Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 20:30   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Ok, so basically in the previous model (and possibly non-W10 in current) there are three stages:
  1. Infotainment (powered by the battery)
  2. All Electronics (powered by the battery)
  3. Engine Ignition

W10 looses mode 1. Did not know this.

It might be a problem with my vehicle only, Its not yet confirmed though, I will callup a guy at the service center tomrrow to confirm it, Though the guy who came for the demo clearly said you need to have to battery or the car running to use the infotainment system.
Old 22nd July 2015, 20:39   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
It might be a problem with my vehicle only, Its not yet confirmed though, I will callup a guy at the service center tomrrow to confirm it, Though the guy who came for the demo clearly said you need to have to battery or the car running to use the infotainment system.
I would suggest you to call your RM and check(hope he is not the guy whom you spoke earlier), in case if he is not knowledgeable tell him to put you through a person who knows in detail. I think you would have received a visiting card of the person who will give demo of the car, it's better to call him and check.
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:02   #318
BHPian

Got delivery of our W10 FWD today evening. Hoping for a peaceful ownership.
avi@98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:32   #319
BHPian

I'm expecting my white leopard W10 on Friday. Bit worried about all the niggles posted in different threads and hoping that most of those obvious bugs are fixed in the new facelift.
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:48   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Congratulations avi@98 Wishing you happy miles with the cheetah. Now it's time for your initial ownership review.
Old 22nd July 2015, 22:24   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations avi@98 Wishing you happy miles with the cheetah. Now it's time for your initial ownership review.
Thank you fusionbang. The car will be with my dad mostly. Once i get my hands on it and use it for couple of days I'll think about the review.
First drive impressions.
1. Clutch travel was a bit on the higher side.
2. Excellent tractability from the mHawk. Much less downshifts required.
3. There is a bit of notchiness in the first and second gears. Nothing alarming though. Hope it gets smoothened as the numbers on the odo rises
4. Driver's seat is extremely comfortable. Not to mention excellent visibility all around
5. NVH is excellent for a large displacement diesel engine. In your face T Innova
More points to follow.
Just sharing a concern that arised in me. The W10 variant has only push start and no keyhole anywhere. So what if the system fails or the keyfob runs out of battery or even more likely, the push button gets damaged? How are we supposed to start the car?
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 23:05   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just sharing a concern that arised in me. The W10 variant has only push start and no keyhole anywhere. So what if the system fails or the keyfob runs out of battery or even more likely, the push button gets damaged? How are we supposed to start the car?
In General, these switches are tested for 5,00,000 clicks at the minimum, so they should really last a lifetime. In the event of failure, you may either push-start the car (risky) or have Mahindra custome care tow it to the nearest A.S.S.
Old 22nd July 2015, 23:42   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I would suggest you to call your RM and check(hope he is not the guy whom you spoke earlier), in case if he is not knowledgeable tell him to put you through a person who knows in detail. I think you would have received a visiting card of the person who will give demo of the car, it's better to call him and check.
I had actually called up the demo guy only, And that's what he told me, Ill call my Rm tomorrow and check it with him. I hope its a niggle and not the way it actually works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In General, these switches are tested for 5,00,000 clicks at the minimum, so they should really last a lifetime. In the event of failure, you may either push-start the car (risky) or have Mahindra custome care tow it to the nearest A.S.S.
There is a proper key inside in the key shell, Which can be removed by pressing a button on the side. I don't clearly remember the instructions given in the manual if the start/stop button or the key less entry stops working. I had read it very casually, I will do check it though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 01:37   #324

The W10 has a proper key in the key fob which can be removed by pressing the button on the side of the fob. Also the key hole is there on the right side as usual, just not illuminated as in the W8. U should be able to find it by removing the black plastic cover used to hide it.
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:21   #325
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagan87in View Post
The W10 has a proper key in the key fob which can be removed by pressing the button on the side of the fob. Also the key hole is there on the right side as usual, just not illuminated as in the W8. U should be able to find it by removing the black plastic cover used to hide it.
Please check the snap in the post below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3732712

There is no keyhole under the plastic cover.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd July 2015 at 07:40.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 08:31   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. SDP is right. I have tried this myself. Removed cover and checked whats inside. There is nothing else but just steering stuff!
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:26   #327
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Avi, happy motoring and welcome to the XUV family .
Old 23rd July 2015, 15:59   #328
BHPian

Congrats all for joining the XUV family !! I'm almost finishing up my review and will post soon.
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:10   #329
BHPian

A small update. Got the 3M nomad matting done from 3M store in kailash colony. The staff there is super courteous. Wanted to get the exteriors cleaned too but unfortunately their pressure washer was not working. Did vaccum cleaning of the entire interiors and cleaned the exteriors using a microfibre cloth, both complementary. Anyways, I was quoted 7050 including taxes for the Mats for my xuv. Got some discounts after talking to the manager Mr. kuldeep and finally paid Rs.6200 net. The fit, finish and feel is awesome. Also had a long friendly chat with the owner of this outlet, the pride of India : champion rally racer Mr. Gourav gill. Overall, a satisfying experience
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:36   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
A small update. Got the 3M nomad matting done from 3M store in kailash colony. The staff there is super courteous. Wanted to get the exteriors cleaned too but unfortunately their pressure washer was not working. Did vaccum cleaning of the entire interiors and cleaned the exteriors using a microfibre cloth, both complementary. Anyways, I was quoted 7050 including taxes for the Mats for my xuv. Got some discounts after talking to the manager Mr. kuldeep and finally paid Rs.6200 net. The fit, finish and feel is awesome. Also had a long friendly chat with the owner of this outlet, the pride of India : champion rally racer Mr. Gourav gill. Overall, a satisfying experience
Nice What was the total area covered using the mats. Post some pics please.

For my XUV it was 33 sqft and I was billed Rs 8250/- including labor and tax. I am under an impression that 3M charges the same across the country, but how come it is less in your case

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks