Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 13:26   #526
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
Quick q: What is the waiting period for Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX (O) in Bangalore? One of my relatives wants to buy and has been given different timelines by different dealers. Blue Hyundai says 2 to 3 weeks; Trident 2 to 3 months etc. He is planning a two week long drive during Christmas holidays and wants the car at least a month before that. He has decided on SX(O) mainly for Diesel & ESP. He is confused on waiting period since a friend of his who paid in full and booked his Creta is being ignored by Blue Hyundai and has been waiting for 3.5 weeks already. The friend was promised a car in 10 days !
I guess as per dealers in Delhi, the waiting period is anywhere between 2-3 months. The automatic version can go upto 6 months. I have enquired from 4-5 dealers and most of them have the same version. I have booked one on the 11th October and had requested the dealer that I would want the delivery in Feb 2016. He was surprised and said that I was the first customer not asking for delivery in December as they would get a lot of vehicle in December. Why should I take a 2015 model when I can get a 2016 model. Am I missing a trick here?
Old 28th October 2015, 13:40   #527
Senior - BHPian

I drove a relative's top-end automatic Creta the other day and I had a few thoughts - good and bad. It's larger than I thought and therefore comfortable fully loaded. The ride quality was good and it handled bad roads with ease.

What I didn't like was the engine noise and the rather pedestrian auto transmission but that maybe because my point of reference is my Vento TSI which is supreme in both those respects.

At the end, the drive left me with a strangely empty feeling. I mean it's a competent Hyundai product and there's nothing like it in our market but it lacks a clinching wow factor - be it design or technology. If SUV body style is your thing then it's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
I guess as per dealers in Delhi, the waiting period is anywhere between 2-3 months. The automatic version can go upto 6 months. I have enquired from 4-5 dealers and most of them have the same version. I have booked one on the 11th October and had requested the dealer that I would want the delivery in Feb 2016. He was surprised and said that I was the first customer not asking for delivery in December as they would get a lot of vehicle in December. Why should I take a 2015 model when I can get a 2016 model. Am I missing a trick here?
Simple, because you're thinking long-term and model year and the dealer is thinking short-term and hit product.

Last edited by StarScream : 28th October 2015 at 13:50.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:34   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
Welcome to the club. I had cancelled my booking with a dealer in Delhi owing to unclear delivery timelines and eventually booked with one in Gurgaon, only last week. Ironically, he was more confident of being able to deliver the car in December than in February; but similar to your scenario, I was clear around purchasing a 2016 manufactured vehicle instead

Guess there will be a lot of us who would prefer to purchase a 2016 model which might leave some 2015 stock. I wouldn't mind a 2015 model in Jan'16 as long as it comes with some heavy discounts :-)
Old 30th October 2015, 00:29   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

Guess there will be a lot of us who would prefer to purchase a 2016 model which might leave some 2015 stock. I wouldn't mind a 2015 model in Jan'16 as long as it comes with some heavy discounts :-)

I'm in the same boat. I want to buy a 2016 model although I haven't made a booking yet. When will the 2016 model be sold or delivered...I'm hearing a mixed opinions...some say Mid Jan, other say Feb and some even say end of March. My comparison is with my TVS Jupiter for which I booked in December 2013 but waited to take the 2014 model delivery in late Jan 2014. But I do understand that we can't draw comparisons with 2 wheeler market. Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 30th October 2015, 15:26   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
I'm in the same boat. I want to buy a 2016 model although I haven't made a booking yet. When will the 2016 model be sold or delivered...I'm hearing a mixed opinions...some say Mid Jan, other say Feb and some even say end of March. Any advice will be appreciated.
The timelines might differ from City to City and dealer to dealer depending upon number bookings, transportation timelines and split of bookings (color/model etc.)

I doubt if it would actually be delayed until March; expecting delivery by Mid Feb should be realistic

The Dealer I have booked through was confident of committing to delivery of a 2016 manufactured vehicle by Mid February; and I am referring to a pretty large scale dealer in Gurgaon

My suggestion would be that you at least make the booking at the earliest, because there would a lot of folks now who would be booking with the intention of getting a 2016 model

Make sure you don't pay more than 25k as the booking amount as different dealers might quote you different amounts, even upto 1 Lac
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 16:05   #531
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:

My suggestion would be that you at least make the booking at the earliest, because there would a lot of folks now who would be booking with the intention of getting a 2016 model

Make sure you don't pay more than 25k as the booking amount as different dealers might quote you different amounts, even upto 1 Lac

Good points you made there. I'll try to book it mid-late November. Will definitely stick to the 25k booking amount.

By the way I'm planning to purchase from Hyderabad.

Thanks for the advice.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 03:41   #532

I was also planning for a 2016 model because of the waiting period. But because of this new dealer (Ajith Hyundai) in Trivandrum, got mine in October 2015 itself. It all started on 5th October when I went to this dealer and enquired about the waiting period. Initially they gave me a waiting period of 16 months. So when they asked to make the booking I was reluctant because I feared that I will get a 2015 model vehicle by January 2016. But the sales manager convinced me that I will get delivery by 1st week of November. So I paid the booking amount on the condition that I needed the delivery before Diwali. But to my surprise, the car that I booked came to showroom on 21st October itself. I paid the full amount and was trying to get delivery on the same week. But because of pooja holidays, the RTOs were closed for rest of the week. Finally I got delivery on 29th

Few extra day delay was because I chose to take insurance from outside. The OTR price quoted by the dealer was around 15.76 for SX(O) excluding extended warranty. The B2B insurance came to around 51k. I read somewhere in the forum that if we take insurance from outside, it would be cheaper. I got a quote of 28k from and agent and I decided to take it. The final OTR was 15.53.

The delivery ceremony was special as it was the first SX(O) version to be sold from there. The SA managed to fill half a tank diesel because this. I was really impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20151029wa0000.jpg  

Iamthe1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 15:43   #533
BHPian

A friend of mine (non-bhpian) booked a Creta SX+ Petrol on the 22nd September last month. He was promised a delivery date of 22nd October (festive period). On the said day, they offer him a Diesel variant or say he has to wait till the 11th of November for a petrol. He has been following up ever since and is now told that petrol variants are not being produced, and that he can either opt for a Diesel variant or cancel the booking.

I have a few questions regarding this from potential buyers who have visited Hyundai showrooms off late.
  1. Is this a one off bad dealership experience or is there truly a gap in demand and supply of the petrol variants? (Note: the dealership in question is in Himachal. I'm not aware if there is a priority distribution list from Hyundai to metros etc)
  2. Since he has been smitten by the Creta and does not want to consider alternatives, he is considering booking a 2016 model from elsewhere (Uttarakhand/Haryana etc). What realistic timelines can he expect if he books immediately?
  3. Any recommended dealerships in the vicinity who are not in the habit of going back on their word? The current experience has put him in a foul mood.
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:03   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting periods of the Creta have come down, after production has been ramped up to 7,000 units per month at present.

Hyundai India is said to ramp up production of the Creta even further to ~10,000 units per from from December 2015 onwards.

Quote:
Dealers are now saying that diesel models of the Creta can be delivered by end-January if booked now, while the petrol model can be delivered even earlier. The waiting period of the Creta now is up to three months for the diesel automatic, whereas the manual variants can be delivered earlier.

This reduction in the waiting period could be attributed to the increase in production from the original 5,000 units per month to 7,000 units last month and with a further growth to 9,000 to 10,000 units per month from December.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd November 2015 at 20:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 02:19   #535
BHPian

Is there a workaround to enable Speed Sensing Auto Door lock in the Sx+ AT variant? This is one "safety" feature which is a must on Indian roads specially at red lights
Old 3rd November 2015, 02:42   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthe1 View Post
The delivery ceremony was special as it was the first SX(O) version to be sold from there. The SA managed to fill half a tank diesel because this. I was really impressed.
Congrats on your purchase!
You really got lucky.

Was really surprising to see Hyundai giving their 3rd dealership in Trivandrum.
Remember seeing a lot of Pothens and Popular Hyundai outlets the last time I was inn the city.
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:25   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the club. I had cancelled my booking with a dealer in Delhi owing to unclear delivery timelines and eventually booked with one in Gurgaon, only last week. Ironically, he was more confident of being able to deliver the car in December than in February; but similar to your scenario, I was clear around purchasing a 2016 manufactured vehicle instead

Discounts for this car won't happen till a year, an average buyer does not care if it is 2015 make or a 2016 make. If it is registered in 2016 he will be happy taking an immediate delivery cash down. So I guess you can continue planning your 2016 manufactured delivery
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:03   #538
BHPian

Installed autodimming IRVM on my creta.
Very simple DIY!! Check out the thread in the DIY section

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3840376

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0327.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0296.jpg
vinj14 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:22   #539
BHPian

Hi. Has anyone tried fixing a dead pedal to the Creta ? There is no OEM part for this as per the SA @ Trident Hyundai, Seshadripuram, Bangalore.
Any options?

Last edited by harshavardhan : 3rd November 2015 at 22:24.
Old 4th November 2015, 06:59   #540
Senior - BHPian

***WARNING!!!!***

The auto up/down driver side power window feature of the Creta lacks the anti pinch safety feature.

I hurt my hand badly when I accidentally put it on auto up mode while stretching my hand out to collect the toll receipt. And trust me it hurts like hell.

Please be extra cautious when your kids are around. Never let them play around with the power windows. I shudder to imagine this happening to a kid. It would have been fatal.

Shame on Hyundai for omitting this feature. They would have as well omitted the auto up down Feature. Planning to take a legal recourse unless Hyundai satisfactorily replies back to my complaint.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks