Old 29th August 2015, 20:37   #541
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Ok, so my beast is back from the workshop. Two things done:
  1. ECU remap
  2. Infotainment System software upgrade

After the remap, it seems like the engine is breathing easier in the lower rev range, the throttle response seems to be tad direct/quicker (again in the lower range). Haven't had the chance to take the beast on a highway run.

I am told the the Infotainment System upgrade is to fix various bugs people have reported (including yours truly). Lets see what they have managed to fix.
Can you tell me the version it's upgraded to?
Old 29th August 2015, 20:45   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Folks an FYI. I was told that the new age XUV W8 reverse camera accessory will not support showing camera view to the infotainment system till a software update is made. I just heard from Mahindra's Area Sales Manager that the software is ready and can be installed at the dealer. I will be taking the car to Sireesh Auto next week to get the reverse camera accessory fitted.
Hi all,
I finally got around to getting the reverse camera fitted. It is in the rear bumper (unlike the W10). The infotainment software has been updated by Sireesh. The camera does not have the dynamic guidelines (based on steering input) of the W10 either. But I am happy with the outcome.

Am attaching pics of the camera placement (rear bumper) and also how the video looks in the W8's infotainment system.

Also attached are a few pics of my XUV standing next to my other car (2012 Honda City EMT). I have an affinity for Silver cars (my Silver 2005 Acura TL - that I sold when I moved back to India in 2012 is also attached).
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1978.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1972.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1977.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1975.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-picture-005.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1971.jpg  

nd4$pd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 21:30   #543
BHPian

I have booked a XUV 500 W8 last week. Today when I went to dealer for PDI, the accessories guy informed me that it may not be possible to fit a reverse camera as it doesnt work with the display system. However saw nd4$pd post on camera installation

nd4$pd can you please share the details
Old 29th August 2015, 21:37   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I have booked a XUV 500 W8 last week. Today when I went to dealer for PDI, the accessories guy informed me that it may not be possible to fit a reverse camera as it doesnt work with the display system. However saw nd4$pd post on camera installation

nd4$pd can you please share the details

It certainly is possible to fit a reverse camera accessory and have it be displayed to the infotainment as you can see from the pics. A software update to the infotainment system is necessary. But the update is already available from Mahindra. Who is your dealer? I got it done at Sireesh auto in Bangalore. I had previously been in touch with the area sales manager who notified me promptly when the update became available.
Old 29th August 2015, 21:38   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
I finally got around to getting the reverse camera fitted. It is in the rear bumper (unlike the W10). But I am happy with the outattached).
The Silver cheetah is looking absolutely stunning and wondering why more face-lift xuv's aren't in the color. I want the same color too to match my ex car the Silver sx4.
Wanted to know if you can confirm that the w8/w10 AWD isn't available in Silver. What's the logic
Old 29th August 2015, 21:45   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
The Silver cheetah is looking absolutely stunning and wondering why more face-lift xuv's aren't in the color. I want the same color too to match my ex car the Silver sx4.

Wanted to know if you can confirm that the w8/w10 AWD isn't available in Silver. What's the logic

Mine is a W8 AWD. So it certainly is available in silver 😀
Old 30th August 2015, 15:35   #547

Quote:
I finally got around to getting the reverse camera fitted. It is in the rear bumper (unlike the W10).
How good is the protection for the camera in case of a "fender-bender" incident?

I recollect (perhaps incorrectly) that W10 has its camera fitted in the back door over the number plate area?
Old 30th August 2015, 17:34   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhendry View Post
How good is the protection for the camera in case of a "fender-bender" incident?

I recollect (perhaps incorrectly) that W10 has its camera fitted in the back door over the number plate area?

The camera is not protected at all. So someone hitting the back bumper is likely to damage the camera. Your understanding of the camera fitment for the W10 is correct.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 19:21   #549

I 'moved' my thoughts from the W10 to W8 as I found that the combination of the sun roof (that is a fluff feature for me) and seating view I like (to see the end of the bonnet - too many years of driving a Scorpio!) brought my head almost to touch the top - uncomfortably so. The multi-way electronic seat adjustment (even though there is no memory feature) on the W10 does get the seat just right though. A robust rear view camera would surely help on the W8 too.
Old 31st August 2015, 00:44   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a W8 AWD. So it certainly is available in silver 😀
Whew that's good to know,however is it the face-lift or pre maybe it's not available now at least that's what the sales guy at nbs andheri said
Old 31st August 2015, 07:30   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Whew that's good to know,however is it the face-lift or pre maybe it's not available now at least that's what the sales guy at nbs andheri said

It's a new age W8 AWD purchased in July 2015.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:45   #552

"Airavat" comes home!

Glad to share with the fell BHPins that I took a delivery of XUV500 W6 over the weekend. I have named HIM 'Airavat'.

Sharing the delivery snaps. Over this week, I plan to fix a few things like alloys, side steps, roof carrier etc.

Drove almost 100km yesterday, all in Mumbai region. Surprisingly the ease of driving was very similar to my last ride, SX4. Airavat could cut through the traffic with so much ease. Will drive to Pune this week, it will be a good test of highway capabilities of Airavat.

Will share more photos, delivery experience in detail next week.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img20150830wa0004.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img20150830wa0007.jpg
Simba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 11:17   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
"Airavat" comes home!

Glad to share with the fell BHPins that I took a delivery of XUV500 W6 over the weekend. I have named HIM 'Airavat'.

Sharing the delivery snaps. Over this week, I plan to fix a few things like alloys, side steps, roof carrier etc.

Drove almost 100km yesterday, all in Mumbai region. Surprisingly the ease of driving was very similar to my last ride, SX4. Airavat could cut through the traffic with so much ease. Will drive to Pune this week, it will be a good test of highway capabilities of Airavat.

Will share more photos, delivery experience in detail next week.

Attachment 1409135

Attachment 1409136

Heartiest congratulations on your new cheetah. Will await the ownership report and all the detaails of mods you will be doing. What place in Mumbai was this and how was the dealer experience. What does Airavat mean. Wish you many munching miles.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:30   #554
BHPian

Congratulations Simba

Many happy miles on Airavat... Keep sharing the experience here for the benefit of all of us... And remember to take it easy (not revving hard) for about first 5000 KMs on Airavat ( I know the drive to Pune will be very tempting to Revv).

Last edited by Indian : 31st August 2015 at 11:36.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:44   #555

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations on your new cheetah. Will await the ownership report and all the detaails of mods you will be doing. What place in Mumbai was this and how was the dealer experience. What does Airavat mean. Wish you many munching miles.

Thanks for your wishes. Airavata is a mythological white elephant who carries the Hindu god Indra. A warrior, supposedly, WHITE elephant with 5 trunks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airavata

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks