Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 19:13   #226
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
That's nice, I get around 18 - 18.5kmpl for 100% city driving and AC for 75% of time.

As you are from Pune you would be aware of how nasty the traffic is from VimanNagar to KarveNagar during peak hours!
Thats right I belong to Pune. I can imagine traffice at the peak hours in that part of the city. btw you need to update your car info in your profile
Old 29th January 2016, 19:55   #227
Senior - BHPian

I am taking the delivery of 1.2P Trend tomorrow morning as hinted earlier. There is also a 'live' thread like my old Fiesta thread thats in the making. Hope to keep things useful and informative for the Figo crowd.

This is my 6th car in 12 years and I am not getting that excitement of taking a new delivery. I have no idea why its like that. May be I am old, or may be I have tuned my brain to the thought that its for my wifee.

7 is my lucky number and I wish my 7th possession will compensate all that missing excitement, ideally this year itself

Anyone here using a 1.2 Trend Petrol ? My doubt is: Are there differences in the main key given across variants ?
Old 30th January 2016, 13:36   #228
BHPian

Hello guys, I have a technical query about the idler bearing on the figo diesel. The service center called and said the idler bearing is making a ticking noise. Changing it is going to cost 9k the bearing and belt will be replaced.

I heard the bearing and its making a constant high paced ticking sound but I am not sure if this is just how it is or its abnormal. No other figo in my apartment to do a double check. There is no squeaking of any sort on the belt mechanism either like the one that is heard when there is an issue with the belt.

Any know how on this issue would be appreciated.
Old 30th January 2016, 15:18   #229
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I just took the delivery. Immediate requirement is a reverse camera as rear view is very poor. Specially because it will be my wife's daily drive. Can anyone suggest something? Preferably the single camera at the rear with a display on the dash or mirror. Thanks.
Old 30th January 2016, 18:02   #230

Ford figo oil leak

Hi friends, I bought a used Ford figo 2010 model clocked 130000km, which is leaking oil. I changed crankshaft oil seal but still the leak is there. Can anyone identify what may be the source. Since the leak is very little Im waiting for further course of action. Attached photos I have taken with my mobile. Marked in red is the area where oil drops.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-1454156926550.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-1454157081164.jpg  

Old 30th January 2016, 22:24   #231
BHPian

Hi Shajufx, browse new ford figo accessories on ford website and you will eventually find your solution. It cost around 12 k which includes mirror and one rear camera. Hope that helps.
Old 30th January 2016, 23:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
Hi Shajufx, browse new ford figo accessories on ford website and you will eventually find your solution. It cost around 12 k which includes mirror and one rear camera. Hope that helps.
I have seen it but don't you think thats a premium price to pay for a silly camera and a low quality mirror display? Similar things are available on Amazon and EBay for half that price. I am waiting to see someone giving a feedback on the same. Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 08:54   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have seen it but don't you think thats a premium price to pay for a silly camera and a low quality mirror display? Similar things are available on Amazon and EBay for half that price. I am waiting to see someone giving a feedback on the same. Thanks
Sadly,the factor called "Warranty" comes into picture. In case of any of the electrical components to fail,Ford will have every right to deny your insurance claim.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 11:09   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Hello guys, I have a technical query about the idler bearing on the figo diesel. The service center called and said the idler bearing is making a ticking noise. Changing it is going to cost 9k the bearing and belt will be replaced.
First of all they can't charge you for the bearing job, your car being a brand new one, it must be covered under warranty itself! And secondly, no it is absolutely not normal for a bearing to a make ticking noise as described by you. If it is about timing belt, then you should not waste a single minute, get it replaced as soon as possible! A broken belt or a worn out bearing might spell disaster for you engine.

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 31st January 2016 at 11:10.
Old 31st January 2016, 19:13   #235
BHPian

Re: Ford figo oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvinod View Post
Marked in red is the area where oil drops.
Are you sure this car has not suffered an underbody hit in the past? That bracket has some serious welding work done on it. As far as I can tell, either your A/C Compressor is leaking or your oil sump gasket has gone kaput.
shady_lawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 21:13   #236

Hi thanks for reply, I don't know whether any hit happened in the underbody as I'm a second owner of this car.

But the leak starts only after some running, not much if the car in idle.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2016 at 09:35. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 1st February 2016, 06:53   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Sadly,the factor called "Warranty" comes into picture. In case of any of the electrical components to fail,Ford will have every right to deny your insurance claim.
Agree that on paper, but reality is different. My Fiesta had the entire music system, speakers and wires changed. Also I changed the stock lights with higher watts. Reverse sensors were fitted, all the tires to alloys and a size bigger. All that in the first year. Service guys started spotting all the non Ford accessories, but never talked about warranty.

My neighbor took delivery of Figo last month. He was asked by the sales guy to fit the sensors from outside.

Anyway, to cut the story short, I will check the quality of lower and higher ones and see if its worth going for dealer fitting.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 09:43   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Agree that on paper, but reality is different. My Fiesta had the entire music system, speakers and wires changed. Also I changed the stock lights with higher watts. Reverse sensors were fitted, all the tires to alloys and a size bigger. All that in the first year. Service guys started spotting all the non Ford accessories, but never talked about warranty.

My neighbor took delivery of Figo last month. He was asked by the sales guy to fit the sensors from outside.

Anyway, to cut the story short, I will check the quality of lower and higher ones and see if its worth going for dealer fitting.
That was a different time where you used to get everything installed from outside-seat covers,light upgrades,horn upgrades,reverse sensors,audio systems you name it. Cars over the period of time have become electrically complicated where you get everything in the top end,manufacturers have tightened their policies to make them less liable. Accessories is one section where dealers earn a hefty margin.It again depends on the dealer and the rapo with service reps or engineers. If you have a good relation with them they mite as well ignore the small things .
PS- it's a bit surprising where Ford doesn't provide parking sensors even in the top most model.
Old 1st February 2016, 11:00   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was a different time where you used to get everything installed from outside....Ford doesn't provide parking sensors even in the top most model
Rakesh, I was talking about the 2nd generation Fiesta, where warranty was void when we do any mods on the car, it was clearly instructed at delivery too. End of the day we upgraded lot of things, nothing went wrong

My neighbor who took delivery of Figo last month is anyway comes in the latest category. He was asked by the sales guy to fit the reverse sensor from outside. There was no discussion about warranty or anything of that sort. That's the only reason I was wondering why it would make any difference on my decision in choosing a 3rd party installation.

I thought top end Figo comes with reverse cam and sensors !!!
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 13:29   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Thats right; This is why I suggested for strictly ford components. Those extra 5-6 are worth spending in long run.
nilpat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks