Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 12:58   #646
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

XUVians -

I will be joining the elite members of owning XUV 5OO from today evening. Will be getting the car delivery at 4.30 PM. Feeling excited to join the XUV club.
sbala is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:00   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
1. Is this car the only one with June manufactured or there are couple more cars in the stockyard? Because I would suggest you to go from the latest lot,.i.e Aug 2015 based on my experience.
Went to the dealership stockyard and found one which was Aug manufactured so immediately selected that one.

Quote:
2. Check with them if they can install it for you if you get it from outside, as you might get at half a price outside. If they say no, then you can go ahead with the same.
Going to the dealership tomorrow to make the final payment, will discuss it with the SA.
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:03   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Went to the dealership stockyard and found one which was Aug manufactured so immediately selected that one.
Good to know that you were able to find a Aug manufactured car, hope you have done a PDI before confirming.

Anyway Congratulations in Advance and have a hassle free experience with the dealer
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:06   #649
BHPian

Quote:

Going to the dealership tomorrow to make the final payment, will discuss it with the SA.
I too got a August make with Bridgestone tyres. Please do a PDI. It helped lot of folks here. Cheers 😊
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 11:34   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Good to know that you were able to find a Aug manufactured car, hope you have done a PDI before confirming.

Anyway Congratulations in Advance and have a hassle free experience with the dealer
Thanks, did a brief PDI and everything seemed ok, will do a detailed one at the time of delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I too got a August make with Bridgestone tyres. Please do a PDI. It helped lot of folks here. Cheers 😊
I got Apollos, no other option available. Hope they are good enough.
Btw congrats on taking delivery of your XUV, do post some pics.
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:45   #651
Senior - BHPian

Great review. Looks like the facelift of XUV is for real.

Not sure if anyone asked these questions.

a) Is there an option of having Michelin tyres instead Bridgestone as OEM?

b) How effective is the fog lamp which comes with the car in real winter condition? Any experience?

Can someone help answering these........
Old 17th September 2015, 19:59   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Great review. Looks like the facelift of XUV is for real.

Not sure if anyone asked these questions.

a) Is there an option of having Michelin tyres instead Bridgestone as OEM?

b) How effective is the fog lamp which comes with the car in real winter condition? Any experience?

Can someone help answering these........
A. I dont think so. First of all we don't get to choose the tyre on our car although we can choose a car from the yard during pdi. And the tyres that come OEM with xuv500 are Bridgestone, Apollo and JK. If they have more than one car with different tyres available to choose from during PDI, then that's your only option.
B. Can't comment. Haven't driven the cheetah in real winter conditions.
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:14   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
A. I dont think so. First of all we don't get to choose the tyre on our car although we can choose a car from the yard during pdi. And the tyres that come OEM with xuv500 are Bridgestone, Apollo and JK. If they have more than one car with different tyres available to choose from during PDI, then that's your only option.
B. Can't comment. Haven't driven the cheetah in real winter conditions.
Thanks Avi. That is a real pain. I had a similar experience when i bought Scorpio in 2010. We had to push the dealer to get us Bridgestone.

Now that i have Michelin on it, i love the road grip and comfortable ride which comes with it. Bridgestone is a tad hard tyre compared to Michelin but very durable. I had first puncture at 65K KMs with it!
Old 17th September 2015, 22:34   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Avi. That is a real pain. I had a similar experience when i bought Scorpio in 2010. We had to push the dealer to get us Bridgestone.

Now that i have Michelin on it, i love the road grip and comfortable ride which comes with it. Bridgestone is a tad hard tyre compared to Michelin but very durable. I had first puncture at 65K KMs with it!
From my usage of the Cheetah with Bridgestone Dueller stock tyres, I don't think its a bad tyre at all. Grip levels are good and road noise is controlled though not in michelin territory. Durability is great with them too. You can go with the Bridgestones. I said no to a car after doing PDI because it came with Apollo tyres (among other reasons).

Last edited by avi@98 : 17th September 2015 at 22:40.
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 06:48   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There hasn't been a winter yet after we got facelift version but I faced "winter-like" situation recently. When I drive in dense foggy/ cloudy ghats of Chorala enroute to goa, there was almost no visibility. One could hardly see upto 10 meters at max. While everyone was driving with their high beams and parking lights flashing all around, I was able to go with just light guides and fog lamps with rear fog lamp too switched on. No scary moments, I was able to drive comfortably. Light was just sufficient.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:01   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Btw congrats on taking delivery of your XUV, do post some pics.
Here it is. Will post more pics soon. Planning to have a ownership thread as well !!!

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-p1020222.jpg
sbala is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:11   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Here it is. Will post more pics soon. Planning to have a ownership thread as well !!!
Wow, congratulations Bala. Looking forward to your ownership thread too. Wishing you many happy miles with lot of smiles.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 13:29   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bridgestone is a tad hard tyre compared to Michelin but very durable. I had first puncture at 65K KMs with it!
Though it is not possible to select the tyre as such, you can select the car based on your PDI. Hence opting the vehicle based on your tyre preference will not be an issue.

While I was taking delivery of my XUV, I was keen on getting one with Bridgestone. Both the dealers I talked with (Anant cars & Sireesh) agreed on the tyre selection part. What was agreed was, I would do a PDI when vehicle based on my color and trim selection arrives at their yard. If I find a car with Bridgestone, I select that. Else I wait for next lot to arrive.

Regarding fog lamps- I would rate them 7/10. Had driven through fog few times and found them to just up to the mark. I guess for me the issue was compounded since low beam of XUV's are not that strong. So during fog when you tend to switch to low beam, to light scattering in high beam the combined light output is not that great.

Any plans of changing your Scorp?

Last edited by mpksuhas : 18th September 2015 at 13:32.
Old 19th September 2015, 09:16   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Any plans of changing your Scorp?
Thanks Suhas. Very helpful. Yes, mulling over the idea. Have done 1,57,000 in last five years in the Scorpio. The car doing absolutely fine and has not stopped even once on the road - touchwood!
Fauji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 10:21   #660
adu
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1416392
Congrats Bala and welcome to the XUV club!

Need inputs from owners of XUV who have fitted the new version of the side steps as seen in Bala's vehicle. Is this strong and does it fit well onto the vehicle? Reason I am asking is, during my last visit to the ASC, the Manager there mentioned that this particular model is not very strong compared to some of the older ones in the market and that it could give way over time. I for one, love the design of this model and think it is the best fitting and looking side steps that has been developed for XUV so far. So, would appreciate any feedback from those who have used this as I am very keen to get this fitted to my XUV.

Thanks in advance guys.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks