Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 22:32   #1741
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Can the light guides on the facelifted version be used as DRLs without dimming the infotainment screen?

If I'm asking a duplicate question, kindly excuse me. Its just that I'm travelling and hence couldn't go through the entire thread.
As per my understanding, no. Its a compromise during the day. You have to choose a dim infotainment screen or the guide lights.

On highways, if I really want to ensure that my car is easily visible during the day, I tend to switch on the (otherwise useless) fog-lamps. So in a way, the fogs work like DRLs for me.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 23:32   #1742
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
mine is W10 Manual, I have a strange question,

What happens when you push start/stop button when the car is running on road, does it stop the engine immediately and put us in danger?

I need to know this because I am bit worried about a kid sitting on front might press this start/stop button accidentally.

I did not try this yet but eager to know

-AM

The engine will stop only if the car is stationary and this is sensed from the wheel speed sensors.
Old 18th December 2016, 03:48   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
K&N stock replacement:

Yesterday i installed K&N stock replacement filter for my New AGE XUV, the difference it makes is worth spending 7K, there is definitely a change in behavior how it smoothly accelerates compares to stock air filter, i just did 20K service and at 27K i noticed the stock air filter looked like a garbage with lot of dust,carbon deposits and unable to touch it, it might be due to high city driving but astonished to see such dusts and carbon we inhale everyday on roads.
I delayed replacing stock to K&N this time and went in at 27K ODO, the difference is makes is worth spending this money, it now cleanly accelerates, though it does not give you big kick in power but i like how the engine cleanly or smoothly accelerates after K&N filter. you fill surely notice the difference. The engine sounded little crude and reduced after KN , it might be due to clogged stock air filter as well.

HID:
I am venturing into HID now, i just inquired the HID kit at Xenonplanet, the complete kit including the projector costs about 16K-19K + installation of 4.5K. The name of the kit is Mini Super v2 Kit with 2yrs warranty, Its a bi-xenon and these guys claim they installed in quite a few XUV's in Bangalore and there's no shadow issue, they mentioned that the stock projector is build only for Halogen and not for HID and hence the projector , shroud needs to be replaced.
I searched the entire forum and could not find anyone installed this HID Kit so far, if any one installed this in your XUV please share your experience.

-AM
Can you tell me whats the part no for the KNN filter that fits the stock size? Also any idea if Mahindra would have any warranty concerns. I have used KNN in the past on my Ikon and it does help, should definitely be even better with a turbo engine.

Regarding HIDs both Fusionbang(sunay) and Abirnale (Avinash) have tried on stock lens in Bangalore. Both faced shadow issue. you can look up their ownership threads to get more details.
Old 20th December 2016, 16:00   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
HID:
I am venturing into HID now, i just inquired the HID kit at Xenonplanet, the complete kit including the projector costs about 16K-19K + installation of 4.5K. The name of the kit is Mini Super v2 Kit with 2yrs warranty, Its a bi-xenon and these guys claim they installed in quite a few XUV's in Bangalore and there's no shadow issue, they mentioned that the stock projector is build only for Halogen and not for HID and hence the projector , shroud needs to be replaced.
I searched the entire forum and could not find anyone installed this HID Kit so far, if any one installed this in your XUV please share your experience.

-AM
I installed HID in my oldGen XUV with stock projectors. After 1year light output is very poor. It might be because of bulb degradation as well.
If incase you get to know the reliability of this new projector kit, please let me know. I am also willing to change if its reliable. otherwise i am planning to change only the HID kit in a week or two.
Old 26th December 2016, 18:22   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I have Oct 2016, XUV 500 W8 model with software version-3 and recently got 3rd service (2000 Km) done at Automotive Hyderabad.

I inquired about updates of software version. As per RM, software version is automatically updated once car is connected to service laptop. I checked my vehicle after service. It still shows same version. Has someone got software updates to latest version? if yes then please share version number.
The latest version is 6.0
And no, the software will not 'automatically' get updated. I also had a similar response when i wanted to get it updated. But you have to force them to update it by inserting a USB and then selecting update software from the menu (same menu of which you taken the shot).
They are just being lazy by saying they dont want to update.
Also get the maps update - they will need to take out the unit from below the glove box to read a serial number or something and then put it back, insert another usb and do the maps update.
For both - the infotainment as well as maps update, the time taken is approx 15-30 mins. Once the update is done, they will also plug in their laptop to the controller unit (below the steering somewhere) to update that, but thats a very quick process.
Just be persistent, and if they dont agree, ask to see the senior person.
piyush1.a is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 17:37   #1746
BHPian

I have driven my Oct 2015 XUV (W8) 19000 Km. Now days I am facing initial pickup issue for when engine is cold. It doesn't respond and gives jerks while going over 1400 RPM in 2/3 gear. After 3-4 kms engine or 3 minutes of driving it responds normally. I had shared concern with SA during recent 3rd service at 20000 KM. SA assured that it may be due to chocking of air filter. During 3rd service air filter was replaced but issue still remains same. Now I have to warm up engine for at-least 2 minutes on static mode with RPM between 1200-2000. Once engine is warm it responds normally. Has someone faced similar issue?
rakesht_ripps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 17:43   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I have driven my Oct 2015 XUV (W8) 19000 Km. Now days I am facing initial pickup issue for when engine is cold. It doesn't respond and gives jerks while going over 1400 RPM in 2/3 gear. After 3-4 kms engine or 3 minutes of driving it responds normally. I had shared concern with SA during recent 3rd service at 20000 KM. SA assured that it may be due to chocking of air filter. During 3rd service air filter was replaced but issue still remains same. Now I have to warm up engine for at-least 2 minutes on static mode with RPM between 1200-2000. Once engine is warm it responds normally. Has someone faced similar issue?
I have the same jerky acceleration around 1200-1400-1500 rpm but its consistent irrespective of cold start or over 300-400 km drive. Its more pronounced with load. Mine is a November 2015 W8 .
I was hoping that it would be taken care of in 3rd service but going by your post above ,i now am worried . These jerks are not something which can be ignored. My mobile mounted on mobile stand on dash board sometimes falls off due to these jerks.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 13:46   #1748
BHPian

How do you create adventure of nowhere?

Simply ignore the ‘blinking’ low fuel indicator for a while and forget it completely! And grasp after a good 100km that the ‘distance to empty’ is showing zero and now also realise that the next fuel pump is more than 50 km away!

That was a scare situation that I encountered two days back. However XUV ensured he leaped without any hesitation to the next fuel station 50 km away to gulp 75 litres with space for few more litres!
LoneRidder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 20:13   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post

Simply ignore the ‘blinking’ low fuel indicator for a while and forget it completely! And grasp after a good 100km that the ‘distance to empty’ is showing zero and now also realise that the next fuel pump is more than 50 km away!

That was a scare situation that I encountered two days back. However XUV ensured he leaped without any hesitation to the next fuel station 50 km away to gulp 75 litres with space for few more litres!
i have encountered this situation more than a few times in my on-going travel of more than 6000 kms (of which i'm in last step). On one occassion i could drive more than 100 kms after the display showed zero on the range and the greyhound (thats what i call my grey xuv 500 FWD w10) gulped down about 76.5 litres of fuel.

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 28th December 2016 at 20:14. Reason: spelling error
SX4LOVER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 20:27   #1750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
i have encountered this situation more than a few times in my on-going travel of more than 6000 kms (of which i'm in last step). On one occassion i could drive more than 100 kms after the display showed zero on the range and the greyhound (thats what i call my grey xuv 500 FWD w10) gulped down about 76.5 litres of fuel.
Isn't there a risk of air getting into the fuel system if we let the fuel tank empty out completely? I get paranoid if level drops below the 1/4 mark, so always fill up near the 1/2 mark when on long trips in unfamiliar territory.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 20:35   #1751
BHPian

Isn't the tank capacity 70 litres as per the Owner's manual? If the tank is 20% full (2 bars lit) I expect the fuel in the tank to be anywhere between 14 and 7 litres, and if it takes more than 63 litres to fill the tank then I begin to suspect if the pump is cheating me. Is that a correct conclusion?

Quote:
Old 28th December 2016, 20:42   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Isn't there a risk of air getting into the fuel system if we let the fuel tank empty out completely? I get paranoid if level drops below the 1/4 mark, so always fill up near the 1/2 mark when on long trips in unfamiliar territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Isn't the tank capacity 70 litres as per the Owner's manual? If the tank is 20% full (2 bars lit) I expect the fuel in the tank to be anywhere between 14 and 7 litres, and if it takes more than 63 litres to fill the tank then I begin to suspect if the pump is cheating me. Is that a correct conclusion?
Well, DryIce. To answer your query first..there is a risk alright but if ur cruising on highway with a light foot, you are likely to extract a few more Kms. And mine wasnt by choice but complusion as i was travelling in a remote area . It just happened.

@ARAO: you may be right. even i fill up about 60-65 litres with last bar lit everytime. But i have seen multiple occassions of mine and others' xuv filling up 73-75 litres of fuel.
Old 28th December 2016, 20:45   #1753
BHPian

Does that mean for sure that we have been cheated in those instances?

Quote:
@ARAO: you may be right. even i fill up about 60-65 litres with last bar lit everytime. But i have seen multiple occassions of mine and others' xuv filling up 73-75 litres of fuel.
Old 28th December 2016, 21:00   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Does that mean for sure that we have been cheated in those instances?

IMHO i dont think so. I think mahindra may have pulled up a trick by expanding the tank capacity.

Opinions of the experts are awaited!

Last edited by ampere : 28th December 2016 at 22:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 29th December 2016, 10:41   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hi Folks:

So I have updated the new infotainment software on the NewAge XUV 500 today and it does look refreshing- indeed, a welcome step by Mahindra in this regard as part of a mass roll-out initiative from an 'optics' perspective

I am planning to get the software updated to version 6 on my new age XUV W8 (Oct 2015). I hope you are not facing bugs or issues.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 29th December 2016 at 11:23. Reason: Please see inline

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks