Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2015, 19:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm planning to upgrade my low beams. Went to a local vendor today and he suggested this one. Whats your thoughts ??

OSRAM XENON HB4 4200K

Attachment 1388646
Hi Maneesh, did you upgrade your headlights? If yes, how much did it cost you? Can you post some pictures?
Old 5th July 2015, 22:14   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Does any one know when the new age Mahindra XUV 500 is likely to come out with Android auto. The announcement on the same have already been made.

According to The Times of India:
http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-...w/47516696.cms

Mahindra has not committed to any timeline for Android Auto integration.
Old 6th July 2015, 05:09   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Maneesh, did you upgrade your headlights? If yes, how much did it cost you? Can you post some pictures?
Nop, Not yet. As i'm not sure whether HB4 is compatible with H7 slots, I'm going to check other local vendors this week.
Maneesh.MK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 13:48   #229

I am not sure if this has already been discussed, but can we upgrade the old XUV headlights with the new DRL one's?

Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 14:36   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_muscle View Post
I am not sure if this has already been discussed, but can we upgrade the old XUV headlights with the new DRL one's?

Thanks
Yes you will definitely be able to do it, as I do not see any difference in the dimensions of the headlight assembly except for the DRL and design of the static bending headlamp.

But IMO it is not a wise decision to spend approx 20K per headlight(as per previous comments in the thread- not sure though on the price) just for the S shaped parking lamp.
Old 6th July 2015, 19:45   #231
BHPian

A friend of mine recently booked an New XUV 500, the total amount has been paid by him to the dealer. Today the dealer called and said my friend needs to pay extra 30K for the car, but they have a another color car that is in stock for the same price. When enquired as to why they said they have not invoiced the car yet and the color is not available at the moment. They say the prices were hiked by Mahindra due to increase in taxes for materials.

Is anyone aware of any tax increase ?
Does my friend have to pay the extra 30K for getting the color he wanted ?
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 20:32   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
A friend of mine recently booked an New XUV 500, the total amount has been paid by him to the dealer. Today the dealer called and said my friend needs to pay extra 30K for the car, but they have a another color car that is in stock for the same price. When enquired as to why they said they have not invoiced the car yet and the color is not available at the moment. They say the prices were hiked by Mahindra due to increase in taxes for materials.

Yes, I had booked my car three days back and I was supposed to take the delivery on coming wednesday. Today, when I went to the showroom, I got to know that mahindra has hiked the prices wef 05-07-2015. W6's prices have been increased by 10k, not sure about the higher variants. By the way, why didn't he get the invoice raised when he had already made the payment? Usually the full payment is taken at the time of delivery, and that invariably means that the model is available with the dealer.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 21:05   #233
BHPian

Booked W10 FWD Pearl White today. Now the wait begins.
Heard the stock Bridgestone duellers are quite noisy. What is the best replacement to it considering road conditions in Kerala?
Old 6th July 2015, 21:15   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Yes, I had booked my car three days back and I was supposed to take the delivery on coming wednesday. Today, when I went to the showroom, I got to know that mahindra has hiked the prices wef 05-07-2015. W6's prices have been increased by 10k, not sure about the higher variants. By the way, why didn't he get the invoice raised when he had already made the payment? Usually the full payment is taken at the time of delivery, and that invariably means that the model is available with the dealer.
Yes the prices have been increased by 10K across models here in Bangalore. And as storme_on_d_way said he should not pay any additional amount as he had paid the entire amount to the dealer before the price hike. But the catch here is he need to take the car from the existing stock and if he wants it from new batch then he has to pay that extra amount, as the dealer will be billed as per the current price.

I would suggest your friend to go and check with the dealer as to why the color he had opted is not available when he has paid the entire amount and it is the dealer who has to provide the car if its been promised. I believe your friend was not waiting for the car from newer batch.
Old 6th July 2015, 21:54   #235
BHPian

I paid a booking amount of 25K four days ago and had also done PDI of my car which was readily available in the stockyard. Why should I pay for the price hike since the dealer would have got the vehicle at the old price. I understand that any new stocks to the dealer would be billed at the new prices as this has been a hike from mahindra in ex.showroom. Had it been an increase in road tax or excise duty, it would have been okay to pay the increased prices prevailing at the time of delivery. I hope I am making some sense here. Let me know if I should put my foot down with the dealer or just accept it.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 6th July 2015 at 21:58.
Old 6th July 2015, 22:53   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I paid a booking amount of 25K four days ago and had also done PDI of my car which was readily available in the stockyard. Why should I pay for the price hike since the dealer would have got the vehicle at the old price. I understand that any new stocks to the dealer would be billed at the new prices as this has been a hike from mahindra in ex.showroom. Had it been an increase in road tax or excise duty, it would have been okay to pay the increased prices prevailing at the time of delivery. I hope I am making some sense here. Let me know if I should put my foot down with the dealer or just accept it.
If the car has been allotted to you & PDI is done, it should be invoiced in your name by now. Don't let the dealer rob you and you should never pay a single rupee extra for the car.
Old 6th July 2015, 23:45   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
If the car has been allotted to you & PDI is done, it should be invoiced in your name by now. Don't let the dealer rob you and you should never pay a single rupee extra for the car.
The car has indeed been allotted to me as they had given me the VIN number the very next day of booking. I asked him the same question but he said that the invoice will be made at the time of full payment and delivery. Hence they are applying the clause wherein they mention that prices at the time of delivery will be applicable. I am thinking of shooting a mail at their customer care email id and a tweet to anand mahindra.
Old 7th July 2015, 13:07   #238
BHPian

Ok, Good news: last night, I had shot an email to the customer care and tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra. Got a call from their sales head today in the morning and was told that I would be charged the same price which prevailed at the time of booking. Infact, they have taken this decision for all Xuv500 customers who would book the car till 30th of this month. Seems like what I heard about Mahindra ASS was absolutely true. They actually go out of their way to help customers. Kudos
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 13:17   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Good news: last night, I had shot an email to the customer care and tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra. Got a call from their sales head today in the morning and was told that I would be charged the same price which prevailed at the time of booking. Infact, they have taken this decision for all Xuv500 customers who would book the car till 30th of this month. Seems like what I heard about Mahindra ASS was absolutely true. They actually go out of their way to help customers. Kudos
Hello Storme_on_d_way,

Thanks for the good news. Even I have paid full amount for W10 AWD a week ago and is waiting for delivery. Hope this decision is honoured by the dealer here in Kochi as well.
Old 7th July 2015, 13:39   #240
BHPian

I have a 2010 Scorpio VLX. Recently test drove both - facelifted XUV 500 W10 and newgen Scorpio s10 models.

I found pickup in XUV to be sluggish, infact Scorpio looked to have a better pickup than XUV.

Anyone else observe this? Especially Scorpio drivers who test drove new XUV 500.

P.S. - I have not driven earlier XUV, so cant comment about its pickup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks