Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 20:49   #1726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
@sunejarahul: Which Nexa outlet you took your delivery from? and how was the experience? I got mine from the Kailash Colony Nexa and had a wonderful experience. I am presently in Lucknow and asked my RM if they can help me with getting the registration done as I wanted to drive the vehicle back to Lucknow and yet wanted Delhi registration. They handled the whole thing smoothly and my HSR plates were also being affixed the day I took delivery. Awesome personalized service.

Ironically, my experience at NEXA wasn't all that jolly. I had taken the delivery from Fair Deals Cars NEXA outlet at Akshardham Metro Station.

Reason why I chose that showroom was that I was promised Rs. 5000/- worth of accessories discount that I would get installed at the time of delivery.

Coming to my experience, the car wasn't super clean & I had to get it done in front of me. Then, there was a discrepancy in the total bill which I had to spend another 15 minutes for to get rectified (approx Rs 2900).

The gate pass handed to me had a different date on it. It said 04/09/15 whereas, the delivery was taken on 06/09/15. The SA manually put the new date & stamped it. Sigh.

While taking the car out, I was given all original papers but there was nothing related to registration of the vehicle. I was alloted number 1962 and was told that the RM would visit my place with regn papers. Which did not happen. My car was registered on the 11th, after an infuriating call from the SA that the alloted number could not be registered and I would be given a new number.

I was literally driving the car illegally since delivery. I had to lodge a complaint with NEXA to get my regn papers & new number plates. Big let down! :(

When asked for a Demo of the new car (according the PDI list), the SA said "Sir, there is no rocket science involved in driving the S-Cross. You will gradually learn all controls within a week's time" :banghead:

In all, I'm pretty happy with the car but not even close to being satisfied with the SA people. Looks like those were regular Maruti guys put up at NEXA showrooms in a haste after the opening of the showroom.

PS: All queries and issues were promptly addressed to within hours of shooting an email to NEXA and putting the GM of Akshardham NEXA in the CC.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th September 2015 at 18:29. Reason: Fixing quote
sunejarahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 20:55   #1727
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Since you have already hinted that an ownership review isn't coming out in recent future, may be you can treat us with some nice photoshoot.
Got the Silicone cover for the key fob.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150918_185802.jpg

The S Cross 'Stretches' in the parking lot.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150918_203549.jpg

VW's Polo makes way for Suzuki's S Cross!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150918_162327.jpg

Love the color( Granite Gray) and the 'custom made alloys'at night
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150918_202933.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th September 2015 at 20:58.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 21:03   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Got the Silicone cover for the key fob.
Did you get the Silicone cover from someplace online? If yes please share

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2015 at 21:43. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 18th September 2015, 21:23   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the Silicone cover from someplace online? If yes pls share

The key fob cover is from Amazon.in @ 200 INR on special offer last week.

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th September 2015 at 21:35.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 22:33   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
Did you get the Silicone cover from someplace online? If yes please share
Quote:
The key fob cover is from Amazon.in @ 200 INR on special offer last week.
I got one too... In fact this is the only accessory (if at all it classifies as one) I've got before the car itself.

I picked it up from eBay.in @299 bucks and the quality is pretty good (seller: keyzone)

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20150918_222758.jpg
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 22:48   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Ironically, my experience at NEXA wasn't all that jolly. I had taken the delivery from Fair Deals Cars NEXA outlet at Akshardham Metro Station.

Reason why I chose that showroom was that I was promised Rs. 5000/- worth of accessories discount that I would get installed at the time of delivery.

Coming to my experience, the car wasn't super clean & I had to get it done in front of me. Then, there was a discrepancy in the total bill which I had to spend another 15 minutes for to get rectified (approx Rs 2900).

The gate pass handed to me had a different date on it. It said 04/09/15 whereas, the delivery was taken on 06/09/15. The SA manually put the new date & stamped it. Sigh.

While taking the car out, I was given all original papers but there was nothing related to registration of the vehicle. I was alloted number 1962 and was told that the RM would visit my place with regn papers. Which did not happen. My car was registered on the 11th, after an infuriating call from the SA that the alloted number could not be registered and I would be given a new number.

I was literally driving the car illegally since delivery. I had to lodge a complaint with NEXA to get my regn papers & new number plates. Big let down! :(

When asked for a Demo of the new car (according the PDI list), the SA said "Sir, there is no rocket science involved in driving the S-Cross. You will gradually learn all controls within a week's time" :banghead:

In all, I'm pretty happy with the car but not even close to being satisfied with the SA people. Looks like those were regular Maruti guys put up at NEXA showrooms in a haste after the opening of the showroom.

PS: All queries and issues were promptly addressed to within hours of shooting an email to NEXA and putting the GM of Akshardham NEXA in the CC.
@sunejarahul: That's really bad. Maybe you picked the wrong end of the stick. I have dealt with Nexa Lucknow (where I did a couple of TD; once for 1.6 and then for 1.3) and with Nexa Kailash Colony, Delhi. Both dealers were real good. The Lucknow RM even called me after I had told him about picking up my car from Delhi and asked me how my drive from Delhi was and how I liked the vehicle. Delhi experience I already shared.

Had been considering Jazz and Creta and visited the showrooms too for TD's a couple of times. Amongst all three, I would rank them as Nexa on top, followed by Honda and then Hyundai.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th September 2015 at 18:30. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 19th September 2015, 01:02   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Ironically, my experience at NEXA wasn't all that jolly.

Its sad that it happened to you, guess you got stuck with a wrong dealer.

My experience with NEXA guys was pretty good. They were pretty professional throughout and even though i didnt buy the car they were pretty professional during the refund process too.

But all said and done, you are happy with the car and thats what matters

Hope you have many many happy miles with the car.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th September 2015 at 18:31. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 19th September 2015, 01:30   #1733
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ironically, my experience at NEXA wasn't all that jolly.

Looks like those were regular Maruti guys put up at NEXA showrooms in a haste after the opening of the showroom.
That's a shocker! Very bad experience. Hope the SA learns a lesson now that you have escalated the matter.

In comparison- The SA that attended to my NEXA visit here in Bangalore used to work with Jaguar LandRover earlier.
Old 19th September 2015, 07:06   #1734
BANNED

Had asked for a test drive of the 320 but they erroneously brought the 200. Took a test drive however but didn't drive it beyond 5 minutes. Felt overly sluggish as I was probably expecting more.

Nexa comes across as Maruti executives attempting to mask incompetence by donning ill fitting suits - heard them tell folks that test drives are given only to folks who pay an advance (didn't try that one with me however) - sure fire way to kill Nexa even before it starts -feedbacks to Maruti haven't elicited a response even after 3 weeks and counting. Conclusion: old wine / even older bottle.

320 is good as a highway cruiser only - my intended purpose too as I'm looking only for a highway cruiser. Doesn't have ferocious acceleration like a Rapid / Vento but is comfortable and feels almost as stable as a Rapid / Vento which is good for a car with SUV pretensions. Engine feels strained beyond that which isn't good for a 1.6.

Maruti will have to get to work on the 1.6 as they have earlier on the 1.3. The 1.6 was obviously launched in a hurry to meet the Creta offensive so Maruti will probably retune the engine in the next revamp.

Nexa will go the Kizashi way - expect Nexa dealerships to be closed in 3 years after realisation on the massive blunder dawns on them in typical corporate style post spending huge money and gaining nothing. Launching Balenos and other newer models aren't ever going to help matters either.

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2015 at 12:28. Reason: No mentions of illegally high speeds on Team-BHP please
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 12:10   #1735
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150917_115622picsay.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150917_115630picsay.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150917_115712picsay.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150917_115923picsay.jpg

Saw this S Cross 1.3 Zeta in office today (not my car) with the rear spoiler. Clicked some pictures with the drivers permission. For all those considering the rear spoiler I hope this may be helpful.
Satishtv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 12:28   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Nexa will go the Kizashi way - expect Nexa dealerships to be closed in 3 years after realisation on the massive blunder dawns on them in typical corporate style post spending huge money and gaining nothing. Launching Balenos and other newer models aren't ever going to help matters either.
I think its otherwise, in Jul when they announced NEXA dealerships - they targeted 100 dealers in 6-8 months. So I guess its safe to assume that right now the number of dealers would be anywhere between 60-80. Now Maruti has managed to sell 4-4.5K S-Cross's in the last 2 months. So roughly the average is about 50-70 cars per month per dealer - which looks promising. I doubt if any of the smaller players manage anything close to that.

Further - this is just one car they have in stable right now. With Baleno and others on the way, I am sure they would do much better than any of the smaller brands. Now this does'nt mean that Maruti may essentially end up gaining more market share overall, but they would successfully be able to create 2 separate channels for 2 different category of customers.

There would always be some bad charlies in the trade and it would be interesting to see how Maruti root them out. But to give the credit where its due, I would say that my experience with them has been quite good.
Abhi99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 13:04   #1737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
For all those considering the rear spoiler I hope this may be helpful.
Also to be noted is the Spoiler is kept in place by drilling holes and fastening them. Hearing that I had decided against the rear spoiler fitment.
Old 19th September 2015, 13:08   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Attachment 1416742
Attachment 1416743
Attachment 1416744
Attachment 1416745

Saw this S Cross 1.3 Zeta in office today (not my car) with the rear spoiler. Clicked some pictures with the drivers permission. For all those considering the rear spoiler I hope this may be helpful.
I had earlier planned to get the spoiler for my Zeta 200 at the time of delivery but I ended up cancelling the plan as it required drilling work which I didn't feel comfortable getting done.

Since the spoiler comes without paint for Rs 3990 (primer only), it costs additional 1500-1700 for the paint work. It takes 24 hours for the spoiler to get painted & dried up before it is ready to be installed. There was no compulsion to get it painted the same as the car and I had planned to get it in glossy black. Would have looked pretty bad ass in black on Premium Silver.
Old 19th September 2015, 13:53   #1739
BHPian

1.6 s-cross test drive review

Took a test drive of 1.6 Alpha (Posco Gurgaon), here are my observations some of which you will not find in the official review-
  • Although gear shift is precise, the shifter is a bit tight and notchy, not as buttery as my 1.3 Ertiga diesel. Not sure if the mechanism is same or different. I dont buy the excuse that its a new vehicle - there are many cars that are perfect from DAY 1.
  • There was a minor rattle in the door window. Glass down by 1 inch and shut the front door, you will hear it. In my case it was left passenger side front. Same problem in my ertiga also - very irritating. I felt that over time it may get worse. Is it time to punish Maruti for not fixing their trade mark problem? If they cant sort this problem then whats the difference between NEXA and Maruti?
  • The rear seat bench is not fixed to the floor properly. Basically, the bench is attached with a plastic component mount and you can literally pop the bench out (just like in swift). In international versions of suzuki the bench seat is connected properly with the seat latch bolted to the chassis so it doesnt move!

In the pic 22 of the official review they managed to disconnect the entire bench, however I dont think this is an official feature of the car - more like a low quality-cost saving flaw that they discovered in Indian versions. If you dont understand what I mean, just try to lift the rear bench, it will just pop out lose. shocking!
  • I felt that the engine feels 'coarse' in lower gears/higher revs (its possible that I was feeling the typical diesel-ness at that moment because turbo was sleeping at that time). Also, you have to learn how to exploit power out of the engine as it is not immediate even with VGT.
  • I also stalled it in traffic on 2nd gear, so it is definitely not the same as 1.3 ertiga diesel that I am used to. Although I understand that one may have to get used to the characteristic of the new car, I feel that 1.6 may not be the best vehicle to drive in traffic situations because it will give more fatigue than comfort to the driver. A dual clutch / automatic like in international s-cross will be nicer instead.
  • As mentioned earlier by others, outside traffic noise can be felt inside including engine noise (which may also lead to fatigue). The SA has loud music on in the car - were they trying to hide the NVH?
  • I would have liked if the vehicle interior roof headliner was of better quality. Not to mention your head is so close to the roof.

See better sample quality of headliner > here

• AC is so cold that I was shivering. Thanks to bigger engine that can handle the compressor load.
  • An uncivilized imported luxury sedan driver was trying to intimidate me, so gave him run for his money during short stint, so thats all good there.
The vehicle had +3000 km on it and already had dents. Its possible that the vehicle was abused as the marketing supervisor was encouraging me to rip the vehicle to experience its power. I drive civilized so didnt rip it like crazy except very briefly. Yes its nice but definitely not jaw dropping specially in city conditions. Maybe its different story on highway. Never got to 6th gear due to traffic.

At the end of the day this is a mcpherson strut with a fixed rear suspension, so you will always feel the road. Atleast maruti gave 4wheel disc this time which is welcome move.

Will I buy it?

Maybe, but I will wait as I would like Maruti to sort the above issues, and bring the Auto transmission. I do want the 1.6 but at the same time feel that it will be more comfortable to cruise this vehicle in Automatic instead of Manual. Manual 1.6 may give more fatigue than comfort especially in cities.

Last edited by aerohit : 19th September 2015 at 14:22.
aerohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 14:04   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Don't think so. In every business there are some who are very good, some average and some not so good. Just because its MSIL, even 4500 vehicles sold all India are considered not so good. Whereas there are so many other manufacturers who are selling far less numbers every month.

As per my discussions with a couple of NEXA outlets, both sold more than 100 vehicles last month and one has already crossed 100 in 18 days so far and other is 90 plus. And this just when they are selling only one model. With the upcoming Baleno/whatever it is named, I am sure the numbers will jump up exponentially.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks