Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 21:44   #721
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

The ban on such cars was also revoked sometime back.

http://overdrive.in/news/gauhati-high-court-revokes-ban-on-sale-of-certain-cars-in-assam/
Old 13th September 2015, 21:56   #722
BHPian

Ohh, sorry. My bad. I read that in indiatimes online version I guess. So thought it was correct only.
Old 15th September 2015, 14:43   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hello to all.

I had a query with regards to operating the rear window defogger. Suppose the window is all fogged up from inside then approximately how much time does it take for the defogger to clear it up? And once the window has been defogged should I switch off the defogger, or leave it on for the duration of the drive? Incase I do leave it switched on by mistake, does it tend to drain the battery?

Faced a situation yesterday evening when I found all 6 windows to be completely fogged up. Since I have never used a defogger before I actually wiped all of them with a cloth.
In such a case 1st thing to do it turn on AC at full speed and windscreens will get clear.
Rear defogger takes time to clear and should be put ON whenever there is lack of visiblity. It takes around 3-5 min to clear off.
Tip - Glass catches fog whenever there is a major temperature differnece between inside and outside temperature. So best thing to do is intake outside air and keep fan only, don't turn on AC. Turn on AC when you have more occupancy in car as with more people in car air inside is always hotter than outside.
mach2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:27   #724

Jazz CVT vs TUV300 AMT

From the thread of Rajeevraj (automatics under 10 lakhs), it was clear that CVT gives better driving experience in terms of speed and smoothness compared to AMT. But, is this a considerable difference to give away the SUV-ish features (good road view, tough & masculine, less bouncy ride etc) of TUV300 AMT and go for Jazz CVT?

There is approx 1.5 lakhs difference between Jazz V-CVT and TUV300 T8 AMT.
Old 15th September 2015, 23:05   #725
BHPian

These two cars are really not comparable as they belong to different segments. Honda has a track record of proven engines and transmissions, plus the Jazz is car which is well established across the globe. M&M's new vehicles usually have some niggles which take some to get fixed.
Old 15th September 2015, 23:19   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksriharish View Post
Jazz CVT vs TUV300 AMT
You are trying to compare 2 different mills here...Jazz CVT is Petrol vs TUV300 AMT is Diesel. They both are in different leagues. So it all depends on your requirement, usage, purpose, etc. I would strongly suggest taking multiple test drives of both and pick the best one that ticks off all or most of your boxes.

Also consider the ASS and dealerships available. Typically, Mahindra's are prone to some minor issues but they might be cheaper to maintain compared to Hondas. In this case the difference in engines might offset the lower maintenance cost of Mahindras over Hondas.

Last edited by thatsdileep : 15th September 2015 at 23:21.
Old 16th September 2015, 15:54   #727
BANNED

I feel there should be speed sensitive Auto lock in Jazz and which is missing. Its a safety issue for kids if they play around with the door handle and should be present in all cars.

Can some one write this to Honda people and if they can program the ECU for this, I am sure there is not much of work to do this. I am not good at writing so I'm asking if some can do the same.
Old 16th September 2015, 17:12   #728
BHPian

It is not present in the elite either
Old 16th September 2015, 17:21   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
I feel there should be speed sensitive Auto lock in Jazz and which is missing. Its a safety issue for kids if they play around with the door handle and should be present in all cars.

Sorry if i sound harsh, but, child locks have been provided in cars for the same reason mentioned by you. Small children should never be seated in the front seat, and rear doors can have the child lock enabled.
I do agree that speed sensitive locks should be there, for front occupants safety, so that doors cannot be opened from outside, incase we Forget locking manually.
Old 17th September 2015, 10:10   #730
BHPian

Quote:

Can some one write this to Honda people and if they can program the ECU for this, I am sure there is not much of work to do this. I am not good at writing so I'm asking if some can do the same.

I am with you on this. Honda should have given it in all models. More over they even skipped lock/unlock button. That is too much cost cutting. I wonder what does top management thinks before skipping on such things. I will surely write and would want everyone to send an email to Honda to make them realize how stupid they have acted by not giving it.
ankit_chd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 17:34   #731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Sorry if i sound harsh, but, child locks have been provided in cars for the same reason mentioned by you. .
You cannot have child lock on everytime when you dont have kids. Also this was just one of the reason and further you dont want your car unlock at the traffic signals or some traffic jams.

Yes you can lock it manually but you will have to get used to it, but since my all other cars lock automatically so people like me will tend to forget to lock the doors.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:16   #732
BHPian

Quote:

+1
I test drove the CVT. I really liked the combination of CVT with paddle shifters.

The turn off was no magic seats in CVT Topend. Jazz is knows for its versatile seats and Honda decided CVT customers don't deserve Magic seats.

Auto lock was another glaring omission.

Add to all of this, I didn't find the plastics to feel like a 10L OTR car.
Old 21st September 2015, 09:11   #733
BHPian

Today morning this happened in my JAZZ VCVT Petrol version.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz_cvt_mileage.jpg

from Gottigeri (Bannergatta Road) --> Nice Road --> Hosur Road --> Oxford College

Total stretch around 15kms
Highway ~90%
Mileage: 26.7 km/l

Fuel Used: Shell premium petrol
Air temp: 21deg
Traffic: fairly less
Top speed: 80kmp on NICE road, 60kmph on Hosur road

in bumper to bumper traffic usually 13 ~ 14kmpl over the weekend.
Total distance i have covered in the new jazz 97km only.

Will post more.

Last edited by groom : 21st September 2015 at 09:12. Reason: added information.
groom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 09:16   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
I am with you on this. Honda should have given it in all models. More over they even skipped lock/unlock button. That is too much cost cutting. I wonder what does top management thinks before skipping on such things. I will surely write and would want everyone to send an email to Honda to make them realize how stupid they have acted by not giving it.

The lock unlock button is right next to the manual central locking on the driver's side. Hence having two things doing the same function is needless.

On the other hand, the lock/unlock button also had central locking programming inputs. (hold the key down for five seconds, we could change the way lock/ unlock works while driving),

The automatic locking convenience is lost.
Old 21st September 2015, 16:49   #735

Hi T-BHPians,

This is my first post. I am in the market for my first car, with a budget of 8lacs OTR, DELHI. I always wanted to drive a modern machine which coupled looks, practicality and decent performance. Like a host of other informed readers/potential buyers, I was a fence sitter on the Jazz v/s Elite i20 debate. Although i have to admit, my heart always said Jazz (as i have always been a fan of this car from its earlier avatar in India), but the head had its doubts (especially after pouring through the reviews both here, and the video reviews on youtube (autocar India, NDTV etc) in which the i20 just nosed ahead of the Jazz. However, after TDing the Petrol Jazz, my head was convinced to JAZZ it up , since my preference was for a petrol car (given my daily commute will be less than 50kms) I have gone ahead and booked a Jazz V (golden brown metallic) (I just thought that the V MT variant made the most sense, and VFM proposition) and have decided to take delivery on Diwali Now i have a couple of nagging questions regarding the insurance part. Although I want to go for Honda Assure, but the quotation from the showroom is almost 10K higher than the offer online (I want to go with the base insurance+Zero Dep. +RSA plan). I am confused, as what should i choose, since i am a first timer w.r.t car purchase, request all Honda car owners to guide me on this one...is the Assure plan worth such premium? I am also looking for advice on accessories for my new car (reverse parking sensors, door mats, mud flaps, arm rest, seat covers etc). I am keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming festive season will help me get some goodies free from the dealer but dont think that will happen, as the Honda Jazz is quite a hit given the 2 months sales report
ShanJazz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed