Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 15:01   #1561
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Its covered no worries, Get it changed.

Also people who have got their New age XUV's in 2015 can anyone please confirm if you guys have updated your infotainment system software to the latest one which has all the animations of the XUV?
Tanveer didn't u see my infotainment yesterday with the updated software.
The scrolling of songs has become better.
Some graphics improved here and there .
TPMS now shows exact air pressure on IPhone new age blu sense app.
(most important one)
Old 27th June 2016, 16:06   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Tanveer didn't u see my infotainment yesterday with the updated software.
The scrolling of songs has become better.
Some graphics improved here and there .
TPMS now shows exact air pressure on IPhone new age blu sense app.
(most important one)
Unfortunately i dint, Which service centre did you get yours updated from? Reay road workshop just did not want to upgrade mine it seems.
Old 27th June 2016, 17:04   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately i dint, Which service centre did you get yours updated from? Reay road workshop just did not want to upgrade mine it seems.
Infotainment upgrade was done at G3 during the 3 day visit for suspension noises and windscreen fluid issues. Remember my rant on whatsapp group for a 3 day lay off due to such issues on a new car.?
Old 27th June 2016, 17:54   #1564
BHPian

The sunroof issue arises again!! The sunroof refuses to open in a single-go. Will have to fiddle with the switch multiple times for it to open. Got the channels greased just a week ago but in vain. Planning to visit the service center over the weekend and get it rectified. Closing is not an issue, It works fine. Anyone facing a similar problem? Thanks.
Old 27th June 2016, 18:32   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Infotainment upgrade was done at G3 during the 3 day visit for suspension noises and windscreen fluid issues. Remember my rant on whatsapp group for a 3 day lay off due to such issues on a new car.?
What kind of suspension noises are you getting, and what did the service center do. Asking as my new XUV also had windscreen fluid issues, that was resolved. I get a metallic "Cheun cheun" noise (as if two metal pieces are rubbing together). This noise comes from the rear when the vehicle goes over a rough patch. The service center blames it on the middle seat not being locked properly, and greased it. Unfortunately the noise appeared within 3 days, so I think that the issue is elsewhere.
Old 27th June 2016, 18:53   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes! Probably would have to visit G3 now to get the system updated, There are several bugs in the current version of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
The sunroof issue arises again!! The sunroof refuses to open in a single-go. Will have to fiddle with the switch multiple times for it to open. Got the channels greased just a week ago but in vain. Planning to visit the service center over the weekend and get it rectified. Closing is not an issue, It works fine. Anyone facing a similar problem? Thanks.
Thats weird, 13 months in for the car, No issues with the sunroof at all, Even now when there are heavy rains here in Mumbai, Get it checked properly and escalate the issue to a hire level via customer as well so that they will pay attention to it while fixing the issue.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 19:15   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
The sunroof issue arises again!! The sunroof refuses to open in a single-go. Will have to fiddle with the switch multiple times for it to open. Got the channels greased just a week ago but in vain. Planning to visit the service center over the weekend and get it rectified.
I would suggest try using silicone spray in the channels.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 23:17   #1568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post

If he greased it already spray won't work either, The mechanism somewhere is getting stuck and hence he has to press it several times for it to work..
Old 27th June 2016, 23:33   #1569
BHPian

Quote:

Thats weird, 13 months in for the car, No issues with the sunroof at all, Even now when there are heavy rains here in Mumbai, Get it checked properly and escalate the issue to a hire level via customer as well so that they will pay attention to it while fixing the issue.
Thanks for the prompt response Tanveer. Yes, Am looking out for the best mechanic across the M&M dealers in Bangalore who can carry out this task as it would be relatively new for them to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Thanks Rahul, But the channels seem to work just fine as there isn't any issue with the sliding of the roof across the channels. After some research on the net, i can fairly say that the motor is fine but the problem may be with the cable. Will get it checked on Saturday.
Old 28th June 2016, 00:15   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt response Tanveer. Yes, Am looking out for the best mechanic across the M&M dealers in Bangalore who can carry out this task as it would be relatively new for them to work on. .
Be there present at the workshop when they are checking it, There should be some issue with the mechanism somewhere which is blocking the flow of the sunroof to open hence you need to give it a few tries for it to work, Open and close it several times after they have done it to make sure it isn't happening again, Another friend with the W10 isn't having any issue with the sunroof since a year.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 14:12   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishr View Post
I took the delivery from service center today and i noticed vehicle is being pulled to left side again if i leave steering free. Now i haven't checked on variuos parameters like air pressure but i wanted to check with other xuv owners here if they faced same issue anytime and solution? Is this normal?
Earlier generation XUV always had a left pulling issue. I dont know if it has changed with the newer model but given that its same mechanicals, chances are high it persists. I had reported this during my 2nd service and service center claimed it was fixed along with tire rotation, but i found it worse. When i visited A.S.S again, they checked and confirmed that alignment was ok but could be tire issue. So they swapped the front tires and it became perfect. Not sure if this is the right soln, but I am happy as steering is neutral now like my other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Guys, I reckon it's high time I sell this tin car what they call the XUV 500- this vehicle sits in the workshop most of the time rather than at my place, and the best part is that it's not even been an year of my purchase. New issues keep cropping up now and then- water seepage/2nd row seat cant fold/infotainment issues/ sunroof problems/sub-optimal wipers etc
I should've NEVER sold away the Bimmer is now what I feel !
Coming from a Beemer, no way in hell you will ever be satisifed with XUV given the interior build quality. I have a prev gen XUV W8 bought in mar 15, so its relatively stable with all niggles fixed. I have not see any of the issues that you mentioned. But given you have new gen its possible that new features like ICE, sun roof may show up niggles. Mahindra does have some evolution cycle for new things.
supertinu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 14:05   #1572
BHPian

Team I am taking the delivery of a w4 on Sunday, dates are not explicitly mentioned on the JK tyres which is a cause of concern. Please let me know anything in particular that I need to check while taking the delivery.
Old 30th June 2016, 14:07   #1573
Senior - BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Team I am taking the delivery of a w4 on Sunday, dates are not explicitly mentioned on the JK tyres which is a cause of concern. Please let me know anything in particular that I need to check while taking the delivery.

Have you done the PDI? If anything you spot wrong during the delivery day it will just spoil your day up and nothing else could be done.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 30th June 2016 at 14:16.
Old 30th June 2016, 14:18   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Have you done the PDI? If anything you spot wrong during the delivery day it will just spoil your day up and nothing else could be done.
I have checked the body line, odo reading and the equipment. All seems to be in working condition. Am I missing anything major ?
Old 30th June 2016, 15:46   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
I have checked the body line, odo reading and the equipment. All seems to be in working condition. Am I missing anything major ?
Then it should be all good, Don't worry much and get that beast home on sunday, Do share some pictures here then once you get it, All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks