Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2016, 08:18   #691
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Finally took delivery of my Storme EX today at Chennai Purchase experience and initial impressions at this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3898242
Congratulations and a good write-up too. Enjoy the beast, good luck on munching miles !
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 12:27   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
..waiting for my Storme VX to be delivered anytime now. .. What accessories did you go in for / what are you planning to fit?
VX would have all required items. One change I can suggest is to go for better tyres immed at delivery.
Old 26th January 2016, 12:39   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
VX would have all required items. One change I can suggest is to go for better tyres immed at delivery.
What tires would you suggest?
Old 26th January 2016, 17:32   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
From what I've seen on the forum, if the need is best of both worlds (60-70% on road and rest off road) then Michelin Latitude Cross is good! Yoko Geolanders and Conti (forgot the name) are good for more off road than the highway!
However, would request gurus/owners to correct me and enlighten us if there're better choices available in the market.
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 17:59   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am using Michelin Latitude Cross. 48k so far, and will go on some more.

Cross may not be available now. Try the Conti's. Else Geolandars
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 13:19   #696
Aum
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Finally took delivery of my Storme EX today at Chennai Purchase experience and initial impressions at this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3898242
Hi Seek,
I am unable to see your thread, not sure if it has something to do with my user level permissions .
Old 27th January 2016, 19:47   #697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
I am unable to see your thread, not sure if it has something to do with my user level permissions .
No, Team-BHP doesn't discriminate

Even I am seeing the same because it has been moved to Assembly Line
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 23:13   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Mods have moved my thread to the assembly line section citing a detailed review of the vehicle is also required. Will take me time to put that up. Crazily busy at work.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:35   #699
BHPian

Finally received delivery of my Storme VX yesterday at my workplace. Asked my driver to drive Harleen my 2011 DICOR EX back home so as to free up my reserved parking spot. My old beloved looked upset going away.

Drove the new car the 14 kms of heavy traffic on my regular commute back home yesterday. Initial observations as compared to my DICOR -

- The new engine feels obviously peppier and the extra power / torque are clearly discernable
- The interior was a lot quieter
- The 6 speed gear shift though not Honda City smooth is still a big improvement on the old 5 speed I am used to. The gears are well spaced and the 3rd gear truly feels impressive in heavy traffic. One can leave it in 3rd and believe its an Automatic. I also find that I hardly used the 1st gear at all.
- The clutch is really great and feels as light as a Honda City. So unused am I to a light clutch that I stalled the engine twice resulting in angry honks from the vehicles behind me.
- The body is far more rigid and irons out bumps better thanks to a more compliant / soft suspension setup
- Love the interiors but not entirely happy with the driver's seat. It feels over-stuffed and plump so I feel I am sitting 'on' it rather than 'in' it. Maybe the old seats had contoured itself better over the years so I was more comfortable.

That's all for now. Hopefully a longer drive and a proper review over the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20160129_142033.jpg  

Ferruccio is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:22   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Love the interiors but not entirely happy with the driver's seat. It feels over-stuffed and plump so I feel I am sitting 'on' it rather than 'in' it. Maybe the old seats had contoured itself better over the years so I was more comfortable.

That's all for now. Hopefully a longer drive and a proper review over the weekend.
The Storme seats are indeed harder relatively compared to the Safari's or even the Scorpio's. You will love it on long drives because the form is quite firm and gives very good support and does not "cave in".

In fact, even in the city I quite liked this kind of a seat. Maybe its a matter of time before you get used to it.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 16:35   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Ferruccio!

Is it possible to switch seats with your dicor?
Old 29th January 2016, 16:39   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Finally received delivery of my Storme VX yesterday at my workplace. Asked my driver to drive Harleen my 2011 DICOR EX back home so as to free up my reserved parking spot. My old beloved looked upset going away.

Drove the new car the 14 kms of heavy traffic on my regular commute back home yesterday. Initial observations as compared to my DICOR -

- The new engine feels obviously peppier and the extra power / torque are clearly discernable
- The interior was a lot quieter
- The 6 speed gear shift though not Honda City smooth is still a big improvement on the old 5 speed I am used to. The gears are well spaced and the 3rd gear truly feels impressive in heavy traffic. One can leave it in 3rd and believe its an Automatic. I also find that I hardly used the 1st gear at all.
- The clutch is really great and feels as light as a Honda City. So unused am I to a light clutch that I stalled the engine twice resulting in angry honks from the vehicles behind me.
- The body is far more rigid and irons out bumps better thanks to a more compliant / soft suspension setup

Congrats. I picked up the EX which is the 320NM engine but the feedback on 3rd gear driveabiliy is identical. It's got a wide range and the best one to move around in mild traffic. I found the 4th to be the 'shortest' gear and find myself either moving on to 5th or dropping back to 3rd.

Clutch is brilliant although there is a distinct click on releasing the clutch either while changing gears or even on engaging it while stationary. Have another sound that comes after accelerating and then taking the foot off the pedal. It's like 'khssssss'. Comes in 4th and 5th gears whenever rpm drops.

Not sure if others have encountered these sounds too. Doesn't impact the driveability but life is better without them
Old 29th January 2016, 16:42   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Congratulations Ferruccio!

Is it possible to switch seats with your dicor?
Now that's an idea . But the Dicor seat's base was quite crude with exposed rails which made me shudder whenever my eyes fell on them. Moreover, my Dicor had the Terracotta / Black colour scheme whereas the Storme is all Black. That would entail re-upholstering both vehicles.

I never like the craftsmanship of the seat makers I can afford, which is why I never put seat covers on my vehicles. I subsist by yelling on my family whenever they eat / drink in the car and get my seats shampoo'ed when they do spill something!
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 12:23   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
Hi Seek,
Hi Sheel, Aum, My Storme Ownership thread is back in the public forum from the assembly line section. Thanks Mods! Link Below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...storme-ex.html
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 19:55   #705
BHPian

Quote:
I changed my original BS Duellers at 58,500km with another 8-10K still left in them. The time frame was under two years from new. In my time with the Duellers, I never faced a puncture even once (except for a very minute one which was detected and repaired before a flat). Since I did proper alignment - balancing - rotation every 5000km, the tyres wore out very evenly and I never faced any problems with grip, braking effectiveness or wobbling. So, if you think your'e ok with the stock tyres, I suggest taking them the whole way.

Presently, I am on Maxxis Bravo 771 A/T (upsized to 255/65/R16). They have done 4300km since December 22nd. The performance is quite good, with relatively better grip around corners. However, they are noisier than the BS (would be, since they are A/T). Also, braking seems a bit less confidence inspiring, but then I attribute that also to an impending brake pad change which I intend to get done very soon. Would be able to report braking effectiveness better after changing the pads.

I can also recommend Michelin LTX A/T2 (235/70/R16), which was my original choice. Went in for the Maxxis only because they were 255s and available at a good price.
sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks