Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 19:24   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Yes guys, Its confirmed, AWD lamp only lit's up on the instrument cluster is the AWD is malfunctioning, Only the AWD lock button lit's up, Have tried driving at speeds above 100 kph with the AWD button activated and it does not disengage. At times i have felt a very very slight kick from the rear wheels it seems while activating the AWD lock button while the car is in motion, Can anyone else confirm this? More AWD capabilities will be explored soon once the rain starts pouring in.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 20:16   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
A few tubelights in the basement parking were not working and I noticed the reflections.

1. The twin dials of the ODO are reflected on the top of the windscreen and also the drivers side window- fortunately they are not too distracting, and I feel that we can block those out mentally.

2. The infotainment system was also reflecting on the top of the windscreen- towards the right of the IVRM! This inspite of the cowl being introduced in the refresh model to address this issue.

Mahindra has a long way to go in the fit and finish department. My glove box edge actually protrudes out (the upper compartment) towards the non-drivers end. I used to think that it is a part of the design, and then later realized that it was misaligned. Goes in, when you press hard, but comes out again once you open and close the lid. The service center tried aligning it, but without success.
Hii ajay glad you could notice the reflection I was referring too and in this case you found another reflection. The only problem now is its difficult to ignore once you have Spotted the exact location I along with Tanveer actually it was tanveer mostly found so many minor niggles in the PDI itself including the protruding glove box though all of them were rectified prior delivery. Mahindra has to work harder on QC.
Old 25th May 2016, 23:11   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
I along with Tanveer actually it was tanveer mostly found so many minor niggles in the PDI itself including the protruding glove box though all of them were rectified prior delivery. Mahindra has to work harder on QC.
Infact, One of my friend had found so many niggles in his XUV during PDI, He asked the dealer to swap his car for another one, I remember him telling me, The LED's were already knocked off, Along with the 3rd row seat jammed etc.

An advice for anyone getting the XUV 500, A proper PDI is must.
Old 26th May 2016, 00:04   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Infact, One of my friend had found so many niggles in his XUV during PDI, He asked the dealer to swap his car for another one, I remember him telling me, The LED's were already knocked off, Along with the 3rd row seat jammed etc.

An advice for anyone getting the XUV 500, A proper PDI is must.
Yup totally agree and abirnale's detailed description / information list along with a keen eye like yours can truly ensure the PDI is done in a correct / precise manner so as to catch mahindra's deficiency if any
Old 26th May 2016, 10:17   #1445
BHPian

Entered the office car parking lot an hour back, and the AWD malfunction lights came on again. This is the second time this has happened in two months. Will see if it remains "on" when I leave for home in the evening. I had an outstation drive planned for this weekend, and I hope that this development does not scupper those plans.

I remember a time (with one of my previous employers), when the fire alarm would go off regularly, and they would announce that it was due to dust in the alarm system, and we should ignore the alarm and continue working.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 18:11   #1446
BHPian

Hi All,
Can someone throw some light on the squeaking noise from front & rear tires when brakes are applied?
Got the brake pads(and disk) cleaned thrice and still the sound persists.
Front brake pads were changed at ~20k Kms. Rear brake pads are "expected" to last another 3000 Kms
Current ODO stands at 27600 Kms.
Old 26th May 2016, 18:11   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Entered the office car parking lot an hour back, and the AWD malfunction lights came on again. This is the second time this has happened in two months. Will see if it remains "on" when I leave for home in the evening. I had an outstation drive planned for this weekend, and I hope that this development does not scupper those plans.

I remember a time (with one of my previous employers), when the fire alarm would go off regularly, and they would announce that it was due to dust in the alarm system, and we should ignore the alarm and continue working.
It has happened just once with me in my driving of 26,000 kms, And it happened while the car was cruising at around 60-70 kph on the highway in very dusty conditions, So i think it might be because of some sensor, A simple restart of the car fixed it, And i have never got it back again. Hope we don't get a permanent one ever.
Old 26th May 2016, 19:39   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
It has happened just once with me in my driving of 26,000 kms, And it happened while the car was cruising at around 60-70 kph on the highway in very dusty conditions, So i think it might be because of some sensor, A simple restart of the car fixed it, And i have never got it back again. Hope we don't get a permanent one ever.
I was at 20 at best as I was entering the parking lot. The light did not come on in my return journey. Am inclined to continue with my weekend plans for now, and look into this upon my return
Old 26th May 2016, 23:02   #1449
BHPian

Quote:

The problem with such faulty indications read malfunction lights is that if they start becoming too common the importance may be lost and we start taking them for granted. I've said it before I'm saying it again Mahindra has to get its act together and have much better QC checks. IMHO before leaving for a long drive wouldn't it be better to have it checked out just to be safe. Electrical/ electronic systems are famous for affecting different circuits with a start in problem with one of the electronic systems.
Old 27th May 2016, 23:53   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since the drive is too short for tyres to heat up, I'll suggest you to either get a tyre pressure gauge as an option to cross-check what is being displayed by the App is correct or no and at the same time, why not try filling air from another fuel station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I have observed this. It is due to the improper calibration at the petrol pump air filling side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
No two watches ever agree. So do the tyre pressure gauges.
So filled up air at another pump today morning, and checked on the bluesense app, immediately after leaving the pump. To my shock, the app showed psi at around 28- 29. Checked the front RHS tire right now, using my maruti branded pressure guage, and after a bit of a hiss sound (I never manage to put it such that I get the reading instantly), the guage read 30 psi. Switched on the ignition, fired on the app, and the app is showing 27.75! Topped up air a little, using my resqtech portable inflator.

Will be driving to Pondycherry tomorrow morning, and before I start my journey, will go to a Shell pump in my area and get the air filled again.

Planning to ignore looking at the tire pressure in the app. Hopefully the ók' in the tiretronics options in the infotainment should be sufficient.

All these sensors and electronics is only giving me OCD. My 2005 swift LXI was so simple, no tiretronics, no tachometer, no headache
Old 28th May 2016, 17:37   #1451

Quote:
Planning to ignore looking at the tire pressure in the app. Hopefully the ók' in the tiretronics options in the infotainment should be sufficient.
From what I have heard OK is shown till pressure drops below 24 psi.

Last edited by manson : 28th May 2016 at 18:41. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 28th May 2016, 18:06   #1452
BHPian

Guys. Need a heads up, if anyone has tried installing additional 12 V sockets on a W6/W4 which come with a single 12V socket in the front. Would want to try a DIY in a some time but any info would be welcome.
Old 28th May 2016, 23:50   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_iv View Post
From what I have heard OK is shown till pressure drops below 24 psi.
For me it always threw an error is the pressure dropped below 26 PSI, I checked the same a couple of times while deflating the tyres to fill in nitrogen.
Old 29th May 2016, 07:29   #1454

Quote:
For me it always threw an error is the pressure dropped below 26 PSI, I checked the same a couple of times while deflating the tyres to fill in nitrogen.

Thanks, that's what I was going to try next.
Old 29th May 2016, 08:49   #1455
BHPian

So, yesterday, stopped at a Shell bunk before driving to Pondicherry. To my shock, the at the pump showed 2 psi less for each tire. Filled 32 in each tire. felt bad about doubting the app.

Moved away from the pump, and checked the app again, and it showed 28- 29 for each tire! Decided to ignore, and reached a pitstop at Krishnamurti, some 90 kms away. Checked the app again and pressure was between 31.5- 33 in each tire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks