Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 10:40   #6616
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Remember, whenever you test drive the 1.6 try to keep the car below 2k RPM, to get a hang of turbo lag on hills/city traffic.
The existence of torque limiter in 1.6 need to be appreciated as pointed out by fellow bhpian kpzen. This has surely increased the perception of turbo lag by many of us.
Old 26th January 2017, 20:39   #6617
Senior - BHPian

Got my best ever mileage of 25.2 kmpl on the Pune-Nasik highway. I feel the engine is improving in all aspects. Of course, I was travelling at slightly off peak timing 11 am to 4 pm. Average speed was 95 kmph. Happy!
Old 26th January 2017, 20:41   #6618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Got my best ever mileage of 25.2 kmpl on the Pune-Nasik highway. I feel the engine is improving in all aspects. Of course, I was travelling at slightly off peak timing 11 am to 4 pm. Average speed was 95 kmph. Happy!
Average speed on MID 95 kmph ?
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 22:10   #6619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Average speed on MID 95 kmph ?
Not on the MID. That's my calculated average speed of the entire journey.
Old 26th January 2017, 22:58   #6620
BHPian

Congrats Ajay.

That is a very good average. I have driven many times on Nasik-Pune Highways, and as per my knowledge the distance is around 230 KM (varies which route you take). I was never able to achieve average speeds of more than 60 KMPH (The highway doesnt allow you to achieve that kind of speed continuosly). And it took us around 5-6 hours to cover that distance with two chai breaks

I was able to achieve best average speed of 90 KMPH on BLR-HYD on a holiday run and during Telangana bandh. At that time my humble Punto gave me average of 19.5 KMPL.

With your average speed I would have made two runs in 5 hours

-PK
Old 27th January 2017, 13:06   #6621
BHPian

40 days have passed since I booked a 1.6 Granite Grey but I am yet to get an allotment. Had planned a trip this weekend but alas.
Spoke to my nexa rm but he says he has visited maruti itself and written mails to them but they havent got the car. I think in Gurgaon this is the most active nexa outlet in terms of cars sold. Why its taking so much time to get one car literally across the road to perhaps the biggest dealer of the town makes me wonder. Silver lining is that I will get an added feature alongwith a 2017 make car.

Honestly I feel the rm is not taking me for a ride and why would he. Selling the car would give him some monetary incentive. Isnt it?

Any views guys?

Also I was planning to get two things done:
1. Change to Michelin Primacy on day 1. I had got Michelins once last year for my current car. Where could I go in Gurgaon to exchange jk for michelin
2. When the new pioneer speakers and amp are installed do they cut wires at the showroom? Little worried about that. It comes within 20k right. Maybe I can do this later.

Thanks and regards
Old 27th January 2017, 13:21   #6622
BHPian

@deevee- It took me about 30 days to get my 1.3 Alpha. When I booked my car I was informed that the 1.6 is made on order, so I guess you would need to wait some more time before you would get the car. I guess the priority is S cross 1.3, ignis and Baleno for Maruti and not the 1.6. Hope you get your car soon. Another option is to write to Maruti directly at contact@maruti.co.in
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 16:24   #6623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Guys,
Below is my first impressions. It’s been a week since I got it, and have driven about 150 kms.

I will update the list any new findings.
Overall its a great car, I am very happy with the decision
Hey in your Scross did you get the isofix? I am assuming yours is a 2017 model. Thanks.
Old 27th January 2017, 16:41   #6624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
40 days have passed since I booked a 1.6 Granite Grey but I am yet to get an allotment...I feel the rm is not taking me for a ride and why would he. Selling the car would give him some monetary incentive. Isnt it?
Did you book the car with bare minimum booking amount or did you pay in large scale? Here in Chennai the booking amount is Rs 11000 & later after allotment.

Reason to ask, if you've paid just the booking amount, they MIGHT be under your mercy, just assuming.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 16:52   #6625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Did you book the car with bare minimum booking amount or did you pay in large scale? Here in Chennai the booking amount is Rs 11000 & later after allotment.

Reason to ask, if you've paid just the booking amount, they MIGHT be under your mercy, just assuming.
I paid 11k. This was the amount they wanted.

On a side note I had booked a hexa and I have cancelled it. Now running from pillar to post for over a week to even get the dealers to confirm the cancellation. At the time of booking they had said it would take 3 days to refund! Guess I have to write to Mr R N Tata himself
Old 27th January 2017, 17:07   #6626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I paid 11k. This was the amount they wanted
Just a thought, visit another Nexa, ask them innocently in how much time they can deliver a Granite Grey 1.6. You might get to know some truth.

Quote:
On a side note...Guess I have to write to Mr R N Tata himself
Atrocious!! These days social media helps to gain popularity including TBhp
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 22:38   #6627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
40 days

Honestly I feel the rm is not taking me for a ride and why would he. Selling the car would give him some monetary incentive. Isnt it?

Any views guys?
Deevee: try calling up Nexa Faridabad Mr Khan 9599814753.
I'm sure they will get you the car within 20 days.
Old 28th January 2017, 11:40   #6628
BHPian

Going through another thread on this forum, I realized that even though I had asked for Suzuki warranty, Sai Service Lower Parel has given me their own extended warranty. I raised a bit of a stink, and now they have agreed to change it to Suzuki warranty. They were still trying to convince me to stick to their own warranty.

If someone here has purchased the additional warranty from Suzuki itself, can you tell me the cost? The Sai Service warranty was for 14k odd.

Thanks
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 11:49   #6629
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
40 days have passed since I booked a 1.6 Granite Grey but I am yet to get an allotment. Had planned a trip this weekend but alas.
With Jagmohan Motors, NEXA Sonipat there are two 1.6s available for immediate delivery. Colors are granite grey and silver.

RM - Amit Lakra 8685005830
Old 28th January 2017, 12:35   #6630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
40 days have passed since I booked a 1.6 Granite Grey but I am yet to get an allotment
Had a discussion with the RM in Nexa today, he said it's only 30 days waiting for 1.6 no matter what color. 1.3 is available in 15 days.

Anyway, I lost interest with entire Nexa & even Maruti after they quoted 65K in exchange for my 2004 WagonR run for 82K Km Now it's only a question of time to make up our mind to Ameo/Vento/Aspire/Ecosport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks