Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 14:29   #8101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Is there a way to adjust the angle of the front seat headrest? the way they are right now is causing me neck pain, do not want to remove them completely.
it's a Head-RestRAINT, not a Head-Rest. Supposed to come of use in a crash, so that you dont suffer neck injuries. Are you trying to rest your the back of your head on it when driving ? You should actually let your head remain in it's natural position as when walking or sitting on a chair.
Old 27th October 2017, 15:29   #8102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Twice in three months have I been rear ended while (almost stationary) at a traffic signal. The latest one was really bad, where a bunch of drunk people in a Celerio rammed the rear. I was coasting towards a stop at a traffic signal, while they were doing pretty high speeds.

The guys ran away, but with the coolant draining so hope they have had an engine seizure

Anyway, dropped off the car for repairs to Pasco Motors Gurgaon. Like last time, have been given a Dzire VXi as a loaner car. The car is in excellent condition inspite of 47,000 kms on the Odo. The same car was 44,000 kms in August end. The repairs are expected to take a 5 days.
Considering the speed of the Celerio, I think my S-Cross took the hit quite well.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 27th October 2017 at 15:50.
Eddy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:28   #8103
BHPian

Coming soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-frontleftside047.jpg  

satan's_valet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:28   #8104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Last year dealer called me and offered 10% discount without me even asking.
How or with whom did you negotiate?
Negotiated with the Local agent of Oriental Insurance. There is a discount of Rs. 5000 in the offer (which was not there in the initial offer) stating 'Head Office Discount'.

For Maruti Insurance negotiated with the Insurance department of the dealer.

They were not accepting my request to redeem the points in MyNexa card saying it is not possible to redeem points against purchase of insurance. I had shown them the benefits part of MyNexa in the nexaexperience website which mentions about redemption of points against purchase/renewal of Maruti Insurance and still they were hesitant. Later I said I will email a complaint to Nexa mentioning the insurance manager's name and then I could see some action happening. Just now I called them and they said it is under processing and once they get approval, they will inform me.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 27th October 2017 at 16:31.
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:54   #8105
BHPian

5 mins back, when I parked my car returning from office, after shutting off the engine, I got this error message on the dash: "Service Start system". I waited for 30 seconds, switched on engine, kept it on for 10 seconds & then switched off again. Same error. After that, as a hunch, I unplugged my mp3 player (it is always connected to the 12V port at the front as well as with aux input). Started the engine, waited and shut down. No error this time. Maybe I was lucky. But this has made me uneasy. I have a night drive planned with family totaling 100 KM tonight and can't afford any car issues on the highway. Has anyone faced this issue before?

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 27th October 2017 at 17:01.
Old 27th October 2017, 17:10   #8106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
5 mins back, when I parked my car returning from office, after shutting off the engine, I got this error message on the dash: "Service Start system".
...Has anyone faced this issue before?

I had got this error once.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20171006_051718.jpg

I got this while I started off from a road side hotel. I just drove home because I did not want to get stranded there. Once I reached home, I tried it once more and I got the same error. Since it was morning 4AM, I went to sleep and woke up to take the car to the service centre. I did not get the error again. So dropped that plan. Since then, I have not had this error come up again.

I think, I may not have pressed the clutch completely, as the carpet may have interfered. These are the noodle mats, so pretty thick. I just make sure that I completely press down on the clutch pedal since that incident.

This happened on Oct 6.

I will bring this up next time I visit the service centre.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 17:40   #8107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Has anyone faced this issue before?
Yes, and it turned out to be a battery issue and the same was replaced under warranty. But in my case, this error did not go away.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4267399 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)

Last edited by Eddy : 27th October 2017 at 19:19.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 19:14   #8108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
it's a Head-RestRAINT, not a Head-Rest. Supposed to come of use in a crash, so that you dont suffer neck injuries. Are you trying to rest your the back of your head on it when driving ? You should actually let your head remain in it's natural position as when walking or sitting on a chair.

Thanks Condor for the correction.Yes i am trying to rest my head during long drives but the angle is not comfortable, it would take a lot of time to avoid this as i am used to this while travelling.

Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 19:25   #8109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Twice in three months have I been rear ended while
That's very unfortunate, however the crossover has definitely absorbed the impact very well. May I know what is the estimate given by service center to get the car back in its shape?
Old 27th October 2017, 19:28   #8110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
That's very unfortunate, however the crossover has definitely absorbed the impact very well. May I know what is the estimate given by service center to get the car back in its shape?
Since this is covered under zero dep insurance, I did not ask for a quote. I am guessing 1000 Rs as compulsory deductibles plus 500 misc should be it.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 23:44   #8111
BHPian

My Greyhound (1.3 S-Cross Delta) turned 1 today

Avg. cost of service is around 8k, 40k kms service costed 12k as I got the front brake pads replaced.

Avg. fuel economy has been around 19 kmpl in the city and 22 kmpl on the highways.

Preferred engine oil: Mobil 1 0W40.

First road trip: Delhi-Agra-Delhi.

Longest road trip done till date: Delhi-Mumbai-Hampi-Goa-Mumbai-Delhi.

Warranty replacements done: Engine Wiring harness and Exide battery.

Breakdowns: One due to Engine wiring harness going kaput.

Best thing about the car: Chassis, handling and supremely comfortable ride quality on highways.

Worst thing about the car: Deisel clatter and stock JKs.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-668b722f9d404b328fb56529be875628.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 10:06   #8112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Coming soon...
Dear Sir,
Expecting your review on the face lifted s cross!
The effect of the torque assist feature, REALLY if there is one, has to have special mentioning in your review.
Thanks.
smuniswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:42   #8113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Does any owner get any feedback call from Maruti? I am not referring to dealer/service center feedback call.

In all my 3 services so far, what I observed is the service center tries to push some unnecessary stuff down your throat. After last service, they had directly fixed door guards on all 4 doors, which I had not asked for. This time, they replaced the tyre valve caps with some 'premium' metal caps. Even though the cost is not much it was still uncalled for. I have told the service center manager this time that if they try to sell some unwanted stuff, I will escalate it with Maruti-Nexa.
Looks like this feedback of mine has been taken very seriously. Look at the email from the CCM of the service center. He also gave me a call before sending the email and said that he will take utmost care that this does not happen again. I mentioned that after the Baleno incidence in Banglore, I am a bit skeptical about service standards of Maruti/Nexa. He asked how did I know about the Baleno incidence. I told him that it is all over the place and being a Senior Team-BHP member, I knew it first hand. After mentioning Team-BHP, he got a bit more apologetic and said that this mistake will not happen and please do not escalate this further to Maruti or any social media.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-maruti_email.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 10:50   #8114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear Sir,
Expecting your review on the face lifted s cross!
The effect of the torque assist feature, REALLY if there is one, has to have special mentioning in your review.
Thanks.
Thanks.. I will be writing an ownership review and will try and cover as much details as possible.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 13:41   #8115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
My Greyhound (1.3 S-Cross Delta) turned 1 today

Avg. cost of service is around 8k, 40k kms service costed 12k as I got the front brake pads replaced.

Avg. fuel economy has been around 19 kmpl in the city and 22 kmpl on the highways.

Preferred engine oil: Mobil 1 0W40.

First road trip: Delhi-Agra-Delhi.

Longest road trip done till date: Delhi-Mumbai-Hampi-Goa-Mumbai-Delhi.

Warranty replacements done: Engine Wiring harness and Exide battery.

Breakdowns: One due to Engine wiring harness going kaput.

Best thing about the car: Chassis, handling and supremely comfortable ride quality on highways.

Worst thing about the car: Deisel clatter and stock JKs.
46k+ in one year is WOW

Can you please post more details about the engine wiring harness issue and resolution ? Also, the cost breakup of the 40k service if possible.

At your mileage, I am guessing the JK replacement is not far off so that should take care of one of the negatives of the car.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks