Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2016, 16:40   #1171
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
This is getting crazier.
Jacob - just take a screen shot of your vehicle's infotainment H/w and S/W version and share here. Meanwhile I will show you the proof of it to be working on my W10
Old 24th March 2016, 17:43   #1172
BHPian

It works for me. I have the W8. There is no "app" in the infotainment screen. However, I have downloaded the app for new age XUV from google playstore (I have an android phone). When I pair my phone to the car (via bluetooth), the app installed on my phone is able to read car information. It tells me the individual tyre pressure, distance to empty, outside temperature etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Ok thanks- so does the Mahindra BlueSense app work for you now? I don't reckon so as the app has been disabled/removed on all W10s- quite bemused by your initial statement where you said it works perfectly through the Android device.
Cheers
Ajay
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 18:03   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
on the home screen I clicked on the App, it gave an Error message saying "App Disabled"
This is unimplemented feature. This will extend your phone's compatible applications onto the infotainment. For example, the twitter feed from your phone can be sent to your infotainment unit and so on. This App has nothing to do with BlueSense App. There is similar button called as App on the centre waterfall console as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
It works for me. I have the W8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Meanwhile I will show you the proof of it to be working on my W10
This is for purely BlueSense App we are talking here. See pictures and narrations below -

My W10 can connect with my android as well as iPhone. But for BlueSense app works only on Android as I explained earlier. So here is the current setting for Moto Android device to run BlueSense App -
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_000.jpeg

Before I show you the BlueSense App in working - note the current infotainment firmware versions - You can get this by pressing Settings and Mute button from the centre waterfall console together for 10 seconds.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_001.jpeg
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_002.jpeg

And this is how my home screen looks like -
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_003.jpeg

And some more screens below of the BlueSense App home screen and glimpse of various data shown in there -
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_004.jpeg
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_005.jpeg
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-file_006.jpeg

Hope these things help clarify the questions many have!
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 19:37   #1174
BHPian

Quote:

W8
Attachment 1483708

Old vs New
  • What the W8 gets post revision is Logo-projection on the ORVM's.

• Push- start button

• Passive Keyless entry system

• Voice messaging system.
Not sure if i'm understanding this right but please correct me if I'm worng.

1.) With w8 variant now having button stop/start, whats the need for an illuminated kye ring? Shouldn't there be no key ring at all? like in w10.

2.) If it has button stop/start and keyless entry, shouldn't the key be a smart key for w8? The screenshot mentions that its a flip key with remote central locking but not a smart key. Not sure how keyless entry would work without a smart key.
Old 24th March 2016, 21:32   #1175
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Just a quick question, I am travelling abroad for 3-4 months and I would not be using my new age XUV for that period. Is it ok to keep the vehicle idle for this much period?
Old 25th March 2016, 06:15   #1176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post

Not sure if i'm understanding this right but please correct me if I'm worng.

1.) With w8 variant now having button stop/start, whats the need for an illuminated kye ring? Shouldn't there be no key ring at all? like in w10.
I agree buddy. But when I did the comparo, I used the brochure and comparison of models from XUV website itself. Have a look here:

Name:  ForumRunner_20160325_061519.png
Views: 2163
Size:  61.9 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hello Guys,

Just a quick question, I am travelling abroad for 3-4 months and I would not be using my new age XUV for that period. Is it ok to keep the vehicle idle for this much period?
There is a thread on long term parking Do's and Don't. Do go through it.

For easy reference, keep the tyre pressures high by 4 to 5 psi and do keep more than half tank diesel. If possible get someone to start and idle for a while in your absence.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th March 2016 at 14:42. Reason: As requested
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 16:01   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This is unimplemented feature. This will extend your phone's compatible applications onto the infotainment. For example, the twitter feed from your phone can be sent to your infotainment unit and so on. This App has nothing to do with BlueSense App. There is similar button called as App on the centre waterfall console as well.

This is for purely BlueSense App we are talking here. See pictures and narrations below -

My W10 can connect with my android as well as iPhone. But for BlueSense app works only on Android as I explained earlier. So here is the current setting for Moto Android device to run BlueSense App -
Attachment 1490008

Before I show you the BlueSense App in working - note the current infotainment firmware versions - You can get this by pressing Settings and Mute button from the centre waterfall console together for 10 seconds.
Attachment 1490009
Attachment 1490010

And this is how my home screen looks like -
Attachment 1490011

And some more screens below of the BlueSense App home screen and glimpse of various data shown in there -
Attachment 1490012
Attachment 1490013
Attachment 1490014

Hope these things help clarify the questions many have!
Hi abirnale:

Thanks much for the detailed pictorial explanation- I sorely needed them. It works now perfectly from my wife's Android device (not on the iPhone as you rightly said). Got to see the exact tire pressure and it did need calibration.
The best part is I called the service advisor in Trivandrum who was flabbergasted that it worked ! Thanks a ton brother once again.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 20:29   #1178
BHPian

I finally took delivery of my W6 few days back.
I took the W6 with the older infotainment system as I actually prefer that to the touch screen ones and am very happy with the choice (not to mention a few freebies I got).
Hope to go on my first long trip next week. Let me see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I test drove two different XUVs and found the high beams not properly focused. Even in their lowest position, the beams were not falling on the road, they were going parallel to the road and even lit up the tree tops on the road side. High beams' throw is an important reason for considering XUV and I was disappointed. Whereas in case of other SUVs I drove (Fortuner and Safari Storme), the high beams were perfectly angled down to the road and they lit up the road nicely.

Are others facing the issue? I thought it could be an one-off problem with the test drive vehicle, but found the same problem in another XUV with another dealership. Can the high beams be focused to correct their throw? I asked the sales guy to check with the service advisor and call me back, but no response.
Voyager, I am facing the same issue. I did not notice this in the test car but in my new W6 the headlamp seems to be focused on the tree tops. The throw sort of travels up rather than down. I plan to to take to the service center in the next few days to check. If you do have an update on this do post.
srivibhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 20:57   #1179
BHPian

Thanks Anurag. I am following these steps, just wondering if some steps are different for Diesel Engine.
Old 25th March 2016, 21:35   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
Voyager, I am facing the same issue. I did not notice this in the test car but in my new W6 the headlamp seems to be focused on the tree tops. The throw sort of travels up rather than down. I plan to to take to the service center in the next few days to check. If you do have an update on this do post.
I feel people facing this issue only in new gen Xuv, didnt heard anyone complaining the same for the older ones. Even me completely satisfied with the high beam in my previous gen W6 in fact I find it quite strong and a good long throw.
Old 25th March 2016, 22:56   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
I agree buddy. But when I did the comparo, I used the brochure and comparison of models from XUV website itself. Have a look here:
Yes, I checked the website as well before posting that query. Saw the same entries there, so was just puzzled and didn't know how exactly things would work in this setup, hence enquired. Guess someone who's bought the latest w8 would be the best person to clarify our doubts. I'm really curious to know. Anyways, thanks a lot.
Old 26th March 2016, 05:30   #1182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post

Yes, I checked the website as well before posting that query. Saw the same entries there, so was just puzzled and didn't know how exactly things would work in this setup, hence enquired.
It is an error actually. I should have checked it myself. Apologies.

W8 doesn't get passive keyless entry system. It is regular flip key type with an ignition hole.

Check a few pages back, I had done PDI for a BHPian friend who bought a W8.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 08:01   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
I finally took delivery of my W6 few days back.
I took the W6 with the older infotainment system as I actually prefer that to the touch screen ones and am very happy with the choice (not to mention a few freebies I got).
Hope to go on my first long trip next week. Let me see how it feels.

Congratulations! Here's wishing you many many kilometers of joyful driving.

I will, hopefully, be taking the delivery of my W6 in about 10 days time. What accessories did you go for? Dealer or after market? I will be getting at-least the alloy wheels and the fog lights. Any suggestions?
Old 28th March 2016, 00:26   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
Congratulations! Here's wishing you many many kilometers of joyful driving.

I will, hopefully, be taking the delivery of my W6 in about 10 days time. What accessories did you go for? Dealer or after market? I will be getting at-least the alloy wheels and the fog lights. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
I got all dealer accessories based from feedback in this group and pricing also seemed reasonable.
I got most of the stuff
Fog lamps
Seat covers
Rain Visior for windows
Back bumper
Side trims (those small strips on the side)
Scruff plates (on second thought I should have got illuminated scruff plates)
Magnetic window shades
Also got mobile holder and phone charger

Did not get the side foot rest/access plates as they reduce the clearance of the car by a couple of inches at least. Anyway getting in is not too difficult in this.

Also I am used to not looking at the rear camera so did not get a rear camera, also the additional screen is an irritant for me.(i guess if you are taking the W6 now you should have the new infotainment system so I THINK camera should be included?)

I will get a carrier for the next long trip I guess.
Old 28th March 2016, 01:53   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Need unbiased advice from all the XUV500 gurus here:

-How is the reliability of XUV500,compared to that of the Fortuner?
-After sales service XUV500 vs Fortuner?
-Which one will give better protection if one rear ends a multi axialtrailer " without the under run bar"
-Which one has a better service network pan India?

And the most important question
New XUV500 (AWD)or a preowned Fortuner(4WD)? (Almost the same price)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 28th March 2016 at 01:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks