Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 22:46   #451
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Has anyone tried adding the brushed metal to the XUV bumpers as in Mercedes SUV's to the bumpers? IMO it looks classy.

Attached a pic for reference:
Attached Images

Old 15th August 2015, 22:45   #452
BHPian

I had posted this question in another thread too, but didn't get answer:

Is there a way to change the default volume for the incoming call when your phone is paired with infotainment system in the new XUV w8/w10? It is quite loud and the ringing volume can be reduced by turning down the volume, but it cannot be set to default. Next time you get a call, it is loud again. Not sure if there was some setting in old gen XUV though, atleast in my w10 I couldn't find a way to do this.

Last edited by Indian : 15th August 2015 at 22:46.
Old 15th August 2015, 23:37   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Does XUV really give the confidence to plan a trouble free long trip? I have been closely following all XUV threads in particular and the niggles/issues reported by users seems to be growing even in the new age XUV.

I had shortlisted XUV as my next upgrade along with City and Ciaz. Everytime I read the user comments on XUV my interest in owning a XUV appears to be gradually reducing. I don't think anyone would want to spend sleepless nights fixing niggles after spending a fortune. On the contrary the threads on Ciaz and City are totally niggle free.

I really hope M&M streamlines the quality check and ensure the product is top notch to keep the prospective buyers motivated.
I have driven 10.5k in about 2 months. The car is awesome, comfortable, can be driven at high speeds, stable while changing lanes.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 08:56   #454
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post

Is there a way to change the default volume for the incoming call when your phone is paired with infotainment system in the new XUV w8/w10? It is quite loud and the ringing volume can be reduced by turning down the volume, but it cannot be set to default. Next time you get a call, it is loud again. Not sure if there was some setting in old gen XUV though, atleast in my w10 I couldn't find a way to do this.
There is a Sound Settings option somewhere in the menu which allows you to control volume when calling is going on through bluetooth. Don't recall exactly where is the menu option, but its there for sure.

Let me see if I can click a pic and share
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 16:35   #455
BHPian

Hii just wanted to know if it's true that the xuv is not available in the Silver and red colors in the awd variant in the face-lift vehicle. Was it the case in the pre-facelift xuv as well and is there any logic to this. Doesn't make sense.
Old 16th August 2015, 21:05   #456
BHPian

Today I was about to park my XUV fwd on the side of a road in Kochi, and unfortunately and due to my carelessness the front left wheel got into the drainage where a slab was missing. That part of the car was resting with the side steps jammed against the edge of the slab. I turned the wheel the opposite side and tried to go forward as the front right wheel had traction. There was nothing but wheel spin. Got help of couple of guys to lift that side of the car and then tried moving forward. Still only wheelspin. Then it came to me and i disabled the ESP and then tried again with people pushing. This time car gained traction and moved forward. It was one hell of a moment for me. The car had clocked only 2000kms.
Can anyone explain this? How did turning off esp get me out of that mess? Isn't esp supposed to give more power to the wheel with good traction?
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:56   #457
BHPian

Hello everyone. wanted to thank TeamBHP for helping me overcome my doubts and go ahead and buy the XUV 500. Bought a white W8. its been 6 weeks and its already been to Leh and back. 5600 kms done already.

The forum prepared me for the niggles and thus there were no moments of panic and I can truly say that the vehicle is built for the road. Its a complete treat to drive. i will upload the ownership thread and the leh travelogue as soon as possible so that i may be of assistance to someone as so many of you were to me.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150727_111304_richtonehdr.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150816_070038_lls.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150816_181322.jpg  

ayon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 23:25   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
Hello everyone. wanted to thank TeamBHP for helping me overcome my doubts and go ahead and buy the XUV 500. Bought a white W8. its been 6 weeks and its already been to Leh and back. 5600 kms done already.

The forum prepared me for the niggles and thus there were no moments of panic and I can truly say that the vehicle is built for the road. Its a complete treat to drive. i will upload the ownership thread and the leh travelogue as soon as possible so that i may be of assistance to someone as so many of you were to me.
Congratulations ayon on the new cheetah. I plan to buy the XUV in a few months just awaiting the autobox . I liked the white the most on the new xuv. Most suv's look their best in white. Eagerly awaiting your ownership report and especially the beautiful shoes, would love to know more. They're complimenting the white suv well. Wish you many happy miles.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:57   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Can anyone explain this? How did turning off esp get me out of that mess? Isn't esp supposed to give more power to the wheel with good traction?
There is a very good link on the ESP and XUV by Bosch on youtube. Referred in this thread on earlier posts too. When the ESP is enabled, the additional braking and traction on the wheels is system controlled. When the front wheel of your car was stuck and acceleration input made it spin for a while, WSP must have thought you are in some sort of traction loss moment and braking it with it's own complex brain. I think you did a correct thing by switching off the ESP. This can also happen int the minor slushy roads too even if you are going slow.
Old 17th August 2015, 12:45   #460
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ayon, are the alloys on your beast the stock ones painted in black or are they offered by M&M in black color too. I am not a fan of chrome and looking for matte black alloys for my XUV. Your XUV gives a fair idea about how the vehicle would look with matte black alloys.
Old 17th August 2015, 14:23   #461
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
There is a Sound Settings option somewhere in the menu which allows you to control volume when calling is going on through bluetooth. Don't recall exactly where is the menu option, but its there for sure.

Let me see if I can click a pic and share
Sorry, I seem to have a false memory of having seen that option somewhere in the menu. Went through the infotainment system menu again today and could not find any such option.

BTW, are you talking about old XUV or new XUV?
Old 17th August 2015, 14:44   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

I think its new one he is referring to. He mentions W10. Variant specific to new range or sure.

I have checked the sound settings in my new one as well. No such settings specifically for bluetooth volume.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 14:56   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

BTW, are you talking about old XUV or new XUV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I think its new one he is referring to. He mentions W10. Variant specific to new range or sure.
SDP, Abirnale : Yes, it is W10 variant which I have. Thanks a ton for checking your respective units to find a solution. Alas, there are certain limitations we all have to live with. Anyways, am planning to check if service guys can adjust that default volume when I go for my first service.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 15:37   #464
Senior - BHPian

Did anybody manage to receive any discounts/offers/freebies with the facelifted XUV ?

Quote:
Hello everyone. wanted to thank TeamBHP for helping me overcome my doubts and go ahead and buy the XUV 500. Bought a white W8.

Congrats Ayon !
That`s one of the best looking XUV`s iv seen till date, simple and clean without any extra chrome or unnecessary (suv) add-ons. Was wondering how fortuner type dark alloys would look on this car and boy they look amazing !
Old 17th August 2015, 16:03   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Hi Ayon, are the alloys on your beast the stock ones painted in black or are they offered by M&M in black color too. I am not a fan of chrome and looking for matte black alloys for my XUV. Your XUV gives a fair idea about how the vehicle would look with matte black alloys.
Hi Ritesh. I got the stick alloys painted. The colour is gunmetal grey. The same as fortuner. I had vacillated between matt black, metallic black and gun metal grey. But in the end went with this
ayon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks