Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 22:13   #916
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I have done that on my car. I got it done from the showroom itself. They said that this one is a night-vision equipped cam. Visibility is more than enough. The reverse cam does its job properly. Haven't faced any niggles so far.

Attachment 1444520

Attachment 1444521
Make sure that you order the camera which is smaller than the ones they fix on the rear bumber. They are too big to be fixed in the bracket provided on the boot. I was told that the wiring was done using a 'sleeve'(?) in order to avoid the possibility of warranty problems which was bound to haunt me had the cut the wire.

Attachment 1444522

Attachment 1444523
Thanks for information. How much it costed to install camera?
Old 29th November 2015, 07:54   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
Thanks for information. How much it costed to install camera?
I was given an offer when i bought the car. The cam cost is 10500. Since I ordered one for my uncle's xuv too, i got it done for Rs5000. Non-nightvision models are available for 4k
Old 30th November 2015, 12:54   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I was given an offer when i bought the car. The cam cost is 10500. Since I ordered one for my uncle's xuv too, i got it done for Rs5000. Non-nightvision models are available for 4k
By night vision you mean the camera has IR LEDs? does it give the greenish view at night?
Old 1st December 2015, 16:07   #919
BHPian

As shared by Sireesh Auto-mobile Bangalore, M&M has released a MapMyIndia console for W6. As per them this has approval of M&M and can be fixed to W6 and costs around 20K. On my further enquiry with India Garage, I got a negative answer and the executive further stated that Sireesh is bluffing for the order and after taking the order, they would give some reason and not fix it. Can experts, help me with opinion and suggestions.
Old 1st December 2015, 17:11   #920
BHPian

Guys, did any one experienced an error of " HDC Fail" , I have new age XUV5OO and yesterday while descending in basement parking, I stopped the car in midway to collect the entry ticket. At that time I felt a jerk and later I got this warning.

I parked the car and thought of taking to Service center next morning but in the morning the warning disappear and till now it is fine.

Any idea what speed HDC maintain while engaging it during descend time
Old 1st December 2015, 22:17   #921
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Was able to test out the Tiretronics thanks to a puncture that I suffered this evening. On my way back home, all of a sudden the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS/Tiretronics) threw an alert on the infortainment system. The right rear tyre was showing low pressure. I usually check the tyre pressure every morning and so the sudden low pressure meant that it had to be a puncture.

Couple of things to note about the Tiretronics system:
1. Absolutely loved the way it functioned. It immediately detected the change in pressure and was prompt with the alert.
2. When low, it also shows the actual tyre pressure! In my case it was 23psi. The alert highlights the affected wheel and flashes the words "low pressure" and the actual pressure of the tyre alternatively. It usually says OK when the pressure is fine and users often rely on the BlueSense App to check the actual pressure but when there is a problem, the system in the car shows the pressure of the affected tyre! Information when you need it the most - great thinking Mahindra & Mahindra. You sure have won a few brownie points for this .

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_2846.jpg

Cheers
achyu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 00:47   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Hey Guys,

Was able to test out the Tiretronics thanks to a puncture that I suffered this evening. On my way back home, all of a sudden the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS/Tiretronics) threw an alert on the infortainment system. The right rear tyre was showing low pressure. I usually check the tyre pressure every morning and so the sudden low pressure meant that it had to be a puncture.

Couple of things to note about the Tiretronics system:
1. Absolutely loved the way it functioned. It immediately detected the change in pressure and was prompt with the alert.
2. When low, it also shows the actual tyre pressure! In my case it was 23psi. The alert highlights the affected wheel and flashes the words "low pressure" and the actual pressure of the tyre alternatively. It usually says OK when the pressure is fine and users often rely on the BlueSense App to check the actual pressure but when there is a problem, the system in the car shows the pressure of the affected tyre! Information when you need it the most - great thinking Mahindra & Mahindra. You sure have won a few brownie points for this .

Cheers
Hey, yea i love the New TPMS too, Was really surprised to see how quickly the system detected the air leakage while i was i filling the tyres with nitrogen, And automatically the error goes away as the air pressure is back to normal, Here are couple pictures that i clicked.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_4258_1024.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_4260_1024.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_thumb_img_4257_1024_1024.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:43   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Any idea what speed HDC maintain while engaging it during descend time
HDC will engage if your speed goes above the maximum speed mentioned against the gear you are in. However, not sure why it threw up an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
When low, it also shows the actual tyre pressure
Not sure what prevented Mahindra from displaying it always and not just when pressure is low. I guess it is just a software change which is required. For Scorpio it displays the pressure always, this means you don't need to have Bluesense app if you are just using it for pressure check like me.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:15   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not sure what prevented Mahindra from displaying it always and not just when pressure is low. I guess it is just a software change which is required. For Scorpio it displays the pressure always, this means you don't need to have Bluesense app if you are just using it for pressure check like me.
Agreed Suhas. If they could do it on the app then there is nothing really that can prevent them from doing it on the system but I am at least happy that the pressure is being displayed when there is a problem.
Old 4th December 2015, 11:01   #925
BHPian

I am thinking of upgrade and XUV fits all my requirements. With launch of AT, it's like dream come true since that is the only feature not ticked in my wish list.

I think around 8 months ago, I had taken test driven of the earlier XUV and was satisfied with almost everything. As there were rumors of upgraded launch in 2015 I decided to wait.

So last Saturday decided to make a visit to near Mahindra showroom and check the 2015 W10 model. I have many automobile showrooms near my house. Toyota being the closest. So decided to visit Toyota showroom to check the Fortuner. Just wanted to get a feel of AT and the beast. Visiting Toyota was a BIG mistake Will tell you in a moment. My first visit to a Toyota showroom. The showroom was spic and span with extremely professional staff. Everything from reception staff to interiors was very good. The test drive vehicle was 4WD AT. The vehicle was in excellent condition, really clean (the way I like it). The car felt really nice. Solid build, though very less features as compared to XUV but everything was in place, felt very comfortable driving the AT. The SA took sufficient time to explain everything and allowed me to take longer test drive. The overall experience was extremely fulfilling and I left the showroom with satisfaction and happiness.

Next stop was Mahindra showroom. Everything was exactly opposite than what I experienced moments ago. The showroom was nowhere as near to Toyota in terms of interiors. The staff was clueless. The SA was not clear about features. He was in hurry and was not aware of when AT would arrive. He was trying to convince me to purchase W10 manual. To the extent he said AT cars are not reliable. When I asked him about W10 manual test drive he said car is not available for TD. After taking the price list, brochure I came out of the showroom and saw the W10 TD vehicle. So I went inside and asked SA. He sent another guy with me for TD. Now coming to the TD vehicle. It was dirty inside out. The leather seat covers had become black at many places. The ride was really harsh with rattling noise from everywhere. The gears were notchy. Engine noise coming into cabin and what not. The overall experience left really bad taste (showroom + TD car).

My heart is already sold on XUV but with this experience I am thinking again and I'm comparing Toyota Vs Mahindra (Fortunar vs XUV, though I know this may not be right comparison). Need help from fellow members.

1. Leather seats – remember SDP mentioning in official review about seats getting dirty quickly due to color choice. Can the owners of new XUV comment on this. Is it a pain to maintain this color?

2. I’m 6 feet tall and I could not get the optimum seat position. I kept hitting the center armrest with my left elbow and it was really not comfortable. It was very difficult to change gears. Please comment on this. May be in hurry (due to the SA) I could not adjust the seat properly. I like the seat away from steering wheel.

3. Long clutch travel – I was hoping for some improvement but it’s same. Wanted opinion from W10 manual owners about clutch. Is it difficult over long rides or city driving?

Unable to make a decision between W10 M vs AT.

Thanks in advance.
mp417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 18:08   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post

My heart is already sold on XUV but with this experience I am thinking again and I'm comparing Toyota Vs Mahindra (Fortunar vs XUV, though I know this may not be right comparison). Need help from fellow members.

1. Leather seats – remember SDP mentioning in official review about seats getting dirty quickly due to color choice. Can the owners of new XUV comment on this. Is it a pain to maintain this color?

2. I’m 6 feet tall and I could not get the optimum seat position. I kept hitting the center armrest with my left elbow and it was really not comfortable. It was very difficult to change gears. Please comment on this. May be in hurry (due to the SA) I could not adjust the seat properly. I like the seat away from steering wheel.

3. Long clutch travel – I was hoping for some improvement but it’s same. Wanted opinion from W10 manual owners about clutch. Is it difficult over long rides or city driving?

Thanks in advance.
MP, in my view this seems to be more of an issue of poor dealership and not necessarily the product. You should try another Mahindra showroom before forming final views. Certainly the fortuner will be little better built and more rugged but then it comes at a very different price point.

Coming to your questions, heres my experience over the last 7-8 months of ownership.

1. I have older version XUV with black interiors so keeping it clean is not an issue. I have noticed the new one is easy to soil but then even Fortuner with biege interiors will have similar issue. You will certainly have to maintain it better, no doubt about that but nothing to hold against XUV for it

2. Finding optimum seat position is not a problem with range of settings available. I am also 6 feet and finiky about seating but could easily manage. The telescopic steering adjust comes in handy as well if u like to push the seat back.

3. Clutch is certainly heavier for city driving. Few hours a day in bumper to bumper traffic should be ok, but beyond that will be a stress. AT would certainly be a winner here.
Old 6th December 2015, 08:58   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
As shared by Sireesh Auto-mobile Bangalore, M&M has released a MapMyIndia console for W6. As per them this has approval of M&M and can be fixed to W6 and costs around 20K. On my further enquiry with India Garage, I got a negative answer and the executive further stated that Sireesh is bluffing for the order and after taking the order, they would give some reason and not fix it. Can experts, help me with opinion and suggestions.
My case is different, but probably relevant in this context.

I have a W8AWD(Dec2014), and India Garage refused to upgrade the map version from 8.x saying that it would harm the hardware(!) and M&M have asked them not to do the upgrade. IG said that the upgrade will delete all my stored locations, etc and generally discouraged me from upgrading.

When I went to Sireesh, they happily upgraded it and it all seems fine so far. All the favourites are intact too.

Sometimes, you need more than a pinch of salt when it comes to opinions from IG
Old 6th December 2015, 15:01   #928

Dear Sirs,
I have a concern which I have been meaning to ask as I have not found anthing about it in the forums here.What are the security and Anti-theft features of the XUV and how are they better or different from the normal central locking of other cars . I am specifically referring to the W 10 since it has a different electronic key fob.Shall be much obliged if a detailed answer could be provided.
Old 7th December 2015, 00:23   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post

Thanks in advance.
1. seats would be tough to manatain. with just 3 drive and 130KM the driver seat probably need internal drycleaning.

2. seating position would require "getting used to", you will not get sedan level of position

3. long clutch is still there. after my second drive (50KM) when i drove my old sedan it seems as if the clutch is not returning back when it was actually returning back. in short you will get used to the long clutch in no time and it would not be a matter of concern.

MT or AT is a matter or personal concern. i would prefer a W8 AUto over W10 auto as passive key/start stop have been removed from W10 Auto. if you wanna drive in bumper to bumper traffic then auto is preferd over manual. when i took delivery the auto was not launched so the option of auto was not available to me.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:48   #930

Hello Forum members,
I have been a team bHP member for quite some time...however I had been a passive observer. I am now planning to book a Sunset Orange W4 model..After seeing niggles, minor irritants and other things being mentioned here..not sure whether to go ahead ..
Can any one advise me whether this would be a better choice than a Duster RXL ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks