Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 17:40   #346
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Thank you Sathya. Waiting for your review
I've posted the link few posts above, don't want to repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post

Ok guys, need some advice on this incident:
My music system was on when the car was running suddenly it decided to go off!(entire infotainment display was off except the reverse camera) and it would never turn on, even after me re-starting the car(engine) multiple times. Switched off the car and after an hour i turned the IGNITION on and then i pressed the clutch and turned on the engine and the music resumed including the display with "Mahindra rise". This happened 4 more times in the same day!
I didn't notice it but in general, taking the key out of the slot, wait for a moment, insert and see if it works - this method works for many hang scenarios (but each issue is different).
Old 24th July 2015, 19:19   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Congratulations Amarjeetphukan for BLACK BEAST. Post some more images of your vehicle. I like the the black color most in XUV and i think it is the first New age BLACK XUV500 among the BHPians.
Thanks Nilay. Give me some time, I would like to take her out of the city for spin and then take pictures. And i love the black colour.
Old 24th July 2015, 20:08   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
Got deliver of my Black W8 FWD "Monster"
Congratulations Amarjeet Cheetah looks menacing in black and happy ownership

Quote:
Fusionbang - why do you suggest waiting for 6 months? As the 3M guy insists on getting it done when the car is new? I am not sure either of getting this done.
Since it's a new car the charm is always there and adding a paint sealant would improve it slightly. IMO let the new car charm be there for at-least 6 months and it would have started losing the glossy shine slowly, getting a paint sealant at that point of time would make sense.

Basically paint sealant is nothing more than a polymer-based car "wax" that seals better and lasts longer than traditional waxes. 3M guys actually promote everything to be done on the car to get the business, but you should be careful while getting it done. Instead I would suggest you to go with paint protection film for front and rear bumpers, door edges and bonnet.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 21:46   #349
Senior - BHPian

First niggle up for my car (Not really a niggle but surely an issue), And it is the One hour mode, For me it is't working. Car is due for the 5k km checkup soon, So will get it done that time, I guess they might have forgotten to activate it or something. Weird!
Old 25th July 2015, 06:02   #350
BHPian

Got the delivery of pearl white W10 (FWD) yesterday. I have a question on the keyless operation. When I come out of the car and lock, all the doors get locked except the back/boot door. It gets locked only when the "keyless" key is almost 15 meters away from the car. The feature guy in show room explained this as a feature (or known issue?). I find it bit weird why should a door be still unlocked when I lock the car? Doesn't feel safe to leave anything in the car. What if I'm talking to someone 10 meters away and anyone can just open the boot door and get in to the car or take away anything... Any one has this niggle and any possible solution?
Old 25th July 2015, 10:38   #351
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Nice What was the total area covered using the mats. Post some pics please.

For my XUV it was 33 sqft and I was billed Rs 8250/- including labor and tax. I am under an impression that 3M charges the same across the country, but how come it is less in your case
fusionbang, which 3M outlet did you get the Nomad Mats work done in Bangalore?
Old 25th July 2015, 12:30   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations Amarjeet Cheetah looks menacing in black and happy ownership

Since it's a new car the charm is always there and adding a paint sealant would improve it slightly. IMO let the new car charm be there for at-least 6 months and it would have started losing the glossy shine slowly, getting a paint sealant at that point of time would make sense.

Basically paint sealant is nothing more than a polymer-based car "wax" that seals better and lasts longer than traditional waxes. 3M guys actually promote everything to be done on the car to get the business, but you should be careful while getting it done. Instead I would suggest you to go with paint protection film for front and rear bumpers, door edges and bonnet.
Thanks for the feedback.
On the paint protection film, i have got the zero deprication insurance free with my car. So i was thinking of using it before the year ends if there are any scratches etc. Post which i would put the film. What do you think?
Old 25th July 2015, 13:47   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
fusionbang, which 3M outlet did you get the Nomad Mats work done in Bangalore?
It is RMV extension outlet, near rammaiah college. Mr Amit is very professional and he gave me ppf for door edges free as a bhpian.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.
On the paint protection film, i have got the zero deprication insurance free with my car. So i was thinking of using it before the year ends if there are any scratches etc. Post which i would put the film. What do you think?
I would not recommend using your insurance for minor scratches and stuff, why would you want to lose on your NCB. If you are not claiming, there will a 20% NCB for you on the next year's insurance where you can again buy a 0 depreciation insurance for the amount of normal insurance.

Adding PPF now will maintain the originality of your car.

Last edited by fusionbang : 25th July 2015 at 14:07.
Old 25th July 2015, 18:23   #354
BHPian

Guys,

Finally graduated to my Silver W6 last Friday. 16 years is what it took to move over my 1999 Santro DX.

"Duma, Sita, Purple Cheetah, Wolverine, Optimus Prime, Silver Cougar.... and a lot more" is what inspired me to take a plunge.

Got all accessories fitted from the dealer before taking the delivery
1. Side steps
2. Reverse parking camera with GPS - Garmin
3. Magnetic Shades
4. Art leather seat covers
5. Body cover

OTR - 15.57 L(Spoke to Bangalore Sales Head from Mahindra and got a price protection of 10 K) + Accessories worth 47K

Initial Impressions after 500 km on ODO in the last 1 week - A lot has been discussed so I'll try to keep it concise

The Good
1. Love the surge, the drive and the ogle
2. A comfortable 5 seat SUV. Flexible option to move to a 6 or 7 seat SUV.
3. Power delivery
4. Buying experience with Anant cars - Although I had to wait for one month and had to push the case through Sales Head Bangalore from Mahindra the SA, Sales Manager with Anant Motors were always courteous and helpful. I am hoping the service remains pleasant as well.
5. Cruise
6. Start and Stop - Love it in Bangalore traffic
7. Life starts at night - The blue lounge lighting and illuminations in the dashboard

The Bad
1. The driver side window rattles at a very specific position but if i move it a little up or down, it vanishes

The ugly
1. The notchy 2nd gear especially while going down from 3rd to 2nd than 1st to 2nd. Looks like it has a natural tendency to pull towards the neutral between 3rd and 4th during the gear shift
2. Occasional 1st and reverse gear being notchy
3. I am 5' 8'', I would have preferred the clutch ply to be a little shorter but managed to find a sweet seating position for now.
4. Once - The gear notchiness resulted in the gear getting slotted to 4th instead of 2nd and the rpm was too low and the engine stalled and failed to start for about 30 seconds. I had to switch off the ignition and switch on again. Lesson learnt on how to slot to the 2nd gear now. Needs a bit of effort.

I plan to have the Bad and Ugly reviewed during the first service.

3M - RMV, Bangalore Experience
I got the PPF done after talking to Amit, the owner. The staff is super good in their workmanship.
The service advisor was courteous enough to explain all the services they provide. Attached are a few pictures of the PPF work and the Pricing list.

Car detailing Products
The first thing I remember when I think of car detailing products is Mudhalaipatti and his red Sita. Oh man, was that love?

Although I am not as detailed as Mudhalaipatti, I decided to buy a few. All from Amazon
1. 3M dashboard dresser
2. Formula 1 Premium wash and wax
Armor All Leather car gel
3. Jopasu duster
4. Meguiars' microfiber magnet drying towel
5. Belink Universal charger - Although not part of car detailing list

Finally, some pics All pics were taken on a gloomy evening on my mobile so kindly excuse the image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image1.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image2.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image3.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image4.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image5.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image6.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image7.jpeg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_4788.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_4789.jpg  

Prash22 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 20:56   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Guys,

Finally graduated to my Silver W6 last Friday. 16 years is what it took to move over my 1999 Santro DX.
Congrats @Prash22. Wish you thousands of happy miles ahead

Quote:
3M - RMV, Bangalore Experience
I got the PPF done after talking to Amit, the owner. The staff is super good in their workmanship.
The service advisor was courteous enough to explain all the services they provide. Attached are a few pictures of the PPF work and the Pricing list.
I see the price list says 532 for PPF. Assuming that is per sq ft rate. What was the total cost and what was covered ? Was it just the front and rear bumper ?
Old 25th July 2015, 22:34   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Finally graduated to my Silver W6 last Friday.
Congratulations Prashanth😊 finally you got your car after a long wait and wish you a long lasting ownership with the cheetah.

Also what all you got done at 3M. How much did it cost overall?
Old 25th July 2015, 22:51   #357
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Got the delivery of pearl white W10 (FWD) yesterday. I have a question on the keyless operation. When I come out of the car and lock, all the doors get locked except the back/boot door. It gets locked only when the "keyless" key is almost 15 meters away from the car. The feature guy in show room explained this as a feature (or known issue?). I find it bit weird why should a door be still unlocked when I lock the car? Doesn't feel safe to leave anything in the car. What if I'm talking to someone 10 meters away and anyone can just open the boot door and get in to the car or take away anything... Any one has this niggle and any possible solution?

The new age XUV500 has 3 trigger switches for the Passive Keyless Entry system - 1 each on the front doors and one on the tail door. Touching any one of these trigger switches, with the remote in range, will unlock the doors. So this is not specific to the tail door only and is not a niggle. The doors will not unlock once you (along with remote) are approx 0.7 m away from vehicle.
Old 25th July 2015, 23:14   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

OTR - 15.57 L(Spoke to Bangalore Sales Head from Mahindra and got a price protection of 10 K) + Accessories worth 47K
Hi, when you say about the 10k price protection, did you book the car in advance in June or just bought the car right away and got the price protection? The reason I'm asking is I was looking to buy a W10 here in HP but the dealer is denying anything about the price protection and saying I'll have to pay 20k extra.
Old 26th July 2015, 08:15   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
The doors will not unlock once you (along with remote) are approx 0.7 m away from vehicle.
Yeah, this works charmingly for front two doors. Even if you are just a meter away, you can't open the lock.

But for the rear door, even if I'm away (with the key in my pocket, almost 15 meters away), in line of sight of the car from back, my friend could open the rear door

If I'm standing in the front near the bonnet, you can't open the rear door, however once I move on the back of car, rear passive entry unlock button gets activated till I was about 15 meters away, which is alarming. I'm not sure if fellow BHPians who have W10 experienced this too or is it just my car?

Last edited by Indian : 26th July 2015 at 08:16.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 11:10   #360
BHPian

I am yet to get delivery of my W8 AWD and couldn't get my hands on the Infotainment User Manual. Need to know the media file types that are supported by the infotainment system and if there is any sub-folder level limitation (how many levels of sub-folders can it go in a USB drive?).
I was preparing a USB drive that I plan to use during the PDI to test the infotainment system, thus need these info.

Can anyone check the manual up for me? In case someone has the pdf version (they do not have it on the M&M website) please do share.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks