Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 13:01   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar06 View Post
I am now planning to book a Sunset Orange W4 model.
IMHO - W8 and above are good options to consider for XUV5OO. W6, W4 have lower level of equipments and goodies. Engine is same of course but some safety things cut off in lower variants is not recommended.
Old 7th December 2015, 14:24   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Forum members,
I have been a team bHP member for quite some time...however I had been a passive observer. I am now planning to book a Sunset Orange W4 model..After seeing niggles, minor irritants and other things being mentioned here..not sure whether to go ahead ..
Can any one advise me whether this would be a better choice than a Duster RXL ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
IMHO - W8 and above are good options to consider for XUV5OO. W6, W4 have lower level of equipments and goodies. Engine is same of course but some safety things cut off in lower variants is not recommended.
Amar, I believe most of the niggles reported usually are related to electronics and all the gadgets the car offers. I dont think mechanically there are much issues unresolved. So a W4 is a good bet in that sense.

However as Avinash mentioned above that W8 and above offer lot of safety which is certainly important provided your budget allows. I have a W8 older model and have been fairly happy, but there is always higher risk of niggles.
Old 7th December 2015, 16:07   #933

Guys, Thank you so much.. I am sad to say that my budget will not stretch to W6 also :-(...I am in a dilemma because Renault is offering Rs 105,000 as discount which makes the car on road price at Rs 13.02 L compared to Rs 13.78 that I have to shell out for W4..I was wondering whether this would be a good bet... Also, can any of the forum members / friends let me know what will be the average service expenditure for every 10k / 20k kilometers ? Once again, am grateful for he advice and this forum...
Old 7th December 2015, 16:23   #934
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Guys, Thank you so much.. I am sad to say that my budget will not stretch to W6 also :-(...I am in a dilemma because Renault is offering Rs 105,000 as discount which makes the car on road price at Rs 13.02 L compared to Rs 13.78 that I have to shell out for W4..I was wondering whether this would be a good bet... Also, can any of the forum members / friends let me know what will be the average service expenditure for every 10k / 20k kilometers ? Once again, am grateful for he advice and this forum...

I bought a W4 about a year and half back because I felt it was value for money and most importantly I liked the looks. I feel if you like something you somehow convince yourself of the other "perceived" shortcomings that the product might have :-). XUV as a product has matured and as you might have also observed that there are less niggles reported nowadays.

I have just crossed 15k mark and the maintenance charges are bare minimum. At 10k it was less than INR 100/- and at 5k I only paid for the oil change etc. pretty minimal.
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 16:51   #935

Dear Gupta, Thanks !! for the vote of confidence...I think I will book tomorrow....after one last round of discussions with family..
Old 8th December 2015, 14:09   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my view XUV and Duster are 2 different segments especially from a size standpoint. Interior space, engine size, seating for upto 7 all make the 2 products different from each other. Your decision should be based on your needs in my view. I find XUV a more polished product compared to Duster but you will have 2 distinct advantages with Duster in the form of better ride quality and fuel efficiency.

Hopefully I am not confusing you , but main point being that you need to analyze your requirement and then decide.
Old 8th December 2015, 15:05   #937

Thank you for the clarity, decided to go with W4. Booking done and documents submitted
Hopefully, I may get the vehicle this weekend.
amar06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 15:34   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the clarity, decided to go with W4. Booking done and documents submitted
Congratulations amar06 on the booking I was wanting to have a look at Sunset orange W4 and you have booked the same model with same color. Good to know you will be getting delivery within 4 days Will wait for the pictures.

By the way did you get a chance to see this color on W4 before booking??
Old 8th December 2015, 16:37   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the clarity, decided to go with W4. Booking done and documents submitted .
Where did you do the booking? what was the final price break-up?
Old 8th December 2015, 17:59   #940

Guys, did not get a chance to see the color on W4. However, it might be the same as any W8 / W10 as the paint shops at Mahindra are the same...have booked at Sireesh Auto, Silk Board...expecting the new car by Sunday..trading in my Ritz ZXi also..
amar06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 13:37   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Amar. Are there any "year end" discounts that are being offered.

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 9th December 2015, 15:12   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Are there any "year end" discounts that are being offered.
I suppose they have some discounts running on the XUV currently. Saw in today's newspaper saying they have up to 60,000/- Rs discount. Probably you can check with the dealer, IMO it is the insurance wave off and corporate discount is included.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 09:53   #943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM360 View Post
I had issues with the sunroof which opens with a weird thud, we checked the demo vehicle which again had the same issue (I am worried if the mechanism will last long enough, especially since replacing the unit is quite expensive).
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Just a minor issue with sunroof! When I open the sun roof it open with a loud thug!! This is comparatively louder than other vehicles. This was even there on day one!

Ankur Singh wrote in to ask the following:
I recently purchased the XUV5OO W10 AWD. Facing an issue since day one with the sunroof - it drops down with a thud and then retracts. I just want to ask others who have faced this problem (N360, KAN, etc) whether his issue has been resolved or not. If yes, then what was done? Service centre guys at my end said they'd have to take off the headliner to see what the problem is. What I examined is that the rubber gasket around the sunroof glass is sticking at the rear side, thus making the thud noise when opened, shaking the headliner et al.

I don't want service people to train on my brand new vehicle, hence need a to the point solution.
Has anyone else had the same issue and resolved it successfully?

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th December 2015 at 09:54.
Old 10th December 2015, 17:41   #944

As anyone fitted the new front grill of XUV to an older model? I have a Silver XUV and was curious to have the new grill on my Beast Any idea on what will be the cost of new grill?
Old 10th December 2015, 18:24   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nischal D View Post
As anyone fitted the new front grill of XUV to an older model? I have a Silver XUV and was curious to have the new grill on my Beast Any idea on what will be the cost of new grill?
As per my discussion with the SA when the new age XUV was launched, it should cost around 50-60K(Approx) as it needs Bumper replacement, headlight assembly and wiring, bonnet and the grill. So it's the complete set which needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps!! Also I would recommend you to talk to your SA once and check.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks