Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 00:34   #391
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

My initial ownership thread is almost ready. Just not getting the time to do the final formatting on laptop and post it here. Will be unveiling my "Silver Mystique" very soon guys !
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 06:16   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, It was actually because of the bonnet open only, I shut the bonnet really hard and tried locking the car from the request sensor and wola, It worked! But yes thats weird since i could hear only 3 chimes.
And so the saga of new age niggles begin?

I was seriously looking at XUV but after going through the experiences of all you brave test pilots one is wondering if XUV is niggle free
Old 30th July 2015, 08:44   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
And so the saga of new age niggles begin
Of course!

Glad it was just bonnet sensor. I was fearing steering lock issue to be the cause. That would have put the confidence down. But then the chime numbers 3 vs 5 vs 7 or whatever should be checked once with SA please. I am sure its some programming issue and nothing fatal but knowing what went wrong and why it was that way can put the issue to rest.
Old 30th July 2015, 12:12   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
My initial ownership thread is almost ready. Just not getting the time to do the final formatting on laptop and post it here. Will be unveiling my "Silver Mystique" very soon guys !

Awesome, Awaiting to read about your silver mystique.

Quote:

I was seriously looking at XUV but after going through the experiences of all you brave test pilots one is wondering if XUV is niggle free

Thanks to my previous Xuv i am pretty okay with such niggles, Just like before these are the small problems which might keep occuring. Just take a test drive, If you like it you buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Of course!

Glad it was just bonnet sensor. I was fearing steering lock issue to be the cause. That would have put the confidence down. But then the chime numbers 3 vs 5 vs 7 or whatever should be checked once with SA please. I am sure its some programming issue and nothing fatal but knowing what went wrong and why it was that way can put the issue to rest.

Yeah, The car locks fine right now, I have already driven the car for more than 3000 kms so after another 1k kms, Ill send the car for the 5k km servicing, Where i will mention this issue aswell.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 16:48   #395
BHPian

Quote:

Bro, xuv has been constantly worked upon by the M n M engineers. It is a vastly improved vehicle in every context if you compare it with the initially launched vehicle. Yet it is still far from perfect. Considering the fact that the technologies used by almost all the manufacturers are way too complex , virtually no product can be labelled as 'completely niggle free' now. The positive with xuv is that it over whelms one with its positives and we tend to over look the minor issues that are still left. I bought it recently and extremely satisfied with the purchase (touchwood). An extended warranty is a must and will give you the much required peace of mind. Cheers!
Old 30th July 2015, 20:07   #396
BHPian

Looks like I have hit the niggles jackpot in this forum.

Niggles so far:
  1. The thumb wheel of "second from left" AC Vent on the dashboard is stuck. The workshop is having trouble sourcing the part - Yet To Be Fixed
  2. There was a squeak coming from the handbrake, apparently its a common niggle - Fixed
  3. The right fender was not properly aligned with the A pillar. This has been corrected, however while fixing this the workshop has broken a clamp on the smaller cladding of the wheel arch. Have taken up the matter with Mahindra. I would say this is - Partially Fixed
  4. There's a squeak that appears after driving the car for few minutes. I was told that its from the rear hatch and so all the doors were greased. This has not fixed the niggle. My initial suspect was the second row seat, however after spending better part of an hour locating it along with my friend we have narrowed it down to somewhere below the vehicle between the rear tyres. Mine is an AWD, might be something to do with it - Yet To Be Fixed
  5. The smaller seat of the second row would not tumble forward. Apparently the cable was not connected - Fixed
  6. There's a teeny weeny sliver of an area near the inside edge of the right rear door that somehow does not have a coat of paint! Missed this during my PDI - Yet To Be Fixed
  7. This has happened twice, the bluetooth module of the Infotainment System would not turn on. Had to switch off the car for a minute. This solved the problem. This happened in the first couple of days of ownership, has not happened again. - Not Reproducible
  8. The steering wheel is slightly offset to the right and the vehicle pulls slightly to the left - Yet To Be Fixed

After escalation of the matter (first customer care, then Regional Customer Care Manager and then Head Customer Care) the Regional Customer Care Manager has suddenly become very active and has been in touch with me yesterday and today. He's going to send a technician home tomorrow to look into the issues (sourcing the AC Vent apparently is going to take another week )

Whatever else you say, there's never a dull moment with an XUV

Last edited by sumithb : 30th July 2015 at 20:09. Reason: Added steering wheel offset
sumithb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:22   #397
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Whatever else you say, there's never a dull moment with an XUV
Sumith, have to totally agree with your quote! However, you can't but totally love the 'Beast' when you see it and drive it!
Old 31st July 2015, 15:14   #398
Senior - BHPian

Hello XUV 5OO owners. I got a few queries for the W6 variant, hope some of you can shed light on the queries.

1. Looking at the W6 monochrome screen pic a member had posted pages prior, I see that the 6" screen actually has a small bezel around the screen area. Does this mean that we can fit the colored, navigation unit from the W8/W10 variants into the space available in W6?
2. Either with the existing monochrome screen (or) if Q1 above is possible, can the reverse camera with dynamic guidelines be retrofitted?
3. Does the face-lift W6 have reading lamps on 2nd row? Someone posted that it does?
4. Can tyre tronics be retrofitted? Is this feature a must have or a good-to-have?
5. Can power foldable ORVMs be retrofitted? This has become an important feature these days and would have been great if offered on W6 also.
6. What is the 'advance intelli park' feature? How does this work?

Apologies if this is too many questions, but I'm trying to evaluate the W6 as a potential next car (or SUV?), if the S-Cross pricing of 1.6 Alpha goes terribly wrong. Also even if it comes with an affordable range, I'm seriously considering a vehicle which has a raised seating position with lots of space and good gc. XUV seems to fit all of these very well at a not extremely exorbitant 12.6L (ex-showroom). It also doesn't drive or handle bad, which is amazing.

Thanks for your feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image.jpg  

Last edited by k_ajay : 31st July 2015 at 15:16.
Old 31st July 2015, 15:59   #399
BHPian

My search for new car started with S-Cross/Creta and ended with XUV even before the price was announced (for Creta). My consideration was good powerful engine, convenient to drive and ample space for 5 people - and it would have been a big compromise on each of these parameters if I had gone with Scross or Creta. So, if you like XUV, just go for it !!!
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 18:37   #400
Senior - BHPian

I'm yet to check out the XUV W6 in detail. Never have. It does look purposeful and features are good, but so is the S-Cross. I've already dismissed the Creta as a potential next car. The most important reason I am considering the XUV for, believe it or not, is the elevated/higher seating position. Sitting in a Scorpio once again recently, after a long while, reminded me the benefit of such a driving position.

For everything else you've mentioned, the S-Cross also makes a very good case for itself. Hence the conundrum. I will go see the XUV tomorrow. Have the feeling I'm unnecessarily messing with my mind.

Last edited by k_ajay : 31st July 2015 at 18:38.
Old 31st July 2015, 20:38   #401
BHPian

Have a question. I see the vehicle armed lamp blinking even after the vehicle is locked for a long time. It's been couple of hours and it's still blinking. It's not too fast. It's a blink for every one second or so.
Is this normal? Called the RM and she says it's normal when the immobiliser is activated and that's the way it functions. I haven't observed it earlier.
Should I be concerned ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hello XUV 5OO owners. I got a few queries for the W6 variant, hope some of you can shed light on the queries.

1. Looking at the W6 monochrome screen pic a member had posted pages prior, I see that the 6" screen actually has a small bezel around the screen area. Does this mean that we can fit the colored, navigation unit from the W8/W10 variants into the space available in W6?

No, I did check this with the sales advisor and the answer is no. Mahindra will not fit that for you. You might have to get it done outside.
2. Either with the existing monochrome screen (or) if Q1 above is possible, can the reverse camera with dynamic guidelines be retrofitted?
If above is yes then yes you should be able to.

3. Does the face-lift W6 have reading lamps on 2nd row? Someone posted that it does?
Yes

4. Can tyre tronics be retrofitted? Is this feature a must have or a good-to-have?

Not sure if it can be done.
5. Can power foldable ORVMs be retrofitted? This has become an important feature these days and would have been great if offered on W6 also.

I am hearing it can be the unit price is about 16k. I plan to check during my first service.
6. What is the 'advance intelli park' feature? How does this work?
These are the sensors and the infotainment screen will show you how far or close you are to am object in cms. It's only a sensor and not a camera.

Apologies if this is too many questions, but I'm trying to evaluate the W6 as a potential next car (or SUV?), if the S-Cross pricing of 1.6 Alpha goes terribly wrong. Also even if it comes with an affordable range, I'm seriously considering a vehicle which has a raised seating position with lots of space and good gc. XUV seems to fit all of these very well at a not extremely exorbitant 12.6L (ex-showroom). It also doesn't drive or handle bad, which is amazing.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 31st July 2015, 20:52   #402
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Should I be concerned ?
Absolutely normal. You should be concerned only if the indicator lamp does not flash.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-engineimmobilizer.jpg
  (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 07:36   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Absolutely normal. You should be concerned only if the indicator lamp does not flash.

Attachment 1397684
Thank you Ravi sir.

Am i reading the highlighted area properly, it says "The immobiliser system is activated when the key is removed from the ignition switch. the lamp will start flashing to show the system is set. contact mahindra if the indicator lamp remians on"

Also, wondering how does the indicator get power. Is it using the battery?
Old 1st August 2015, 07:54   #404
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Also, wondering how does the indicator get power. Is it using the battery?
Yes. If you don't want the indicator lamp flashing, you have to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.

Old 1st August 2015, 19:17   #405
BHPian

A bit of a bummer. Seems like the stray dogs in my area have taken a liking for the beast too. No matter how I park, they end up climbing it every night and leave those scratches all over the bonnet and roof. I could not get the paint protection either as it was not recommended in the monsoons since its raining almost every day here. Will be taking it to 3M to see how many scratches are superficial and can easily be removed. Looks like the primer has not been exposed so they can be removed with a bit of polishing and taking off a fraction of micron..In the meantime, can someone tell me if there is any natural or other spray which can be applied to repel the dogs. I am sure there must be smells that dogs dont come near to. Should be paint safe. Perfume, vinegar? Spreading vinegar solution around the car did not help as they jumped over it and again reached the top ( saw the pug marks this morning too) P.S - car cover is not an option as they get more aggresive and tear it apart in a night or two

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks