Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 18:03   #1696

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
For fog lamps costing around 1900Rs, the labour of 1800Rs seems too high. Can you kindly reconfirm?
Yes, I own a W6 and the fitting was done a week after I had taken delivery.
I had protested against the high labour charges quoted as well.
The explanation I received was that the bumper had to be removed for taking off the black bezel and wiring the fog lamps.
And that this will not be done at the service centre but at the Mahindra body shop and the labour charge for this job will fall under the category of 'denting charges' which will be Rs. 1800.

I checked labour charges at a local mechanic shop and they quoted Rs. 900 for any job that involves removing and refitting the bumper (as it was time consuming).
I then didn't want my one week old car at the hands of the local mechanic so decided to go with the Mahindra body shop. But less than a week later I realised it was nonetheless a bad choice!

The guys at the Mahindra body shop were too lazy to wire the fog lamps to the designated fog lamp control switch and instead wired it to the switch that turns on the headlamps. So now every time I turned on the headlamps, the fog lamps were on as well. When I told them I didn't want this wiring setup, I was told that wiring it to the fog lamp switch was not possible at all on the W6 even though it had the fog lamp control switch same as the W8/10. When I tried to give them possible solutions, I kept receiving their completely illogical explanations as to why it would be impossible!!

And voila, in less than a week's time there was a strong burning smell inside the car and I realised that the headlamp switch was burning hot. Took it to a local workshop who diagnosed that the headlamp switch couldn't take the load of both head and fog lamps at the same time which had burnt out the switch. With the switch burnt, I was now not able to turn neither of the lamps off. Had to disconnect the battery terminal to park at night.

Next morning was my very angry self, blasting off guys at the Mahindra service centre. And guess what, the service manager walks in and admits that it was of course possible to wire the fog lamps to the fog lamp switch, and that the guys at the body shop would have 'probably been lazy' to do it!! Wow, how brilliant was that?!

I was then given a warranty replacement of the whole right control assembly (for which I had to wait for 10 more days) and the fogs lamps were then wired rightly to the fog lamp control switch!
Anand_Mur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 10:21   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Btw - how did it go for you after this? did you manage to sort out the stuff or escalate to M&M?
I took my XUV to Anant cars two days before my long road trip. The person there was able to replicate all the major issues regarding noise and squeak and also identify a fresh one! After he realized that I was going on a long road trip, he promised to "re-tourque" the suspension as well. He said that it will help in reducing the noise I face when the car goes over a hump or a rough patch (this was one of my complaints).

I have just returned from my trip, driving 5,300 kms in the last 13 days, and I must say, the car has behaved flawlessly. Not a single squeak or rattle. Yes, I was driving on national highways, but the road was very bad in the Jodhpur-Jaisalmer and Jodhpur- Jaipur stretch, plus at a few places, I had to get off the road to get ahead of traffic.

I did end up with a few scratches on the left ORVM and a chip in the windshield, but can't fault the car for the same.
ajayclicks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 15:30   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
How much did you paid for the genuine accessory fog lamps?
What is your view after experiencing them in night on your known roads (on earlier drives with standard lights without fogs)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
The fog lamps cost Rs. 977 each. The chrome bezels cost Rs. 522 each. Labour for fitting will be charged at Rs. 1800.
In total the complete job will cost you a little less than Rs. 5500, inclusive of service taxes.
I was quoted 3.5k for the fog lamps (without the chrome bezels). Bargained it down to 3k. Dont have the bill with me right now for the breakup but i bought them from the showroom accessory shop and they did the installation too.

@Anand_Mur - Bad luck ! Mine are connected to their designated switch only, some bad employees just ruin a companies image.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 20th October 2016 at 15:34.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 15:00   #1699
BHPian

Hi everyone
(Not sure if the earlier post got posted property or not, so reposting)

I have a w10 fwsld.
I got my infotainment software upgraded from v 3 to v 6 a few weeks back and then came back today to get it updated to v 7.
Maps have not been updated thus far.
Today I asked them to upgrade the Maps as well because I know there is an update pending. They are charging me Rs. 450 for the maps update! They are saying this is Mahindra approved!
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is this normal?
Could anyone give me a quick feedback please!
This is at Sterling Gurgaon!
Thanks!
Old 21st October 2016, 17:19   #1700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is this normal?
Yes, that is how it is. Earlier it was around Rs 350 I think. Blame it to inflation The firmware/ infotainment software upgrades are free. Part of your service routine. But the map core engine/ map data are additional charges.

The maps update means two things - maps software and map data. The map data need not be upgraded every now and then. For a routine use, once in 1.5-2 years is good. If at all any issue, google maps on your phone would be handy anyway. The maps software can be upgraded mostly along with firmware upgrade and I believe free.

By the way, what changes you see in v7 upgrade? Anything new?
Old 23rd October 2016, 03:06   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes, that is how it is. Earlier it was around Rs 350 I think. Blame it to inflation The firmware/ infotainment software upgrades are free. Part of your service routine. But the map core engine/ map data are additional charges.

The maps update means two things - maps software and map data. The map data need not be upgraded every now and then. For a routine use, once in 1.5-2 years is good. If at all any issue, google maps on your phone would be handy anyway. The maps software can be upgraded mostly along with firmware upgrade and I believe free.

By the way, what changes you see in v7 upgrade? Anything new?
Thanks for the feedback! I was ultimately charged only 275! Supposedly, that's the license cost for the maps, and the labor for upgrading is free. I think it's fine of they are charging since it's nominal.
I am not sure what they upgraded - the core software or the data - possibly both. All they did was take out a ICE-type unit from underneath the glove box to note a number imprinted on it, and then put it back. And to upgrade, plugged in the usb, went into the engineering menu and selected 'Maps Update', that's all - after approx 10 mins, the car was restarted and it was done. The new maps is super smooth and extremely responsive to touch (unlike the previous one which was laggy). It also has updated maps data (Street names, buildings etc)
In terms of the v 7 informatatainment, I couldn't notice anything new.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:10   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Our extended family welcomed it's newest member on Dhanteras day (28th October).

Variant - W10 Manual.
Cost - ~19 lacs, OTR.
Offers - Rs 40,000 cash discount.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0216.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0218.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0217.jpg

Thanks to all the wonderful ownership reports (.anshuman, SDP, J.Ravi sir, abirnale, fusionbang, Tanveer_2558, and many others) and fellow members' insightful posts in the official threads for all their invaluable feedback and inputs regarding this wonderful Mahindra which made our decision a whole lot easier.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:31   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Our extended family welcomed it's newest member on Dhanteras day (28th October).
Congratulations Avinash to your family on acquiring this beast

Wish you all a safe and happy ride on this car and wish they munch miles with smiles
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 13:46   #1704
J.Ravi

Quote:
Congratulations and best wishes for infinite miles with smiles with the new W10, RavenAvi.
  (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:08   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Thanks Anurag. You are right. Duster RXZ does seems to be VFM now considering Renault is giving some good discounts now. After all discounts, it's coming to around 14L OTR Bangalore.
XUV has been known for it's electronics/gizmos ( Specially W8 & W10 ). W6 is also descent. But as you said, W4 is too basic for a vehicle that costs about 15L OTR Bangalore.

You got it right. I need a vehicle that looks like an SUV but drives like a car.
Currently my usage is mostly inside city & occasionally on highways.
So I will stick to Dusty for this upgrade & keep XUV for my next upgrade.

This is the upgrade path I am looking at currently

SWIFT ---> Duster ---> XUV ---> Fortuner
I am an XUV W4 owner and was in a similar dilemma a few months back, had booked the duster but now I realise that I made the right choice.

Duster is a great car no doubts but XUV 500 in its W4 avatar has all the basic things that you would need in an SUV and the best part is that it can occasionally seat 7-8 people which works well for family and friends.

I have never been a fan of mahindra but after driving an XUV 500 for 5000+ kms I feel W4 is a no brainer.
e4gleeyez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:16   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Feel great to hear that. All the best. Enjoy the beast and keep us posted. My journey with Honda City SV goes on (Odometer reads 22000+ after 2 years and three months). Happy with it. Next change might be an automatic.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 12:40   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
I was then given a warranty replacement of the whole right control assembly (for which I had to wait for 10 more days) and the fogs lamps were then wired rightly to the fog lamp control switch!
Anand, this is extremely bad service center experience. Even though they have fixed it but i feel you should report this to Mahindra customer service team. What if the switch were to catch fire and cause more damage. Glad you were cautious about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
I am an XUV W4 owner and was in a similar dilemma a few months back, had booked the duster but now I realise that I made the right choice.
yes, the latest W4 variant is much nicer than in the earlier model where it seemed short changed despite a hefty price tag. Now with same dash quality, mono chrome screen etc its a very good option. recently a colleague of mine bought W4 over a City top end cause price diff was hardly 2 lacs.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 10:32   #1708

I've a W6 and would like to install the W8 infotainment console? Service center say's it's not possible? Want to check if anyone upgraded their W6 infotainment console to W8 or anything better? What is your feedback and what are the costs involved?
Old 8th November 2016, 12:32   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja75 View Post
I've a W6 and would like to install the W8 infotainment console? Service center say's it's not possible? Want to check if anyone upgraded their W6 infotainment console to W8 or anything better? What is your feedback and what are the costs involved?
This post might be of help to you, but this was done on a W4 variant. Try to source some information on how can it be done on a W6

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3852104

Also, you can get in touch with Asif from EB Bass, Sheshadripuram. He will be able to help you out with some recommendations.

Contact No: Asif - 9886323371

NOTE: I am in no way associated with EB Bass
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 13:52   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
This post might be of help to you, but this was done on a W4 variant.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3852104
Thanks for posting this and bringing it to my notice ! Always wanted to get this done but the showroom guys kept refusing by saying its not possible or the warranty will be over etc etc. Will send the pics/link to them and see if they are willing to do it now.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks