Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 10:47   #976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hello to all. Given the fact that the current Jazz doesn't have auto/speed locking doors I have noticed a pecularity in my car on two occasions.

In both the instances I had unlocked my car using the remote however I got busy with something. The doors got automatically locked after around 10 seconds or so. I don't remember the exact time though cause I never actually timed the entire episode.
Yes, that is a feature in Jazz.
If you unlock parked car and donot open any of the doors for a few seconds, the doors again get locked.
jeet8686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 11:28   #977
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Hello to all. Given the fact that the current Jazz doesn't have auto/speed locking doors I have noticed a pecularity in my car on two occasions.

In both the instances I had unlocked my car using the remote however I got busy with something. The doors got automatically locked after around 10 seconds or so. I don't remember the exact time though cause I never actually timed the entire episode. The very first time this had happened I thought I had accidently pressed the 'lock' button on the remote. However yesterday when it happened again I am 100% sure that I didnt.

Is this some feature that is present in the current Jazz or any of the previous generations? If it isn't has anybody noticed the same?
This is normal behavior. Same as in the old Jazz and many other cars I believe. I guess this is for the case where you accidentally unlock the car and forget to lock.
If you unlock and switch ON the engine, this behavior will not happen.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 12:49   #978

Hi Guys,

Happy Diwali to you all.

I remember reading the TBHP review of the Jazz in which it was highlighted that the "inside of the fuel lid area" only had primer finish and no paint, and also Honda having drawn considerable ire of some of the fellow members here for being so callous to detailing and quality.

Well, this is to clarify that my Jazz has a proper "paint" on the above mentioned area (see pic-apologies for the grainy nature of this pic under flash) I don't remember if any owner of the new Jazz has clarified on this point before. It may also be true that Honda may have taken a "corrective" step to address this "miss" once the initial reviews of the car was brought to their attention!!! Either way, thats one lacunae put to rest now.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20151110_221156.jpg  

ShanJazz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 17:24   #979

Hi All,

Took delivery of the new Honda Jazz SV MT iVTEC [Urban Titanium] just in time for Diwali in Chennai.

I am immensely thankful to the fellow members in the forum whose advice and expert observations helped me make my decision for my first car. I have been profusely reading all the posts on this forum about the Jazz since January when I started the hunt for my new car.

I booked the car on 17th September and was specific about the color UT and our second choice was Carnelian Red. We were keen to wait for UT and initially the waiting period was said about 40 days. But we received a call from dealership that the vehicle was available in the first week of October. But unfortunately, I was taking the vehicle through company car leasing which process took around a month. After a month of restlessness, we wanted to bring it home in time for Diwali.

The car costed around Rs. 7.78 Lakhs bare bones without any free accessories. We din't want to delay the delivery for fitting the accessories and wanted to get it done after we brought the car home.

Everyone at home are pleased so far with the vehicle's smoothness and spacious design. Now the hunt starts for right accessories and protective gear.

Few of my friends suggested underbody coat from 3M as it has been raining heavily in our city in the past week but when I read about that in this forum, there were many suggesting that doing that on the new car would be futile as
it comes from factory with a layer of protection and would be useful to wait for sometime to get it done. When I checked with the SA, he said, the car comes only with chasis coat and rest of the under body needs to be given the
same treatment as soon as possible due to the rains to prevent rusting. So, I was confused. Any pointers on the same would be much appreciated.

Also, suggested must have accessories for a new car like seat covers, ppf (if required) and best places to buy them for this car are very welcome.

Thanks to all the folks in this forum. It is a tremendous help for a newbie like me to gather information and form an opinion.

Cheers,
Giri
angel_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 19:06   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_007 View Post
Few of my friends suggested underbody coat from 3M as it has been raining heavily in our city in the past week but when I read about that in this forum, there were many suggesting that doing that on the new car would be futile as
it comes from factory with a layer of protection and would be useful to wait for sometime to get it done. When I checked with the SA, he said, the car comes only with chasis coat and rest of the under body needs to be given the
same treatment as soon as possible due to the rains to prevent rusting.
Congrats Giri on becoming a proud owner of the Jazz.

I had read about new cars coming with a basic underbody coating to prevent rust. However given that coastal cities like Chennai and Mumbai have above average humidity levels throughout the year it does make sense to get a proper antirust treatment done on vehicles. This is important especially if you plan to keep your vehicle long term. In our family 'long term' has meant 10 years on average. Hence both our current vehicles got the anti rust treatment on the underbody. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 12th November 2015 at 19:07.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 11:32   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_007 View Post
Hi All,

Took delivery of the new Honda Jazz SV MT iVTEC [Urban Titanium] just in time for Diwali in Chennai.

Few of my friends suggested underbody coat from 3M as it has been raining heavily in our city in the past week but when I read about that in this forum, there were many suggesting that doing that on the new car would be futile as it comes from factory with a layer of protection and would be useful to wait for sometime to get it done. When I checked with the SA, he said, the car comes only with chasis coat and rest of the under body needs to be given the same treatment as soon as possible due to the rains to prevent rusting. So, I was confused. Any pointers on the same would be much appreciated.

Also, suggested must have accessories for a new car like seat covers, ppf (if required) and best places to buy them for this car are very welcome.

Cheers,
Giri
Many Congratulations Giri,

Considering the fact that you are based out of a coastal city, I would also go with the suggestion that your friends made i.e. to go with the 3M under-body coating immediately. Apart from the perceived protection from rust it also dampens the road noise considerably adding to the smooth drives.

About the additional accessories, my take would be:
1. An additional set of mats, Kagu 3D or others, a must to keep the Honda provided fabric mats in immaculate condition at all times.
2. Perhaps a non-slip/ anti-slip mat to be kept on the dashboard for holding-on to mobile phones/ wallets, etc.
3. A pair of micro-fiber cleaning towels + a small bottle of cleaning spray. [I see this necessary in case of bird droppings, at times they could be acidic and its recommended to take it off at the soonest.]
4. A car perfume. If you are not used to the ones available over the counters at most super-markets these days, I recommend this one http://www.herbalstrategi.com/herbal...air-freshener/
5. A comprehensive list of accessories(mostly cosmetic) is also available here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...ext=honda+jazz
6. Here is the TBHP thread on 'Must have accessories in a car':
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-new-car.html

However, think twice before ordering for any electric accessories like tail lights, LEDs, etc as tampering with original Honda wiring to install any of these can void the respective warranty.

--Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 13th November 2015 at 12:01. Reason: Added a new link
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:36   #982
BHPian

Congrats on your honda jazz! I am taking delivery of my V CVT tomorrow and very excited as I always am with my new car. So I have taken the seat cover floor mats and mud gaurd (all part of the deal). I have also paid for the rear sensors which I feel is more useful than the camera and DRL from honda. Also planning to upgrade my tyres and alloys tomm (Momo alloys and michelin primacy 3 ST 195 60 R15 planned).

I will update the thread with pics and details soon.
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:44   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congrats on your honda jazz! I am taking delivery of my V CVT tomorrow and very excited as I always am with my new car. So I have taken the seat cover floor mats and mud gaurd (all part of the deal). I have also paid for the rear sensors which I feel is more useful than the camera and DRL from honda. Also planning to upgrade my tyres and alloys tomm (Momo alloys and michelin primacy 3 ST 195 60 R15 planned).

I will update the thread with pics and details soon.
Congrats and wishing you a hassle free ownership!!! Can you provide more detials on how much the on road cost is in chennai and were you allowed to get insurance outside? Also any discounts being offered now that baleno is starting to get a chunk of bookings?

It will be really great if you can post some detailed drive impressions in different scenarios with the CVT. An ownership thread will be even better
Old 14th November 2015, 19:20   #984

Quote:
Congrats Giri on becoming a proud owner of the Jazz.

I had read about new cars coming with a basic underbody coating to prevent rust. However given that coastal cities like Chennai and Mumbai have above average humidity levels throughout the year it does make sense to get a proper antirust treatment done on vehicles. This is important especially if you plan to keep your vehicle long term. In our family 'long term' has meant 10 years on average. Hence both our current vehicles got the anti rust treatment on the underbody. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many Congratulations Giri,

Considering the fact that you are based out of a coastal city, I would also go with the suggestion that your friends made i.e. to go with the 3M under-body coating immediately. Apart from the perceived protection from rust it also dampens the road noise considerably adding to the smooth drives.

About the additional accessories, my take would be:
1. An additional set of mats, Kagu 3D or others, a must to keep the Honda provided fabric mats in immaculate condition at all times.
2. Perhaps a non-slip/ anti-slip mat to be kept on the dashboard for holding-on to mobile phones/ wallets, etc.
3. A pair of micro-fiber cleaning towels + a small bottle of cleaning spray. [I see this necessary in case of bird droppings, at times they could be acidic and its recommended to take it off at the soonest.]
4. A car perfume. If you are not used to the ones available over the counters at most super-markets these days, I recommend this one http://www.herbalstrategi.com/herbal...air-freshener/
5. A comprehensive list of accessories(mostly cosmetic) is also available here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...ext=honda+jazz
6. Here is the TBHP thread on 'Must have accessories in a car':
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-new-car.html

However, think twice before ordering for any electric accessories like tail lights, LEDs, etc as tampering with original Honda wiring to install any of these can void the respective warranty.

--Kalyan
Thank you Flanker99 & Kalyan for your valuable inputs.

I guess I will get the underbody coat done as soon as possible given the fact that we are seeing heavy rains in the past week.

Thanks much for the link. It is quite useful and the discussion in that thread puts thing into perspective. Thanks for the aliexpress link as well. It never occurred to me to search for accessories in that site as i was confined to the Indian ones. It has quite a few interesting accessories which I will try out in the future. Will try to buy the arm rest first to see how it ships to my city.
Old 15th November 2015, 16:22   #985
BHPian

Dear AllThoseCuriousAboutHondaJazzAutomatic Friends,

I have been talking about my 'booked' Jazz V CVT for a few days.

NOW, I can declare that I am a proud owner!

In fact, I became a proud owner on 30 Oct 2015. I am just barely getting around to putting my comments and photos together.

Since this is my first report, I request the mods to edit it as required and please let me know how I can improve. Of course, all others may also feel free to give constructive suggestions!

I have yet to write up about how I selected this particular model. I feel that could be a lengthy write-up and may happen in the next few days.

Let me try to make it sequential....

After selecting the model and dealer, I booked the Honda Jazz V CVT from Deccan Honda, Pimpri, Pune on 22 or 23 August 2015. I was promised a delivery about 22 October 2015.

I arranged my own finance from ICICI Bank.

The car cost me about Rs 9.33 lac on road. I took accessories worth about Rs 0.31 lac from the dealer. I got under-body, engine, silencer work and paint sealing done from 3M, which cost me another Rs 0.10 lac. So landed outflow came to 9.33 + 0.31 + 0.10 = Rs 9.74 lac (approx).

My family had strongly voted for Orchid Pearl White and the coming photos will prove that this was a good decision.

The car left the factory on 16 Oct. It reached Pune on 23 Oct. After completing formalities, I got the car on 30 Oct. I exchanged my Honda City ZX VTEC 2006 model on the same day. Unfortunately, the RTO series expired at the same time! Consequently, I had to wait for one whole week before I could get the number plate!

I had to use my wife's WagonR and she had to use auto-rickshaws!

Anyway, finally got the number plate on 29 Oct. On 30 Oct we went to Nashik > Saptashringi Temple > Nashik (overnight stay) > On 31 Oct - Gargoti Museum (at Malegaon MIDC Sinnar) > Pune. A total ride of 548 km in 3 days after getting the car! Out of this I drove for 343 starting km and last 50 km. The rest of the time, my wife did the driving! By the way, I had to fight to get a chance to drive the last 50 km! More about that later...

Let me give the photos a chance to tell the story:

Parting shots of my City and photos of delivery and lastly photos of the All New Jazz in my parking:

Note: I am new to this and I do not know how to add comments in between and after the photos - so, dear friends, please bear with me till I learn how to do that!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151030_170707.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151030_170329-small.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151030_170339-small.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151030_181602.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151030_181914.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151031_093843-small.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151031_093834-small.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda-jazz-delivery-deccan-honda-30-oct-2015-small.jpg  

GKMahajan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 17:12   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post

In fact, I became a proud owner on 30 Oct 2015. I am just barely getting around to putting my comments and photos together.
Many congratulations to you Sir on getting the White Jazz V CVT, looks awesome. Slowly but surely you will learn the tricks of the trade (posting here on TBHP). Nice initial review with beautiful pictures.

Quote:
Parting shots of my City and photos of delivery and lastly photos of the All New Jazz in my parking:
Your old Honda City also seemed to be in immaculate condition. Saw the odo, it seems to have done more than 1.3 lakh kms, hope I got the figure correct. How much did it fetch you when you exchanged it for the Jazz?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 17:12   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear AllThoseCuriousAboutHondaJazzAutomatic Friends,

!
Congrats sir and wish you all the best. Looking forward to your feedback on the behavior of the CVT under different conditions.

Since you have already started putting down a report, request to put up your ownership report as a new thread. That way you can keep it updated as required. You can use the 'assembly line' section to build the report as per your convenience. This will be very useful for prospective buyers also.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 15th November 2015 at 17:14.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 20:26   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations to you Sir on getting the White Jazz V CVT, looks awesome. Slowly but surely you will learn the tricks of the trade (posting here on TBHP). Nice initial review with beautiful pictures.

Your old Honda City also seemed to be in immaculate condition. Saw the odo, it seems to have done more than 1.3 lakh kms, hope I got the figure correct. How much did it fetch you when you exchanged it for the Jazz?
AutoIndian,

Thanks for the nice words. I have to study the instruction manual again!! Ha Ha Ha Ha....

I loved my Honda City and it was an emotional experience to say good bye to it. And - yes - it has done 1.3 lakh km - and it was still giving me 19 kmpl on highway and average 15~16 kmpl in mix conditions! I would not have parted with it for another 5~6 years - except that now my knees start acting up every time that I spend more than 30 min in a slow moving traffic condition! Since I travel between Mumbai and Pune at least twice a month, this was happening more than I liked! So, I HAD to change to a convenient automatic car!

Actually, I got a real bad price for it - when I exchanged it - just 1,50,000/-. I had hoped for at least 2,00,000/- considering the condition! Anyway, that is water under the bridge....

Dear Rajeevraj,

Like I have said to AutoIndian, looks like I have to study the Team-BHP manual again.
I like your idea - I think I will create a new thread. And I just realized that I had missed the 'assembly' logic - thanks for that!

Last edited by GKMahajan : 15th November 2015 at 20:30. Reason: Had missed adding a reply to Rajeevraj
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 10:10   #989
BHPian

Today I started from Pune at 5:45 am and reached Mira Road, Mumbai at 9:00 am. Clocked 160.7 km showing 20.8 kmpl! Driving conditions: never crossed 80 kmph, got stuck in slow moving traffic for more about 20~30 min. In my earlier City, I would have reached by 8:45 am with no unusual traffic. Hence, even though I did not measure the time I was stuck, 30 minutes seems realistic.
I had a friend with me and I had set the AC at 24 C - ON full time.

I am more than happy with the Fuel Efficiency!

On the drive front - some observations:

Even though the first servicing has not been done, the pick up is just great! I did not have any situation where I felt that I could have gained anything by having a higher pickup.

I almost missed some speedbreakers, but the car came to a undramatic stop - just perfectly.

Maybe I am a bit confused - but the suspension felt better than my 2006 City and at worse case scenario - same! Definitely, more confidence inspiring when it came to car-breakers (I hate to call them speed breakers in Thane district).

I did not have to use the S mode even once! Even while coming down the Lonavala/Khandala ghats the engine braking was just too good.

More later.....

Take care
GKMahajan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 20:17   #990
BHPian

Hey Guys, need some suggestions to repair this. Seems like a kid trying his hands after a drawing class :( The scratches are too deep and rubbing compound won't help. I think a complete panel repaint would be required.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151115_180618.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks