Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 18:21   #1276
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Do the showrooms have bumper kits available in their accessory packs ? Ive seen 2 Cretas on the roads that had different front and back plastic bumpers. Looked nice and butch and really upped the cars SUV cred. Just wondering if it was from the dealer or accessory shop
Old 4th September 2016, 20:24   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Do the showrooms have bumper kits available in their accessory packs ? Ive seen 2 Cretas on the roads that had different front and back plastic bumpers. Looked nice and butch and really upped the cars SUV cred. Just wondering if it was from the dealer or accessory shop
Yes these are available, got fitted for my car from the dealer itself. Looks far better than the bar-type guards!

Update on the request sensor: It is working again, my initial hunch of rain/water being the culprit was correct. I wonder if Hyundai is actually fixing this problem or just replacing buttons..
Old 4th September 2016, 23:20   #1278
BHPian

My Creta SX CRDI is 8 months old. I experienced an AC problem for over a month. Even with the fan speed set to 4 or 5 bars, the blower would be ineffective, as if I had set it at 1 or 2 bars. At higher fan speeds, the air flow was noisy. I was pretty confident this could be a aircon filter problem.

So, I took the user manual out and figured how to access the aircon filter. When I pulled the filter out, I was surprised to see that the filter was almost dark grey in colour. Plus, the filter was seated incorrectly, in that, the technician who attended my vehicle during the last service didn't notice the arrow indicating the air flow direction on the filter element.

My odo stands at 8000+ kms and the next service is at 10000 kms. I didnt want to wait till the next service. The filter element is a paper based one. I tried to clean it with my vacuum cleaner blower, no avail. Next, after some research on the internet, I took the plunge and decided to wash it under water. Man, the water that was running off the element was dark black! Next, I cleaned the element with lukewarm soap water and a toothbrush. It still looked light grey, but I was convinced it was clean. I rinsed the element thoroughly and let it dry overnight.

The following day, I put the element back in the car. My AC blower is back to normal and the air clearly smells fresher.

It was worth taking the plunge and water washing the element.
rsuresh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 00:07   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I did the upgrade to my SX and went with the assumption that there were no difference in any other parameter (suspension set up etc) and upgraded to 225/55R17 - which has the circumference of 2134.08 and thus the variation of only 20.1 mm or 0.95%. It has been a year since I have been using the car and faced no issues whatsoever.
Thanks Abhi. Is it assumed to be low/no risk if the circumference variation is less than 2%? I too am carrying the same assumption that there is no change in suspension set up across these two variants.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 08:42   #1280
BHPian

Hi,

I own a RED CRETA diesal 1.6 SX and would like to upgrade from micro roof antenna to shark fin antenna.
I have noticed that few SX model owners in bangalore has upgraded it from Hyundai dealers (Advaith Hyundai,TRIDENT).
Has anyone here who has performed this upgrade share their feedback in terms of FM signal reception ?
I checked with Advaith and they quoted Rs 3k which includes the Shark fin antenna and painting it Red.

I would like to know the feedback before going for the upgrade
Old 5th September 2016, 22:22   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

The Creta sees dealer dispatch numbers of 8,450 units for the month of August 2016, and so is placed at #10 in the monthly bestsellers list. (link)

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-2.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:17   #1282
BHPian

Hi,

How about the Airbag deployment when accidents occur with Fitting of these Bumper kit? crash sensors are fitted around the bumpers isn't it?

Experts, throw some light on this subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Yes these are available, got fitted for my car from the dealer itself. Looks far better than the bar-type guards!
Old 6th September 2016, 18:05   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Detailed photos of the new Earth Brown shade on the Creta.

RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 20:30   #1284
BHPian

Booked Creta- Diesel SX+AT, silver. Expect delivery ~1st week of October. I have been looking for a car for more than 6 months now, finally plunged into Creta (leaving Crysta AT behind) though fuel consumption/DTE, auto door lock are sorely missed - hoping these will be added through some sw update in future (hope Koreans are listening). 5th wheel not being alloy is also a sore point. During tyre rotation, one of the wheel is going to be steel, is it ok from dynamics point of view?

I plan to go in for bumper kit, looking at the way it is attached to the bumper, I don't think it impairs the function of air bag!
Old 7th September 2016, 14:42   #1285
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to Pankaj Aggarwal for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts.

Hyundai appears to have discontinued the S variant of the Creta petrol. The variant has been removed from the official website of the company. The move comes after the company introduced the E+ variant of the car in August this year.

The Creta petrol is now available in E, E+, SX+, SX+ Special Edition, SX+ Automatic variants. The price difference between the E+ and SX+ variants is Rs. 1.91 lakh (ex-Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 15:23   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
During tyre rotation, one of the wheel is going to be steel, is it ok from dynamics point of view?
Do a 4 wheel rotation only, no need to include the 5th wheel(Stepney-steel wheel).
Leave aside dynamics, it would look really odd and stand out in a not-so-good way

Enjoy your drive
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 18:43   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thank you to Pankaj Aggarwal for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts.

Hyundai appears to have discontinued the S variant of the Creta petrol. The variant has been removed from the official website of the company. The move comes after the company introduced the E+ variant of the car in August this year.

The Creta petrol is now available in E, E+, SX+, SX+ Special Edition, SX+ Automatic variants. The price difference between the E+ and SX+ variants is Rs. 1.91 lakh (ex-Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Considering this move by Hyundai of introducing E+ and removing S variant and there by creating a huge gap between E+ and SX+ (even more for SX+ special edition) it looks eminent that Hyundai will bring in a variant - most likely S+ to plug the gap. Does anyone have any inside information on this, when such a variant could be launched.
Old 8th September 2016, 00:18   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
...I experienced an AC problem for over a month....When I pulled the filter out, I was surprised to see that the filter was almost dark grey in colour.

...Next, after some research on the internet, I took the plunge and decided to wash it under water... My AC blower is back to normal and the air clearly smells fresher...
That's a great DIY! If you could do a photoshoot of the entire process and create a thread, it'd ve very helpful for the Creta owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
...5th wheel not being alloy is also a sore point. During tyre rotation, one of the wheel is going to be steel, is it ok from dynamics point of view?!..
If the tyre profiles are same (and the spare is not a space saver), then it shouldn't affect the dynamics though a steel wheel is going to look odd with the alloys.

1. You could either buy a single alloy wheel and this will solve the issue.

2. The tyre shop will happily swap the tyres while rotating if you ask them to. This way, you can still do the 5 piece rotation.

Either way, please do a 5 tyre rotation as keeping one tyre unused doesn't help you. It'll get harder after 3 years and will be dangerous to use under high speed driving.

Rotating all 5 tyres will also give you a higher tyre mileage, so you';ll effectively same some bucks before the tyre replacement.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 09:55   #1289
BHPian

A friend Booked a White Petrol SX+ AT first week of Aug from Trident, Sankey road. Promised delivery by Ganesha, Sept 5th. However now he is being told it may take another 2 months.
So wanted to check if anyone is aware of the current the waiting period for the Petrol SX+ AT.
Old 8th September 2016, 10:44   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
A friend Booked a White Petrol SX+ AT first week of Aug from Trident, Sankey road. Promised delivery by Ganesha, Sept 5th. However now he is being told it may take another 2 months.
So wanted to check if anyone is aware of the current the waiting period for the Petrol SX+ AT.
I changed my booking from a Petrol SX+ MT to an SX+ AT on 4th September. Have been quoting a waiting period of 6 weeks for now.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks