Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 19:53   #1651
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
I need some advice on the Rear Guard accessory. I read somewhere on the forum that the Rear Guard is installed using clamps that are installed on the vehicle chassis, and in the case of a collision from the rear, the chassis is at the risk of getting deformed. Is that correct? I wouldn't want to risk the chassis to protect the bumper.
When I got the rear nudge guard installed, I was told that it rests on brackets, and in case of a high impact collision, the brackets would break. I have no idea how true that is, and I hope that I never have to find out
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 21:19   #1652
BHPian

Quote:

I need some advice on the Rear Guard accessory. I read somewhere on the forum that the Rear Guard is installed using clamps that are installed on the vehicle chassis, and in the case of a collision from the rear, the chassis is at the risk of getting deformed. Is that correct? I wouldn't want to risk the chassis to protect the bumper.
Hey Mustang, I have installed the rear guard and its indeed installed using clamps to the chassis. The guard is helpful in case of small hits from behind. I feel a strong impact will surely break the clamps and can absorb a lot of force. I am not sure effect on chassis.

cheers
singh.saab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 09:30   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I need some advice on the Rear Guard accessory.
The other accessories I finalized are:
1. Foot Step
2. Reverse Camera
3. Fog Lamps
4. Magnetic Sun Shades (are these any good?)
Congratulations! Looking forward to your ownership experience and some pictures!

The rear Guard IMHO is not really required. There are many types of rear guards - may be the ABS plastic type would be the best but that is a personal opinion. You need to make sure that the guard does not block the exhaust outlet. Otherwise the smoke over longer period would end up making the guard look too bad. As far as I have heard of the stories of rear ended accidents with XUV in b2b traffic, guard is not at all required. The bumper itself is sufficient to absorb a good impact. The good thing is due to height, any smaller vehicle or bikes hitting in the bumper wouldn't make as much damage as we fear.

For the additional accessories, I think you can easily drop the foot steps from your list unless you have senior passenger in family for who it would be difficult to get in and out. Else its manageable without those foot steps.

Add to your long term list - Dashcam, Phone Holder, USB Cig charger and if possible, CR-70 on the front windshield. Bracketed number plate frames, a good emergency support tools etc are generic and applies to any car which you may already have!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:14   #1654

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
I am facing a super strange issue with my new age XUV. When the engine is running and I make a phone call (or receive a call) I get no audio from the infotainment.
Even I use One Plus 3 and face no issues with Calls or Audio stream over Bluetooth. Mine is a W6 2015 Dec edition. Check with the service guys on your next visit.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:18   #1655
BHPian

Thanks to ajayclicks, singh.saab and abirnale for your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Congratulations! Looking forward to your ownership experience and some pictures!
Thanks. Will surely start an Ownership Thread soon.

Quote:
The rear Guard IMHO is not really required. There are many types of rear guards - may be the ABS plastic type would be the best but that is a personal opinion. You need to make sure that the guard does not block the exhaust outlet. Otherwise the smoke over longer period would end up making the guard look too bad. As far as I have heard of the stories of rear ended accidents with XUV in b2b traffic, guard is not at all required. The bumper itself is sufficient to absorb a good impact. The good thing is due to height, any smaller vehicle or bikes hitting in the bumper wouldn't make as much damage as we fear.
Ok. I am leaning away from the rear guard accessory now. I also asked the accessories guy about how strong the clamps connecting to the chassis are, and he invited me to climb up and stand on the installed rear guard on a vehicle!! Based on your inputs, looks like the bumper is good enough for b2b traffic impacts.

Quote:
For the additional accessories, I think you can easily drop the foot steps from your list unless you have senior passenger in family for who it would be difficult to get in and out. Else its manageable without those foot steps.
I do have parents who would be frequently traveling in the car, so foot steps would be quite convenient for them.

Quote:
Add to your long term list - Dashcam, Phone Holder, USB Cig charger and if possible, CR-70 on the front windshield. Bracketed number plate frames, a good emergency support tools etc are generic and applies to any car which you may already have!
This list makes sense.
Do we need the CR-70 film on front windscreen ? I thought XUV's windscreen had "Tinted solar reflecting glass" as per their brochure.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 10:39   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I think it comes in handy. Over the last one yr I have had 2-3 hits in bumper to bumper traffic from behind. As such the force wont damage the bumper but my concern would be the parking sensors and the camera. Damage to that would be replacement. W10 doesnt need to worry about camera though.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 12:25   #1657
BHPian

Got my first service done in the first few days August. This was done at Anant cars Bangalore Paid 5,500 including anti-rust coating on the underbody. Was charged ~ Rs. 2200 (including labour) for the same. Was in two minds initially, but as my swift has started rusting from the underbody, decided to get it done.

Reported the following issues. Am noting the response/ resolution inline:

1. TPMS not showing accurate reading when connected to bluetooth app.
Response: It is usually off- even by upto 2- 3 psi. As long as the infotainment screen shows "ok" there is nothing to worry about

2. Seat (esp drivers seat) makes a horrible squeaking noise when pressed by hand. More irritating is that it makes that noise even due to leg movement (pressing clutch etc.)
Response: It is like that only sir. Will show you other XUV500. Pressed it on another car, problem was replicated. I expressed my irritation at this, even mentioned that my 11 yr old swift is still on its original seats, and there is zero sound.
Resolution: SA promised a resolution. For a week, seats were absolutely silent, but now squeak again, when pressed. However, as they are silent when I move my leg, am inclined to ignore the issue for now.

3. Left side window used to rattle, only in the afternoons (on my return journey from office), and only when the vehicle was on idle.
Resolution: Something has been fixed (motor adjustment). No more rattling while driving. However, at times I detect a minor window rattle while driving.

4. Squeaking noise from the rear left- as if two metal peices are rubbing together. This was reported previously as well where the then SA claimed that I am not locking the middle row seats properly (when I collapse them to enter the 3rd row etc.)
Resolution: Something lose was found in the dicky and has been fixed. This joy lasted for a week- week and a half. Now getting a more louder squeak from the rear center as well as rear right. I suspect that something is lose in the rear door panel. It squeaks when I press the panel from outside.

5. Pointed the minor "wrinkle" that was present even before delivery. They promised to tinker it. I think they mentioned the word "diptych"
Resolution: No tinkering done. They realized that "Mahindra" was missing and proceeded to stick those letters . I now have to bother about additional place on the rear booth where dust etc. will accumulate. Fortunately, as I clean the car on my own, I use proklear waterless wash and RO water from home, so not concerned about scaling (unlike my swift, where the section near this lettering looks horrible). Have decided to live with this "wrinkle". May or maynot get it fixed outside if and when I get some paint touch up etc. done.

As I was busy with work I did not call the SA to report these issues. I was contemplating the following:
1. Call up SA and complain and settle for a temporary fix

2. Go to another dealer- there is Sireesh quick service outlet at JP Nagar near my house. Pay him to open up all panels and tighten/pad things. Since this is a small place, can easily hang around and monitor work.

3. Go to an FNG and get this done. Since door panels contain motors for power windows and rear wiper/demist not sure about warranty issues.

Since then Anant motors called for general 6 month feedback etc. and I expressed my lack of satisfaction with this issue. The person on-call promised to take it up with senior service personnel. To my shock, she actually called back after 4 days and requested me to get my car back to fix these issues. I have yet to take an appointment for this. I do not mind going again, but this needs to be worth my time. I want this issue to be fixed for atleast the next 6 months.

How do I handle this? Insist that they allocate a SA to me before i go to the service center? Insist that he and I be present for the entire duration?

Not only this, there is an occasional vibration on glass window when clutch is released in a lower gear. Is this normal? A function of turbo? First diesel, and first turbo hence this question? Even when I go at a slow pace over a speed-breaker or a rough patch there is this "dhad dhad" noise from the front cabin. And yet i see photos of XUV500s doing off-roading. Do i have to ignore the noise?

An unrelated question:

I my odo is at 5.8K kms currently. I will doing a driving trip to Rajasthan in October. I estimate that when i return, my odo would be at 11.5K- 12k kms. Can the second service be done then- it is only inspect, with the AC filter being changed. Would it impact warranty? I could do this in Udaipur, but then it would be a hassle to do so, and cut into my sightseeing etc. Should I ask the customer care if it is ok to delay the second service to 12K kms? Am sure they would go by the book. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by ajayclicks : 2nd September 2016 at 12:27.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:07   #1658
BHPian

Hi to all the owners of XUV, i would like to know that how is the new 1.99 litre engine in the XUV? Does it have the same 2.2 or has it become a similar story to VW's 1.5 litre tdi?Since nobody has posted anything abiut the new engine, i wanted some information because my friend is going to book a red W10 this Sunday. Thanks.
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:11   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Not only this, there is an occasional vibration on glass window when clutch is released in a lower gear. Is this normal? A function of turbo? First diesel, and first turbo hence this question? Even when I go at a slow pace over a speed-breaker or a rough patch there is this "dhad dhad" noise from the front cabin. And yet i see photos of XUV500s doing off-roading. Do i have to ignore the noise?
No not at all, unless we customers are demanding and get the minutest of issues resolved, the service centre folks will take us for granted. I was in a similar situation with my brand new TUV. Right from day#1, when the car was out of the showroom I was experiencing this mild vibrating / rattling noise from driver side window. Same like your case, the noise would accentuate when there would be increased resonance or going over rough patch, bumps etc. Initially it was dismissed as a non-issue, but when I persisted they sent their technical expert with me on longish test drive. He could reproduce the various sounds and acknowledged the issue. I also recorded the sound in my smartphone. Finally he made the conclusion that noise was coming from the window glass and the winder assembly needs to be replaced. When the door trim was opened and winder assembly removed it was observed that there was about 1mm play in the channel which was sliding up and down lowering or raising the glass. The new winder assembly had absolutely no play. It was fitted in place, some foam padding were added at two places inside the door trim and the door fitted back. My God, what a difference it made and the issue was 100% resolved to my satisfaction. You can refer my post# 861 in the TUV official review ove here ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3929689

You can lay the blame on M&M vendor supplying parts with inferior quality or M&Ms own quality/inspection dept making a blind eye to such issues, but such faulty parts do find their way in the cars that hit the road and land in the hands of customer. So my suggestion is don't back out and get it fixed to your satisfaction

Last edited by AutoIndian : 2nd September 2016 at 14:12.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 13:42   #1660
BHPian

During the PDI of my W6, I noticed that the temperature gauge in the instrument cluster did not have a glass cover. SA says that this is how it is in all XUVs. There weren't any other XUVs around at that time to cross validate.
Can any owners confirm that it is indeed so? And if so, doesn't the temp gauge collect dust and get dirty ?
Old 3rd September 2016, 15:31   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
During the PDI of my W6, I noticed that the temperature gauge in the instrument cluster did not have a glass cover. SA says that this is how it is in all XUVs. There weren't any other XUVs around at that time to cross validate.
Can any owners confirm that it is indeed so? And if so, doesn't the temp gauge collect dust and get dirty ?
This is indeed the case. It's been 5 months since I got my XUV, no issues with dust on the instrument cluster.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 15:50   #1662
BANNED

Yes Ajay, the temperature guage doesn't come with a glass cover and it has been discussed earlier here in the test dirve and review http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-79.html. The temperature guage comes with a rather matt finish texture console and can be easily cleaned.
RAPTOR-XUV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:17   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
This is indeed the case. It's been 5 months since I got my XUV, no issues with dust on the instrument cluster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTOR-XUV View Post
Yes Ajay, the temperature guage doesn't come with a glass cover and it has been discussed earlier here in the test dirve and review http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-79.html. The temperature guage comes with a rather matt finish texture console and can be easily cleaned.
Thanks guys. It looked weird to me that there were 2 identical gauges (trip meter and temp gauge) on the instrument console, of which only one got a glass cover. Must have been some reason behind it.

Btw, the XUV is home now, and I posted about it in the XUV 500 automatic thread.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 16:56   #1664
BHPian

Just completed a 1500 kms trip between Bangalore and Goa and also clocked the 5000 km mark that makes if ready for the first service. The vehicle held up really well and without any niggles. Doing the ghat section was a charm and trust me, I did not miss my old stallion Punto at all.

Also managed to handsomely win a duel with a "green board" Innova. The more I drive this beast the more i am starting to admire its capabilities.

Appointment with Anant cars Bannerghatta road has been fixed for coming Monday to put the car in shape for the upcoming 5000+ km drive next month.

Last edited by Travelator : 7th September 2016 at 16:56. Reason: Segmenting the post
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 17:43   #1665

I have been facing this issue for quite a while now.
While driving on cruise control mode, at some random point of time, the cruise control just resets/turns off on it own without me stepping on the accelerator/clutch/steering controls.
After this has happened I'm unable to turn on the cruise control mode.

I then have to come to a halt, switch off the engine/battery and restart it again, after which the cruise control starts functioning.

Has anyone experienced this issue before, if yes was there any solution provided?
Is this just a software issue that can be corrected with an ECU update?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks