Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 10:18   #556
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
1. Insurance being provided by Concorde is either Cholamandalam or New India. Chola is Rs 50 K (comprehensive); New India is Rs 50 K comprehensive and Rs 55K for the 0 depreciation policy. Thankfully no insistence from the dealer to pick from either of them.

2. I took quotes from Bajaj Allianz and Future Generali. BA quote is Rs 36 K for comprehensive and Rs 46 K for the 0 depreciation. FG is (hold your breath!) Rs 29 K for comprehensive and Rs 33 K for 0 depreciation and the Sales agent was quick to offer another 2 K on the 0 depreciation if i went ahead. So effectively 31 K!

My company also has a tie up with FG for all Leased vehicles so I am pretty much sold on it. Any feedback on Future Generali or knowledge about why the quote is so much lower?
Check with UII. zero dep policy with 7 passengers accident insurance cost me 26.5K for IDV of 9.95 for my TATA ARIA. Claim procedure was good, had a claim also in the first year. No hassles.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:15   #557
Senior - BHPian

1. What is stopping TATA from installing a Display console with navigation on this beast if it is already available on zest/Bolt?

2. Does a powerful engine coupled with better quality than XUV500 make sense over the price to features ratio that Mahindra offers? I know Xuv500 and Storme are two difference platforms but most people will compare these two.

I love the New Storme and its quality. A powerful engine just made it more awesome but the features on this car are still 5 years old to justify a purchase.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:35   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
1. What is stopping TATA from installing a Display console with navigation on this beast if it is already available on zest/Bolt?

2. Does a powerful engine coupled with better quality than XUV500 make sense over the price to features ratio that Mahindra offers? I know Xuv500 and Storme are two difference platforms but most people will compare these two.

I love the New Storme and its quality. A powerful engine just made it more awesome but the features on this car are still 5 years old to justify a purchase.

Well the Storme does not compare favourably with the XUV 500 in terms of features but it is a darn good SUV. If you like the "core" of the vehicle, the add -on'd will not bother you so much. That is what I did and I was able to close on the Storme.
rajneeesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:07   #559
ISO
BANNED

Quote:

Interestingly Storme is more compared with XUV than Scorpio.

There is fundamental difference between two, makes Storme better i.e.

1. Rear wheel drive

2. Double wishbone suspension.

I read some where that XUV stumbles climbing steep incline due to front wheel drive.

Also personally I did not find clutch of XUV comfortable. It operates more like ON/OFF fashion than gradual releasing.

During test drive SA warned me not to give accelerator input starting from stand still. Also I found idling RPM too high. All this make it scary to drive in bumper to bumper traffic.
ISO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:38   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata has made a big mistake with the dash. All they had to do was lift the entire interior package (dash, steering, door panels, seats and other pieces of trim) from the Aria and transplant them into the Storme. They could have used the stereo unit from the Zest/Bolt or even the Zica here.
Old 4th December 2015, 14:14   #561
BHPian

Great torque & power.

BUT....interiors....no inbuilt navigation system...

Not exactly elated.

Why are they adding bit by bit??
Old 4th December 2015, 14:34   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Well the Storme does not compare favourably with the XUV 500 in terms of features but it is a darn good SUV. If you like the "core" of the vehicle, the add -on'd will not bother you so much. That is what I did and I was able to close on the Storme.
I Love the Storme too and I also appreciate better quality than more features. But XUV500 numbers have a good story to tell compared to the Storme's legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Interestingly Storme is more compared with XUV than Scorpio.

There is fundamental difference between two, makes Storme better i.e.

1. Rear wheel drive

2. Double wishbone suspension.

I read some where that XUV stumbles climbing steep incline due to front wheel drive.

Also personally I did not find clutch of XUV comfortable. It operates more like ON/OFF fashion than gradual releasing.

During test drive SA warned me not to give accelerator input starting from stand still. Also I found idling RPM too high. All this make it scary to drive in bumper to bumper traffic.
Even when compared to the scorpio, the Mahindra beast is loaded to the gills with features. Any Safari buyer will be lured into buying the Scorpio. I hated how the XUV500 drove on my Single handed drive from Bangalore to Coorg via Mysore with 5 people on board.

One will not pay the asking price for Safari storme just because it is well built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Tata has made a big mistake with the dash. All they had to do was lift the entire interior package (dash, steering, door panels, seats and other pieces of trim) from the Aria and transplant them into the Storme. They could have used the stereo unit from the Zest/Bolt or even the Zica here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Great torque & power.

Not exactly elated.

Exactly my point. Both the vehicles are based on the same platform. A lot could've been transferred on the Storme. Not a good decision IMHO unless Tata foresaw quality niggles. (Aria unit doesnt play bluetooth audio IIRC).
Old 4th December 2015, 14:41   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great torque & power.

Not exactly elated.

They are adding bit by bit, and that too when the lower segment cars from Tata are better equipped. They could have made it better selling by adding the same bits to the Storme too. Having said that, I am eagerly waiting for my 400NM version since I found it far more comfortable than Scorpio and more capable than XUV.
Old 4th December 2015, 14:46   #564
BHPian

Mine is a 2007 Beast. Maintaining it is a big problem.

Will go for a new one next year. Will wait and watch feedback of Storme 400 owners. Then take a call.

Heard that a new 2016 version will also be launched. Two bits of improvements and they will call it Storme 2016..
Old 6th December 2015, 09:52   #565
Senior - BHPian

[quote=devarshi84;3862543]I Love the Storme too and I also appreciate better quality than more features. But XUV500 numbers have a good story to tell compared to the Storme's legacy.

Well the XUV is a good vehile but at best a soft roader/ crossover. More people will buy it because it meets their requirements. However, you should set your priorities and decide accordingly. The Safari is a SUV which a lot of other vehicles are not. I am not defending Tata Motors for not providing the features which the buyers demand, but I would rather buy based on my needs than what 80 % of the people seem to be doing.
Old 6th December 2015, 09:58   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great torque & power.

Not exactly elated.

Safari Storme has very good quality interiors. It may lack a front facing third row but the plastic quality is very good. Navigation is something which should be provided especially as the vehicle is supposed to be taken off road and to roads and regions less travelled.

However, that is not a deal breaker and can be taken as an after market accessory.. Why the Fortuner lack something mas important as rear disc brakes and still sells in large numbers.

Tata Motors should concentate on making the Sales and Service experience better to get more people to buy its products. That is the real deal breaker for a lot of people.
Old 6th December 2015, 10:05   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a 2007 Beast. Maintaining it is a big problem.

Will go for a new one next year. Will wait and watch feedback of Storme 400 owners. Then take a call.

Heard that a new 2016 version will also be launched. Two bits of improvements and they will call it Storme 2016..
What are the major maintenance issues in your car?

I took a smallish test drive of 400NM on Friday. Feel wise it is no different from 320. Can't comment on power as the traffic conditions did not allow to test it.
Old 6th December 2015, 10:21   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
What are the major maintenance issues in your car?

I took a smallish test drive of 400NM on Friday. Feel wise it is no different from 320. Can't comment on power as the traffic conditions did not allow to test it.
Sourabhzen,
Which dealer did you go to for the test drive?
Old 6th December 2015, 12:58   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Sourabhzen,
Which dealer did you go to for the test drive?
Concorde, however they said that official test drives will take some time to start. This vehicle arrived in their stock yard on Thursday and apparently is back to the stockyard till official announcement.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:21   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I took a smallish test drive of 400Nm on Friday. Feel wise it is no different from 320. Can't comment on power as the traffic conditions did not allow to test it.
Dear Sourabh - go on the open road and then see. You will enjoy looking in your rear view mirrors to see "just overtaken" cars as mere blips and then disappearing very fast from those screens as well. Find out!

and .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks