Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 02:36   #1111
BANNED

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I don't know if I missed out on this somewhere but suddenly realized that Mahindra seems to have made some feature changes to redefine the W6, W8 and W10 models. Is this correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Yes, I see Mahindra's website updated with few changes that I have observed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
In fact their website shows W6 doesn't have 2nd row reading lamps, but it is very much there in mine.
Hey guys, with the doubts spooling over the changes made, I just checked the website and made a minor comparison between the OLD vs NEW i.e before feature updation. Not the comparison between Old Age vs New Age XUV 5OO.

Hope it helps all the prospective buyers to get down to choose the variant they need.

W4
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-w4.jpg

Old vs New
  • What the W4 variant gets after the feature revision is the 6" monochrome touch screen with USB, Handsfree, iPod, CD and Bluetooth whereas pre-revision it was a Single LCD Display.

__________________________________________________ ________

W6
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-w6.jpg

Old vs New
  • What the W6 variant gets after the feature revision is upgrade to the 7" touch screen with GPS, USB, Bluetooth, Handsfree, iPod and picture viewer, Audio/Video whereas pre-revision it was 6" monochrome touch screen with USB, Handsfree, iPod, CD and Bluetooth.

• Mahindra Blue-Sense App seems to be activated for the W6 variant which wasn't the case for pre-revision W6 variant.

• e-Manual seems to be now loaded in the infotainment system post revision.

• Power folding ORVM too seems to be added post feature revision.

W8
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-w8.jpg

Old vs New
  • What the W8 gets post revision is Logo-projection on the ORVM's.

• Push- start button

• Passive Keyless entry system

• Voice messaging system.

W10
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-w10.jpg

Old vs New
  • Same as earlier.

PS: Please click on the image to open up in a new window/tab for clear viewing and read-ability.

Mahindra is in the process of updating the XUV's brochure. See below the error I get when I click on the "New-Age XUV 5OO Brochure"

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th March 2016 at 02:40.
a4anurag is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 06:37   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Congratulations, from my experience so far i can tell i dont regret the decision one bit, its been a month and 3K on ODO with one highway drive Bangalore - Dharwad - Goa)

Looking at the above i would recommend you try the accessories at Mahindra itself. which variant you plan to buy? Also watch out only few dealers have stock without the new price, so take the plunge soon if you have decided you can save up to 50K.

Cheers!
Arun
Thanks Arun, I think I will stick with Mahindra itself if the price and quality is good.
I was to take the W6 at the old prices and have blocked it, but I just saw that with the 50K price increase we also get the infotainment system.

Quote:
I don't know if I missed out on this somewhere but suddenly realized that Mahindra seems to have made some feature changes to redefine the W6, W8 and W10 models. Is this correct? Like, W6 now having the same infotainment screen as W8 and W10 along with navigation. Or ABS with EBD in the W6 variant (I think this was not there earlier in the W6). Similarly W8 seems to have got some features from W10 as well.
Thanks Zappo for the update. Now I want to book the new W6 since the new package is worth the price. Have to call up Sireesh asap now and stop my old delivery and ask for the new w6.

Quote:
Thanks for confirming guys. Now here is another interesting update. I got the quote for the new cars. Looks like the effect of budget but... and that's the interesting part, Mahindra is giving an equivalent discount to keep the ex showroom prices the same as before budget. So for the same price as earlier you get more features!
I am surprised. I was given a discount only for the old W6. No back to the dealer to see the prices of new w6.
Old 8th March 2016, 12:33   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
W4
Attachment 1483706

Old vs New
  • What the W4 variant gets after the feature revision is the 6" monochrome touch screen with USB, Handsfree, iPod, CD and Bluetooth whereas pre-revision it was a Single LCD Display.
For someone on a tight budget, the W4 with the updated features makes a strong case for itself now. It will no longer feel bare basic and for 11.91 Lacs in Mumbai, it is a very competent 7 seater family vehicle.

Quote:
W6
Attachment 1483707

Old vs New[list][*]What the W6 variant gets after the feature revision is upgrade to the 7" touch screen with GPS, USB, Bluetooth, Handsfree, iPod and picture viewer, Audio/Video whereas pre-revision it was 6" monochrome touch screen with USB, Handsfree, iPod, CD and Bluetooth.
So it does not get Navigation!

Quote:
W8
Attachment 1483708

Old vs New
  • What the W8 gets post revision is Logo-projection on the ORVM's.

• Push- start button

• Passive Keyless entry system

• Voice messaging system.
My pick of the lot. The W8 now gets all the goodies from the W10. Keyless entry and go will up the desirability quotient by a fair amount.

What's more, it is also available with the A/T.

I wish there was a W8 AWD A/T, but if you want a AWD + A/T, you will need to pick the W10... That's pardonable, since the product line up is so diverse in the first place!
Old 8th March 2016, 12:55   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
For someone on a tight budget, the W4 with the updated features makes a strong case for itself now. It will no longer feel bare basic and for 11.91 Lacs in Mumbai, it is a very competent 7 seater family vehicle.

So it does not get Navigation!

Not sure of the point of GPS without Navigation. Are you sure about this? I plan to visit a couple of dealers again today. Will see if there is additional info on this.
Old 8th March 2016, 14:34   #1115
BHPian

Has Mahindra already started manufacturing vehicles with the additional features? I had booked a W8 in mid-Feb, but due to delays, the vehicle is expected to leave the plant in the next few days. Wondering if it will be refreshed with the above. If so, it would a small consolation for the poor purchase experience that I have had so far.
Old 8th March 2016, 15:01   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Have you fit the same cam which comes in W10, if yes then why didn't you get the dynamic assist because the ICE of W8 & W10 are exactly similar. A few queries regarding your mod.
Answers to your queries are given below:

Quote:
(a) Did you have to cut any metal in the boot door for fitting.
No cut in metal is required. Camera can be installed near number plate by drilling hole similar to bumper.

Quote:
(b) Is there any connector present for plug n play or did you have to splice the wiring to connect the cam for power & to the display.
No cutting or splicing of wires are required. Ask technician to follow route taken by pipe of rear wiper to water storage bottle and then extend to IC unit located below glove box. There is provision for connectors on unit. Power will be drawn from reverse parking lights using connector without slicing wires.

Quote:
(c) Is the cam IR capable & how good is the clarity at night.
Clarity is acceptable. Attaching snap of building parking taken in night for reference.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20160307_003.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I have 2 months old W8 and also getting similar sound (Tic Tic) near 3rd row seats while driving on rough roads but not able to find the exact spot. suggest
Sound (Tic Tic) was coming from driver seat, but I always felt that it was coming from second row until told by my wife when one day she sat on second row . Issue was finally resolved by service engineer during first service

Last edited by Zappo : 9th March 2016 at 17:33. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts in the first 20 minutes. Posts merged.
Old 8th March 2016, 16:44   #1117
BHPian

WOW!

This is really interesting now, in couple of months of buying W6 they have got the upgraded ICE. I know it might be too early but would any of you know if i can get that upgraded on my existing W6? mine is a Dec 2016 model?

Thanks!
Arun
Old 9th March 2016, 23:30   #1118
BHPian

Thanks rakesht_ripps for all the inputs it was really helpful. Can you please tell the make of the camera is it Chinese or a branded one. I am surprised that mahindra has not provided wiring for the reverse cam as it is a necessity because of the limited rear view available to the driver.
Old 10th March 2016, 16:21   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Thanks rakesht_ripps for all the inputs it was really helpful. Can you please tell the make of the camera is it Chinese or a branded one. I am surprised that mahindra has not provided wiring for the reverse cam as it is a necessity because of the limited rear view available to the driver.
Sorry, I don't know the brand name since dealer installed without showing packing and even I missed to check the brand name; however I have bill and camera is under 6 months warranty.
Old 10th March 2016, 21:45   #1120
BHPian

Hello Gurus, I need your valuable inputs regarding my purchase of the vehicle.

1) My dealer in Hyderabad(VVC Motors) is offering discounted price of XUV500(old ex-showroom) and also with the impending price hike from April 1st, I see a difference of 1 lakh on the OTR price for the new stock of vehicles.

2) Shall I wait for the HEXA which is supposed to be launched in June and then purchase among the two in December due to discounts that will be offered at that time. I am not in a hurry to purchase the vehicle as our Omni has been serving us well. Also, we do not have a negative perception about TATA service, we can live with the niggles and get them sorted out with TASS.

3) Dealer has two vehicles in stock for W6(color not of my choice but still my family is okay with any color seeing the discount being offered) - what do I need to take care of while purchasing the vehicle from dealer. Mr.Mohan Das-Lead SA has told me, after I make the booking only then he will provide me with VIN & Chassis number. If i find something amiss, can I cancel the booking and expect the whole booking amount to be returned?

Please advise.

Last edited by rohit.joshi : 10th March 2016 at 21:54. Reason: Incomplete sentence
Old 11th March 2016, 00:43   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post

1) My dealer in Hyderabad(VVC Motors) is offering discounted price of XUV500(old ex-showroom) and also with the impending price hike from April 1st, I see a difference of 1 lakh on the OTR price for the new stock of vehicles.
1 lakh difference isn't bad at all.

Quote:
2) Shall I wait for the HEXA which is supposed to be launched in June and then purchase among the two in December due to discounts that will be offered at that time. I am not in a hurry to purchase the vehicle as our Omni has been serving us well. Also, we do not have a negative perception about TATA service, we can live with the niggles and get them sorted out with TASS.
Totally depends on you, New Age XUV is a proven product now, But if you still want to wait for the Hexa you can, Mind you XUV had most of its niggles rectified, XEXA being a new product can be more prone to niggles than the XUV.

Quote:
3) Dealer has two vehicles in stock for W6(color not of my choice but still my family is okay with any color seeing the discount being offered) - what do I need to take care of while purchasing the vehicle from dealer. Mr.Mohan Das-Lead SA has told me, after I make the booking only then he will provide me with VIN & Chassis number. If i find something amiss, can I cancel the booking and expect the whole booking amount to be returned?
You can always cancel the booking if you find something is wrong with the car, Or ask the dealer to change the car, Run the VIN check and inspect the car properly before giving the total amount of the car to the dealer.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 14:03   #1122
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Any advice on buying DRLs for an XUV 500? I saw several kits available on Amazon, but not sure about the quality. Can they be wired by any car accessories shop, and wired correctly, i.e. stay on during the day and turn off when the headlights are on?
Old 11th March 2016, 14:55   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Any advice on buying DRLs for an XUV 500?
May be you should try Philips DRLs. They are simple to fit. You can directly connect with battery. As soon as you start the engine, the lights come ON and stay like that while it is running. This is not connected to any switches but the DRL unit itself senses the engine ON vibrations and does tricks. Very safe, no warranty issues whatsoever.

If you need something that comes ON as son as engine is started but goes off when headlights come on, this will need rewiring some headlight things as well as some sort of controller that takes inputs from headlight. Not a great option IMHO considering the efforts and risks involved.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 09:45   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for confirming guys. Now here is another interesting update. I got the quote for the new cars. Looks like the effect of budget but... and that's the interesting part, Mahindra is giving an equivalent discount to keep the ex showroom prices the same as before budget. So for the same price as earlier you get more features!
This is not true. For me, the dealer is giving the pre- feature car for pre-hike price. So, if you want the recently added features then you have to shell out the extra money in terms of price hike.
Old 13th March 2016, 23:19   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
Looks like I'll be joining the owner's club anytime soon! My cheetah is scheduled for a warm welcome at home on October 8th. I booked the w8 model from TVS , Alappuzha(KL). Got massive massive discounts . Since I used to work in service department of Hyundai, I knew how to play hard ball with the dealership management. I was lucky enough to have my uncle join the game. He also booked the same model. I had a TD on 15th. I took me a couple of weeks to make a decision. I managed to squeeze corporate bonus, exchange bonus and almost everything you could possibly extract from them.

If you have connections at the RTO, it is profitable to pay the taxes and registration fee by yourself. I was quoted 98k for my bike including registration and stuff from the showroom. But, when I did the whole thing by myself, it reached only 93k!

I'll update the total cost after I get the cheetah home 😋
Hi Stephen,

Can you please give me the breakdown of prices quoted by dealer and you with your magical skills, how much were you able to extract discounts. Please give both of them in breakdowns

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks