Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 13:39   #256
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
@rajeVenu, By the way, there are two more twitter handles i got messages from, in response to that tweet to mr. Anand. One was @xuv500 and other was something starting with mahindra. I had installed twitter only for this and uninstalled it afterwards. So could not check the handles. I am sure you can find both if you search for them on the lil birdie.
Some important Twitter handles from Mahindra - The official twitter handle for XUV is @MahindraXUV500, Chief marketing officer of the Auto Division Vivek Nayer @Vivek_Nayer, President of automotive division Pavan Goenka @GoenkaPk and of course Anand can be reached at @anandmahindra.
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 18:13   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hey Prashanth, you are still waiting for the car to be allotted? It's been a month now right, and I am sure you should not be charged a single penny extra. Put your foot down and tell him you will not pay and if he still insists tell you will cancel the booking. Also send an email to customer care and tweet to Anand mahindra.
I am still waiting, I was told the billing happened yesterday and the batch is expected to reach Bangalore by 11th and I'll have to fit in the PDI next week and couple of days for the accessories fitting. I am hoping I'll have the car mid next week. Paid full amount including loan approval and it's been close to a month now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Hi storme_on_d_way,
Please PM the twitter handle of anand mahindra, any other mail id you have of mahindra higher ups.
Regards
Quote:
I only had to shoot an email to - customercare@mahindra.com And a tweet on his official twitter handle '@anandmahindra'. Anyways, one more known person on another forum faced absolutely same issue. He followed the same protocol as I did and result was precisely the same. Got a call from Sr. Regional head who assured him of price protection and a follow up call from the S.A head who confirmed the same. Seems like dealers are merely trying to dupe the customers in the garb of this price hike, which technically should apply on the cars billed to the dealers after the hike-date.
Tweet @Mahindra XUV500, all tweets to @anandmahindra on XUV is being responded by @Mahindra XUV500 and they asked me for my location and number with a quick prompt response within minutes. I am yet to get a call back. I'll wait for couple of days and will follow up again.
I had stayed away from twitter all these days. Opened one and my first tweet was to get a #priceprotection.
My handle is @BMPrash and you may want to retweet and let them know that there are enough outcrys for #priceprotection
Prash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 00:47   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
Hi folks,

My purple cheetah came home few weeks back. In fact on 10th June. But my membership got approved just today only .

[/b]
Congrats on your possession Maneesh. . I have also booked W10 fwd from the same dealer which i believe is TVS Karamana.
Any tips regarding the dealer, bargains on insurance etc?
I believe you have opted for no deprecation insurance.
Did you get to do a PDI on the vehicle?
Old 12th July 2015, 00:17   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Congrats on your possession Maneesh. . I have also booked W10 fwd from the same dealer which i believe is TVS Karamana.
Any tips regarding the dealer, bargains on insurance etc?
I believe you have opted for no deprecation insurance.
Did you get to do a PDI on the vehicle?
Thanks & Congrats avi@98

Yes the dealer is TVS, Karamana. Unfortunately, as we don't have any other dealers over here they don't give any discounts or chances to bargain. For my ride, they didn't gave any offer, not even a keychain .

Initially I opted for insurance from HDFC, which quoted 45K for Bumber to Bumber. Later came to know that dealer is providing the same from Oriental for 40K and finalized that one. Didn't go for any bargain in that, as I couldn't find a lesser deal.

Reg. PDI, Yes I did it on the day before delivery, after all the accessories are fitted. Downloaded the PDI checklist from Team BHP and went through that multiple times to keep stuffs in mind as I felt bit shy to take a printout and do an official PDI. Asked them for giving a demo on features and checked other stuffs along-with . However I couldn't take it out for a test drive.

PS: In your insurance document, make sure of the model name. In mine, they kept as W8 AWD as they don't have the new model name in their system. So made them do the correction in the originals and got "Correction Approved".
Old 12th July 2015, 22:47   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
Thanks & Congrats avi@98
Thank you Maneesh.MK. I am going for a PDI this monday. Will post the experience later.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2015 at 23:04. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 13th July 2015, 13:09   #261
BHPian

Thank you to all of you for such a detailed review. I have booked a XUV W8 FWD with NBS International, Andheri. I should get the delivery by coming Monday.

I havent done my PDI yet.

I would like to know what you guys think about the following : -

1. Tyres -
The Sales rep told me that the car may come with either MRF / Apollo / Bridgestone tyres. When i enquired if i had a choice to choose then i was told that it is not possible as the it comes factory fitted and the agency cannot change it. Any suggestion on what i can do?

2. Car Horn -
The sound of the horn is very weak and does not go with the image of the car that i have in mind. Could you suggest an alternative?

3. 3M Paint protective film -
I have bought a black car and considering the mumbai traffic i want to put this film but does it really work? Also besides the bumpers, rear view mirrors and the bonnet do i need to put it any where else?

Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 13:52   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
2. Car Horn -
The sound of the horn is very weak and does not go with the image of the car that i have in mind. Could you suggest an alternative?
XUV's horn sounds weak inside the cabin due to the good sound insulation. Even I was deceived when my car was new.

Stand outside and ask someone else to honk, you will hear the actual sound!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 13:55   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Tyres -
The Sales rep told me that the car may come with either MRF / Apollo / Bridgestone tyres. When i enquired if i had a choice to choose then i was told that it is not possible as the it comes factory fitted and the agency cannot change it. Any suggestion on what i can do?
Answered earlier in this thread - buy new pair and replace immediately if and only if you are going for something very very good. I have Apollo, done 1500 Kms so far, no issues whatsoever. Bridgestone are best in available lot but there isn't anything you can do other than replacing with your choice of tyres.

Quote:
2. Car Horn -
Bad idea in my personal opinion. Stick with the stock one. Its pretty loud.

Quote:
I have bought a black car and considering the mumbai traffic i want to put this film but does it really work? Also besides the bumpers, rear view mirrors and the bonnet do i need to put it any where else?
Personally not used the films, so not sure.

Are you considering the mirror on the bonnet? Did not get your question clearly. But that may spoil the look of the car - but again it's subjective.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 14:26   #264
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your booking buddy See my replies below,

Quote:
1. Tyres -
I don't think XUV's come with MRF, not even a single car I have seen with them. And there will be multiple cars with bridgestone tyres, hence when you go for the PDI choose the car which has bridgestone tyres and do a PDI on that car. I am sure there will couple of them at least for you to choose.

The dealer cannot change the tyres on the car, but definitely he can allot you a car which you choose.

Quote:
2. Car Horn -
As others mentioned, XUV has a loud horn which is not heard to that extent when you are seated inside. It is the best when you hear it from outside. If you still din't like it, go for the Hella Red grill horns which should cost you around 1200/- INR.

Quote:
I had seen a black Santa-fe in one of the 3M centers here and there was a deep scratch on the bonnet, I was like it's gone and the bonnet has to be redone entirely. But trust me I was in for a surprise when they peeled off the PPF, it was literally new with not even a single dust particle. I would recommend you should go for it and its VFM. Even I am planning on my car for bumpers and bonnet very soon.

Hope this helps

Last edited by fusionbang : 13th July 2015 at 14:41. Reason: Removing bold content and making it quoted.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 15:20   #265
BHPian

Thanks a lot for a great review, I am getting the delivery of a Silver W10 non AWD today and experiencing that moment of euphoria while in pursuit of happiness

PDI done as of yesterday, the tug of war of getting the best insurance quote still on.

Quote:
Ok, Good news: last night, I had shot an email to the customer care and tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra. Got a call from their sales head today in the morning and was told that I would be charged the same price which prevailed at the time of booking. Infact, they have taken this decision for all Xuv500 customers who would book the car till 30th of this month. Seems like what I heard about Mahindra ASS was absolutely true. They actually go out of their way to help customers. Kudos
Thanks for sharing, when you say 30th of this month, is it the month of July or is it June ?

Last edited by Eddy : 13th July 2015 at 15:44. Reason: Merged
Old 13th July 2015, 15:51   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Not recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I had seen a black Santa-fe in one of the 3M centers here and there was a deep scratch on the bonnet, I was like it's gone and the bonnet has to be redone entirely. But trust me I was in for a surprise when they peeled off the PPF, it was literally new with not even a single dust particle. I would recommend you should go for it and its VFM. Even I am planning on my car for bumpers and bonnet very soon.
sumithb had mentioned 3M does not suggest PPF for white cars but how about silver colored cars? I am wondering if Silver color also can get yellowish since its a lighter color.
Old 13th July 2015, 16:46   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
sumithb had mentioned 3M does not suggest PPF for white cars but how about silver colored cars? I am wondering if Silver color also can get yellowish since its a lighter color.
PPF on silver color should not be a problem Prashanth. I have it in my car for door edges and and you cannot make it out until you are close to it. But I need to wait and see if it does so in long term. My personal opinion is it should not turn yellowish.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 16:59   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Are you considering the mirror on the bonnet? Did not get your question clearly.
Looking at more answers above, understood the question now. Pardon my ignorance.

It may be worth suggesting a detailing session that has paint protection with something long lasting. It's usually the bumpers and doors that bear the brunt of gap squeezing bikers/ rage happy drivers. So in such cases to avoid smaller scratches, the PPF may be helpful. I have personally neither done it nor seen. it would help if someone has any pics of before/ after or shares the real experience.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th July 2015, 18:23   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
PPF on sliver should not be a problem.

The dealer did suggest not to get PPF done on white, however after looking at my car (Pearl White) he was in two minds since its not really milky white. I have taken a chance and got it done for four corners of the bumper and the OVRMs (was a 5K call).

If you are willing to wait for couple of years you will get a first hand report
sumithb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 23:52   #270
BHPian

Got my Cheetah today... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-new-age.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks