Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 18:24   #271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Before that RSA had called to check what time did the towing vehicle arrived yesterday after I placed the request. One thing is sure their after sales service has been top notch and no complaints about that.
I can now breathe a sigh of relief. As I've mentioned earlier, I never had doubts about Mahindra's product quality but was not very contented with the service. After reading your experience with Mahindra customer care I do agree with you that they are doing a great job by attending to your queries in a timely manner. Thanks a lot for sharing the details with us and keeping us updated, Silvernight. I hope you get your tank back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
That's when he said he wasn't from servicing or from sales but had been involved in the design of the TUV and for a design guy to call a customer, which is never done, he says, showed how seriously Mahindra took complaints. Now that sounded assuring to me. I'm sticking to my decision of getting the auto tank!
I am overwhelmed to know that Mahindra TUV300 design professional had called you himself and cleared your doubts. I must say, that is great customer service beyond expectation. I might have to change my outlook regarding their service now. Happy to know that you are sticking with your decision of buying the AMT tank.
Titanium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 19:11   #272

Quote:
Pleasantly surprised that there was a response from Mahindra to my email sent, expressing my apprehensions. A phone call came from Manoj of Mahindras. Asked me what my apprehension was. If you notice, I'm from a rural town and the internet here is real, real, real slow 'çause I wanted to quote Silverknight's write-up to him. Anyway I explained as best as I could what befell Silverknight and what I had meant by saying that the AMT went kaput when the vehicle crossed 100. He assured me that this is a one off and they are rolling out AMTs and those cars are on the road without complaints. I said that was a more sales pitch sounding line. That's when he said he wasn't from servicing or from sales but had been involved in the design of the TUV and for a design guy to call a customer, which is never done, he says, showed how seriously Mahindra took complaints. Now that sounded assuring to me. I'm sticking to my decision of getting the auto tank!
Just after I posted the above I got a mail from mahindra. Following is an excerpt :
"At Mahindra, we attach top priority to safety as well as performance. So please be rest assured of our firm commitment on this and steps we will take to mitigate any such instance in the most customer centric manner. We understand that Mr. Manoj Tripathi, General Manager and Brand Head - TUV300, had a detailed discussion with you today on your feedback and we are glad to note your satisfaction with the same.

That over 7000+ TUV300s are on road today in short span of just 2 months since launch, is a testimony of the overwhelming success of TUV300 and its AMT variant which today is one of the most sought after. It is this overwhelming response and success that has made TUV300 the first choice for the discerning consumers like you who are looking for a Tough SUV. "
For your information.
injun269 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 00:21   #273
BHPian

Received a call from customer care manager at 10pm that tyey found the problem and fixed it. Fuel delivery module was faulty due to which engine lost power. I asked why did AMT did not downshift or at least explain if failure of fuel delivery module could have caused AMT from not downshifting. I didn't get a direct answer for it and he said they ran various diagnostic and AMT is absolutely fine. Tomorrow I will discussc this further with him.
silverknight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 08:01   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received a call from customer care manager at 10pm that tyey found the problem and fixed it. Fuel delivery module was faulty due to which engine lost power. I asked why did AMT did not downshift or at least explain if failure of fuel delivery module could have caused AMT from not downshifting. I didn't get a direct answer for it and he said they ran various diagnostic and AMT is absolutely fine. Tomorrow I will discussc this further with him.
So finally that is a good news. Must appreciate that they called you @10pm in the night. Goes to show that they didn't take this lightly and were working round the clock to fix it

Now if the issue was related to the fuel delivery module, it may not be AMT specific and can occur in manual transmission versions as well. So others (including me) better keep a close watch.

Most important question, when are you getting your car back?
Old 17th November 2015, 09:20   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We understand that Mr. Manoj Tripathi, General Manager and Brand Head - TUV300
Here is Mr Tripathi's profile. This is a typical 'plug it' response from a brand/marketing communications standpoint and hence I would take all of it with a large pinch of salt.

Quote:
Fuel delivery module was faulty due to which engine lost power.
Good to see that M&M are on their toes trying to resolve this but I still dont get the connection between faulty fuel delivery and the AMT not down shifting. Are they saying its a sensor problem? Waiting for more info post you discussion today. Hope its nothing serious and you get you car back asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Now if the issue was related to the fuel delivery module, it may not be AMT specific and can occur in manual transmission versions as well
Exactly! Need to wait and watch how this plays out.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 14:15   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear about the progress, when are u getting your tank back?

Meanwhile, last weekend. I got few to do things done on my TUV.
  • 3M Silencer Coating - 2 Year Warranty
  • 3M Under-body Anti Rust treatment - 2 Year Warranty
  • 3M Tyre Dresser
  • 3M Dashboard Dresser
--------------------------
Rs 4270/-
  • Local NoMad Mats - Rs 1800 (For all Rows. 3M NoMad Mats was costing me around Rs 5k for First and Second row.) Coming weekend I may need to give proper cut to the matting so it fits perfect on corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151115_130341.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151115_130135.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151115_130349.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151116_155544.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151116_155548.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151117_134732.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151117_134750.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151117_134744.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151117_134907.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151117_134917.jpg  

sandev is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 15:26   #277

Nice photographs Sandev. Pardon my ignorance but what is a Tyre Dresser? Can you put a photo of that. Thank you.
Old 17th November 2015, 15:56   #278
Senior - BHPian

I had quite an elaborate TD of the TUV 4 days back. The one I drove was the AMT variant and the drive included good roads, bad roads, stop and go traffic and even steep inclines.

While the AMT was not as smooth as the conventional torque converter (the driver can sense the delay while shifting gears), there were no jerks thankfully. Plus in manual mode, it felt very tractable. For someone coming from a Civic A/T, it may take some time getting used to it.

The A/C was a chiller but I still feel inclusion of AC vents for the middle row would have been welcome.

This is the only sub 4 metre vehicle in which me (6'2") and my brother (6'3") can sit comfortably in the rear seat. We both even tried the jump seats in the boot, which is fine for short runs within the city.

What I absolutely detest about the AMT is the fact that it requires the drive to do a handbrake start every time it is being pulled from a standstill on an incline. Not good, spoils the entire driving experience.

However, the NVH was not at all bad for a diesel engine and for a vehicle which costs 11 Lacs on road. I liked the commanding driving position. I drove my XUV to the showroom and I could clearly sense the lack of features in the TUV, but the interiors did not feel downmarket at all, which is good.

Overall, I may never buy the TUV (I still cannot digest the way it looks from front) but I will not mind recommending this car to someone who needs a 5+2 seater on a strict budget. This one is leagues better than the Bolero, Enjoy and Sumo Grande.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 16:00   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Local NoMad Mats - Rs 1800 (For all Rows. 3M NoMad Mats was costing me around Rs 5k for First and Second row.) Coming weekend I may need to give proper cut to the matting so it fits perfect on corners.
Vow, good mats. They look like original 3M Nomad mats. On the day I brought the car home, I fitted the 3M Nomad mats from the local 3M outlet and it costed me 6.5K (@ Rs250/- psqft) and the total area was about 25 sqft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Overall, I may never buy the TUV (I still cannot digest the way it looks from front) but I will not mind recommending this car to someone who needs a 5+2 seater on a strict budget. This one is leagues better than the Bolero, Enjoy and Sumo Grande.
Liked your short review raj. Looks are subjective, it is either hate it or love it as Tushar has mentioned in his review. The cars that you have mentioned above Bolero, Enjoy and Sumo Grande were never in my contention, not sure about other TUV owners here. They are too utilitarian. I however did consider other UVs, viz Ertiga, Mobilio, Lodgy, Scorpio and XUV. Innova was out of contention due to the very high premium it commands and the completely new Innova round the corner.

I striked off Ertiga, Mobilio, Lodgy because all these are front wheel drive cars. I came very close to finalizing the Ertiga, but the uncertainty over the SHVS launch put me off. Mobilio and Lodgy were priced really very high compared to what they have to offer. Scorpio top end for 14.5 lacs on road and XUV W6 about 16 lacs were also way above my budget. Moreover the Scorpio and XUV were a very very tight fit in my apartment parking. The TUV offered me all that I wanted and within a very reasonable budget. It offered me:
  • A RWD (rear wheel drive) car
  • Comfortable seating for my family of 4 (adults)+2(kids) . Additional one or two folks can also be accommodated without much issue
  • A very rugged ladder/frame construction, which can take abuse and bad roads with ease
  • Commanding seating position giving good view of road and I can see over the top of other cars. High beams of oncoming vehicles don't blind me on highways
  • Good ground clearance, gone are the days worrying about speedbreakers and pot holes
All the above attributes with necessary safety features (twin airbags, ABS/ EBD) offered in the top end variant under a budget of 10 under lacs on road was too attractive a proposition for me to resist. Hence despite some of its shortcomings like 3 cylinder engine, unproven track record, initial teething niggles I took the jump.

My initial ownership review will be out over this week end. You can then get a better perspective from an owner.

Edit: Mods please merge this post with the above one. Since it was out of the 30 mins window, I could not append it to the above post.

Quote:
Sometime back I talked to silverknight and got this update from him (silverknight, hope you don't mind it me sharing here on your behalf ). The customer care exec called him and informed him that his car was ready and he can come to pick it. When silvernight told him that he needs the detailed report about why this has happened and what was done to rectify it and prevent it happening in future, he did not get an appropriate response. So silverknight has decided to visit the workshop tomorrow morning and talk to the service manager there. The customer care exec seems to be averse of the ground realities. Maybe once silverknight visits the workshop tomorrow we can get further updates from him.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th November 2015 at 08:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 17th November 2015, 21:09   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Sometime back I talked to silverknight and got this update from him (silverknight, hope you don't mind it me sharing here on your behalf ). The customer care exec called him and informed him that his car was ready and he can come to pick it. When silvernight told him that he needs the detailed report about why this has happened and what was done to rectify it and prevent it happening in future, he did not get an appropriate response. So silverknight has decided to visit the workshop tomorrow morning and talk to the service manager there. The customer care exec seems to be averse of the ground realities. Maybe once silverknight visits the workshop tomorrow we can get further updates from him.
Thanks for updating on my behalf
I have created a new thread for this issue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...downshift.html

Last edited by silverknight : 17th November 2015 at 21:11. Reason: Fixed typos
silverknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 23:00   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Coming weekend I may need to give proper cut to the matting so it fits perfect on corners
Thanks for sharing the pictures, Sandev. They are very informative.

Quote:
. The TUV offered me all that I wanted and within a very reasonable budget.
My initial ownership review will be out over this week end. You can then get a better perspective from an owner.
I completely agree with your views regarding TUV. Looking forward for your initial ownership report. I hope to get some pointers from your driving experience of the tank.

"M&M ramps up TUV300 production to meet growing demand" - I found this news on Economic Times today. This news sends out positive vibes.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 04:47   #282

White polar bear - TUV T8 AMT arrived home during this Diwali. When my hunt started for an auto diesel SUV with 10 lakh budget with the required safety features, it was an easy and quick decision as in the market I was left with no other option than the TUV AMT.
First day checked the TUV in and out, up and down on the day of launch. Next day visited the showroom and took the TUV for a spin in all different possible terrains around and also in highways. I was pleased with the ride quality, interiors, NVH and handling compared to the Scorpio and Bolero that I have driven in the Mahindra stable. The only miss in that test drive is the AMT which was not available by that time.
Being a satisfied Mahindra customer for many years (previously owned a Scorpio) and with pure gut feeling went ahead and booked the bear. Dealer promised delivery in 4-6 weeks but in almost 2 months time they arranged for delivery. For those 2 months I was checking Team-BHP almost every day for updates about TUV. Then came the Team-BHP official review which gave me big relief about my decision. But still no much updates seen regarding AMT. Silvernights and other updates regarding AMT were very much helpful in upholding my decision. So far all good and no issues to report with AMT unlike other forum members who have reported some issues. I will write a detailed report after completing the first service. For now, enjoy the snaps
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5415.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_8095.jpeg
Vehicle Arrived at Stockyard
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5424.jpg
Getting Ready for Delivery
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5434.jpg
Reached Home and standing next to my sister's Ecosport
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5426.jpg
Shoe Change - Michelin 215/75R15 Lattitude Cross
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5427.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5428.jpg
Shoes changed. This is awesome. I think Mahindra can charge some extra for the TUV and change OEM tyres to Michelin
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5430.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5432.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5433.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5431.jpg
Some more snaps next to Sporty Ecosport
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5420.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_5421.jpg
Some snaps next to Evergreen Bolero taken during initial test drives.
kings07 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 07:27   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings07 View Post
White polar bear - TUV T8 AMT arrived home during this Diwali.
Congrats King07. Wishing you many miles of happy & safe driving.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 10:21   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations kings07 on getting your White polar bear - TUV T8 AMT (nice name)

Quote:
Silvernights and other updates regarding AMT were very much helpful in upholding my decision. So far all good and no issues to report with AMT unlike other forum members who have reported some issues. I will write a detailed report after completing the first service.
True, yours is the second TUV AMT on TBHP and that too a white (like silverknight), what a coincidence. Good to know that your experience with the TUV has been flawless till date. How many kms have you driven it till date? Please start you separate ownership thread, meanwhile you can keep posting your observations here in this thread.

Quote:
Reached Home and standing next to my sister's Ecosport
The Ecosport in itself is a decently sized car, however the TUV just dwarfs the Ecosport and makes it appear smaller than what it actually is.

Quote:
Shoe Change - Michelin 215/75R15 Lattitude Cross. Shoes changed. This is awesome. I think Mahindra can charge some extra for the TUV and change OEM tyres to Michelin
Did your TUV come with the Ceats of Apollos? If the former, how was your experience with them? For me it were the Apollo Apterras and they are very good for OEM tyres, so I don't have any plan to replace them.

Quote:
Some snaps next to Evergreen Bolero taken during initial test drives.
Good shot comparing the yerteryear's workhorse with the new kid on the block. TUV's bonnet appears to be shorter than that of the Bolero. If possible can you take a measuring tape and measure the difference between the two?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 11:47   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations ! Nice choice of tires, even I switched to Lattitude cross they look and perform awesome.
silverknight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks