Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 20:12   #271
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I was just informed by my Sales Rep that the car allotted to me has Apollo Tyres :(. Further the Octroi of the car has been done and it is coming to the agency for registration. So my PDI happens at the agency. Hope for the same.
Old 14th July 2015, 22:00   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
I was just informed by my Sales Rep that the car allotted to me has Apollo Tyres :(. Further the Octroi of the car has been done and it is coming to the agency for registration. So my PDI happens at the agency. Hope for the same.
I dint understand why you agreed for that, the car should be sent for registration only after you do PDI and approve it to be invoiced in your name. What will you do if the car has uneven panel gaps or some part is not in the right place, I am sure the sales rep would say it is already invoiced and you have to live with it. I would recommend you to check the car at stockyard and then approve it for registration. Also you will get a chance to select a car which might have bridgestones on them.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:02   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Am I the only one not able to view this thread?
Old 14th July 2015, 23:25   #274
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Am I the only one not able to view this thread?
Even I am not able to see the thread. Must be taken off public view or shifted to Assembly line for adding pictures etc.
Old 15th July 2015, 01:10   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can put your foot down in these cases and refuse to take the car. In my last 3 cars I got the choice of tyres that the OEM offered and I wanted. NOrmally dealers dont create too much fuss over it. If your dealer is, then tell him that you will cancel and move to the next dealer.
Old 15th July 2015, 08:25   #276
BHPian

My thread is in assembly section, will add more reviews in a week and get back..
Old 15th July 2015, 08:44   #277
BHPian

Quote:
I have done 900 KMs on Apollo Apterra till date and I think they are a very decent set. The grip levels are good, I haven't heard them squeal till date and NVH is better than expected. I have experience with Michelin and Bridgestone (on my current and previous cars) and I think Apterra are very good value for money.

So do not let Apterra vs Dueller be a deal breaker for you. You should still go ahead and do the PDI for other stuff though.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 09:08   #278
BHPian

Let me clarify the car is coming to the showroom for me to conduct the PDI. Post which it will go to for registration. About the tyres, i am yet to figure what can be done. I have insisted on changing the tyres. They are yet to get back to me on what is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I dint understand why you agreed for that, the car should be sent for registration only after you do PDI and approve it to be invoiced in your name. What will you do if the car has uneven panel gaps or some part is not in the right place, I am sure the sales rep would say it is already invoiced and you have to live with it. I would recommend you to check the car at stockyard and then approve it for registration. Also you will get a chance to select a car which might have bridgestones on them.
Let me clarify, the car is coming to the showroom for me to do a PDI. It will go for registration after i approve of it. For the tyres i have spoken to the manager and insisted on the Bridgestone and they have said they will try. However it does not sound promising. I am doing my PDI tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th July 2015 at 09:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 15th July 2015, 12:31   #279

Quote:
@Sathya, Congrats! how do I access this section. It says I do not have sufficent rights
Old 15th July 2015, 16:22   #280
BHPian

Did the PDI for my purple W10 FWD today. Car had 23kms on the odometer and the sales advisor said it had arrived last night only. The cheetah had Bridgestone Dueller shoes (was happy to see it). Noticed a few panel gaps which was symmetrical and nothing alarming. Overall I was satisfied with the vehicle and gave a nod for registration. Will probably get the cheetah by wednesday. Happy!
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 17:25   #281
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends was offered Rs 50,000/- discount on the pre-facelift XUV W8 in Chennai.
Old 15th July 2015, 19:00   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
One of my friends was offered Rs 50,000/- discount on the pre-facelift XUV W8 in Chennai.

I think 50,000/- still isn't a good bargain, They should easily give anywere atleast above 70,000/- now. A few dealers in Mumbai too were offering 70k, They would have easily gone up another 10k to 20k.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 19:28   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I think 50,000/- still isn't a good bargain, They should easily give anywere atleast above 70,000/- now. A few dealers in Mumbai too were offering 70k, They would have easily gone up another 10k to 20k.
In Bangalore, I am hearing they're offering more discount than 50K.
sathya_nars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 00:05   #284

Got my membership approved a little while ago. So this is my first post, and it happens to be a day before I head off to do the pre-registration PDI of a Tuscan Red W6. I have armed myself with the team-bhp PDI check list and lot of knowledge gleaned from these pages and posts from learned members.
If everything works as planned, delivery should be mid next week.
chhandak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 11:00   #285
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, I am hearing they're offering more discount than 50K.
A month back, I was offered close to 1 lakh discount on their last pre-facelift W8 model. This was from Sireesh Auto. Sales rep even hinted that he can get a good exchange bonus. But i didnt go for it as the color available was WHITE and my family was not convinced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks