Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 08:43   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, sbala.

Since they are offered as freebies, you can get them done. My past and present vehicles haven't got them. So far, none of them had any paint/rust issues. I always take Teflon coating and underbody anti-rust treatment with a pinch of salt. If your vehicle has a covered parking, there is nothing to fear.
Thanks Ravi Sir. Yeah, I have a covered parking at home. I still need to check on what exactly the dealer is going to do in name of Teflon coating. I will update here once I have the info.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 10:54   #602
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
New entrant to the XUV500 owner's club. Nearing a month of ownership. Thanks to all the contributors on these forums in helping me make the final decision to go ahead with the purchase.
Congrats and thanks for the honest feedback !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Got my XUV500 W8 Sunset Orange delivered today. Have a query, In the third row seat, near the left hand rear door, there is a small black switch/knob with open and close option and a Fuel icon next to it. Any idea what is it for
Congrats, do post an ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I still need to check on what exactly the dealer is going to do in name of Teflon coating. I will update here once I have the info.
Going to the dealership tomorrow, will confirm with the SA and update here.
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:44   #603

Okay. One more niggle in Infotainment Console. Its happened twice. When the unit is paired with my phone via Bluetooth, I tried to make a call with the Music playing. It should (and it did on occasions in the past) mute the music and divert the sound output from the speakers to the calling tone/voice from the cell phone. Neither happened. I had to switch the cell phone to its inbuilt speakers to complete the call. In both instances, a restart solved the problem. Anyone else faced this issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
I use only door button to lock and unlock and have hardly used the remote, OVRM does fold automatically, always. In some cases, it takes bit of time (about 30 seconds) to close. So, please re-check again by waiting for 30 seconds after locking.
You are right. Thanks. I guess I was being impatient and locking the door again with the remote to close the OVRMs. I patiently waited today after pressing the lock button by the door and Lo, the OVRM's did retract after about 20 seconds.
Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2015 at 16:21. Reason: Back to back post merged
oberyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 14:21   #604
BHPian

Not sure if this the right forum (Moderators request you to move or delete it if inappropriate).
While taking delivery of my XUV500 W8 on the weekend, the sales team pleaded with me to give a good feedback when I get a feedback call from the dealer and vehicle manufacturer. They even told me if I give a 8 out of 10 then its considered a bad feedback and incentives are deducted from the concerned sales guy.

Did any of the recent buyers experienced the same in other cities?
Old 7th September 2015, 18:06   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this the right forum (Moderators request you to move or delete it if inappropriate).
While taking delivery of my XUV500 W8 on the weekend, the sales team pleaded with me to give a good feedback when I get a feedback call from the dealer and vehicle manufacturer. They even told me if I give a 8 out of 10 then its considered a bad feedback and incentives are deducted from the concerned sales guy.

It is same across all dealers. Even when I bought my pre facelift XUV in May my SA asked me to give good ratings and he would help me at any point of time. Also during my recent visit for first service, the RM called me and checked the condition of my car and asked to give good feedback. This is common across all dealers
Old 7th September 2015, 18:22   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I too face the problem, it's not showing all directories, but it happens little rare. Try to put another USB and get back to original one, it may read. Or else, change the USB drive label (in your PC, in the properties dialog box) and try again.
Now I got to know what was problem with the USB drive on my XUV. I had few folders in which the songs were in unsupported format (.wav). After I converted it to .mp3 format, it started reading from that directory too.
Old 7th September 2015, 23:05   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
Okay. One more niggle in Infotainment Console. Its happened twice. When the unit is paired with my phone via Bluetooth, I tried to make a call with the Music playing. It should (and it did on occasions in the past) mute the music and divert the sound output from the speakers to the calling tone/voice from the cell phone. Neither happened. I had to switch the cell phone to its inbuilt speakers to complete the call. In both instances, a restart solved the problem. Anyone else faced this issue ?
I faced it once. When I got an incoming call, instead of diverting to infotainment it stayed with phone itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
You are right. Thanks. I guess I was being impatient and locking the door again with the remote to close the OVRMs. I patiently waited today after pressing the lock button by the door and Lo, the OVRM's did retract after about 20 seconds.
Thanks
Mahindra R & D folks told me one thing. In general, it takes about half a minute for the whole system to finish the wrap up and shut down completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Now I got to know what was problem with the USB drive on my XUV. I had few folders in which the songs were in unsupported format (.wav). After I converted it to .mp3 format, it started reading from that directory too.
This is good find, I mostly have .mp3 only, I'll check still.
Old 8th September 2015, 00:31   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Did any of you folks opted for Teflon coating from the dealer during car delivery?

Is it advisable to get it done or is it something we should avoid?
My experience tells me that what dealers offer as teflon coating is basically nothing but normal round of 3M polishing. Equivalent to base polish package of what you can get done at a 3M store.

Quote:

Yea its the same all over. Even mine told me the same. I didnt give him 10/10 though since I dont think he deserved it.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 09:08   #609
BHPian

Quote:

Firstly congratulations on your new cheetah. This feedback system of higher points is absolutely normal and is followed extensively not only by Mahindra but all dealers of most manufacturers. After I got my Grand I would get a call after every service / visit to showroom 'coaching' on the feedback to be given and if any negatives to sort it there itself so that a 10/10 maybe given to the 'head' office team when they call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
It is same across all dealers. Even when I bought my pre facelift XUV in May my SA asked me to give good ratings and he would help me at any point of time. Also during my recent visit for first service, the RM called me and checked the condition of my car and asked to give good feedback. This is common across all dealers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2015 at 10:34. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 10th September 2015, 00:33   #610
BHPian

Hi All,
5000 kms done in 45 days and got my XUV back from first service at Anant cars, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore.

Minor issues reported:
Hand-brake cover(grey) had become loose over time : solved
Rattling of single seat in second row : Seems to be solved

Infotainment system S/W update wasn't necessary as it had been updated twice after purchasing the monster.

ECU update wasn't necessary as the update was done after i reported a kat-kat sound to the SA after 3000 odd kms (read post #437). Infact sales manager mentioned that mine was the first new age XUV to get the ECU update.
Runs smoother now after the service, gear shifts slightly better over the past few days

ICE upgrade:
Well, Mahindra didn't wanna make it a "perfect car" hence, they decided to partner with Nippon for sound system who supply these below-average speakers on a car of this $$$
Front : Infinity kappa 60.9cs
Rear : Infinity kappa 60.11 cs
Amp : Lightning audio( a unit of rockford fosgate) LA-4100
Amp wiring kit : Scosche
Dampin on 4 doors
Result : Much better than stocks, a subwoofer is sorely missed which shall be added after few months.

Cosmetic puchase : My XUV has more grooming products than i ever had in my life.
Meguiar's car shampoo
Meguiar's ultimate quik wax
3M glass cleaner
Jopasu car duster
set of 6 3M-microfiber cloth
Dupont tyvek car cover

Overall experience of the cheetah: GREAT !
Yes Mahindra may not be the best at fit & finish
Yes Mahindra may not be the best at 100% quality (read niggle-free)
But yes, they have grown tremendously over the past decade in making a global car, a car that would be made in Pune and driven in Austalia, South Africa and Brazil. May be we can expect 100% fit & finish in a W14 or W16 but for the VFM the XUV is at this stage is simply outstanding. More so after recent big launches.

Cheetah will be heading to Ladakh on 26th of this month where its capability will be tested in really cold conditions when it will cover a whooping distance of ~9000 kms, 17 states in 17 days. Second service is planned at Leh Ling motors, Leh(an authorised mahindra service center)
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150905_181202.jpg  

Zahoor23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 09:41   #611
BHPian

Team BHP is infectious. Totally. I had so made up my mind to book Creta 1.4 S+ but for the reviews of XUV posted by TBHP and owners took test drive yesterday. Absolutely brilliant and exactly the way I loved it. Creta was nice, Duster was too raw, Terrano was missing out everything premium; but XUV offered most at the just right price point. Hoping my views dont get changed and I book the Cheetah W6 soon.

By the way, that makes it Swift - Amaze - Thunderbird - XUV. All bought after researching on Team BHP. Wow.
Icarus_Deft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 10:27   #612
BHPian

All the best for the long drive. Keep us posted on the preparation and the way through!
Old 10th September 2015, 10:57   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
Team BHP is infectious. Totally. I had so made up my mind to book Creta 1.4 S+ but for the reviews of XUV posted by TBHP and owners took test drive yesterday. Absolutely brilliant and exactly the way I loved it. Creta was nice, Duster was too raw, Terrano was missing out everything premium; but XUV offered most at the just right price point. Hoping my views dont get changed and I book the Cheetah W6 soon.

By the way, that makes it Swift - Amaze - Thunderbird - XUV. All bought after researching on Team BHP. Wow.
I am sure you would have read about the niggles about XUV. Apart from those small irritants here and there, it is a gem. Am sure you will enjoy driving the beast. All the best.
Old 11th September 2015, 10:16   #614

1000+ km update and a few queries.

Airavat has already clocked 1200km in first 10 days. Apart from the Mumbai city travel, we took him to 2 long drives. Mumbai - Pune via expressway and Mumbai - Nashik.

+ves:
- Superb highway cruiser this vehicle. Didn't feel the driving fatigue at all
- Extremely comfortable ride for the 2nd row passengers. Family ( with 3 lower back patients) is happy to travel with Airavat
- Car handled very well; was especially tested during the downpour yesterday in Kasara ghat. With significant amount of water on the road, the vehicle took the twists and turns comfortably

Some issues:
- When I did Mumbai-Pune, Airavat was in stock condition. While on my latest trip to Nashik, he had some ornaments viz. Roof carrier ( M&M XUV carrier), Side steps ( again M&M XUV design). While on the Nashik trip, I was constantly getting some air pressure noise. Can't explain it well in words, but I was getting a feeling that the air is getting obstructed. It was noticable between 80 to 120kmph speed. Any idea what can be done to detect the exact cause and take care of it?

- I felt that the headlights( both low and high beem) are significantly underpower. Especially if you are driving on highway, the length and intensity of the throw is not that great. I plan to upgrade the headlight bulbs immediately. Any suggestions on the bulbs/settings that will help me without causing any vehicle warranty problem?

Next week the Airavat will have to take an ultimate test to earn the respect of the family. Mumbai- Goa highway; that too in peak Ganapati season. I will post my experience of that journey. Also hoping to start my ownership thread around that time.
Simba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 10:33   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
- I was getting a feeling that the air is getting obstructed. It was noticable between 80 to 120kmph speed. Any idea what can be done to detect the exact cause and take care of it?
Thats mostly because of overhead luggage carrier and luggage on it if any. Nothing much can be done except that you will have to adjust your luggage and cover with a tarpaulin such that it makes as much slope as possible to reduce the air drag. The dynamics of any vehicle will change the moment we add external things like luggage on a carrier or additional weight. Its normal. Be careful of not to speed beyond what you can manage in the changed dynamics scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
- I felt that the headlights( both low and high beem) are significantly underpower. Especially if you are driving on highway, the length and intensity of the throw is not that great. I plan to upgrade the headlight bulbs immediately. Any suggestions on the bulbs/settings that will help me without causing any vehicle warranty problem?
Not much felt so far on my all highway drives but upgrading to Philips ExtremeVision H7, 130% bulbs would do just fine! No warranty issues if you replace the bulbs with exact same wattage and better performance.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed