Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 22:41   #946

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

My only one month old W10 has visited Kundan Workshop in Pimpri, Pune. Most of the issues have been resolved like steering vibrations, many cabin noises from doors and central instrument panel. Most of the issues were addressed by the workshop people and customer care manager.
My main issue is that i still get thudding noises from right front door and ratting noise from tailgate door whenever the road gets bumpy ( which are unfortunately most roads in Pune these days).
I really need some advice of how to make those noises go away? The Kundan workshop guys look helpless. The noise just comes back again. Will showing the problem to other authorized workshop in Pune solve my problem?
Also, i been recently updated my low and high beam headlights with Osram nightbreaker. Strangely i felt stock headlamps more comfortable and confident. Are HID a better option? Again does anyone know any decent shop in Pune for HIDs?
Old 12th December 2015, 00:52   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19dr View Post
My only one month old W10 has visited Kundan Workshop in Pimpri, Pune. Most of the issues have been resolved like steering vibrations, many cabin noises from doors and central instrument panel. Most of the issues were addressed by the workshop people and customer care manager.
My main issue is that i still get thudding noises from right front door and ratting noise from tailgate door whenever the road gets bumpy ( which are unfortunately most roads in Pune these days).
I really need some advice of how to make those noises go away? The Kundan workshop guys look helpless. The noise just comes back again. Will showing the problem to other authorized workshop in Pune solve my problem?
Also, i been recently updated my low and high beam headlights with Osram nightbreaker. Strangely i felt stock headlamps more comfortable and confident. Are HID a better option? Again does anyone know any decent shop in Pune for HIDs?
I observed this thud noise while I test drove the W10 Fwd variant last month. I found it made noise while opening only for the first time, after repeatedly opening and closing several times the sound didn't come up. This made me think whether the glass sticks temporarily in the rubber beading when closed for a long time. I asked the SA and he replied it just comes once in a day and after that it works fine which was evident. Hope Mahindra fixes up these small issues soon in this otherwise excellent all rounder.

Regarding HID, I did fit 4200k HID in my ecosport without projectors and removed them after using for one year. I faced two issues.

1. It blinds oncoming traffic severely.
2. The light spread is not uniform without projectors. I'm sure it will be good with projectors but check about the intensity, shouldn't trouble the oncoming traffic.

Instead I suggest you go for higher wattage bulbs. Will definitely satisfy your requirements.

Cheers
Old 13th December 2015, 22:42   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
I observed this thud noise while I test drove the W10 Fwd variant last month. I found it made noise while opening only for the first time, after repeatedly opening and closing several times the sound didn't come up. This made me think whether the glass sticks temporarily in the rubber beading when closed for a long time. I asked the SA and he replied it just comes once in a day and after that it works fine which was evident.
Cheers
I also face this issue almost whenever I take out the car and it happens the first time while opening the glass and also randomly when the right side goes over a pothole or speed breaker. I wasn't able to reproduce this sound at the A.S.S even after my best efforts, probably the sound goes off after a few open & close cycles.
The noise sounds the same like when you strike a nail or small stone to the glass. Anybody who has a solution please share . This noise is quite irritating.
Old 15th December 2015, 16:40   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I have uploaded snaps of camera bracket (above rear number plate). I don't want to drill the bumper. Hyderabad Dealers and service stations are yet to get camera from company for this bracket.Has someone installed camera on bracket similar to W10? or some W10 owner got the camera replaced under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I have done that on my car. I got it done from the showroom itself. They said that this one is a night-vision equipped cam. Visibility is more than enough. The reverse cam does its job properly. Haven't faced any niggles so far.

Attachment 1444520

Attachment 1444521
Make sure that you order the camera which is smaller than the ones they fix on the rear bumber. They are too big to be fixed in the bracket provided on the boot. I was told that the wiring was done using a 'sleeve'(?) in order to avoid the possibility of warranty problems which was bound to haunt me had the cut the wire.

Attachment 1444522

Attachment 1444523
Thanks Stephen, I finally managed to get reverse parking camera fixed above registration number plate similar to W10 at Automotive dealers at Panjagutta, Hyderabad and avoided drilling rear bumper ]. Even dealer did it for first time on my insistence and billed Rs. 4500/-. Got the software upgraded and it is working fine . I will try to snap soon.

Dealers are drilling bumpers to save installation time and effort. Many of them are not aware that camera can be installed on new age W8 similar to W10. It take 15 minutes to install camera by drilling hole on bumper while installing on camera bracket takes 30 minutes since tailgate cover is opened and routing the wires is cumbersome.
rakesht_ripps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:02   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I also face this issue almost whenever I take out the car and it happens the first time while opening the glass and also randomly when the right side goes over a pothole or speed breaker. I wasn't able to reproduce this sound at the A.S.S even after my best efforts, probably the sound goes off after a few open & close cycles.
The noise sounds the same like when you strike a nail or small stone to the glass. Anybody who has a solution please share . This noise is quite irritating.
I have 2 months old W8 and also getting similar sound (Tic Tic) near 3rd row seats while driving on rough roads but not able to find the exact spot. suggest
Old 15th December 2015, 18:11   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I have 2 months old W8 and also getting similar sound (Tic Tic) near 3rd row seats while driving on rough roads but not able to find the exact spot. suggest
These noises are difficult to localise, not only for us but also for M&M technicians. On my part, I try to minimise the possibilities of noise - making sure that seat-belts are anchored properly, sunglasses in the sunglasses holder is insulated by a soft material( the holder originally comes only with a hard surface), etc. One noise that I have not been able to get rid of is the noise from the instrument cluster.
Old 15th December 2015, 18:27   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Hi RajeVenu, I was referring to the sunroof actually and not the doors or seats. Sorry for not mentioning it precisely in my previous comment.
By the way, I too heard some noises from the rear seats during my 45 kms test drive and the vehicle had some wheel alignment issues too, though this was a minor one and it was due for service.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 19:34   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

If possible ask the service guys to replace the tailgate hinges and the latch. If not ask them to realign the tail door by loosening all the hinges and re tightening.
Until that try adding a foam like material on the tail door latch.

For the right hand door, ask the service guys to tighten the mounts of the window winding motors and other mechanisms (including speakers etc). If this does not help, add the foam like material along the window guides. Also add a chunk of the damping material to the inner door panel. Also check the door hinge for any bend/damage to the pin in between the moving parts

Hope this helps
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 11:36   #954

I am in process of booking an XUV 500. I live in Bangalore and wanted to know which of the dealership - India garage or Shireesh Auto is better in term of after sales service. So far my interaction with both of them have been at par. Service centre proximity from my place is also same. I have tried looking into earlier post but couldn't find any clear indication. Would be very helpful if owners from Bangalore can comment on their experience.

PS: I tried looking up for threads with dealership experience but couldn't find an appropriate one. So posting here.
Old 16th December 2015, 12:51   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive on View Post
I am in process of booking an XUV 500. I live in Bangalore and wanted to know which of the dealership - India garage or Shireesh Auto
Would say they are equally good or bad. Sireesh Singasandra, Anant cars Bannarghatta road and India Garage are rated good from service point of view.

However, for sales part just decide on the dealer who is ready to give the vehicle for least price and with the insurance provider of your choice.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:08   #956
BHPian

Check at two places also haggle for a good December discounts, there are some sweet deals given away
Old 16th December 2015, 13:18   #957
BHPian

Quote:
I am in process of booking an XUV 500. I live in Bangalore and wanted to know which of the dealership - India garage or Shireesh Auto is better in term of after sales service. So far my interaction with both of them have been at par. Service centre proximity from my place is also same. I have tried looking into earlier post but couldn't find any clear indication. Would be very helpful if owners from Bangalore can comment on their experience.

PS: I tried looking up for threads with dealership experience but couldn't find an appropriate one. So posting here.
I bought mine a couple of months ago from India Garage, Mahadevapura on Whitefield Road (near Decathalon). My experience, at the time of sale as well as during after sales service, has been very good. Details can be found on my ownership thread. I vouch for the team there.

Suhas and others have had decent experiences with ASS at Sireesh.

If you are looking to haggle for discounts, IG is offering 35K cash + 10K corporate + 15K exchange bonus. Sireesh will probably have the same. See if either of them can sweeten the deal. Look for insurance from outside the dealership and check which dealer can match the quote or get close.

Last edited by achyu : 16th December 2015 at 13:19.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:57   #958
BHPian

Quote:

IG was excellent for the sales part - they had ready stocks, offered a good price, and were able to get me the registration number of my choice. However, for service, Sireesh at Marthahalli is miles ahead, so I switched the service to them.

Buy from whoever gives you a good price, specially at the year end. Some people tend to think that a 2015 model will fetch less price than a 2016 model even though they are bought just a few weeks apart. I did not let this influence my decision and bought the vehicle in the last week of December 2014.

In a lighter vein, you may get a very good price break now if you buy from New Delhi, thanks to the Supreme Court judgement
Old 16th December 2015, 14:29   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The XUV has projectors for Low beam, in fact the export version gets HID for lowbeam, you can go in for 35W 4300K Hid in low beam only. High beam being a reflector type should not be altered. Stick to a standard brand like Osram or Philips. Many accessory shops like Bafna Motors , Bhandari Motors, Poona motors etc are capable of doing the job.

Rahul
Old 16th December 2015, 19:44   #960

Relieving to know that service across is at par as this would be my first experience with a Mahindra vehicle. I am talking with both of them for the year end discounts. Both had first come up with the 60k discount as being talked about on the forum. Right now India Garage seem to walk a little more for a better quote and preferred insurance service provider, Shireesh is yet to get back, though have assured of something good. But the sense I got is, may be the discount will move up by 10 or 15k more. Nothing more than that.

Most Viewed