Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 11:39   #781
ISO
BANNED

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Was Taking a ride in my brothers new Storme few days back.

observed that , there are 2 aux points, one in centre console below music system and other is between the 2 front seat AC console.

Rear was like a simple charging point with a plastic cover, i know these type.

But the front one has a cigarette lighter plugged in already. Now my question is, if that cig lighter is taken out , can that also be used for 12V mobile charging ? or this is a different type construction only for cig lighter coil heating ?

PS: Cig Lighter is of no use to him as smoking is not allowed in this car :
Definitely you can use cigarette lighter for mobile charging with suitable adapter.

I have plan to purchase 12V coffee heater (if available)

In short cigarette lighter plug has enough power to power small gadgets.

Last edited by ISO : 29th April 2016 at 11:40.
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Was Taking a ride in my brothers new Storme few days back.

observed that , there are 2 aux points, one in centre console below music system and other is between the 2 front seat AC console.

Rear was like a simple charging point with a plastic cover, i know these type.

But the front one has a cigarette lighter plugged in already. Now my question is, if that cig lighter is taken out , can that also be used for 12V mobile charging ? or this is a different type construction only for cig lighter coil heating ?

PS: Cig Lighter is of no use to him as smoking is not allowed in this car :
Yes, I have been using the cigarette lighter socket in my storme for charging my mobile / GPS unit. No problems so far although the user manual does not recommend it. In fact I've been doing that in my Honda city as well since 2008 without problems.

Alternate way could be to get an additional socket installed in the empty slot space on the right side of the cigarette lighter socket
Old 2nd May 2016, 00:08   #783
BHPian

Hi Guys, its been some time since I have posted something about my Safari Storme 4x4 which I purchased on 10th August 2015.

But here are a few thoughts!

I have till date completed 19,000 kms and looking at getting my third service done in the next week from Concorde motors in Lower parel, Mumbai. (Mind you they are pathetic or at least I have had a very very very bad experience in my first 2 services)

I have a squeaking noise from one of the rear tires which has been persistent since my first service and they still have not been able to fix it. Both my pillars (between the front and rear doors) were making some noise when i switched on the AC which was rectified after more than 2-3 visits to them and mind you they totally messed up my inside roof with grease marks while rectifying this issue. It was my fault that I had the car delivered at my place due to time constraints and saw the marks later.

My horn would not work properly as it could be pressed only from the left side and not the right side which was replaced after i complained and waited for almost 2 months as they did not know how to open the assembly

If all that is not enough to make me go insane, my car has started losing out electrical power. it just happens when its off, not when the engine is running. Its acting on its own. (while closing doors or while switching off the car), all I have to do is open and close the same door a couple of times and the car comes back to life :-). I shall have it rectified in my third service.

All that been said and done, I love every single moment that I am inside the beast. My friends have started making fun of how I have been cheated by TATA into buying a sub standard product at a very high price and with any clue of after sales service. I still have enough energy to ignore their opinion.

Guys, buy the Safari only if you love the car. Else you shall regret it.

I think I shall quickly move over to the Toyota Fortuner the moment my pocket allows me to.

It will surely hurt to have had a bad experience with the Safari as I have loved it from the time it was launched back in the days.

So if anyone can help me out with a good service centre in Mumbai. I would be really thankful!!
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:40   #784
Senior - BHPian

Instead of dealing with an incompetent dealer why don't you contact the customer service department directly. Get the regional service head involved directly and write mails to Tata directly. Give this dealer is bad score in the service review.

This is pathetic. Try talking to the dealership principle. Most of the times they don't know of such customer issues as the managers tend to sweep such cases under the rug.
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:42   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Actually, your line could have been:

Quote:
Go to Concorde Motors @ Lower Parel, only if you love the dealer. Else you shall regret it ! "
You have mentioned the first two services were bad .. then why go back there ?

The horn pad problem should be resolvable. The soiled roof is not acceptable !
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:54   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Hi Guys, its been some time since I have posted something about my Safari Storme 4x4 which I purchased on 10th August 2015.

But here are a few thoughts!

!
In my opinion to make such a blanket statement is not correct. If you go through numerous owner experiences in this thread and 2014 thread, you will get satisfied owners both in terms of the product and after sales services (yes, you have to get the right service center). My Storme is about to complete 2 years with 36k on the Odo and has not given me any issue whatsoever to be unsatisfied with my drive. Agree with the irritation that creeps in when you have to live with these niggling issues but given how TATA cares for its customers, I advise you to highlight this issue to the Head Office and for sure you will find a resolution eg. My co pilot seat had rattling issues after 20k and when my dealer couldnt rectify the issue in two sittings, he wrote to TATA and in one correspondence I was offered a replacement. Its been working well since.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:51   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
In my opinion to make such a blanket statement is not correct. If you go through numerous owner experiences in this thread and 2014 thread, you will get satisfied owners both in terms of the product and after sales services (yes, you have to get the right service center). My Storme is about to complete 2 years with 36k on the Odo and has not given me any issue whatsoever to be unsatisfied with my drive. Agree with the irritation that creeps in when you have to live with these niggling issues but given how TATA cares for its customers, I advise you to highlight this issue to the Head Office and for sure you will find a resolution eg. My co pilot seat had rattling issues after 20k and when my dealer couldnt rectify the issue in two sittings, he wrote to TATA and in one correspondence I was offered a replacement. Its been working well since.
I completely agree with comments from garyag79 here as Safari is not a sub standard product at all. There are some niggling issues but those can easily be fixed. You need to figure out a dealership or a service center which can take care of your beast.

I would also recommend escalating the matter to the higher positions at the dealer level and also at the TATA Customer Care as also mentioned by navpreet318.

You would definitely get the resolution to all the issues that you have been facing so far once TATA acknowledges the same.

I have a Oct 2014 Safari Storme which has been driven 30K kms so far, and all I can say that it brings a wide grin to my face whenever I drive it. Simply in love with the beast!

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:44   #788
Senior - BHPian

Just drove Mysore Pune today some 900 odd kms in a little over 13 hours including breaks. Got around 11 kmpl and breezed past everything on the roads... that's the Storme for you ...
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:27   #789
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme a great SUV.. well that's what below link says

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...h/20160503.htm

Source: Motorbeam.
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 02:27   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Well I have arranged a clock too for my Storme LX but i doubt my bull has the harness for it. Is there a way you can share details on electrical fitment? When looked back, the clock has four pins to connect to harness. I need info on which pin is power etc...
Could you share some details on how the wiring was done finally? I would like to have it on my storme as well.
Old 16th September 2016, 15:57   #791
BHPian

Just Bumped into this article, thought I'd share it here

Quote:

2018 Tata Safari Render – Based on Land Rover design language

New generation Safari will be based on the same L550 platform, on which the now-discontinued Land Rover Discovery was based. Being developed in association with Land Rover engineers, the new Tata Safari will be a global SUV. Carrying a bit of Land Rover design language, updated engine options which will be more refined and powerful than the current one, more features, luxurious interiors and so on.

Powering the new Tata Safari will be a completely new 2.0 liter diesel engine. This is the same engine which Jeep will be using in their affordable made-in-India SUVs. Expect the power output to be in the range of 150 hp and 320 Nm.

Expected to be priced in the range of INR 10 lakh, new generation Safari SUV will be offered in a 7 seat arrangement. It will be primarily competing with Mahindra Scorpio, which is one of the best-selling cars in the segment.

Source: Rush Lane.com
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-2018tatasafarirender810x540.jpg  

gurthvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 16:19   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthvader View Post
Expected to be priced in the range of INR 10 lakh, new generation Safari SUV will be offered in a 7 seat arrangement. It will be primarily competing with Mahindra Scorpio, which is one of the best-selling cars in the segment.
A middle spec Safari Storme is more than 10 lakhs, but this article states that so *Landrover Discover Sport* based vehicle will be priced in the 10 Lakh range. Great !!

Last edited by 4x4addict : 16th September 2016 at 16:21.
Old 16th September 2016, 18:12   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
A middle spec Safari Storme is more than 10 lakhs, but this article states that so *Landrover Discover Sport* based vehicle will be priced in the 10 Lakh range. Great !!
I was just as surprised to read it, but then I thought that the writer may have been exaggerating for effect, you can however check the whole article here:

https://www.rushlane.com/2018-tata-s...-12206110.html

Everything aside, the rendered safari does look like a potential winner if launched
Old 16th October 2016, 16:49   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Clock got installed yesterday. Cost me Rs. 4032. It is illuminated and looks good at night too. Here are the daytime pics:
Ferruccio, please give details of the clock- where did you get it from, how did you get it installed, harness details etc. I want to get this done on my Storme. Service center here is not of much help.
Thanks,
Sourabh
Old 19th August 2017, 12:32   #795
BHPian

Need advice w.r.t Safari Storme purchase:

Hi ,
I need some specific inputs w.r.t. my impending purchase decision on an SUV. I have evaluated the following :
1. Ford Endeavour
2. Scorpio s10
3. Safari Storme vx 4x4

My past ownership has remained with ford for long, and pretty satisfactorily so, which was the reason for the endeavour to be the first TD vehicle. The dealer also set up a TD with a scorpio s10 . Ride quality was phenomenal in Endy and not so great in Scorpio, but obvious, however, scorpio was the consensus owing to space constraints, and manouverability.

Safari, rather tata vehicles were dissuaded by dealer in strongest of terms owing to A.S.S and niggling issues. however safari being what it is and the allure of the same, pushed me and wifey to take TD with it.

I am in NCR, and having gone through the threads in here, i had approached concorde at patparganj, however they didnt have any vehicle to showcase and were pretty slack on their response, first taste of Dealer apathy.

Googled on to find pahwa motors, in SDA, who were more than enthusiastic and made available a TD vehicle by evening, needless to say, TD , ride quality, power, prescence on road and finally manouverability were mindblowing.

so the fresh rating of vehicles as below:
1. Storme
2. Endeavour

here is the place that the advise is now sought ,:
1. as per dealer, he recommends Ex 4x2, stating that it is equivalent in all aspects except the 4x4(4H,4L) parts, rest all being more than sufficient to meet the travel needs and not the extreme off roading requirements. Having never owned a SUV, this is a critical piece of advice that will help me. Request you to kindly share your inputs and wisdom wrt this.

2.Additional question that pops up, " is there a new /facelift for Storme expected? If yes, any timeframe that is on horizon? Google doenst give inputs on the above query, which is even more the reason to post it here. Inputs appreciated

The above 2 queries i believe are the staring point for the new journey , and from those who've walked these paths earlier, suggestions will make it easier to undertake.

thank you in anticipation

PS:
1. I have done Noida-Leh-amritsar-Noida(excluding hanle, where in approach road was too much post 65 Kms for my fiesta) , Noida-gujrat-noida, major places in uttarakhand in my ford fiesta, to give a view on my travels so far, if that is a criteria as well.

2. I didnt know any other place to raise these queries, in case the placement of my query is incorrect, please pardon and re-direct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks