Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 07:05   #751
BHPian

My Black Icarus W6 arrived at the dealer finally and await registration formalities to be over before I take delivery. Can't wait though.

Would be really helpful if someone can help me with detailed PDI checklist please. Also, the dealers in Mumbai are denying any discounts on new age XUV. What is the general forum feedback? Should I push for anything specific? Will post the pics and ownership review once have Icarus in my hand.

( Unable to upload pics as it says user doesnot have permission to upload pics on forum. Sad)
Old 8th October 2015, 09:18   #752
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
My Black Icarus W6 arrived at the dealer finally and await registration formalities to be over before I take delivery. Can't wait though.

Would be really helpful if someone can help me with detailed PDI checklist please. Also, the dealers in Mumbai are denying any discounts on new age XUV. What is the general forum feedback? Should I push for anything specific? Will post the pics and ownership review once have Icarus in my hand.

( Unable to upload pics as it says user doesnot have permission to upload pics on forum. Sad)
Hey...you can download the PDI checklist from http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list.

Good luck and hope your Cheetah is in good shape!

I have responded to your query on the other thread regarding discounts and offers. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Old 8th October 2015, 09:38   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

The more customised check sheet for XUV is here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ecklist-v2.pdf Based on other's findings and earlier version, I had modified this for W10. You can also find this in my ownership thread too.

Last edited by abirnale : 8th October 2015 at 09:39.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 09:59   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The more customised check sheet for XUV is here .
Just in time! This checklist certainly looks very useful. I'll be using this today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
No they shouldnt ask, because the dealers usually book the vehicle, the day pay them
Yeah. But you never know. Some dealerships try to harass the customers in such scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Normally all the dealers have this clause, "Prices will be applicable at the time of delivery". So there is a likelihood that your dealer might also ask for the difference. Don't show any desperation to take the delivery and don't budge..
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely act stubborn if they try anything funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
You can shoot off a mail to Customer care and if required to VP customer care.
The Sales Managers are usually scared to irritate customers who knows about the existence of a customer care! I've worked at a Hyundai Dealership for few months. Most of the customers didn't know about HMIL customercare. From what I've heard from my colleagues, the company fines Rs38000 for every 20 complaints. So, we were told to solve any issues at any cost at the dealership itself. The Sales Manager at Mahindra dealership was shocked when I mentioned that Anand Mahindra can be directly contacted on twitter if the customers are unhappy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
First and foremost, congratulations on your new car!!
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Looks like your car was invoiced at a time when the old price was in effect.
Happy motoring! Post pics please
Thank you. I'll enjoy every second I spend with my car for sure.
It looks like I'll have to wait before I can post pics. Being a newbie on teambhp, I don't think I can post pics at the moment because of the restrictions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th October 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. This is the third post being edited for smileys. Please abide by the rules of the board.
Old 12th October 2015, 11:15   #755
BHPian

After having completed 3000 KMs with the new age XUV500 (W10), here are my impressions/experience so far:

The Good:
========

1. Drive is awesome, either in city or on highway. I am pleasantly surprised with in-city driving so far. Of 3000 KMs, atleast 2500 KMs are driven inside city so far. Never ever I felt the size to be deterrent - either while driving or while parking.

2. No major niggles of earlier XUV so far, looks like M&M has indeed fixed many issues.

3. Suspension and handling are good. Ride comfort is decent on bad stretch (but can't be compared with sedans). I didn't see much of body roll on bad stretches, either in low speed (say around 10 to 15 KMPH) or moderate speed (15 KMPH and above).

4. Sunroof, Keyless entry, start/stop, auto-stop, rain sensing wiper, auto-headlights - eveything work like a charm.

5. Gear shifts - I had my initial niggles with gear-shifts. Used to find it difficult to engage to 1st gear after cold start (atleast once in 5 times). Now-a-days, it has become smooth and trouble free (haven't serviced the vehicle yet). Sometimes, I do face this issue of engaging to 1st gear, but now it is like 1 in 100 times or so. Engaging to 2nd gear either from 1st gear or downshifting from 3rd gear has been quite smooth (I had heard many complaints from earlier XUV owners on 2nd gear issues). All other gear shifts (either upward or downward) is butter smooth.

6. Fog lights - quite a good throw and useful in normal conditions. On the contrary, I haven't really tried it in fog conditions yet

Bad:
======

1. Minor niggles - the infotainment system hangs/reboots sometimes and if it happens while taking reverse, it literally cripples you. Rear AC (3rd row) switch doesn't work properly.

2. Still to get used to the braking. Sometimes when you want to break at the moment when the turbo has kicked in, it becomes a challenge. Now I know when to expect the turbo to kick-in and I keep safe distance from other vehicles, before allowing the turbo to kickin.

3. The Bridgestone Duellers tires attract stones in the threads as if it is the staple food. With lot of pain, I removed the stones one day and very next day, all those threads are filled back again with stones.

Ugly
====
1. The "Wonder Splash" (guess people who are from Bangalore and who have been to Wonder-La can relate) on the wind-shield when the car goes through pool of water at decent speed (around 60 to 70 KMPH) blinding the driver. It is scary to drive the beast in heavy rains for sure.

That's all - overall such a pleasant experience so far and I am always on the lookout for an excuse to take the beast on a drive. Looking forward to some of the long drives coming up in next few months and more updates later.
Indian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:03   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
After having completed 3000 KMs with the new age XUV500 (W10), here are my impressions/experience so far:

4. Sunroof, Keyless entry, start/stop, auto-stop, rain sensing wiper, auto-headlights - eveything work like a charm.

Bad:
======
3. The Bridgestone Duellers tires attract stones in the threads as if it is the staple food. With lot of pain, I removed the stones one day and very next day, all those threads are filled back again with stones.

Ugly
====
Looking forward to some of the long drives coming up in next few months and more updates later.

Congrats on reaching the 3k mark. And, by the way, thanks for the honest review too.

I have a small doubt. Does the park light (the S-LED and park bulbs on the rear) turn off on its own after a particular period of time. Once, I forgot to turn off the park light. I was little scared when I saw it turned on when I came back after an hour! Luckily, the battery seemed to be okay. I wish there was some feature to automatically kill the lighting circuit after 1 hour so in order to prevent battery drainage.

Even I used to remove the stones from the tyres every now and then. I stopped doing it once I realized that I'm just wasting my time.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2015 at 13:23. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:35   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I have a small doubt. Does the park light (the S-LED and park bulbs on the rear) turn off on its own after a particular period of time. Once, I forgot to turn off the park light. I was little scared when I saw it turned on when I came back after an hour!
The headlights turn off automatically after some time to save battery from draining. But the LEDs don't. Including the ones inside the cabin that you switch ON - they stay ON. They don't draw much power to drain battery in few hours but certainly a big risk if you leave it on in a parking lot for coupe of days!
Old 12th October 2015, 14:01   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I have a small doubt. Does the park light (the S-LED and park bulbs on the rear) turn off on its own after a particular period of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The headlights turn off automatically after some time to save battery from draining. But the LEDs don't. Including the ones inside the cabin that you switch ON - they stay ON. They don't draw much power to drain battery in few hours but certainly a big risk if you leave it on in a parking lot for coupe of days!
In my car, the pre-facelift XUV W8 even if the parking lights are ON, once I remove the key from ignition it goes OFF. Even if the fog lamps are ON, it switches it OFF. Next time when I insert the key, the parking lamps are switched ON whereas the Fog lamps are still OFF until you manually switch them ON.

I am not sure on the new age XUV W8 though, it should be only with W10 IMO.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:17   #759
BHPian

Quote:

I see this happening with me as well. I actually think its best to leave the stones in the threads. It will protect the tyres from possible punctures to an extent. If stones can get in that easily, imagine what nails can do. So the stones are perhaps a blessing in disguise for that 'extra protection' .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
In my car, the pre-facelift XUV W8 even if the parking lights are ON, once I remove the key from ignition it goes OFF. Even if the fog lamps are ON, it switches it OFF. Next time when I insert the key, the parking lamps are switched ON whereas the Fog lamps are still OFF until you manually switch them ON.

I am not sure on the new age XUV W8 though, it should be only with W10 IMO.
I have the new age W8 and the parking lights stay on even after you remove the key from ignition and lock the car. The fog lamp behavior is the same as the pre-facelift model. They switch off immediately when you turn off the car and need to explicitly switch them on the next time you start the car.

The practice that I follow is to have the auto lights on and use the fog lamps. These provide sufficient illumination of the road ahead at least for the time being.

Last edited by achyu : 12th October 2015 at 14:30. Reason: quoted one more post and my response to it.
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 15:21   #760
BHPian

My XUV has done 7100 KMS in around 70 days. No drive train or major mechanical issues so far. However main concern is driving in heavy raining conditions(water splashing and tendency to aquaplane). This issue is checked by R&D team as per the update from the regional customer service manager.

I have noticed that custom equalizer settings in the infotainment system are lost every time vehicle is switched off. Is there a way to save the custom settings?
Old 12th October 2015, 16:54   #761
Senior - BHPian

Got my XUV W8 15 days back. Thanks to the official review which helped me to take decision. Great car and lovely engine and is fun to drive. It has all gadgetry but there is no place to keep the tissue box. Any suggestions? How are others coping with this?
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:59   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Got my XUV W8 15 days back. Thanks to the official review which helped me to take decision. Great car and lovely engine and is fun to drive. It has all gadgetry but there is no place to keep the tissue box. Any suggestions? How are others coping with this?
Congratulations Fauji on acquiring the beast. Wishing you lot of happy times and miles in XUV.

Passenger side glove box can easily swallow the tissue box. I usually keep it inside that box.
Old 12th October 2015, 17:03   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Fauji on acquiring the beast. Wishing you lot of happy times and miles in XUV.

Passenger side glove box can easily swallow the tissue box. I usually keep it inside that box.
Thank you. Since i keep the vehicle documents and manual here, not sure whether it will have enough space. Let me try this option.
Old 12th October 2015, 17:13   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, Fauji! Wish you thousands of happy miles and fuss free ownership!

I have a couple of suggestions:
1. When you are not using the holders between the passenger and driver seats, you may want to keep the tissue box there. When you use the holders, put it in the glove box.

2. Keep it sideways in either the driver or passenger door pocket. Create an opening on the side and keep the usual opening on the face of the box sealed.

Cheers

Last edited by achyu : 12th October 2015 at 17:15. Reason: fixed typo
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 17:20   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the beast Fauji Happy munching miles with the cheetah.

And coming to the tissue box, even I am not able to identify a suitable place, so when I am driving alone or with a single passenger I keep it in the back seat. If the car is occupied completely, then I keep it between the handbrake and arm rest which fits in perfectly there(I use Premier tissues).

I am planning to get a Non slip dashboard mat and put the tissue box there, and hoping that the box will not fall down during acceleration.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks