Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 18:39   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
One thing they need to do quickly is to improve the feel of the interior, especially around dashboard. This is one area XUV is is way behind the Hexa.
IMO, just fixing the texture on the plastics will help quite a bit. Currently, it has weird long grain texture on the dashboard which makes to look very downmarket.
Yet to see Hexa personally but totally agree the XUV's long grain texture even 5 yrs back upon introduction was weird. I think it was part of Mahindra's philosophy of doing everything different and over did it. After owning one for almost 2 yrs I have gotten over it. But 1 top item for Mahindra to improve has to be the low speed ride quality. I have no complaints once i cross 30kmph but in Bangalore that happens best case occasionally.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:57   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I think it was part of Mahindra's philosophy of doing everything different and over did it.
True. I always believe that the newbies (which, Tatas and Mahindras are in the premium SUV market) should 'learn the rule before braking it'. There is no need to reinvent door handles or AC vents. Just need to follow what the established manufacturers do, and may be try to improvise.
Old 15th February 2017, 12:54   #1803
BHPian

I don't think there is any update coming soon. Instead they are going to do an ad campaign. The news link is below

http://www.zeebiz.com/companies/inte...mahindra-12186
Old 15th February 2017, 15:14   #1804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I don't think there is any update coming soon. Instead they are going to do an ad campaign.
Not sure if that can be conclusion of the story. They have to make statements that XUV is already better, obviously. But for sure, they are feeling heat and many news earlier/ some insider stories have hinted that there will be something new coming in XUV story. Else it will be "old and live old"
Old 15th February 2017, 15:21   #1805
BHPian

Guys,

Need a help. My colleague has a XUV W8 that he bought in Jan '16. The question is about the bluetooth system in the car. It appears that that you cannot make the system 'visible' for other bluetooth devices, it can only scan for other 'visible' devices. Now the corporate blackberry devices that we have got from our org doesn't allow us to make the phone 'visible'. We are right now stuck between two bluetooth devices that expect the other device to be 'visible'

Any ideas on how we can make the HU of the XUV W8 'visible' to other devices. I had a quick look at the settings and couldn't figure that out...

Thanks in advance for the help!
-shifu
Old 16th February 2017, 09:43   #1806
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians. I have been the passive observer from past 1 year and gone through all pages and posts of XUV500 Manual and Automatic review threads to get in-depth details of this car.

I am planning to buy XUV500 W10 Automatic FWD (Black Color) somewhere around May and after reading thousands of posts, identified some of the additions that i will do immediately after buying the car.
1. Accessories from showroom: Side step, Door lining and Rain visor
2. I will change the stock tyres (Bridgestone/Apollo) to Michelin/Pirelli/Continental
3. Accessories from 3M: NoMad mats, PPF (Front & Rear bumpers, side mirrors, under door handles, door edges), underbody antirust coating, CR70 film on Frontshield and RE70 on sides and back.

Now i need your help regarding point 2 and 3.
For point 2, i am confused between Michelin, pirelli and continental. My daily drive is around 90 KMS and out of this, 80% is city drive and 20% on highways. Based on this pattern, which tyre should i buy?
For point 3, as of now i have just inquired about CR70 & RE70 sun film from 3M and the guy from 3M shop on Golf course road, Gurgaon told me that they are only using CR70 film for front windshield, sides and rear and the cost for the same is around Rs 28000 . Can anyone help me on this? I found this very expensive. Is this the right price that they have quoted to me??

Also, please let me know if i have missed out on anything that can be added on my Black beast. I know it's early to decide on everything as i am planning to buy the car in May but i just want to make sure that i have the rough estimate of accessories that i want to add after delivery.

P.S. I have posted the same query on XUV500 Automatic review thread also. As my queries are related to accessories, that's why i am posting my query on this thread also so that i can get more inputs.
Old 16th February 2017, 11:14   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
the guy from 3M shop on Golf course road, Gurgaon told me that they are only using CR70 film for front windshield, sides and rear and the cost for the same is around Rs 28000 . Can anyone help me on this? I found this very expensive. Is this the right price that they have quoted to me??

Also, please let me know if i have missed out on anything that can be added on my Black beast.
I feel it is pretty much the right price. I have installed the same CR70 film on my i20 on front windshield and 4 windows. It costed me around Rs. 18,000 for the same. Considering XUV's massive window area and the inclusion of rear also, I feel that the price is not that expensive.

Coming to accesories, you can add a rear bull bar if you want. Apart from that, there is nothing else you may require. It pretty much comes with all bells and whistles.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 13:32   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, please let me know if i have missed out on anything that can be added on my Black beast. I know it's early to decide on everything as i am planning to buy the car in May but i just want to make sure that i have the rough estimate of accessories that i want to add after delivery.
What bout alloys? Get a new set from outside. It stands out and makes XUV more impressive.

Also wont you be harassed by police after putting films since its banned in Delhi? Think about it.

As for the tyres based on your running, my choice would be Pirelli's.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:06   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
What bout alloys? Get a new set from outside. It stands out and makes XUV more impressive.

Also wont you be harassed by police after putting films since its banned in Delhi? Think about it.

As for the tyres based on your running, my choice would be Pirelli's.
Thanks for the information Nitin. I thought it is ok to use CR70 films but i will now double check the same with other BHPians who belongs from Delhi.

Regarding tyre upgrade, are these Pirelli tyres A/T or H/T? and on what aspects do you feel these tyres are better than Michelin?
P.S Just curious to know the difference between the two.
Old 18th February 2017, 13:05   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information Nitin. I thought it is ok to use CR70 films but i will now double check the same with other BHPians who belongs from Delhi.

Regarding tyre upgrade, are these Pirelli tyres A/T or H/T? and on what aspects do you feel these tyres are better than Michelin?
P.S Just curious to know the difference between the two.
Since your drive is mostly on highways hence going for HT tyres would make sense. AT's are hard but abuse friendly, like the ones i have now( maxxis AT as shown in my pic). So i would suggest for HT tyres. Michelin are good too. I was just telling you my choice if i was in your shoes😁.

As for the films, i too had them when they were legal but had to remove them once the law came in. Specially in gurgaon where my office used to be, almost daily i was stopped by thullas cause of films. Now i have them removed except for rear screen and the rear quarter glass on the sides.
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:13   #1811
BHPian

To all members who own a W10.
I am planning to fix the reversing cam of W10 onto my W8. I believe that the silver box of W8 & W10 are the same so if I retrofit the W10 cam, will I be able to use the Dynamic assist feature. My MASS says fitting the cam is possible but dynamic assist isn't. As per them although the wiring and silver box are the same but the W10 runs a 64bit software and W8 a 32 bit version. I can't digest this as, if the box is similar then it is just a matter of software upgrade. My queries are:-

(a) Has any W8 owner been successful in this retrofit. If yes then the process or contact of the technician who carried out the mod.
(b) Any clarity on the software of W10 box will be grateful or any idea if this mod has any chance of success.
(c) Any W10 owner who can post pictures of the software version of his silver box for my reference.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:35   #1812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
(a) Has any W8 owner been successful in this retrofit. If yes then the process or contact of the technician who carried out the mod.
(b) Any clarity on the software of W10 box will be grateful or any idea if this mod has any chance of success.
(c) Any W10 owner who can post pictures of the software version of his silver box for my reference.
I will post pictures later tonight.

Do you have a reverse camera now or no? If no, you should get it regardless of whether assist works or not. Its a good mod.

I have no idea about this 32bit and 64 bit thing but me thinks - the firmware copy on the W8 itself may have certain routines that detect the version of the vehicle and by default enable or disable certain functions. So unless you hack that or trick the silver box to detect your car as W10, this probably wont work. But considering all of utility reverse camera brings in, whats the harm in trying? May be 5KINR? Its well worth it IMHO.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 17:07   #1813
BHPian

Clear films are the best alternative, if not the most legal ones. Clear films keep the light and heat to a minimum from entering the cabin and being clear will not come under the police scanner either. 3M’s CR-70 is a good option as it allows complete and clear visibility, since it is not a dark film.

The clear film even though provide 100 percent visibility and transparent, still are not legal by law.

https://www.motorbeam.com/2014/01/ti...-window-tints/

Quote:
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:42   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I will post pictures later tonight.

Do you have a reverse camera now or no? If no, you should get it regardless of whether assist works or not. Its a good mod.

I have no idea about this 32bit and 64 bit thing but me thinks - the firmware copy on the W8 itself may have certain routines that detect the version of the vehicle and by default enable or disable certain functions. So unless you hack that or trick the silver box to detect your car as W10, this probably wont work. But considering all of utility reverse camera brings in, whats the harm in trying? May be 5KINR? Its well worth it IMHO.
No I haven't got the cam in my hands but my service executive has been given the firm order for purchase. You are right about the price as he gave me a quote of INR 5K. You may be correct about the routines part but afaik the silver box is upgraded or flashed from a separate USB port and the ECU from the OBD (I am hoping as hell that unlike ECU the silver box doesn't require VIN or model info for upgrade ) so the two although interrelated may be following different protocols hence I am keeping the hope alive.
I have although felt the necessity of the cam but was avoiding the bumper fixed one as I wanted the fix location to be same as in w10 and if I can get dynamic assist then it will be icing on the cake..

I will wait for the photos. Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 21:05   #1815
Distinguished - BHPian

Here you go -

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks