Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:43   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Navpreet / 1.2TSI7DSG / Rajamuneeb - thanks for positively critiquing your pre-sales experiences. The content has already reached the concerned regions for resolution and I will get the feedback. I will only be satisfied when you say that things have improved. So, please give your feedback on improvement.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir.
Thank you for your intervention. I got a call from Mr. Ayaaz of TM. He was very courteous and helpful. He assured of all possible help and also offered me a test drive of the storm. A very professional and a nice gentleman. This is a big leap in restoring confidence to a customer. Thank you one again.
rajamuneeb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:16   #647
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Dear Behram Sir, any good news of changing the last row seats to front facing ones ? The 400 varicor is absolutely brilliant to drive.
I came across this post in "Safari Users Group" (Facebook group) where a front-facing third row of seats are installed in a Dicor.

Although I know that it would probably not be at par with a factory fitted one, its good to know it can be done.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-941010_1113378958673318_6517355865854575410_n.jpg  

Old 24th December 2015, 18:24   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post

Although I know that it would probably not be at par with a factory fitted one, its good to know it can be done.
The owner seems to be GBHP sticker fan. Somebody give him the link to Team BHP store please. The one in his Safari is too awkward.
Old 25th December 2015, 14:48   #649
BHPian

Wonder if my woes with TASS have started. A persistent tak-tak sound on pressing the clutch while changing gears ensured that I go to concorde for a check -up. After three different people tried to convince me that it's Normal, the supervisor could hear the sound and found it abnormal too.postponed to coming Monday now. Nobody seems to have any idea yet on what the problem is. Diagnosis is the name of the game. The least benefit of doubt which TASS should give its customers is that after driving the car for 7500 kms a driver would know when an unusual sound makes its presence felt.
Libra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 21:32   #650
BHPian

After keeping my car in the workshop for two days, the TASS advisor told me that the problem has been rectified. The reason cited, faulty signals in the fuel assembly by ECU. I couldn't understand the connection with clutch but bought their logic. unfortunately I could not collect the vehicle personally. An hour later I sit in the car and the noise is still there. I had clearly told the advisor that i need to travel in the night with my family to jaipur. In a dilemma now. Very poor standards of service by tass. I have lost confidence.

Dear BD sir, this platform is unofficial but may I request you to help? If I am able to make it I should be in jaipur tomorrow, close to roshan motors.
Old 29th December 2015, 23:17   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
The reason cited, faulty signals in the fuel assembly by ECU. I couldn't understand the connection with clutch but bought their logic. unfortunately I could not collect the vehicle personally. An hour later I sit in the car and the noise is still there.
Does the noise come every time the clutch is used or is it specific to certain situations? Can you upload a video or the audio recording of the sound?
Old 29th December 2015, 23:40   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Does the noise come every time the clutch is used or is it specific to certain situations? Can you upload a video or the audio recording of the sound?
Yes, press the clutch and rev the engine, the sound is there even in stationary position . Don't think I can make an audio.
Old 30th December 2015, 16:31   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Dear BD sir, this platform is unofficial but may I request you to help? If I am able to make it I should be in jaipur tomorrow, close to roshan motors.
Dear Libra - I have already informed, if you can go to the Jaipur dealership, they will certainly help.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 17:21   #654
Team-BHP Support

Did a short test drive of the new 400Nm Storme today.

Suspension is good. As a truck it feels invincible. Much better than say a Fortuner, which I get to drive around occasionally. This feels like it's the king of the road. Middle row is the best place with excellent visibility and seat comfort. View from driver seat is so good, it gives a lot of confidence. Has a lot of body roll, but that was expected from such a beast. So I felt it's fine. Engine is very linear. Pulls from very low rpms without much lag, but there is none of the turbo kick too for a 400Nm engine. Excellent cruising abilities with the sixth gear and all that low end torque. It's a heavy vehicle bordering near 3 tonnes and together with the linear acceleration, I didn't feel the power that the figures suggest, although it has enough and more power from low rpms.

But that's exactly what it is. A truck. You should learn to see it as one.

Creature comforts and ergonomics are poor for a car. The key was hitting my leg that there is a good chance you bend the key or hurt the knee while getting in and out of the vehicle. Stereo is mounted too low, you can't see it properly while driving. Have to take eyes off the road so badly that twice I had to mention to a fellow Bhp'ian that the car is going to the left while he was trying to adjust music. Prominent vibrations in steering wheel and gear lever. The cabin looks basic too, and instrumentation is bare basic except for the decent sounding ICE. Overall plastic quality is very average too. The area around the center console where a small square plastic plate with Storme branding is written feels especially cheap. At 18.5L OTR, the interiors and features are not par for the price.

Overall, it's an excellent truck for someone looking at size and brutal ownership of the road. It's a better Fortuner with excellent ride quality (though questionable reliability) at much lesser price.

Problem is - majority of people look for an upgrade from a car rather than a full blown truck. That way XUV makes a lot more sense than Storme. Storme is not worth above 12L OTR if you look at it as an alternative to D segment cars. XUV on the other hand is a luxury car with high GC, soft AWD and even more features than D segment cars.

I feel TATA should just stop the normal Safari versions and price the Storme lower. 14L OTR is what I would be prepared to pay. Currently it's too basic for the asking price to appeal to people looking for an 18L OTR vehicle, and too expensive for people looking at a capable but barebones truck.

P.S.- All my humble opinion as a Punto owner who might consider an SUV from this price band as his next vehicle. I'm sorry if the above opinion doesn't match yours.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 20:40   #655
BHPian

Dear friends,
How many of you have driven the 320nm as well as the 400nm. Is there a significant difference between the two. I test drove the 320nm but here TM has no TD vehicle available in 400. I liked 320. I have driven dicor 2.2 extensively also and the storm is a huge improvement over the dicor. Also the only thing which is keeping me skeptical from buying 320 is that will it continue in VX trim or will VX will only get 400 in near future. I am driving Scorpio and I really liked the storme so hence actively thinking of changing my SUV.
Old 30th December 2015, 21:04   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Dear friends,
How many of you have driven the 320nm as well as the 400nm. Is there a significant difference between the two. I test drove the 320nm but here TM has no TD vehicle available in 400. I liked 320. I have driven dicor 2.2 extensively also and the storm is a huge improvement over the dicor. Also the only thing which is keeping me skeptical from buying 320 is that will it continue in VX trim or will VX will only get 400 in near future.
The 320 is pretty good for city and the highways. I've thoroughly enjoyed this beast under both conditions. In the highways the 320 is very comfortable doing 3k rpm in 5th gear which translates to a very good pace and acceleration is brisk and not at all sluggish. So unless you want to do insane speeds 320 should do just fine. What's the price differential ? Even if 320 Vx is discontinued it will not affect your resale IMO
Old 30th December 2015, 22:00   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The 320 is pretty good for city and the highways. I've thoroughly enjoyed this beast under both conditions. In the highways the 320 is very comfortable doing 3k rpm in 5th gear which translates to a very good pace and acceleration is brisk and not at all sluggish. So unless you want to do insane speeds 320 should do just fine. What's the price differential ? Even if 320 Vx is discontinued it will not affect your resale IMO
Thanks Narayan. The price difference between the two is around 20k.
Old 31st December 2015, 00:28   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,
... Is there a significant difference between the two...
Yes, the new 400NM one, apart from the additional torque, has a self adjusting clutch.

IMO if the price differential is just 20k, its not worth going for the previous version.

A new version in the new year would be a better choice.
Old 31st December 2015, 06:14   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Narayan. The price difference between the two is around 20k.
Only that much ? Then I guess the 400 Nm makes more sense.
Old 31st December 2015, 21:46   #660
BHPian

Dear friends. I booked my Astern Black Safari Storme VX today. As the 400 wouldn't have arrived till Jan ending and the costs going up by Rs.30K from January I did some quick calculation and was satisfied with the amount I saved from discounts this month and no cost escalation. Will be picking up my black beauty by Tuesday or Wednesday once the finance is sorted. Happy New Year guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks