Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 19:59   #1786
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
I am about to book a new XUV500 and got quotes for it from the dealer (Anant Cars Bangalore), but the sales person is clueless about any new features in the 2017 Model. Is the new 2017 XUV500 model available yet and if yes, please can somebody post what are the new features over the last 2016 model ?

Regards
As of now, the rumoured additions are:

1. Intelli-Hybrid Technology
2. Ecosense telematics (New features like vehicle real-time tracking, wear and tear parts information etc.)
3. Android Auto
4. Mood lighting

I got a callback from Mahindra Regional Sales Head regarding the update on new features. As per him:

Right now it is the same car as 2016 model which will be shipping in these early days.

Introduction of these features will take a couple of months, and the Intelli-hybrid system is only for FWD manual version (I booked a W6 Automatic).

Points 2 and 3 are software updates and will be available for existing owners also via an update at dealers.

Mood lighting will be one feature which we may miss if we book and take the vehicle now. However, I feel the mood lighting will be offered in the top end W10 variant. Hence, I went ahead with the booking.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by madhav14 : 20th January 2017 at 20:02.
Old 20th January 2017, 20:37   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
As of now, the rumoured additions are:

2. Ecosense telematics (New features like vehicle real-time tracking, wear and tear parts information etc.)
3. Android Auto
4. Mood lighting

Points 2 and 3 are software updates and will be available for existing owners also via an update at dealers.

Mood lighting will be one feature which we may miss if we book and take the vehicle now. However, I feel the mood lighting will be offered in the top end W10 variant. Hence, I went ahead with the booking.

Hope this helps.
Interesting that #2 and #3 can be made available to existing owners. I was under the impression that #3 requires a different media HU itself. Not sure how #4 is different from lounge lighting available in W8 and W10. I have a W8 with lounge lighting, and frankly, its more of a gimmick (for me) than anything else.
Old 20th January 2017, 20:56   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Interesting that #2 and #3 can be made available to existing owners. I was under the impression that #3 requires a different media HU itself. Not sure how #4 is different from lounge lighting available in W8 and W10. I have a W8 with lounge lighting, and frankly, its more of a gimmick (for me) than anything else.
Yeah. Even I was under the same impression that it requires a separate HU. But, even GTO confirmed the same in some other thread quoting an authentic mail received from some one. We know that Mahindra is working on Android Auto from 2015, so hope they have already made the existing HUs ready to receive the update.

Regarding the mood lighting - The lounge lighting currently present in XUV (even on W6 variant) is of icy blue colour. But in mood lighting, you can change the colour of interior ambient lighting as per your mood. It'll be similar to what the new Tata Hexa and Endeavour are offering.
This is one feature I would miss if they offer on W6 variant

Something like the below picture.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-hqdefault.jpg  

Last edited by madhav14 : 20th January 2017 at 20:58.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:25   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 Sportz edition launched

Mahindra has launched the XUV500 Sportz edition in India. Based on the W10 trim, the Sportz edition is available with MT as well as AT variants. It comes with some cosmetic tweaks on the exteriors, while no specific changes have been made to the feature list. The XUV500 Sportz edition is available only with the 2.2-litre diesel variants, and thus won't be offered in Delhi and NCR.

The XUV500 Sportz edition comes with body decals on the bonnet, ORVM caps and lower door panels. Additionally, the roof rails, fog lamp garnish, brake callipers and door handles have been finished in a contrasting shade of red. It further gets a Sportz sticker placed on the tailgate and a Sportz badge on the C-pillar, dashboard and the key fob.

No mechanical changes have been made to the XUV500 Sportz edition as it continues to be powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk engine that churns out 138 BHP and 330 Nm of torque. It can be opted with either a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT gearbox. The Sportz edition will be available only with the FWD variants.

The aforementioned cosmetic tweaks translate to a price hike of Rs. 10,000 (ex-showroom, Mumbai), as compared to the standard model.
XUV500 Sportz edition prices (ex-showroom, Mumbai)

• XUV500 Sportz Edition MT - Rs. 16,52,940
• XUV500 Sportz Edition AT - Rs. 17,55,570

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-newmahindraxuv500sportzlimitededitionpressimage.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-2.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-1.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-newmahindraxuv500sportzlimitededitionroofrailpressimage.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 6th February 2017 at 13:27.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:41   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Mahindra XUV500 Sportz edition launched

Mahindra has launched the XUV500 Sportz edition in India. ...]
Seriously! Mahindra is charging a premium of Rs 10,000 for this! .

Mahindra needs to tone down its design language, not add stuff like this and expect people to see value in this. Atleast I do not. I thought Mahindra had finally started moving its design work in the right direction. The TUV and the 2016 XUV did not carry the traditional overly designed appearance we have come to see on Mahindras. However I guess the inner demon has to break out once in a while. .

No offence to anyone who may have liked the new decals.
Strangerintown is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 15:22   #1791
BHPian

These decals remind me of the NFS decals I did while I was a Kid
But I'm sure it was way better than these anyway

It's a common thing in Indian auto industry that only thing sporty in "Sports" variants is the "SportZ"Badge , And some stripes which improve the top speed by 50Kmph!!

Last edited by GTO : 8th February 2017 at 09:48. Reason: Typo
Asish_VK is online now   Received Infraction
Old 6th February 2017, 15:25   #1792
BHPian

Oh no, Not again!!!

Its just like those days when mom used to cook the same lauki sabji (bottle gourd curry) and just name it differently to fool me into eating it.

Whenever I hear "sports" version, the first thing that comes to mind is a meaner machine, then the realization strikes hard. Its a Mahindra.

Atleast make some changes to the features if not the mechanics. I think it will be better to call it XUV500 stickers rather than XUV 500 sports.
Old 6th February 2017, 15:26   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
And some stripes which improves the top speed by 50Kmph!!
I am sure it has something to do with the slipperiness of the stickers and their role in reducing the drag coefficient of the vehicle thus making it sporty .
Old 6th February 2017, 16:34   #1794
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra had some left over stickers from the 2014 Sportz edition

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...sportz-rs-1368
Kiterunner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 20:25   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiterunner View Post
Looks like Mahindra had some left over stickers from the 2014 Sportz edition

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...sportz-rs-1368
The New Age XUV was launched just after the so called sports limited edition was launched the last time, I feel a proper update to the model is coming soon, Anyone looking to buy a XUV soon, Please don't fall for this limited edition.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:35   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The New Age XUV was launched just after the so called sports limited edition was launched the last time, I feel a proper update to the model is coming soon, Anyone looking to buy a XUV soon, Please don't fall for this limited edition.
It was the Xclusive edition that was launched with sun roof before the facelift happened. The sportz edition had come a while back.
Old 7th February 2017, 15:43   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
It was the Xclusive edition that was launched with sun roof before the facelift happened. The sportz edition had come a while back.
What Tanveer mentioned is correct. There was a Sportz edition launched around May end 2014. That was the same time I had booked my XUV, sales guys were pushing me to take that since it had company fitted rear camera.

Along with that, few features I remember are -

Similar decals as to 2017 sportz edition.
Alloy wheel with red color inserts
Seats with fabric and leather combination.

You can find details here.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 16:14   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
What Tanveer mentioned is correct. There was a Sportz edition launched around May end 2014. That was the same time I had booked my XUV, sales guys were pushing me to take that since it had company fitted rear camera.

Along with that, few features I remember are -

Similar decals as to 2017 sportz edition.
Alloy wheel with red color inserts
Seats with fabric and leather combination.

You can find details here.

Your data is correct too, but my point was that the New Age XUV was launched Mid 2015. I had bought mine in March 2015. Thats when Mahindra had an Xclusive edition with sun roof etc selling at a premium of 1 lac over W8. Basically they were testing waters to see if higher priced W10 would sell well I presume. So the current sportz model doesnt mean there is a XUV facelift coming up. I could be wrong though.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 08:07   #1799
BHPian

Strange. All those sticker job should have added an additional 30 HP. The Sportz badge alone is worth 10 HP. Mahindra owes us an explanation!
Avikbrio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 09:44   #1800
Senior - BHPian

One thing they need to do quickly is to improve the feel of the interior, especially around dashboard. This is one area XUV is is way behind the Hexa.
IMO, just fixing the texture on the plastics will help quite a bit. Currently, it has weird long grain texture on the dashboard which makes to look very downmarket.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks