Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 20:38   #736
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
I have to agree with you on this one - didn't realise today that I was doing 90kmph in an 80kmph zone (road to Bangalore airport) - paid a fine of Rs300.
Off topic.
Waaw, I didn't know you get fined for doing 90 on a 80 stretch. Usually they allow a 15-20kmph leverage.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:42   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Off topic.
Waaw, I didn't know you get fined for doing 90 on a 80 stretch. Usually they allow a 15-20kmph leverage.
That's our Bengaluru police. They catch you on dot. But you always see them let go 'others' who break the rules!
Old 6th October 2015, 13:03   #738
BHPian

During my drive back from Bangalore it was raining heavily on Friday midnight and after 10 kms from Hosur there was waterlogging on Highways. I had a scary incident , at around 70 KMPH the car aquaplaned and the scariest thing was water splashes on to the windshield blinding the driver. I somehow managed to keep the car on road and not hitting the median. I read about similar water splashing incident on Scorpio. Has anyone else faced this issue with their XUVs? I was extremely careful after that incident and ensured that i did not cross 60KMPH till the roads were clear near Thoppur.

Hi, I just came back from Goa and faced the same issue. I was doing 90kmph and taking a curve when i saw some water puddle near the median. I was too close to it to swerve so i just held my steering hard and went through it. But what happened scared me. Post that i slowed down my speed and drove mostly on the central lane. My friend was also as surprised. We could not figure out what had caused the water to come on the windscreen. Reading your post made me realise what had happened.
Amarjeetphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 13:58   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
...at around 70 KMPH the car aquaplaned and the scariest thing was water splashes on to the windshield blinding the driver. I somehow managed to keep the car on road and not hitting the median. I read about similar water splashing incident on Scorpio. Has anyone else faced this issue with their XUVs?...
Hi, please read posts #693, 695-708, 712, this issue has been discussed, also if you or any member finds a solution to this problem then please post for the benefit of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
..I am going to highlight this to Mahindra and see what they have to say...
So my advice to all owners is take it slow and easy and be extra cautious if you drive an XUV when it rains and I do not want any others to go through the situation I faced last week.
@S5157 Any luck with Mahindra, did you contact them on this issue? I am sure the R&D team of Mahindra would be able to recreate the situation under controlled conditions. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 6th October 2015 at 13:59.
Old 6th October 2015, 13:58   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post

Hi, I just came back from Goa and faced the same issue. I was doing 90kmph and taking a curve when i saw some water puddle near the median. I was too close to it to swerve so i just held my steering hard and went through it. But what happened scared me. Post that i slowed down my speed and drove mostly on the central lane. My friend was also as surprised. We could not figure out what had caused the water to come on the windscreen. Reading your post made me realise what had happened.
I have highlighted the issue to M&M regional customer support manager in Kochi and he has updated that issue has been referred to R&D team and will keep me updated on the progress. I have given this thread as well for his reference so that they are aware that what I faced was not a one of issue.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 12:47   #741
BHPian

Is there an increase on the XUV - 500 (all variants) by 15K? My dealer had told me, near end of September that there would be decent Navrathra details coming up in October. Now he is telling me that: central Mahindra has not released any such protocol for the festive offerings. Instead prices have gone up 15K. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
Old 7th October 2015, 13:14   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Is there an increase on the XUV - 500 (all variants) by 15K? My dealer had told me, near end of September that there would be decent Navrathra details coming up in October. Now he is telling me that: central Mahindra has not released any such protocol for the festive offerings. Instead prices have gone up 15K. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
There is a likelihood of all Mahindra car prices being jacked up by 15K. There is a similar post by fellow BHPian on Scorpio thread. Quoting it below for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Has Mahindra increased scorpio prices? I have booked a S4+ 4WD last month and was just informed by the dealer here in HP that the particular model price has been increased by 15k. I can't see this updated on the official website though. Anything I can do towards price proection?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:15   #743
BHPian

Quote:
I can confirm this. I met the dealer today and prices have apparently been increased by 20K in Bangalore. They do have offers. I have asked them to email all discounts and offers across their portfolio. Will post it on the "New Cars - Discounts, Offers" thread as soon as I get the email.
achyu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:33   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
I can confirm this. I met the dealer today and prices have apparently been increased by 20K in Bangalore. They do have offers. I have asked them to email all discounts and offers across their portfolio. Will post it on the "New Cars - Discounts, Offers" thread as soon as I get the email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
There is a likelihood of all Mahindra car prices being jacked up by 15K. There is a similar post by fellow BHPian on Scorpio thread. Quoting it below for reference.
Thanks for the affirmative. Though I find this plain out weird. Most car stables are offering whooping discounts during this season. Mahindra instead increases pricing. Wonder why.

@AutoIndian: Yes, I had seen that quote in the Scorpio thread..!
asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:41   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, there has been an overall increase in the prices. I had booked my XUV500 in August and taken delivery in September first week. At the time of delivery the sales guy told me that prices have gone up
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:02   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
20k! Well, that's a big hike for sure! I've also heard that other brands have also increased the prices. I'm yet to get a confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Yes, there has been an overall increase in the prices. I had booked my XUV500 in August and taken delivery in September first week. At the time of delivery the sales guy told me that prices have gone up
I've a question for you. Did the sales team demand the new price? Or were you able to drive out of the dealership without facing any problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

I have paid the full amount for my ride last week. I'll be going to the dealer to tomorrow to get it home. Is there any chance that the dealer would ask me to pay more money by claiming that the prices have gone up? I have receipts for the cash I paid. That is enough to stand my ground, right?
Old 7th October 2015, 16:36   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
20k! Well, that's a big hike for sure! I've also heard that other brands have also increased the prices. I'm yet to get a confirmation.
I've a question for you. Did the sales team demand the new price? Or were you able to drive out of the dealership without facing any problem?
No they shouldnt ask, because the dealers usually book the vehicle, the day pay them

Last edited by ampere : 7th October 2015 at 17:14. Reason: Reduced sections of quoted post
Old 7th October 2015, 16:52   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have paid the full amount for my ride last week. I'll be going to the dealer to tomorrow to get it home. Is there any chance that the dealer would ask me to pay more money by claiming that the prices have gone up? I have receipts for the cash I paid. That is enough to stand my ground, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
No they shouldnt ask, because the dealers usually book the vehicle, the day pay them
Normally all the dealers have this clause, "Prices will be applicable at the time of delivery". So there is a likelihood that your dealer might also ask for the difference. If they don't ask then you are lucky, but if they do then it will depend on your negotiation skills. You can cover yourself stating that when you paid the full amount last week, there was no intimation on price rise. So now you are not liable to pay the increased price. Be firm on your stand and inform them that you will cancel your booking and not take the delivery of the car if they don't honor the original quotation. Don't show any desperation to take the delivery and don't budge.

After all they also want to make a sale and should protect you from price rise. Worst case if they don't budge be ready to take the delivery during year end when there could be hefty discounts.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:24   #749
BHPian

Quote:
You can shoot off a mail to Customer care and if required to VP customer care, they are very prompt in dealing with queries. I am sure the dealer would like to milk you for extra cash but stand your ground and show him that you are in touch with M&M. If he feels funny then ask him for the number of head of sales for your state and speak to him.

If your vehicle is already in the yard then ask the dealer to show you the factory invoice which has been billed to the dealer it will have the cost which has been paid by the dealer to M&M. The dealers have a tendency to take you for a ride so be firm.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:37   #750
BHPian

Quote:
First and foremost, congratulations on your new car!!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Looks like your car was invoiced at a time when the old price was in effect. That is what will be considered and not the delivery date. The new prices came into effect, I believe, only a day ago.

Happy motoring! Post pics please
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks