Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 15:54   #976
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I recently bought W8 in Oct from Ahmedabad through CSD and drove to Hyderabad with distance of 1300+ Kms. No issues faced. Keep speed limit below 100 km/hr for first 1000 kms.

Just want to know whether W10 AWD available through CSD ?
AWD should be available through CSD. You can contact CSD sales manager of PUNJAB AUTOMOBILES at Ahmedabad, Dipak Pateliya, on dipak.punjab@gmail.com or call 09825008694.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st December 2015 at 01:49. Reason: Quote fixed.
rakesht_ripps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 17:01   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Guys, did any one experienced an error of " HDC Fail" , I have new age XUV5OO and yesterday while descending in basement parking, I stopped the car in midway to collect the entry ticket. At that time I felt a jerk and later I got this warning.

I parked the car and thought of taking to Service center next morning but in the morning the warning disappear and till now it is fine.

Any idea what speed HDC maintain while engaging it during descend time
I recently drove to Araku valley on vacation and extensively used HDC on Ghat roads. As per my experience, system calculates steep angle and adjusts speed accordingly. I have experienced speed of 10-15 Km/hr on highly steep declines and 30-45 km/hr on low steep in 3rd gear. HDC activates and de-activates automatically based on the steep angles; however it gets de-activated once clutch is pressed. It is great safety feature Till now I was using gear brakes on Ghat roads
rakesht_ripps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 17:19   #978
BHPian

Quote:
I recently bought W8 in Oct from Ahmedabad through CSD and drove to Hyderabad with distance of 1300+ Kms. No issues faced. Keep speed limit below 100 km/hr for first 1000 kms.
Pardon me for being naive. I always thought that the new age engines do not require a break-in period any longer. This was certainly the case several years ago when one purchased a new car, bike or scooter. Why do I keep hearing/reading regarding this speed limit for the first 1000 kms?
Old 30th December 2015, 17:30   #979
BHPian

Hi, i am looking at purchasing an XUV. Contacted the showroom in hyderabad and here is the rate they have mentioned. Can you please tell me i can bargain on any of these things. One thing that i will surely bargain is on the Insurance
1. W6 - 15lac
2. W8 - 17.10 lac
3. W10 - 18 lac
All the above are MT 2x2

I am told that this includes the year end discount of 25k on w6; 30k on w8 and 40k on w10. I am told that there will be an aditional corporate discount of Rs 10000/-. I asked them about exchanging my current vehicle and they told me that the discussion about that will happen when we meet face to face.

I need information from someone in Hyderabad who has recently taken a XUV and the final price and any freebies they could manage to negotiate.
Old 31st December 2015, 01:09   #980
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Why do I keep hearing/reading regarding this speed limit for the first 1000 kms?
New or old age engines, they are engines after all and moreover there are metal components with low clearances between them.

These clearances bed in as it is driven and any wrong process followed or may be run in isn't done from delivery day, there could be an issue with reliability in the long run.

I have no cases to support my argument but if there is any section in the owners manual mentioning "Run-In" procedure then it is better for the car and the owner if the instructions are followed.

The manufacturer knows the car and its components more than us.

PS: we have a separate thread running on this topic.

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st December 2015 at 01:12.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 10:17   #981
BHPian

Quote:
I recently drove to Araku valley on vacation and extensively used HDC on Ghat roads. As per my experience, system calculates steep angle and adjusts speed accordingly. I have experienced speed of 10-15 Km/hr on highly steep declines and 30-45 km/hr on low steep in 3rd gear. HDC activates and de-activates automatically based on the steep angles; however it gets de-activated once clutch is pressed. It is great safety feature Till now I was using gear brakes on Ghat roads
Hi Rakesh,
Thanks for the info, however I also tested HDC couple of days back during my visit to Kashmir, Gulmarg. I engaged HDC while declining and the road was covered with snow, water and few patches with black ice, during that time I noticed that the car speed after HDC is engaged is still on higher side, as on snow surface you need very less speed. I also want to check whether there is a mechanism of getting HDC adjusted for speed or not.

To be very frank, declining in first gear was more safer as my XUV was loaded with 4 heavy people and full 6 bags of luggage but it performed really well.
Old 31st December 2015, 10:46   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Pardon me for being naive. I always thought that the new age engines do not require a break-in period any longer. This was certainly the case several years ago when one purchased a new car, bike or scooter. Why do I keep hearing/reading regarding this speed limit for the first 1000 kms?
I agree with you to some extent ; however we have to go by recommendations from manufacturer. Even XUV service manual recommends to drive smoothly for first 1000 kms Refer page 10 of manual.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-manual.jpg  

Old 1st January 2016, 00:46   #983
BHPian

After a long wait and dilemna between duster and xuv500, I finally decided in favour of cheetah for multiple reasons described by fellow owners in this forum!
Booked a W6, dolphin Grey and got 60k discount for the year end!
Will get the delivery in a week's time, Thanks to all XUV owners for your honest and timely updates made my decision easy!

Cheers!
Arun
arun.kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:43   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hi Rakesh,
Thanks for the info, however I also tested HDC couple of days back during my visit to Kashmir, Gulmarg. I engaged HDC while declining and the road was covered with snow, water and few patches with black ice, during that time I noticed that the car speed after HDC is engaged is still on higher side, as on snow surface you need very less speed. I also want to check whether there is a mechanism of getting HDC adjusted for speed or not.

To be very frank, declining in first gear was more safer as my XUV was loaded with 4 heavy people and full 6 bags of luggage but it performed really well.
To adjust the speed of descend in HDC you can use the"+" and "-" keys of cruise control to respectively increase or decrease speed with respect to the current gear engaged (i.e. cannot decrease to a speed which can stall the vehicle).
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:07   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, if anybody has noticed the Mahindra XUV website, Mahindra is offering all colors for all variants.

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/compar...?id=comp_model

I am not sure if this a mistake while updating the website or it's a true fact. If true, then I can't wait to see a W4 in Sunset Orange color
Hi, I saw a Purple W6 yesterday in Chennai. So it looks to be true. I did refer to the website and now they are offering all colors for all models.
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:33   #986
BHPian

Hello members,

I have been a Team BHP member for quite some time. I was reading the reviews in the forum when I was looking to purchase by VW Polo in 2010. However I didn't get to spend much time in the forum after that and did not contribute much too and I had been a passive observer and occasionally I would look at reviews and make suggestions to friends.

I was looking to give out my VW Polo (simply because of the reason of space and low floor car for my family elders, otherwise it is a car I love even after driving 97k in the odo) in few months time and as a practice started reading reviews and forums for Hyundai Creta (SX is the model preferred due to budget) & XUV500 (W6 is the model preferred due to budget). I am a person who prefers to take top version car but here I had to settle with a medium version fitting my needs.

Though these 2 should not be directly compared, the reason for choosing them is, if 5 seater is sufficient then it would be Creta or if 7 seater is a choice then XUV500. My family is 4 plus my elderly parents (65 to 72 age) and I need to test drive both to see whether my mom with her knee operated, can get into the car without much difficulty. It is a difficult decision to be used to German quality in VW Polo and adjust with niggles in XUV500 but that is a mental change that I need to make.

With discounts XUV500 looks to be a better choice, given I have an option of 7 seater. Lots have been said and discussed in this forum about the advantages, niggles, safety features (in higher versions) and I am continuing to read ownership reports and other observations.

Recently in the Mahindra website I noticed all colors for all models . I am happy on this because I felt purple was a great color and all these while it was available in higher versions only.

I was having few queries but after going through these 66 pages of information, many of my queries have been answered. My left over query would be whether any of our forum members have attempted to install Mahindra accessory Fog Lamps into W6 model. If yes, will the switch be a separate off mark type switch (I do not know how is Fog Lamp switch in W8 or W10. In VW it is integrated with the headlamp switch which all know).

Thanks,
Old 4th January 2016, 09:58   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
Hello members,

My left over query would be whether any of our forum members have attempted to install Mahindra accessory Fog Lamps into W6 model. If yes, will the switch be a separate off mark type switch (I do not know how is Fog Lamp switch in W8 or W10.

Thanks,
The lamps get integrated in the provision provided very well. The switch is already available in the headlamp stalk and it’s just the connection that has to be given.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-clear-lamps.jpg  

LoneRidder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 12:38   #988
BHPian

Post deleted. Please ensure that your posts contribute to the discussion. Use "Thanks" button instead of posting a one-liner.

Last edited by noopster : 4th January 2016 at 13:02. Reason: Refer mod note inline
Old 4th January 2016, 13:12   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
Hello members,

Though these 2 should not be directly compared, the reason for choosing them is, if 5 seater is sufficient then it would be Creta or if 7 seater is a choice then XUV500. My family is 4 plus my elderly parents (65 to 72 age) and I need to test drive both to see whether my mom with her knee operated, can get into the car without much difficulty. It is a difficult decision to be used to German quality in VW Polo and adjust with niggles in XUV500 but that is a mental change that I need to make.

With discounts XUV500 looks to be a better choice, given I have an option of 7 seater. Lots have been said and discussed in this forum about the advantages, niggles, safety features (in higher versions) and I am continuing to read ownership reports and other observations.

Thanks,
I have owned the XUV for the last year and done 26,000 kms. I want to make 2 points -

1. Regarding Niggles - Guess the number of niggles I had in the last 1 year and 26,000 kms - ZERO. This point in my opinion is completely overrated and XUVs made now are as reliable as any other Japanese/Korean manufacturer.
So do not need to worry about any mental changes.

2. Ingress - Check with your folks if ingress is an issue with the side step installed. I understand ingress is a big tough for the more experienced people.
Aniket6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:44   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I have owned the XUV for the last year and done 26,000 kms. I want to make 2 points -

1. Regarding Niggles - Guess the number of niggles I had in the last 1 year and 26,000 kms - ZERO. This point in my opinion is completely overrated and XUVs made now are as reliable as any other Japanese/Korean manufacturer.
So do not need to worry about any mental changes.
Great to hear that . True. I too believe that the product you get finally is something that counts. I am seeing lot of improvements in recent times but over a wide audience, still people have that feeling about consistency in the products from manufactures like Mahindra, Tata & as a matter of fact Maruti too. Anyway, that is a separate debate by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
2. Ingress - Check with your folks if ingress is an issue with the side step installed. I understand ingress is a big tough for the more experienced people.
Yes, I definitely need to install the side step but I need to first check whether my elderly parents would be able to easily Ingress with the side step. I will get that done during test drive. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks