Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 19:39   #406
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
A bit of a bummer. Seems like the stray dogs in my area have taken a liking for the beast too. ..In the meantime, can someone tell me if there is any natural or other spray which can be applied to repel the dogs.
Feel your pain bro. Strays in my area took a liking to my yellow Continental GT, have to keep my bike covered.

One thing you can try is to take couple of transparent bottles/container, fill it with Ujala Blue and keep one on the bonnet and other on the roof.

Read about it here and in team-bhp here.

I can't vouch for its effectiveness though
Old 1st August 2015, 21:17   #407
BHPian

Thanks for the response @sumithb, but I dont think this would work as my car is parked at a very dark place. Any paint safe sprays? All those ultrasonic devices available on indian websites are good for nothing according to their reviews. My heart bleeds everytime I see that new art work designed by their claws on a 15 days old vehicle. Gosh, they will soon turn an animal lover into a hater :[
Old 1st August 2015, 21:23   #408
BHPian

Quote:
A bit of a bummer.
========P.S - car cover is not an option as they get more aggresive and tear it apart in a night or two
Vinegar acts as a repellant for the dogs , might try spraying that around the car. Normally used to potty train the pet dogs , worth a try .
Old 2nd August 2015, 01:19   #409
BHPian

I did spread some vinegar all around the bonnet area, where they climb from. To my dismay, found the pug marks again in the morning. They must have simply jumped over the 'lakshman rekha' and occupied the roof :[
Old 2nd August 2015, 10:51   #410
BHPian

Quote:
I did spread some vinegar all around the bonnet area, where they climb from. To my dismay, found the pug marks again in the morning. They must have simply jumped over the 'lakshman rekha' and occupied the roof :[
Most recommend citrus based repellants. Prevention is the best cure. Get a car cover with elastics so that it can't be removed easily. Or if possible, find another parking space nearby. Stray dogs are a menace but one has to be careful so that they don't get hurt.

On a lighter note, should write to Mahindra to include a dog repellant feature in XUV
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:06   #411

Just a thought, how about dousing the cover with Vinegar.
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:09   #412
BHPian

Hi guys, I had a question in mind for more technical members here. How important is Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation for a car like XUV 500?? I want to buy w6 and W6 doesn't have this feature. How important is it for a car like XUV500??

W6 & W8 has almost 2L difference. And the thing that keeps me pushing away from W6 is Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation.

Please share your inputs.
ankit_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:31   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Hi guys, I had a question in mind for more technical members here. How important is Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation for a car like XUV 500?? I want to buy w6 and W6 doesn't have this feature. How important is it for a car like XUV500??

W6 & W8 has almost 2L difference. And the thing that keeps me pushing away from W6 is Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation.

Highly recommended to go for W8 for the kind of exceptional safety features it offer, if you can enhance your budget for it. Don't think having more electronic gadgetary will increase chances of failure. It is now untrue for XUV these days.
Alternately, search youtube for XUV + ESP videos to get better insight of its functionality. ESP as important as ABS in a torque monster XUV.
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:13   #414
BHPian

Quote:
I did spread some vinegar all around the bonnet area, :[
I understand the pain.

There are two ways that could work; but a continuous effort would be required! Spray vinegar (not a thin line, but a wider one) all around the car and also sprinkle chilly powder around the car, again a broader one. Keep the work for 2-3 weeks irrespective of dogs climbing on the car the previous day. Slowly the trouble would end.
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:57   #415
BHPian

@mark_iv, bang on bro, I did precisely the same thing going by my instincts. Sprayed the vinegar on the cover. I guess cover causes much lighter scratches which can be taken care of, only by polishing Unlike the deeper ones caused by those claws. Anyways, it does seem that the dogs didnt climb on it last night. Need to do that for few more days to be sure.
Old 4th August 2015, 10:01   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My initial ownership thread is almost ready. Just not getting the time to do the final formatting on laptop and post it here. Will be unveiling my "Silver Mystique" very soon guys !
Saar, when is your initial review coming out, been waiting for a while.
And hope you get a solution for the friendly dog related problem too.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 10:47   #417
BHPian

Quote:

I am in same dilemma. It also puts me off to see W6 has no fog lamps. Though fog lamps can be installed later, ESP is something that is making me think. What worries me is the car this sizes if looses traction will be difficult to control for sure.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 12:56   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I am in same dilemma. It also puts me off to see W6 has no fog lamps. Though fog lamps can be installed later, ESP is something that is making me think. What worries me is the car this sizes if looses traction will be difficult to control for sure.
Last week on my return trip from Bangalore, I was driving at 120 kmph on the highway and just as I was crossing a break in the median, a guy on a two wheeler suddenly who was stationery till this time, suddenly started his vehicle and came in my way. I swerved left and back right in a matter of seconds and the vehicle remained solidly in control.

I would definitely recommend ESP as a must have safety feature.
oberyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 18:09   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Ankit, I had the same query. I wanted to get W6 mainly for better reliability and budget, but later on stretched to W8 keeping in mind all the safety and addl features that W8 offered for 2 lac. You get side/curtain airbags, ESP, alloys, leather seats, touchscreen infotainment, hill descent/hold and few more which are totally worth the 2 lac extra. touch wood so far in the last 4months of owning the car its been relatively niggle free other than few minor rattles. So if budget is non issue, choose W8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
Last week on my return trip from Bangalore, I was driving at 120 kmph on the highway and just as I was crossing a break in the median, a guy on a two wheeler suddenly who was stationery till this time, suddenly started his vehicle and came in my way. I swerved left and back right in a matter of seconds and the vehicle remained solidly in control.

ESP is the only thing that can save you in such situations. Even though ABS is very useful and gives directional control, but for SUVs which have higher center of gravity stability can be an issue. ESP would surely make a big difference.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 09:40   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberyn View Post

ESP with rollover mitigation is definitely a must. Good to hear it saved you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks