Old 26th January 2016, 13:08   #1036

http://m.carandbike.com/news/mahindr...o-2016-1269756
anishr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 12:43   #1037
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
We were being guided by Mr Mohan Das during the TD .
Hi Anurag,

I called up VVC Motors, spoke to Mr.Das and booked a longish test drive(10kms) of XUV500 W10 MT as well as Scorpio S10 MT. I am eagerly waiting for Sunday to hear the reviews of both the vehicles from my Dad who is a car enthusiast himself.

I hope when my parents reach there they do not make them wait for a long time saying TD vehicle is not available. I told him to reserve a slot or something and he just said to call him before coming to the showroom.

Thanks,
Rohit
rohit.joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 20:59   #1038
BHPian

My XUV is 7 months old with 31000 kms.

There was a complete clutch failure yesterday, the problem started when I was driving from Varanasi to Kolkata at night, luckily I could drive till Kolkata.

The problem was diagnosed to cylinder failure, and complete clutch assembly failure, with burnt spots on the flywheel.

Initially they asked me to pay for clutch assembly. But I asked them to get it changed under warranty.

Finally they would fix it under warranty. Delivery tomorrow.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 21:14   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Special thanks to Tanveerr_2558 who has been extremely instrumental, helpful and patient in my decision making process even when not knowing me personally. I also owe thanks to all the popular Xuv stalwarts here on teambhp.com whose ownership reviews has helped me to be mentally prepared on the various ownership niggles one needs to factor while buying a car.

I am glad my two cents helped you a bit, Also time to change your team-bhp display picture perhaps?

Also the movements on the bridge at the joints that you said, XUV does bump quite a bit specially if your over 80kph, My jetta on other hand, Handles it beautifully.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 15:56   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Congrats!
Thanks and yes , your ownership log has helped me a lot.
While changing to HIDs in the low beam , did you check with your RM if the warranty would still be intact ?
During my purchase i had asked my SA if i can get HIDs installed from outside and he told me it would void the warranty.
I might still get it done from outside as i have a very reliable and cheap source & don't want to pay Rs 10,000 to Mahindra for HIDs.
Have only been waiting to experience how inefficient is the existing 55w halogen setup through my own eyes (no significant night highway driving yet). Whatever little bit night driving i have done on dark Silvassa roads, i found the illumination very manageable.
Quote:
1 - Keep Tyre pressure 32 all for normal road, 33 for bumpy road.
Have rectified the pressure to 33psi -all 4 tires . The ride is slightly better now.
Quote:
2 - SUVs riding is different than sedans. XUV is slightly towards Sedan type. Different body style, different dynamics and handling is obvious. You will find that in other SUVs as well. But XUV much like a car, but NOT exactly a car!
Exactly my thoughts from 2 months of ownership now

Well to be honest my first preference was a 1.6 Alpha S Cross. But it wasn't to be due to some very ordinary attitude and cattle class overcrowded treatment from the NEXA-Navnit Motors -Andheri (w)
Overall, Happy to be away from a Maruti setup.
Mahindra experience on the other hand has been extremely welcoming and nice so far..
(No personal offence to any Maruti owners here. My individual Nexa experience might be 1 off case and not a norm at Maruti for sure.)
Quote:
3 - That must be gas struts. It is not at all abnormal. Should be ok. But if you had a thud that is associated with bumpy ride, you should check it once.
Don't think the noise needs to be checked yet . However XUV suspension tuning favors high speeds more & renders the low -medium speed ride a little bumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am glad my two cents helped you a bit, Also time to change your team-bhp display picture perhaps?
It surely did help a lot. Also if you can recollect my switch from 1.6 Alpha S cross to old gen April'15 Mfg Xuv and then finally to New Age Xuv.
I have surely landed with what i originally yearned for.
Old 31st January 2016, 17:39   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Rouf Rails Feasibility for XUV -

Out of curiosity, I reached out to Sun Decors in Coimbatore - http://www.roufrails.com/. Asked them if they can ship a rouf rail for XUV and what would be the cost. I received below information -

Not sure how are the other carriers costs but at first glance this looks costly. Anyone here had this fitted or insights about costs of other carriers?
The profile view looks elegant, but the website does not show how the cross-bars are arranged. I wanted to consider rouf rails as an option for fixing a kayak carrier but did not proceed further in the absence of details, and a dealer or installation in Bangalore where I can see the item.
Old 1st February 2016, 11:33   #1042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Thanks and yes , your ownership log has helped me a lot.
While changing to HIDs in the low beam , did you check with your RM if the warranty would still be intact ?
Thanks Madhu. Yes, the warranty would not be void. Everything is done to perfection, bar the shadows on the beam attributed to faulty bulb of HID kit. M&M are really very considerate about warranties etc. unless they suspect a foul, they are always willing to work with customer in customer's favour. I can't rule the chances of getting this HID in the way of warranty claims but that would only be limited to the lights. No cutting splicing wires so no other systems is getting affected anyway. So they are fine with it. Of course you wont get anything written or on paper like this by them

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
The profile view looks elegant, but the website does not show how the cross-bars are arranged. I wanted to consider rouf rails as an option for fixing a kayak carrier but did not proceed further in the absence of details, and a dealer or installation in Bangalore where I can see the item.
I actually reached out to them. They do not have many pictures. The person corresponding with me over email does not seem to understand English well. But the gist of the story, they are super costly. 25K a rack is just too much. they still do not have answer to how it will fit on W10 new gen version. When They answer and promise to sell below 17-18K, I will buy and post experience. Else this just remains as info for others. No dealers in Bangalore. They can ship countrywide and point to youtube videos on how to fit. Thats all.
Old 1st February 2016, 12:00   #1043
BHPian

Re rouf rails

Quote:
I actually reached out to them. They do not have many pictures. The person corresponding with me over email does not seem to understand English well. But the gist of the story, they are super costly. 25K a rack is just too much. they still do not have answer to how it will fit on W10 new gen version. When They answer and promise to sell below 17-18K, I will buy and post experience. Else this just remains as info for others. No dealers in Bangalore. They can ship countrywide and point to Youtube videos on how to fit. Thats all.
I have posted details of the kayak carrier that I have installed, here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3902069

Hope it helps
Old 1st February 2016, 12:06   #1044
BHPian

I currently own a 2007 SX4(M16A) and a 2012 Ford Figo(TDCI) and wanted to exchange my figo for a new car. I took a test drive from VVC, Hyderabad. The vehicle was a Silver XUV W10, MT. The car feels very plush when you sit inside it however, there were few concerns that i had and wanted to clarify if that was specific to that vehicle or thats how it works.
1. The gear shift of XUV was very Notchy. Whilt it did shift properly on all the gears, i really missed the feel of the shift. It felt too loose. I am comparing this with my 8 yr old SX4. Even ford is not as solid as SX4 but still felt better than XUV. I tried sitting in a new XUV and felt a similar feel as the test drive vehicle.
2. I heard several rattles from the dashboard. When asked, the sales guy who was with me during the TD told me that it is the sound of the blower. I was not convinced. Even my wife who usually ignores my OCD(For rattles in car) could clearly point that irritating rattle(though it was very feeble).
3. I also felt the engine noise to enter the cabin and engine to be a little rough(I must agree that the vehicle was due for 10000 Kms Service. It gave me a reminder when i started the vehicle about the service due). Considering all this, i do know that the engine should not feel so rough even if its approaching the service time line.

I use my vehicles for a long time. Like i told you, I have been using my SX4 for over 8 years(80000Kms) and it has been performing fantastically without any rattles, squeaks and issues with the engine or any other parts. Ford has been good too and i am looking at changing it only because i need a big car(6/7 Seater) and need only two cars at home. Would XUV stand the test of time if used extensively over the next 8/9 years. This is the single most point which is holding me from booking one.

I am eagerly waiting for the Innova too. I for sure know, it would fit my requirement in terms of Quality(No Nonsense if you service it on time), Seating(6/7 Seat option) and service network availability, however it lacks that SUV feel and you need to drive it more sedately.

It would greatly help me if folks here can share their experience on the concerns i have stated

Last edited by joelchandra : 1st February 2016 at 12:11. Reason: To eliminate typo
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:12   #1045
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Planning to purchase an XUV500 sometime in Feb-end or early March. Plan to drive to Goa from Bangalore, in the last week of March, so hoping to get the vehicle before that, and get comfortable in handling it.

I looked at the quotes that dealers are providing online, and I see the following:

Sireesh Auto: 19,06,436- no extended warranty. They also have handling charges of 7K

Anant cars: 19,48,830 - includes extended warranty of 22,850. Anant has no "handling charges" but the RTO component is ~3k higher, as the ex-showroom price is higher

India Garage: 19,26,679. Handling charges are lumped under "RTO". Price does not include extended warranty.

Is there one dealer who is preferred over other? For instance, does Sireesh quote a low price and does not bargain, and Anath builds a buffer for bargaining? Asking as my negotiation skills are rather poor :(

I stay in JP Nagar 6th phase on Kanakpura Main Road, and while Ananth is conveniently located, Sireesh has a workshop within walking distance (opp Sindhoor marriage hall). Any idea how good this workshop is? Should this even be a criteria for selecting a dealer- my swift has been serviced by different dealers- though i went to the dealer from whom I purchased the car, for the first 3 services.

Thanks,
Ajay

Last edited by ajayclicks : 2nd February 2016 at 11:14.
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:33   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Planning to purchase an XUV500 sometime in Feb-end or early March.
I stay in JP Nagar 6th phase on Kanakpura Main Road, and while Ananth is conveniently located, Sireesh has a workshop within walking distance (opp Sindhoor marriage hall). Any idea how good this workshop is?
Ajay, no dealers should have the handling charges, period. Ask them explicitly to waive it off. They will build cushion in other components like insurance, RTO charges etc. Offer to do insurance yourself. Should not be more than 40K approx. RTO charges etc can be negotiated.

The Sireesh garage near to your place is good for simple services. The XUV is better serviced in Singsandra for me. More competent RMs and SAs there. the place near to your place is ok for occassional servicing like the second service. But for first, third and thereafter I would go to Singasandra only.
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:29   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, no dealers should have the handling charges, period. Ask them explicitly to waive it off. They will build cushion in other components like insurance, RTO charges etc. Offer to do insurance yourself. Should not be more than 40K approx. RTO charges etc can be negotiated.

The Sireesh garage near to your place is good for simple services. The XUV is better serviced in Singsandra for me. More competent RMs and SAs there. the place near to your place is ok for occassional servicing like the second service. But for first, third and thereafter I would go to Singasandra only.
Thanks Avinash.

I plan to negotiate, and get a break up of costs. Will negotiate further on handling charges, once all the discounts are given. If I go ahead with Sireesh, will use this place near my house for small jobs (like tightening a screw to fix a rattle etc.) As service intervals are not much, I can go to electronic city once in a way. I am of-course keeping my fingers crossed that it will be an occasional niggle, and nothing more

I looked up policy bazaar, while I am getting quotes for 40K (with zero depreciation), the IDV is around 13 lacs (New India). Bajaj Allianz is quoting 60K for IDV of 15 lacs and zero dep. Will get details from the dealer as well- like IDV, bumper to bumper etc. and then compare.

Cheers,
Ajay

Last edited by ajayclicks : 2nd February 2016 at 12:31.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 23:09   #1048
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Satish Sundar for sharing the following information!

Quote:
I booked an XUV500 W4, opulent purple on Jan 15th at India Garage, Chennai.

Even after 2 weeks, there was no allotment of vehicle. Today, the sales rep called up and informed me that W4 might take a little longer to be delivered as they have upgraded the single LCD display to a 6" Monochrome Infotainment system! What's more, the W6 gets a 7" colour display with GPS!

Their website is also updated with the same http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/compar...?id=comp_model

Now, one more reason to choose W4!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 09:05   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Satish Sundar for sharing the following information!
The website shows that -
  • W4 & W6 gets 15 cm (6") monochrome infotainment display with USB, bluetooth audio, hands free call & ipod connectivity Integrated music system with CD (MP3)
  • W8 & W10 gets 18cm (7") colour touch screen infotainment display with GPS, USB (audio / video), Bluetooth audio, handsfree call, ipod connectivity & picture viewer, configurable wall paper
So only the W4 has been upgraded to the monochrome infotainment, W6 remains the same.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:56   #1050
BHPian

This is quite an inviting move. Now the features gap between have reduced further. Someone on a tight budget can surely look at W4 now (Though W6 seems to be the sweetest option).

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
I currently own a 2007 SX4(M16A) and a 2012 Ford Figo(TDCI) and wanted to exchange my figo for a new car. I took a test drive from VVC, Hyderabad. The vehicle was a Silver XUV W10, MT. The car feels very plush when you sit inside it however, there were few concerns that i had and wanted to clarify if that was specific to that vehicle or thats how it works.
1. The gear shift of XUV was very Notchy. Whilt it did shift properly on all the gears, i really missed the feel of the shift. It felt too loose. I am comparing this with my 8 yr old SX4. Even ford is not as solid as SX4 but still felt better than XUV. I tried sitting in a new XUV and felt a similar feel as the test drive vehicle.
2. I heard several rattles from the dashboard. When asked, the sales guy who was with me during the TD told me that it is the sound of the blower. I was not convinced. Even my wife who usually ignores my OCD(For rattles in car) could clearly point that irritating rattle(though it was very feeble).
3. I also felt the engine noise to enter the cabin and engine to be a little rough(I must agree that the vehicle was due for 10000 Kms Service. It gave me a reminder when i started the vehicle about the service due). Considering all this, i do know that the engine should not feel so rough even if its approaching the service time line.

I use my vehicles for a long time. Like i told you, I have been using my SX4 for over 8 years(80000Kms) and it has been performing fantastically without any rattles, squeaks and issues with the engine or any other parts. Ford has been good too and i am looking at changing it only because i need a big car(6/7 Seater) and need only two cars at home. Would XUV stand the test of time if used extensively over the next 8/9 years. This is the single most point which is holding me from booking one.

I am eagerly waiting for the Innova too. I for sure know, it would fit my requirement in terms of Quality(No Nonsense if you service it on time), Seating(6/7 Seat option) and service network availability, however it lacks that SUV feel and you need to drive it more sedately.

It would greatly help me if folks here can share their experience on the concerns i have stated

I asked a query about the reliability of XUV over a period of 9-10yrs ownership. Can someone help me on this.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd February 2016 at 15:49. Reason: Typo (quiet>quite).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks