Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 12:14   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Well, no harm asking. Since there is a precedence of others getting it.
Ex-showroom price and RTO charges cross 5.90 easily, present demand for discount will take it lower than that. Will any dealer go to that extent is my doubt

BTW, mine is a full payment in cash as with my Fiesta in the past, will that make any difference ?

Last edited by shajufx : 20th January 2016 at 12:16.
Old 21st January 2016, 22:37   #212
BHPian

Just completed reading the full thread. Curious to know why petrol 1.2 is considered underperforming? Have done test drive with the petrol titanium+ TD car and was immensely excited ( I am by nature a sedate driver and prefer to keep rpm in sub 2K level). Changed my mind from Jazz S and booked one petrol titanium variant(2015). The dealer is offering 18K cash, free insurance (zero dep) and 5K worth accessories. Have not done any negotiation yet.
purnendubagchi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:28   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Just completed reading the full thread. Curious to know why petrol 1.2 is considered underperforming? Have done test drive with the petrol titanium+ TD car and was immensely excited ( I am by nature a sedate driver and prefer to keep rpm in sub 2K level). Changed my mind from Jazz S and booked one petrol titanium variant(2015). The dealer is offering 18K cash, free insurance (zero dep) and 5K worth accessories. Have not done any negotiation yet.
Jazz S to Figo Titanium is indeed a sane move considering the number of features you would be missing in Jazz S even after paying almost similar price.

Best of luck!

Not to forget the service costs of a Honda (being twice a year compared to Ford's once a year). Also, the Figo comes across as more solid and well built compared to Jazz based on the fact that there are none to minimal niggles posted since 3-4 months of Figo's launch and more than 6-7 months since Aspire's launch.

Regarding the underwhelming Petrol, perhaps the bar is raised far too high after driving the Figo 1.5D so the petrol is bound to feel underpowered!

When is the delivery expected though?
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:55   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Jazz S to Figo Titanium is indeed a sane move considering the number of features you would be missing in Jazz S even after paying almost similar price.

Best of luck!

Not to forget the service costs of a Honda (being twice a year compared to Ford's once a year). Also, the Figo comes across as more solid and well built compared to Jazz based on the fact that there are none to minimal niggles posted since 3-4 months of Figo's launch and more than 6-7 months since Aspire's launch.

Regarding the underwhelming Petrol, perhaps the bar is raised far too high after driving the Figo 1.5D so the petrol is bound to feel underpowered!

When is the delivery expected though?
Thanks a lot. The petrol one is ready for delivery.
Old 23rd January 2016, 22:15   #215
BHPian

Made full payment today. Delivery promised on Monday.
purnendubagchi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 14:47   #216
BHPian

Folks, has anyone driven the base or Mid-variants of the figo? How is the braking ability without the ABS (As ABS only comes in the Titanium variants). Any feedback would be of great help.
Old 25th January 2016, 17:05   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Just completed reading the full thread. Curious to know why petrol 1.2 is considered underperforming? ...The dealer is offering 18K cash, free insurance (zero dep) and 5K worth accessories. Have not done any negotiation yet.
1.2 is underperforming for people who are so used to the 1.6 or 1.5 engines. There is no other way to put it. I could not find any issue with the 1.2 for a hatch, absolutely a pleasure to drive unless you want to catch up with someone on a Ferrari Your discounts seem to be better than Bangalore !

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
...Mid-variants of the figo? How is the braking ability without the ABS (As ABS only comes in the Titanium variants). Any feedback would be of great help.
Braking is superb throughout the variants. If you are not a highway driver, ABS hardly comes to picture within the city, taking into consideration how pathetic our roads are. I feel ground clearance is more priority in Bangalore than the breaks and engine. I was ready to purchase a farm tractor for the city, but wifee was totally against it !! So, picking up a Figo 1.2 P Trend this weekend !

Using multiple cars with ABS and EBD in the past, I can only count 2 or 3 times of ABS getting active in the past 10 years, once to save a senior citizen crossing the Salem-Coimbatore toll-way, saving a horse crossing the Bangalore-Mysore route and 3rd saving a total drunk man sleeping middle of the Chitradurga-Hubli stretch !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:07   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, has anyone driven the base or Mid-variants of the figo? How is the braking ability without the ABS (As ABS only comes in the Titanium variants). Any feedback would be of great help.
Hi, I got a trend variant of the diesel which doesn't have abs or alloys delivered to me on Pongal day ie., 15/01/2016 and so far Have reached 1000kms as of today and afaik, the braking ability is simply superb. You don't miss the abs in this car. Mileage seems to get better and better as the car munches more kilometres. Honestly speaking, this car is a great value for money spent . The only thing thing that annoys me is the lack of the solid thud feel while closing the doors otherwise great engine, nice suspension, nice fuel efficiency, makes driving more pleasant. Seems like ford has got a winner in its hands.
benzbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:31   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbala View Post
Hi, I got a trend variant of the diesel...only thing thing that annoys me is the lack of the solid thud feel while closing the doors otherwise great engine...
If you want to get that solid thud, there is a simple way of doing it. I had done it on my WagonR long back. Get the Dynamat sound damping material and install it inside the door panels. It will increase the total weight by few kilos but the thud that it gives you is as good as an expensive sedan ! Although new Figo is very well damped from external noise, the extra damping can make it super silent too
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:44   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I got a trend variant of the diesel which doesn't have abs or alloys delivered to me on Pongal day ie., 15/01/2016 and so far Have reached 1000kms as of today and afaik, the braking ability is simply superb. You don't miss the abs in this car. Mileage seems to get better and better as the car munches more kilometres. Honestly speaking, this car is a great value for money spent . The only thing thing that annoys me is the lack of the solid thud feel while closing the doors otherwise great engine, nice suspension, nice fuel efficiency, makes driving more pleasant. Seems like ford has got a winner in its hands.
Thanks for that! BTW, how much is your mileage right now ?
Old 25th January 2016, 21:54   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that! BTW, how much is your mileage right now ?
About 70% highways at speeds not crossing 100kmph and 30% in city bumper to bumper traffic. This was the average I got with 100% AC usage.

Ford Figo : Official Review-image.jpeg

Last edited by ampere : 7th February 2016 at 18:57. Reason: Fixed Image orientation
benzbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 21:56   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If you want to get that solid thud, there is a simple way of doing it. I had done it on my WagonR long back. Get the Dynamat sound damping material and install it inside the door panels. It will increase the total weight by few kilos but the thud that it gives you is as good as an expensive sedan ! Although new Figo is very well damped from external noise, the extra damping can make it super silent too
Would definitely do that Asap sir...... Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 15:37   #223
BHPian

Quote:
About 70% highways at speeds not crossing 100kmph and 30% in city bumper to bumper traffic. This was the average I got with 100% AC usage.
+1; Even I'm getting decent average of 19/20 irrespective for daily commute to office irrespective of traffic situations. I travel around 50 % highway and 50% bumper to bumper traffic with A.C. ON
Old 28th January 2016, 15:43   #224

Regarding the VIN. I had made some partial payments. The vin dealer gave me is not available with the customer service dept. i think they have a tool or something. how to verify ford mfg entitiy of the VIN no given by dealer. although the etis website has this url. this is on 2016 model figo.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:47   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
+1; Even I'm getting decent average of 19/20 irrespective for daily commute to office irrespective of traffic situations. I travel around 50 % highway and 50% bumper to bumper traffic with A.C. ON
That's nice, I get around 18 - 18.5kmpl for 100% city driving and AC for 75% of time.

As you are from Pune you would be aware of how nasty the traffic is from VimanNagar to KarveNagar during peak hours!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks