Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2016, 06:20   #1666
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hi all,

I got XUV W10 AWD AT on 4th Sep. In the new vehicle I had minor paint finish / scratch issues which I will cover in ownership thread.

I took car on a trip yesterday from Blore to Kapppad Kerala and faced issue with cruise control once where I was not able to start it even after multiple tries. I stopped car and restarted the engine once post which I didn't face issue with starting cruise control. Need to understand from others what could have caused it but looks to be software issue. Thanks, Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 11:43   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Hi all,

I got XUV W10 AWD AT on 4th Sep. In the new vehicle I had minor paint finish / scratch issues which I will cover in ownership thread.

I took car on a trip yesterday from Blore to Kapppad Kerala and faced issue with cruise control once where I was not able to start it even after multiple tries. I stopped car and restarted the engine once post which I didn't face issue with starting cruise control. Need to understand from others what could have caused it but looks to be software issue. Thanks, Sanjeev
Dear SanjeevKalra,

First - congrats on your new car! I hope you have many many happy miles on it!

Regarding the cruise control - I have just bought a Scorpio AT. I expect to get the number in the next few days.
I was studying the cruise control in the soft copy of the users manual. A good Samaritian on TBHP - comfortablynumb - shared the following file: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4047654.

I am assuming that the cruise control of the XUV and Scorpio would be similar. Apparently, there is a feature: in certain conditions, in a ignition-to-next ignition cycle, if you put off the cruise control, then you cannot restart it till the next ignition cycle. So, it looks like this is not a bug but a feature.

Maybe you can download the XUV user manual and read it OR read the book given with you car and check out!

Since I am not an expert on this, I am open to corrections from the experts.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 11th September 2016 at 11:44. Reason: Mods: this got uploaded twice - please delete one
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 13:20   #1668
BHPian

Hi all...Just completed 7500 kms on my beast. Went to chitrakoot last week. Roads were pretty bad and non existent. Seems the battery connecting knob came loose as I got battery warning indicator light on on 3 occassions and the XUV seems like it restarted. In fact I think it had restarted. Punched it back in and all seems ok. It took the beating on the unpaved road pretty well and came back without any major noises as of now.

Regarding the issue with the cruise control, I too faced the issue initially then realised that there is a way of switching on the CC and putting it off. Now i do it properly and am able to switch it on and off multiple times between ignitions.

Last edited by Eddy : 13th September 2016 at 22:48. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 11th September 2016, 13:30   #1669
BHPian

Thanks Gaurav for the link. Let me read manual also for cruise control feature. Congrats to you also on the new vehicle.

I need to give some more time to learn more about the vehicle. It's my first ever trip on Xuv.

Over next few days I assume to learn a lot from all members and the vehicle itself. AT itself is something I have never used which is taking time in itself. But I must say the engine is quite powerful. Though Mahindra fit and finish I'm not impressed as new vehicle had three places where paint had scratch or small rust due to paint chip near bonut. Mahindra team is expected to visit my home next week to look at it and fix it by taking the vehicle.
Old 11th September 2016, 14:19   #1670
BHPian

How do you guys top u air in the spare wheel? Lower it at the pump itself (my pump is quite crowded, so am sure I will not win any friends) or lower it completely and put it in the dicky? Or tip the chap and make him get under the car?
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 14:48   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi all...Just completed 7500 kms on my beast. Went to chitrakoot last week. Roads were pretty bad and non existent. Seems the battery connecting knob came loose as I got battery warning indicator light on on 3 occassions and the XUV seems like it restarted. In fact I think it had restarted. Punched it back in and all seems ok. It took the beating on the unpaved road pretty well and came back without any major noises as of now.
A bit off topic here and the fact that I was unable to drop you a PM and since you mentioned the place Chitrakoot in your post. I am planning a Bangalore - Varanasi drive next month and have heard the roads between katni and Varanasi are in really bad shape. Let me know if you would have any inputs on the route I plan to take.

You could drop me a PM to prevent hijacking of this thread.
Old 15th September 2016, 11:09   #1672
BHPian

Hi all, in my new XUV 500 headlights I see condensation / moisture when the vehicle is taken in rain or sent for washing. Does it need headlight replacement from Mahindra or is there an alternate way to fix the issue. Has anyone else also seen the same. Thanks, Sanjeev
Old 15th September 2016, 12:52   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, in my new XUV 500 headlights I see condensation / moisture when the vehicle is taken in rain or sent for washing. Does it need headlight replacement from Mahindra or is there an alternate way to fix the issue. Has anyone else also seen the same. Thanks, Sanjeev
Its common but it should be little, Not a lot which would affect the headlight range in the night, Also it should go off automatically after sometime after the rain has stopped, Happens with my jetta too.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 13:26   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
How do you guys top u air in the spare wheel?
Ya, its tricky especially if the place you visit is crowded.

What I do is, take out the plastic cap kept above the spare wheel lowering nut.
Keep the lowering spanner outside the cover so as to access it fast.
Go to petrol pump when it is least crowded.
Lower the spare wheel while the remaining 4 wheels are getting filled.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 13:39   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Lower the spare wheel while the remaining 4 wheels are getting filled.
I usually follow the attendant and keep an eye on the air valve caps. Lost too many of them due the attendant not fitting them back, or not tightening them enough.

I finally ordered a pack of 100 air valve caps from aliexpress, as I have two cars and two 2 wheelers. Unfortunately that packet never arrived. Found a shop @ JC road that sells them in bulk- Rs. 150 for a sealed packet of 1000 air valve caps! Purchased one packet, kept it in a drawer at home. Wife reorganized the drawers and now I cant find the packet inspite of searching all over the house
Old 15th September 2016, 14:13   #1676
BHPian

Hello Bhpians, based on so many recent complaints of XUV5OO Gizmos malfunctioning especially on the W8 and W10 variants, is it a sensible decision to go for W6 AMT variant? I heard that there are many other features missing in the W6. Would it still be a VFM rather than living with additional niggles or W10 would be the ideal choice? Please advise
Old 15th September 2016, 14:36   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Hello Bhpians, based on so many recent complaints of XUV5OO Gizmos malfunctioning especially on the W8 and W10 variants, is it a sensible decision to go for W6 AMT variant? I heard that there are many other features missing in the W6. Would it still be a VFM rather than living with additional niggles or W10 would be the ideal choice? Please advise
I have a W8 AWD MT. Six months and 6000 kms later, I have no gizmo failing... yet. The usual problems of poor fit & finish and a squeak or two are there. But everything else functions fine (touchwood). I did get the AWD error light twice in the initial 2 months, but nothing in the last 4 months.

One thing that you would want to think about is the difference in safety features between a W6 and a W8/W10 and then decide what is important to you.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 18:32   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
If it helps, I have a w10 awd which is now 13 months old and has done 47500 kms.I have done a 10000km kanyakumari to ladakh drive as well. No issues so far except for some rattles due to plastic quality.
S5157 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 01:53   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the earlier generation W8 with me for the last 18 months. No niggles so far. I think most of the issues were sorted out after 2014 so you dont need to be over worried about it. Few may pop up but will get addressed.

Quote:
Hi all,

Not sure if this was the case, but once you apply Cruise control you cannot change the speed using the + button beyond 10kmph. It will disable the CC and will require an ignition cycle to get enabled. Its by design. I am watchful of this and never really have faced any issue otherwise.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 14:07   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUVwanderer View Post
Even I use One Plus 3 and face no issues with Calls or Audio stream over Bluetooth. Mine is a W6 2015 Dec edition. Check with the service guys on your next visit.
Have you been able to solve it? Lot of people have reported similar issues. A few posts back, i made a suggestion to a fellow BHPian to use an app and see if it gets better, he also had a OP3.

Quote:
3. Left side window used to rattle, only in the afternoons (on my return journey from office), and only when the vehicle was on idle.
Resolution: Something has been fixed (motor adjustment). No more rattling while driving. However, at times I detect a minor window rattle while driving.

Not only this, there is an occasional vibration on glass window when clutch is released in a lower gear. Is this normal? A function of turbo? First diesel, and first turbo hence this question? Even when I go at a slow pace over a speed-breaker or a rough patch there is this "dhad dhad" noise from the front cabin. And yet i see photos of XUV500s doing off-roading. Do i have to ignore the noise?
In my experience, the left side window rattle could be due to one of two reasons:
- resonance from the gear: at around 40kmph on 4th gear, there is a sort of vibration that emanates from the gear box and makes the windows rattle. some others have reported this too. Infact, i remember reading a DIY solution - open up the panels between the two front seats, and apply silicone grease on the gear shift slots.
- it could also be the clanking of the window assembly. this again has been reported. this usually comes when going over speed breakers etc.

Regarding the dhad dhad from the cabin, again - this one could be either due to the gas struts from near the axel or, like i discovered, due to the plastic covering the cavity over the tyres (if you just hit the plastic with hand, you may realize its a similar sound).

Btw - how did it go for you after this? did you manage to sort out the stuff or escalate to M&M?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Hi to all the owners of XUV, i would like to know that how is the new 1.99 litre engine in the XUV? Does it have the same 2.2 or has it become a similar story to VW's 1.5 litre tdi?Since nobody has posted anything abiut the new engine, i wanted some information because my friend is going to book a red W10 this Sunday. Thanks.
Buddy, absolutely no issues with the 1.99. I have a 1.99L W10 FWD MT, and absolutely love it. I have driven the 2L version as well. Couldnt tell the difference. You must have read already that M&M has chosen to continue selling only the 1.99L in NCR despite the ban being lifted.

Quote:
How do you guys top u air in the spare wheel? Lower it at the pump itself (my pump is quite crowded, so am sure I will not win any friends) or lower it completely and put it in the dicky? Or tip the chap and make him get under the car?
Thanks for asking this mate. Even my XUV's spare tyre suddenly developed a case of low pressure. I have been driving around for almost a month now in this state and with the warning constantly coming up on starting up the car. This is obviously out of sheer laziness. But after reading some ideas i have got the motivation to go to the pump and get it filled up.
Though importantly, i dont know why the spare suddenly lost pressure (i was in the hills, driving around, and the warning had come up suddenly).
Secondly, am i accurate in notiing that the blue sense app on android doesnt report the PSI if its marked 'low'? i mean i would like to know how low it is...but it doesnt show

Quote:
Dude, just go for the best version you can afford. forget about the nags, you will learn to live with them and eventually love them :-)
piyush1.a is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks