Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:57   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I didn't switch off ESP on these occasions, assuming ESP would help me come out of the situation. Next time, I will try both with and without ESP in such conditions!
Yes, Switching off ESP would have helped i am sure, I too have planned a few offroading (Well Softroading) gateways, Hoping it goes according to plan, Eager to find out how the AWD performs.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:41   #857

I have booked W10 model dolphin grey. I had been confused between W10 and Jetta ( i know both are different segment) because they almost now fall in same bracket. But bland looks, price ( expensive by more than 2.5 lakhs), costly spares and maintenance of Jetta made my decision easy. Also i had a special craving for SUV's.
I checked with different dealers in Pune, but one gave me almost 50k discount during this festive season and also the ex- showroom price was almost 20k cheaper compared to other dealers. ( total discount went to 70k). i have all my fingers crossed now. Delivery is expected this week.
I need to know:-
1) Whether a newly purchased vehicle requires paint protection from 3M ?
2) Do the headlights require upgrade?
I do have to travel on highways once or twice in the month.
abhi19dr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:16   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19dr View Post
I have booked W10 model dolphin grey. I had been confused between W10 and Jetta ( i know both are different segment) because they almost now fall in same bracket. But bland looks, price ( expensive by more than 2.5 lakhs), costly spares and maintenance of Jetta made my decision easy. Also i had a special craving for SUV's.
I checked with different dealers in Pune, but one gave me almost 50k discount during this festive season and also the ex- showroom price was almost 20k cheaper compared to other dealers. ( total discount went to 70k). i have all my fingers crossed now. Delivery is expected this week.
I need to know:-
1) Whether a newly purchased vehicle requires paint protection from 3M ?
2) Do the headlights require upgrade?
I do have to travel on highways once or twice in the month.
Congrats, I do own both the vehicle, New age XUV and the 2014 Jetta, So i know what you must have gone through

1. Depends on you, There are paint protections for new cars, though i have never got one.
2. Yes, Low beam is very weak for highway usage, Do upgrade at the earliest.
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:58   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
But practically, it didn't help me at Zuluk [snow], Sela Pass [snow], Badrinath [gravel/boulders/steep] and Mussoorie [steep].

Nothing has been mentioned about traction control in Mahindra XUV 500 website.

Attachment 1434691

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/compar...?id=comp_model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Pardon me, But did you try climbing the Steep with the ESP OFF? AFAIK, ESP off button is giving for situations like this when you need more traction from the tyres, By default ESP is ON and it will cut off the power to the wheels as soon as it detects slippage or traction loss, And also TCS has to be a part of ESP and hence its not mentioned.
I did some more research on youtube and saw few more videos. TC basically works by braking the wheels that are slipping and give power to the ones that have traction. However incase of FWD XUV if both wheels dont have traction, then it will make things worse since it will actually cut power mid way in the climb and lose momentum. Secondly given that the road biased tyres on XUV, the FWD version wouldn't do too well on gravel kind of steep inclines.

Few videos which show it working on a Q7 and also XUV.

supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:27   #860
BHPian

The grinding sound on turning the steering all the way towards right is back. Had mentioned it at the time of first service and guess the sound had disappeared post that. Have a tight schedule this week and next week is holiday time in Goa, will get it checked once I am back. Hope it is nothing serious.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:27   #861

Thanks Tanveer.
For low beam do u have any suggestions? Does it include installation of HID kit or just the bulbs?
I ran into trouble today with the dealer during PDI. He had installed side beading with chrome finish without my knowledge. I totally distaste side beading on dolphin grey and asked the salesperson to replace with new vehicle rather than removing the beading. ( i m almost sure that there will be some paint damage while removing it). After a long conversation and argument with the manager they agreed to give me a new vehicle in next three days. Hope they don't spoil it this time.
Also may be off topic, but my work colleague booked W10 at same dealer after going through creta, duster and terrano.
abhi19dr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 19:03   #862
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift W4 variant

A big thank you to Abhijit Patil for sharing this information with fellow enthusiasts.

Those looking at the XUV500 W4 variant, here's some good news:

Some dealers are offering MapmyIndia's ICENAV 101 for Rs. 23,000, as an additional fitment; the price includes a night vision camera and installation. Abhijit claims that while its fit & finish is a bit iffy, sound output seems to be better than the W10's unit.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20151102_135725.jpg

Also, the dealer seems to be accepting bookings for the W4 variant with the two new colours - Opulent Purple and Sunset Orange. At the time of launch, these were exclusively available in the W8 variant and higher.

Without much bargaining, the dealer also seems to be offering 4 alloy wheels and Rs. 10,000 corporate discount.
S2!!! is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 06:40   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Welcome to the Purple Club! Wish you thousands of delightful miles and fuss free ownership. Quick question - did they have to drill while installing the reverse parking camera?

Hi. Yes. They did drill the bumper aligned to the reverse sensor and it looks quite neat. M&M technicians did a good job.

Separately also go 3M mats installed in all three rows. I am a huge fan of their feel and quality. Costed me appx 8200/-

Now looking for some good sear cover options. Any suggestions are welcome.
Icarus_Deft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 16:51   #864
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I recently bought the Coozo 5D mats. They were delivered to me today. I have posted my thoughts and some photos on my thread - My BattleCat's roar.

I definitely think it is a good addition to the Cheetah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I bought coozo 5d(?????) Mats for my car. Awesome quality product.
Thanks once again, Stephen! It was your post that had reminded me about this product that I had seen on Amazon a while ago.

Cheers

Last edited by achyu : 6th November 2015 at 16:53.
Old 7th November 2015, 05:54   #865
BHPian

Are there any updates or news around the possible launch of the A/T? Mahindra is missing out on a lot of potential customers by delaying the launch of an A/T variant for the XUV

Any info is sincerely appreciated
Old 8th November 2015, 21:59   #866
BHPian

Dear All,

My XUV 500 has completed the second service on Friday. I opted for a voluntary OIL change as I did not want the car to run on same OIL for 15 K KMS as the next service is at 20 K. However after the service I am noticing the following behavior. During cold start or if Engine is switched off for an hour or so, the Low oil pressure lamp is on for 2-3 seconds along with the audible warning. It goes off after that. If we restart immediately it behaves perfectly and OIL pressure lamp goes off immediately.

I checked the Engine OIL level and it is fine.

Could anyone check in their XUV if it is normal behavior? I called up RM after the issue and they mentioned it is normal but I am a bit nervous as I did not remember noticing this behavior earlier.
Old 8th November 2015, 22:57   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Dear All,

My XUV 500 has completed the second service on Friday. I opted for a voluntary OIL change as I did not want the car to run on same OIL for 15 K KMS as the next service is at 20 K. However after the service I am noticing the following behavior. During cold start or if Engine is switched off for an hour or so, the Low oil pressure lamp is on for 2-3 seconds along with the audible warning. It goes off after that. If we restart immediately it behaves perfectly and OIL pressure lamp goes off immediately.

I checked the Engine OIL level and it is fine.

Could anyone check in their XUV if it is normal behavior? I called up RM after the issue and they mentioned it is normal but I am a bit nervous as I did not remember noticing this behavior earlier.
Normal behaviour, Don't worry. Enjoy the beast, Good to hear i am not the only one who has too planned to change the oil during the 2nd service
Old 9th November 2015, 20:08   #868
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone please confirm the recommended tyre pressure while having a full load, 5 adults plus luggage? The sticker pasted at the drivers door only shows 32PSI, Unlike my jetta, were tyre pressure for both partial and full load is written.

Till now i have always maintained 32 psi and the car used to behave normally, Even with full load, It was only yesterday while checking nitrogen the guy filling it said he fills upto 38 to 40 psi also in SUV's, Isn't that a bit high for indian road conditions, Considering the amount of potholes etc.
Old 9th November 2015, 23:53   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Can anyone please confirm the recommended tyre pressure while having a full load, 5 adults plus luggage? The sticker pasted at the drivers door only shows 32PSI, Unlike my jetta, were tyre pressure for both partial and full load is written.

Till now i have always maintained 32 psi and the car used to behave normally, Even with full load, It was only yesterday while checking nitrogen the guy filling it said he fills upto 38 to 40 psi also in SUV's, Isn't that a bit high for indian road conditions, Considering the amount of potholes etc.
Tyre pressure should always be checked on cold tyres. Just maintain the psi that is mentioned. 38 to 40 psi is quiet high, because when the tyres get hot while running will further increase the pressure.

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/.../pressure.aspx
Old 10th November 2015, 01:36   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Tyre pressure should always be checked on cold tyres. Just maintain the psi that is mentioned. 38 to 40 psi is quiet high, because when the tyres get hot while running will further increase the pressure.

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/.../pressure.aspx
The link suggests, increasing the tyre pressure by 4PSI under full load from the recommended tyre, So 32 psi goes till 36 PSI, And issue is there is no nitrogen checking place anywhere near my place.

Most Viewed