Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2016, 09:33   #1966
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Not finally decided. My budget was 6 then stretched it for the vxi option pack which is 6.8 (swift) now the jazz s variant is 7.6 on road and dealer offering a 20 k cash discount the offer is little mouth watering.

We are looking for a car that will last for 8 to 10 years and long time reliability and is very important. Having burnt my hands and pockets with a fiat earlier this is utmost important to me.

Our budget is very very tight, if I had money I would go for sv. My past mistakes in car purchase has taken a hit on my wife as she thinks the Honda would be another fiat. More importantly none of her colleagues and friends are recommending the jazz citing high upkeep cost and low resale value (I know it's false).
We have a Jazz SV petrol too. Since you are intending to keep it for 8-10 years, better to go for SV instead of S since it will be only about 50k more and will be negligible if you consider the duration you'll keep it. The maintenance costs are not much, and on par with Swift or slightly more. The service schedule however is every 6 months, which is kind of irritating. Expect around 8-10k yearly maintenance costs.
TD_GHY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 11:56   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Any S mt petrol owners here ? I want your feedback regarding the variant. How is braking without abs. Sv mt is too costly. Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Mostly by the next year or so abs and airbags are gonna become mandatory! Why buy a car without them now? Judging by your needs you can always consider the Toyota Etios Liva. It's reliable, cheap to maintain, safe and comes within your budget too as long as you are fine with the looks.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 23:33   #1968
BHPian

Completed first service today, topped up all fluids and the bill amount was Zero

The washing and cleaning job was not up to the mark. There were some stain marks which they did not bother. I guess you have to live with this if you are sending your car for free service in a crowded service station (Capital Honda - Airport Road, Chennai) on a Sunday.
Old 15th November 2016, 14:47   #1969
BHPian

Any pointers for magnetic sun shades for Jazz in Hyderabad, as the reviews in online forums say incorrect sizes being delivered to customers if purchased in amazon or flip kart. If anyone who purchased online & got the right set, do let me know the model & the site, so that I can place an order as well.

Thanks in Advance & happy miles
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 12:43   #1970
BHPian

Can someone tell me places to buy car cover for Jazz at reasonable price, in Hyderabad or online?
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:51   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Can someone tell me places to buy car cover for Jazz at reasonable price, in Hyderabad or online?
You can find universal car covers in Amazon and Ebay. Before buying, make sure that the cover comes with separate provisions for side view mirrors and rear antenna. If cover has no provision for antenna, it will bend in long run and looks awkward.

If there is no major price difference, I recommend you to buy from the dealer, where you can get better quality cover with branding on it.
Old 22nd November 2016, 20:35   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
We have a Jazz SV petrol too. Since you are intending to keep it for 8-10 years, better to go for SV instead of S since it will be only about 50k more ll be negligible if you consider the duration you'll keep it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Mostly by the next year or so abs and airbags are gonna become mandatory! Why buy a car without them now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Are you considering this car (Jazz) ?
After evaluating lot of factors I let go the thought. I for sure will miss the super silent engine and comfortable seats. The jazz seats were the very few of the cars i have sat which provided very good comfort.
I am sitting on the fence now, 30 K more will fetch me a swift vdi which will not limit my usage unlike the Jazz.
Car purchase decisions are never easy for us enthusiasts.
Thank you all for the advice.
Old 23rd November 2016, 08:54   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
After evaluating lot of factors I let go the thought. I for sure will miss the super silent engine and comfortable seats. The jazz seats were the very few of the cars i have sat which provided very good comfort.
I am sitting on the fence now, 30 K more will fetch me a swift vdi which will not limit my usage unlike the Jazz.
Car purchase decisions are never easy for us enthusiasts.
Thank you all for the advice.
Didn't you hear mate? Dual airbags have been made standard across all the variants of jazz along with marginal increase in prices.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 13:52   #1974
BHPian

Did a 1400 KM trip from Chennai - ChikMagalur - Mullayanagiri - Chennai last week and the car did not disappoint at all. One of the best highway cruisers, period. The last 1 KM in Mullayanagiri hills literally did not have any roads and she held her head up well. Will try to start a travelogue in a separate thread.
eyesice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 21:57   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Has anybody replaced the stock Air Filter of new Honda Jazz with K&N Air Filter? If yes, would appreciate if you could share the K&N model details. I tried searching, but unable to find the right model. Amazon has K&N 33-2422, but this is compatible only with the old Jazz. K&N site has a model search, but none of them matches with the size of the air filter in new Jazz. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay
I've also been searching for this. I found the part number for Honda Fit in the US. I'm not sure whether that would fit in the current Jazz.

Anyone else having the K&N part information for the new Jazz, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12th December 2016, 11:13   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
We are looking for a car that will last for 8 to 10 years and long time reliability and is very important.
Our contenders and here are our observations post the test drives :
Baleno 1.2 delta petrol (7.2 lakh Otr)
Swift vxi (o) - 6.8 lakh otr
Honda jazz S my P (7.7):

I know I am shopping between two different segments but jazz was a wild card entrant. Elite is way out of budget and I would think about it only if I were looking for a diesel.
I was in a similar dilemma a couple of months back. I was very much towards Baleno due to it looks, interiors and of course the power on tap due to it's lightweight body. But the huge waiting period is really a deal breaker.
The petrol Jazz is a good option but as you said, it is a little pricey for what is being offered.
The petrol Elite I20 feels too sluggish even more so than an Aspire or a Jazz.
Why don't you give Ford Figo a try? I recently bought an Aspire petrol and am very much satisfied with the car. Good front end looks, good steering feedback and driving dynamics, excellent suspension, good music system, good list of features, decent rear seat space, etc makes the Figo/Aspire a worthy contender. Yes, the low end torque is not very good, the interiors are not very premium to touch (although very well laid out) as in a Hyundai or a Volkswagen but I have gotten used to these now.
So, I think it is just a matter of time before one gets accustomed with the car rather than trying to get everything perfect in the one he buys.

If you really are looking not to stretch your budget, you can probably look out for Figo rather than Aspire. The things you will miss out are the boot space and the beige interiors. But it will make a good proposition for the kind of money you put in.

Enough said, the choice is yours. After all, it is the sense of self satisfaction that matters when you spend so much money.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 12:35   #1977
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
I've also been searching for this. I found the part number for Honda Fit in the US. I'm not sure whether that would fit in the current Jazz.

Anyone else having the K&N part information for the new Jazz, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I don't think changing out the air filter is a good idea especially if you're within warranty. I am skeptical about the claim that K&N filters don't need replacement. If I were you I would stick with the stock filter and replace it regularly as per the recommended schedule.
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 11:55   #1978
BHPian

Did a 900 KM round trip in GST from Chennai - Madurai - Chennai over the weekend and for the first time, I was not fatigued at all. She was rock solid throughout all speeds and could comfortable cruise at 110 - 130 kph all day.
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 07:54   #1979

Hi folks

I recently ordered a Car Side Mirrors Auto Folder.

Every-time I park, I keep forgetting to fold the mirror.

so thought would be better alternate. Anyone have used this before?

attached the link to the product.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...608.0.0.kWfX3A
Old 21st December 2016, 17:53   #1980
BHPian

I did replace my Jazz's stock air filter with K&N panel filter yesterday. Part # 33-3030, got it from www.carpowergrid.com (Methods Automotive) for Rs 5,490. Low end torque has marginally improved. Currently I am driving in Bangalore city with peak traffic and hence cannot fully comment on improved acceleration. Will post later with updated feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks