Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 15:43   #901
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Premium-feeling factor aside, even with limited dealership, I have a strong feeling that in the long run, S-cross would easily sell in 4k - 5k.

Few of the reasons:
  • Dealership count can never deter sales of any product. Ask Fortuner owners from rural regions.
  • MS always commands a better resale value than a Hyundai or a Honda. Come what may.
  • Price conscious buyer would save more on a 1.3L engine than a comparable 1.4L Creta. If you're to go on an EMI package, what difference would it really be over Swift, i20 or the Jazz?
  • Logically, Maruti can increase its profit percentage only from newer models sold at Nexa. Its product like S-cross which will make that happen
  • When was the last time anyone saw a flop offering from Maruti?
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:57   #902
BHPian

This is utter madness. Sitting at the nexa showroom right now which has not even opened officially. People are booking cars like crazy. This is the busiest showroom i have ever visited. People are going crazy over the fit and finish. Test drove the ddis 320 that thing is a monster waiting for the ddis 200 test drive vehicle to arrive.

The person sitting across me just placed a booking for alpha ddis 200. He came all the way from rajkot all the way to book the car.

The showroom sure is premium the RM's know what they are doing and the customers also are premium who know what they are buying. They are well dressed in suits.

This is craziness literally. I thought this place would be deserted with the atrocious pricing. Shocked to see this overwhelming response.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20150807_7908.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20150807_11926.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th August 2015 at 15:59.
rockporiom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 16:00   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Even the ddis 200 doesn't look like VFM now since a person wanting to spend 11- 12 lakhs OTR for a car would look for sedan now.
The only caveat is that why should one buy a sedan if the hatch provides better cabin space and comparable boot space with a shorter dimension and better safety equipment? I drive the linea and it is a pain in cities like Bangalore - so long and wide turning radius. I would prefer a proportion like S Cross any day if it drives well.

Along the same line, if S Cross ever offered petrol 1.4, I wouldn't find it meaningful because Jazz would be a much cheaper choice for comparable space and performance.

But then, you have a point. People still buy Amaze in spite of Jazz being just 10K costlier than Amaze. We are a three box obsessed nation.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:01   #904
BHPian

Somehow I feel spending in the upwards of 10L (Be it OTR or EX showroom), got to do with the image of the car. And we Indians still have huge respect for sedans. (City, Vento, Ciaz and the likes)

Me, any day would choose a proper sedan over the crossovers. Somehow the boot got me hooked. (No Pun intended! )

However, the trends are fast changing and no wonder if people just embrace the crossover fever. Good to see the demand is evenly distributed across the market.

Anyway, I am terribly worried about the increase in the prices across the range and manufacturers. They are really milking the consumers.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:07   #905
BHPian

Quote:
This is utter madness. Sitting at the nexa showroom right now which has not even opened officially. People are booking cars like crazy. This is the busiest showroom i have ever visited. People are going crazy over the fit and finish. Test drove the ddis 320 that thing is a monster waiting for the ddis 200 test drive vehicle to arrive.
Are you serious rockporiom?? I thought my RM was lying when he said the response from North India is overwhelming for the car especially the DDiS 200 and the DDiS 320 is also seeing decent demand. This is way better comparing what is happening in Bangalore as ~50% of the pre-booking of the DDiS 320 has already been cancelled. He was actually worried on what they will do with the DDiS 320 and how they will sell it. He is pretty happy with the response for DDiS 200 and said the initial lot of Alpha is already allotted. However, the Zeta has the maximum allotment and he said he has enough demand and confirmed bookings to allot them as well.

I am confused on how people are seeing more value in this DDiS 320 over Creta 1.6 CRDi. Is it because of the Maruti Suzuki reliability factor alone?? So, at the end of the day, it seems Maruti had actually known the pulse of the market. Anyways, I will wait for a couple of months before I make a judgement.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:09   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
Seeing the variable pricing strategy gave me a curious thought. What if I buy the car from the state where price is least (say Delhi)and take to my native state and register it there!!
Might not be practical always, still is it legally possible to do that?
A lot of people bought cars in pondicherry and registered them in Tamil nadu in the late 80s and 90s. The government woke up to this and the people were asked to pay the difference with a fine!
Old 7th August 2015, 16:14   #907
BHPian

Further news coming in. The service would currently be done at the normal MSIL service center but in 6 months the service centers would be started with the showrooms so NEXA cars would have separate after sales service. Still waiting for the test drive. The demand is so much that these guys have got understaffed people are not walking away even after waiting for close to half an hour. One guy wanted immediate delivery they somehow convinced him it would take 3 days he reluctantly agreed.

The DDIS 200 zeta is the most VFM product only missing leather seats, HID's, auto wipers and headlights, that's it. It gets each and every other feature that the alpha gets

The HID's would be available at an additional cost of 30-40k after a few weeks when the official announcement is made.

Wow if this is the response Maruti sure has a winner on their hands.

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th August 2015 at 16:18.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:16   #908
BHPian

Quote:
This is craziness literally. I thought this place would be deserted with the atrocious pricing. Shocked to see this overwhelming response.
More so when you realize that a few years ago a 16 lac CBU Suzuki D-Segment sedan with 180 bhp on tap couldn't find any takers and finally ended up being priced lower than the top of the line S-Cross through massive discounts (reference thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...right-now.html ) and yet failed to move out of Showrooms. We often blame the car manufacturers for failing to capture the market sentiments, but the market is literally unpredictable!
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 16:19   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The HID's would be available at an additional cost of 30-40k after a few weeks when the official announcement is made.

Wow if this is the response Maruti has a winner on its hand.
Great to know that there are takers for the DDiS320, Maruti can consume their inventory of the ~3400 engines and order more.
In Bangalore most bookings from DDiS320 have been converted to DDiS200, there are still takers for the 1.6 variant.
DDiS200( Zeta ) will have a waiting period as seen by the bookings at Bimal.

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th August 2015 at 16:22.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:38   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
A lot of people bought cars in pondicherry and registered them in Tamil nadu in the late 80s and 90s. The government woke up to this and the people were asked to pay the difference with a fine!

I think it's the other way around. Bought in Tamil Nadu and registered in Pondicherry. This was due to the low taxes in Pondi. Even now Pondi is probably the cheapest road tax in the country.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:39   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The person sitting across me just placed a booking for alpha ddis 200. He came all the way from rajkot all the way to book the car.

The showroom sure is premium the RM's know what they are doing and the customers also are premium who know what they are buying. They are well dressed in suits.

Don't be fooled by this initial rush. It happens everytime a new car is launched. And more so if it is a Maruti. Especially northern crowd is more amenable to lap up a new car as soon as it is launched than a southerner or westerner. It happened to Baleno and SX4 too. And recently to Ciaz, too. Just wait for 3 months and see where S-Cross stands.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 16:49   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Don't be fooled by this initial rush. It happens everytime a new car is launched. And more so if it is a Maruti. Especially northern crowd is more amenable to lap up a new car as soon as it is launched than a southerner or westerner. It happened to Baleno and SX4 too. And recently to Ciaz, too. Just wait for 3 months and see where S-Cross stands.
I think rockporiom is talking about Ahmedabad NEXA so technically is west and not north India.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:49   #913
BHPian

I have booked DDiS320 Alpha before prices were announced. After huge disappointed of 1.6L prizes I started pursuing my initial priority for an AT. Test drove Polo GT TSI and Rapid DSG in 2 days. Now, after seeing 1.3 Zeta ex-showroom Bangalore prize I am more confused then ever
This weekend would be fun, lots of discussion with wifey and my brother to put an end to this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Well came back after a short test drive as they still haven't got the approvals to start the test drive. I was the first person to take the test drive of DDIS 200.
Below are my observations.

The premiumness is very much there and zeta @12 lakhs is much better than jazz VX and eco-sport titanium(although it may appeal to people like mini-suvish feeling).

Confirmed my booking and paid partial amount. Colour booked is grey and delivery will be next week.

I mayn't have covered most of the points, but I can provide more details.
Your post is such a relief. My RM not confirming me about DDiS200 TD yet. I have been driving Swift VDI from last 6 years, eager to know how different it would feel to drive the same 1.3 with little more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Just back from my third visit to the Bimal Nexa!! And the news from my end is that I have verbally confirmed the DDiS 200 Zeta variant Silver color.
I think silver color is very good choice, especially for Zeta varient. Black roof rails should go well with black cladding at the bottom for silver color. My RM tells me it would be few days before he can show me a Zeta varient, until then my booking will hold good. Please do me a fevour and click few snaps if in case you happen to check out a silver color Zeta S Cross.

Quote:
I asked if HID projectors will be available as a spare and he said it will be available after some days and it will cost ~20-25k.
Assuming HID projector headlamps costs 25K and a decent leather seats for 30K would be enough to have Zeta varient feeling.You surely end up saving some 120K over Alpha and that's just brilliant. How I wish in Zeta instead of alloys they should have given HID/LED lamps, who want those alloys anyway

Question, does S Cross MID/ICE displays tire air pressure? If yes, will it disturbs tire air pressure sensor if one wants to change stock alloys??
Old 7th August 2015, 16:51   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I think it's the other way around. Bought in Tamil Nadu and registered in Pondicherry. This was due to the low taxes in Pondi. Even now Pondi is probably the cheapest road tax in the country.
My uncle bought an ambassador from karaikal (Pondicherry ) Maraikar motors. I still remember him telling our family to buy cars there. Nowadays cars registered in pondicherry have to pay lifetime road tax with a hefty fine!

Aren't we going off topic? Let's end this.
Old 7th August 2015, 17:33   #915
BHPian

Team, Where is nexa showroom in chennai? I registered in nexa site but no call yet. Couldn't find their number/location in Chennai. All I wanted is the price of 1.3 zeta. If it is <10L ex showroom and drives as good as ciaz. I am booking it right away. I prefer a larger hatch/suv over sedan. They are very practical for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks