Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 14:06   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your test drive experience. Especially with reference to old 3L and 2.2L.

Would you please also compare Varicor-400 with XUV-5OO?
We're not interested in the XUV actually. Hence we have not had a TD for it. Last time I test drove the XUV about 6 months back it had a lot of vibrations coming from the dash and interiors. The engine was reasonably peppy but the ride was too much car like in a way that it was crashing over the potholes and speed breakers. Maybe 17k of abuse to the TD vehicle did it but I was really not impressed by the vehicle in the way people here are. I actually had a lot of expectations from it. I then TD'ed the new Scorpio and found it better than the XUV barring the act that it had lesser power then the XUV. Everything else was actually better. This is from an SUV perspective and expectation. I'm not expecting a civic like handling or ride.

So you can say that it terms of outright power, suspension and feel, the 400 is better than the XUV. The only department where the XUV would shine is the handling because of its basic construction and gizmos which I have never really cared for.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 14:42   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So today we test drove the Storme 400 4X2 with 140kms on the Odo.
All I'll now be on a lookout would be the reliability and the niggles. I'm hoping that the materials used for the manufacturing last the test of time, weather and usage.
The start is good. Hoping that it will remain the same over time. And hoping that I will get good after sales service from our dealer here.(We're pleased with the dealer principles due to their active nature but there is still room for improvement in the staff).

And yes. It is Smooth. It is Silent. It sure does Surge!
Great review up there buddy. The Safari really needs to be beaten hard and whipped above 2000 rpm for moving it smartly. But now the Varicor 400 seems to solve this issue. By the way does your 3L variant have a super long crank time to start the engine albeit in a truck way? My uncle's Safari needs to be cranked a bit and then only it starts. He has finished 2 lakh kms and sold it and got another Stormer. No issues in it but I love the mechanical package in it except for the turbo lag. Great ride and handling and brakes .

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th December 2015 at 15:20. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits of the post instead of the entire post. Thanks!
Old 20th December 2015, 16:33   #633
ISO
BANNED

Just saw this banner on tata safari website.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-safaribigsale.jpg  

ISO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 19:42   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Just saw this banner on tata safari website.
Yes, that's the deal I got. It's 45k cash discount plus 20k exchange bonus. Tata announced this so late on the website. I literally had to haggle for the 45k itself (initially was told 40k as 'previous month offer continuation'). Had this banner been there before I could have negotiated harder!
Old 21st December 2015, 11:59   #635
Senior - BHPian

Sold my Storme over the weekend. Have updated my thread with details. In the end, I think I got a reasonable resale value despite the December AND Tata jinx. I hope Tata Motors can do something proactive to ensure their new gen of cars like the Zest, Bolt, Storme see better resale as that will hugely contribute to the new car sales as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-19.html
narayan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 12:47   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So today we test drove the Storme 400 4X2 with 140kms on the Odometer. Yes. It is Smooth. It is Silent. It sure does Surge!
Dear Navpreet318 - hello (in a different context)! Thanks, I humbly accept your feedback. Believe me, there is a lot of genuine loving and caring effort which has gone into making the "400" what it is.

I had received a couple of queries on the 400 on "what do I mean by it". I would put it as follows: Acceleration" in RWUP (Real World Usage Pattern) terms is not "0 to 100 time". Acceleration is the "feel, the sheer poetry of movement" that you experience through from the driveline / to the tires / to the road / to the seat / to you, as the speedometer and the odometer needles move in synchronized unison, as perfect as if they were ballet dancing! It is this "differential performance upgrade" that the 400 exemplifies, which I had termed as the Smooth Silent Surge of Power!

Yes, it has delivered the "SSS of Power"! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 13:22   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Navpreet318 - hello (in a different context)! Thanks, I humbly accept your feedback. Believe me, there is a lot of genuine loving and caring effort which has gone into making the "400" what it is.

I had received a couple of queries on the 400 on "what do I mean by it". I would put it as follows: Acceleration" in RWUP (Real World Usage Pattern) terms is not "0 to 100 time". Acceleration is the "feel, the sheer poetry of movement" that you experience through from the driveline / to the tires / to the road / to the seat / to you, as the speedometer and the odometer needles move in synchronized unison, as perfect as if they were ballet dancing! It is this "differential performance upgrade" that the 400 exemplifies, which I had termed as the Smooth Silent Surge of Power!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir, any good news of changing the last row seats to front facing ones ? The 400 varicor is absolutely brilliant to drive.
Old 21st December 2015, 13:54   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
1. Any good news of changing the last row seats to front facing ones ? 2. The 400 varicor is absolutely brilliant to drive.
Dear Sunishsamuel - hello to you. My reply is as follows:

1. Well, I had answered this one many times under other headings. Let's leave it as it is, at least for now? .
2. Thanks, I know! I hope you experienced the "exact-differential-performance-upgrade" that I have mentioned.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 14:20   #639
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]

2. Thanks, I know! I hope you experienced the "exact-differential-performance-upgrade" that I have mentioned.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Definitely yes.

If you get time, kindly read my novice review at this thread

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 21st December 2015 at 14:20. Reason: complete messages
Old 21st December 2015, 18:02   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Wonderful to hear from you dear Behram Sir. How I wish I could meet you when I was at Spicer. But that time I was staying up till 5 AM at the plant just to ensure that Tata got all axles in time for its first shifts. Too much unplanned work you see. Made me shift to entrepreneurship.(You see if I have to work this hard why not work for myself and be more satisfied.)

So I had booked the Storme 400 a week before test driving it and hoping that you will shower your blessings on the one meant for me on the production line and the hard working engineers at Dana Spicer and other ancillaries too shower their blessings and I get a reliable niggle free 400!

I have to admit that the quality of drive, materials and build has gone up by leaps and bounds compared to our present 3L. I am wishing the same for reliability.

Having now driven cars for a few years and understanding that true delight of a car is when one is returning tired from work or on a drive with loved ones and the car drives effortlessly and smoothly. It brings that joy which is no where else to be found. If the engine feels at ease purring along and gear shifts are few, it is a feeling like no other and brings a smile to the face.

Yes RWUP is what needs to be focused on and it can be seen in this 400. Effortlessly our whole family was chatting up and it was just purring along. Be it slowing for traffic or turns very few gear shifts were required. 3rd gear was like an automatic gear.
Steering feel was superb as well. I like a bit heavy steerings. One does not have to concentrate in keeping it still.

My fingers are crossed and hoping that all my previous experiences and fears are laid to rest and we have a fantastic ownership experience of this car.

Oh yes. Thank you for that fantastic light Clutch. My father will bless you for that.(He has a problem slipped disc and the pain from a heavy clutch travels from his leg to his back).
This is primarily the vehicle for my parents for their daily drive as well as long distance drives. Mom is happy that she can sit crossed legs which is not possible in any other vehicle. Period.

Thank You.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 21:37   #641
BHPian

Dear Behram Sir,
I went to check the new storme 400 at the TATA motors showroom in Srinagar today. They had none in stock and was informed that it will be available by January ending but had the 320nm VXi in stock. Honestly the attitude of the sales team was pathetic. Their arrogance and behavior is appalling. I told them that TATA is offering a discount of 45k on the storme but to my horror was told that there's a lot of terms and conditions in fine print and the total discount they are offering is 30k. The point I'm trying to make is that it's not a matter of discount but matter of positive attitude towards a customer. I am really put off by such casual behavior of TM and its dealers.
rajamuneeb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 21:53   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Dear Behram Sir,
I went to check the new storme 400 at the TATA motors showroom in Srinagar today. They had none in stock and was informed that it will be available by January ending but had the 320nm VXi in stock. Honestly the attitude of the sales team was pathetic. Their arrogance and behavior is appalling. I told them that TATA is offering a discount of 45k on the storme but to my horror was told that there's a lot of terms and conditions in fine print and the total discount they are offering is 30k. The point I'm trying to make is that it's not a matter of discount but matter of positive attitude towards a customer. I am really put off by such casual behavior of TM and its dealers.
That's very unfortunate for Tata Motors. TML should do random checks with their dealers on their dealings with the customer. They are the only direct link between customer and the company. I dealt with Aristo motors in Gurgaon and Concorde motors in Delhi and SA at both the dealers was more than satisfactory. The positive response from dealership is first steep towards owning a car. Why will anybody bother to go there if they don't feel welcomed.
Old 21st December 2015, 21:53   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Dear Behram Sir,
It is the same pathetic story repeated.

I had gone to Dealer in Mumbai after confirming that i will come for TD for the Storme (320) 2015 (in Sept-Oct) Despite the confirmation, I got a nice peaceful 30 mins and a polite "sir aaj test drive possible nahi hai"

I left never to return until they realize that they have to sell vehicles .

We have a Manza and Safari was the only thing which we felt was an "upgrade" to the space and comfort of Manza

That said after driving DB engineered Thar in M&M for 3-4 years expecting the 400 to be a lovely vehicle which can finally beat the segment leaders today.

Let the "Storm"e destroy the segment.
Old 21st December 2015, 22:26   #644
BHPian

Quote:
That said after driving DB engineered Thar in M&M for 3-4 years  expecting the 400 to be a lovely vehicle which can finally beat the segment leaders today.

Let the "Storm"e destroy the segment.
Precisely. I have a Scorpio and am considering a new SUV. Was excited after reading the review of Storme 2015 and especially Storme 400. But the callous attitude has really put me off. If this is the way they treat potential customers I wonder how the treatment will be after buying the vehicle.

Last edited by manson : 25th December 2015 at 01:04. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:00   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Navpreet / 1.2TSI7DSG / Rajamuneeb - thanks for positively critiquing your pre-sales experiences. The content has already reached the concerned regions for resolution and I will get the feedback. I will only be satisfied when you say that things have improved. So, please give your feedback on improvement.

Dear Navpreet - were you at Spicer Chakan in October 2012 when "something was done there in one day"? . If yes, please PM me! Also, I like your comment "3rd gear is like an automatic"! I had not realized it, so thanks for making me learn something of value today. RWUP is most important but many people do not understand it so they undermine it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 22nd December 2015 at 11:04.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks