Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 11:20   #946
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I have been enjoying my Jazz V CVT for almost a week and I love it!

I have no issues with low end torque, the power is adequate and I have generously used paddle shifts in the city. Sometimes I am at D7 at speeds of 50 kmph by upshifting early on the other end pull the paddle, down shift and you have peppy performance. I have similar paddle shifters on the Accord but Jazz has better and smoother shifts.

Space is awesome, thats one USP and and other USP being more Space. Its hard the beat the packaging of space. Dimension figure on paper is one thing but packaging is another, Jazz is brilliant there.

There are no gadgets to pamper but I like it simple, I still like to turn the key to start the car. I am not a fan of Auto Climate Control in any car, I hardly use the auto mode for AC.

The brake pedal is a bit spongy something similar to Innova. I am used to it now. Head lights are very good no need for an upgrade.

One thing I hate is the ORVM. The ORVMS don't cover a lot of area and viewing is strictly average.

My bluetooth works fine, Music system is average and reverse camera is useful.

After the Launch of Baleno I do see Honda either giving discount or more features. I don't think Honda has been targeting huge numbers with Jazz and I feel Jazz will still do similar numbers due to fanboys. Time will tell !

Last edited by ampere : 4th November 2015 at 22:56. Reason: Fixed typo
tazmaan is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:16   #947
Senior - BHPian

Hi k.sumit,
I have a diesel City and in 27000+ kms there has never been any vibrations in any gears till now. So, the statement that City also has vibrations isn't true at least in diesel one. Petrol City owners can comment if they had felt any.

Totally agree that it does take a bit of pleasure out of the drive. To say that all Jazz have same issue is ridiculous and they must find a way to correct it and improve their quality control.
Old 27th October 2015, 14:40   #948
BHPian

My dealer is saying my Jazz has arrived and to come to finish paperwork.
I want to wait till Nov to find out if there are any promotions on Jazz.
If the paperwork gets done in Oct and car is delivered on 3rd Nov and if any Jazz as promotions n Nov, do they apply to my car?
I mean what is effective date when current price & promotions are applied?
Is it paperwork date or delivery date?

Thanks
rawnak
Old 27th October 2015, 14:50   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawnak View Post
If the paperwork gets done in Oct and car is delivered on 3rd Nov and if any Jazz as promotions n Nov, do they apply to my car?

Thanks
rawnak
Once you complete your paperwork, you will not get anything from the dealer. It is only speculation that Jazz might get discounts going forward due to Baleno launch. Actual discounts will only start happening when the stocks start piling up and they want to push the sales. It might take about 2-3 months for the actual effect to be felt.

One thing you can do it to mention to your dealer that you are waiting for Baleno Test Drive before you can confirm payment and that might give you some bargaining window. On the flip side, the dealer might allocate your car to someone else if there is a queue. If you dont have any urgent need to get the car at the earliest, it is best to wait for a month or two before taking the final call.
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:21   #950

Quote:

Thanks
rawnak
This is exactly the same predicament that plagues yours truly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Actual discounts will only start happening when the stocks start piling up and they want to push the sales. It might take about 2-3 months for the actual effect to be felt.

One thing you can do it to mention to your dealer that you are waiting for Baleno Test Drive before you can confirm payment and that might give you some bargaining window. On the flip side, the dealer might allocate your car to someone else if there is a queue. If you dont have any urgent need to get the car at the earliest, it is best to wait for a month or two before taking the final call.
One point worth noting will be that in 2 months time, there will be "presumably" a huge backlog of "2015 manufactured" Jazzes in the inventory. Based on this premise, come January 2016, Honda will provide "sizable" discounts/freebies to mobilise that older inventory plus the "shortfall" in sales figures for the last 2 months of 2015, because of the Baleno effect. I would like to share 1 point that my Honda SA told me is that in November and December it is typical for "car makers" to go slow on the "production" (as a "risk mitigation" effort) as the demand for "these vehicles" are lesser in a new year. So my guess is that potential Jazz buyers in early 2016, who are ready to accept 2015 manufactured car will get the maximum bang for their buck!!!
Old 27th October 2015, 16:13   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
This is exactly the same predicament that plagues yours truly!!!

I would like to share 1 point that my Honda SA told me is that in November and December it is typical for "car makers" to go slow on the "production" (as a "risk mitigation" effort) as the demand for "these vehicles" are lesser in a new year.
The date of the invoice will be taken to decide the offers for that particular month. However, it depends on the 'rapport' you have with the dealership / SA to be able to get a better deal etc.

Most car manufacturers dont have any production planned in the last 2-3 weeks of Dec and use it to conduct preventive maintenance of the factory etc. That way they dont end up with a pile of inventory of 2015 stock to be sold in 2016.
Old 27th October 2015, 22:25   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Hi k.sumit,
I have a diesel City and in 27000+ kms there has never been any vibrations in any gears till now. So, the statement that City also has vibrations isn't true at least in diesel one. Petrol City owners can comment if they had felt any.

Totally agree that it does take a bit of pleasure out of the drive. To say that all Jazz have same issue is ridiculous and they must find a way to correct it and improve their quality control.
Hey! Apologies for any confusion but I forgot to mention that this issue is with petrol vehicles only and the diesel gearbox is different since its a six speed transmission. The SA and Delhi and Indore confirmed that they have only seen this issue in petrol vehicles and no one using the diesel variants have reported this issue. I may be wrong about it but this is what the SA had to say. The City and Amaze I drove at Indore were also petrol. I'm sure not all units of Jazz will have this issue and I am keeping a close watch on this. If I observe any increase in the intensity of vibration, I'll ask them to replace the required parts or the entire gearbox. Lets hope that the need does not arise but after using the slick gear box of Hyundai, I find the Jazz's gear box to be notchy, specially when down shifting between 3rd to 2nd.
Old 28th October 2015, 19:51   #953
BHPian

X-Posting

Honda Fit / Jazz and City Getting 1.0 Turbo Three-Cylinder Engine by 2017
Old 30th October 2015, 17:04   #954
BHPian

Guys,

I paid for the Jazz V CVT (sunset orange) car, expect delivery coming Wednesday.
Need little more advice on 3M treatments.
For a new car, which 3M treatments are beneficial & their associated costs?

Also, the car has MRF tires, any concerns that I should be aware of or any swap options?

Thanks
rawnak
Old 31st October 2015, 18:59   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I paid for the Jazz V CVT (sunset orange) car, expect delivery coming Wednesday.
Need little more advice on 3M treatments.
For a new car, which 3M treatments are beneficial & their associated costs?

Also, the car has MRF tires, any concerns that I should be aware of or any swap options?

Thanks
rawnak
Hey Rawnak

Many congratulations to you! For a start you might want to consider getting an underbody coating done. It is available with a 2 or 4 year warranty. Take your pick! The one with the 4 year warranty costs around 4500 INR

Additionally, if so you think, get the ppf film applied on the bumpers, door lines and mirrors. All of them included should be in the 20000 ballpark. From the cosmetics standpoint, i think a black roof(6000) would look absolutely smashing on an orange vehicle. Please do a dry run of this if you do go ahead with this one.

MRFs are generally associated with a lot of road noise but, not everyone may feel the need to upgrade. These being hard compound, last longer and are more durable(less susceptible to sidewall damage and the likes). If you do have an issue with the MRFs, should then consider upgrading to Michelins or something else of your choice.

The key would be to swap within the first 100 kms on the tacho or the exchange rate will dwindle way too much as you drive further beyong that point.

P.S. Any further queries will be answered only on the condition that a detailed ownership review will be put up shortly

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 31st October 2015 at 19:03.
MetalBuff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:25   #956
BHPian

Shivang,

Thanks a ton for your reply.
I will definitely get underbody coating done.

Black roof is great suggestion, may be black racing stripes to go along,
I will inquire from my local 3M (Sarjapur Rd).

Based on your suggestion, I will stay with MRF then. I want good sidewall protection, have had 2 times sidewall punctures on my honda city due to potholes.

Ownership thread is for sure in pipeline.

Thanks again.
rawnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hey Rawnak

Many congratulations to you! For a start you might want to consider getting an underbody coating done. It is available with a 2 or 4 year warranty. Take your pick! The one with the 4 year warranty costs around 4500 INR

Additionally, if so you think, get the ppf film applied on the bumpers, door lines and mirrors. All of them included should be in the 20000 ballpark. From the cosmetics standpoint, i think a black roof(6000) would look absolutely smashing on an orange vehicle. Please do a dry run of this if you do go ahead with this one.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th November 2015 at 06:16. Reason: Post quote trimmed.
rawnak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:55   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Looks like Honda has already hit the panic button. When I was scouting for a car, I did TD Jazz with Deccan Honda here in Pune. Though I loved it immensely but at the price of SV iVTech I was able to grab a Figo 1.5D, that's another matter.

My SA from Deccan Honda had called and I had conveyed my decision a good 15 days ago. Turns out, I got 2 calls yesterday from Deccan Honda asking about my decision. The 2nd call in particular seemed like a conf-call with at least 2-3 people seated on the other side. They asked in details about the factors that swayed my decision. To me it was a clear cut Baleno effect.

My intuition, be ready for some discounts for Jazz in the coming days!!
One other thing Honda can/should do is fix my long standing gripe about providing the same seat configuration as the VX across variants, that should pull some buyers at least. yes coming 3-4 months will decide if Honda needs to worry at all.

Jazz has realy USP over every other car in terms of space and utilitarian purpose hope Honda makes good use of the USP.
WRXXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:32   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
One other thing Honda can/should do is fix my long standing gripe about providing the same seat configuration as the VX across variants, that should pull some buyers at least. yes coming 3-4 months will decide if Honda needs to worry at all.

Jazz has realy USP over every other car in terms of space and utilitarian purpose hope Honda makes good use of the USP.
I don't think Honda would be too(ooo) worried particularly with they looking at launching the BR-V soon enough. They would have been if their production capacity was similar to Maruti's which isn't the case.

Also, the magic seats are the only thing that make the VX what it is. The music system is a step lower than what's found in the SV and V. Sure, black upholstery looks good but, not a deal breaker. So, if they load the V with magic seats, that would mean killing the VX variant which anyways isn't the most popular that we see on the roads .

If they do decide to do get the above done, I'll be one happy chap ! Or please Honda, give us projectors/ 16" alloys!!!!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 3rd November 2015 at 14:01.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:51   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Also, the magic seats are the only thing that make the VX what it is. The music system is a step lower than what's found in the SV and V. Sure, black upholstery looks good but, not a deal breaker. So, if they load the V with magic seats, that would mean killing the VX variant which anyways isn't the most popular that we see on the roads .
This is unfortunately Honda's weird way of releasing the new Jazz which most of the members were shocked to hear at the launch time! In fact the old Jazz had the magic seats standard across all the variants. My point to Honda is try to get your volumes high going forward with more feature packing and VFM variants, but Honda doesn't seem to be interested in that. And that, it has shown in numerous occasions so far.

But good point is I do see a lot of Jazz's on the road which is good for the product and its sustenance. Indian public has welcomed Jazz strictly speaking despite of the the high pricing. But this is an exclusive club for sure!
WRXXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:02   #960
BHPian

I have been negotiating with couple of dealers but looks like even during the year end no offers are being doled out. I am looking for a V CVT but max I am getting is mud flaps and mats. One is offering seat cover but not sure of quality. Anyone else who have got something in the market

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks