Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 08:29   #271

I heard the same rattling sounds in the Figo I took a test drive on. There was a rattling noise from the driver side rear door every time the car went over a bump or undulations in the road. The Ford guy replied that test vehicles are abused and hence the sound.
It's a shame that Ford would ignore this and not install the doors properly, given that they know how Indian roads are.
Old 12th February 2016, 09:21   #272
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
My car's driver side door has this issue. The dealer has attended to it once but the sound returned soon after that. I am going to get it checked again tomorrow during the second free service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Sad but true. My car has visited the workshop thrice to get the creaking issues sorted. Started with the hatch, then the left doors and then the right ones. I guess it's not only the light doors, but maybe an issue with the hinges. Or else why would they need to be aligned all the time?
My car had some rattling noises coming from right rear door before it had done 2500Km's BUT when I pointed it out during the first service, they tested extensively by driving around on the rough terrain there and located the source. I was sure it was from the rear door lock and so it was! Apart from the visible greasing of the locking mechanism I don't know what the service guys did. When I asked, they only mentioned greasing.

Now with 5000Km's done, never has the rattles or squeaks returned. This is when I have driven the car on some non-existent roads with decent speeds.

The rear doors are indeed light but no way they are like a rattlesnake, far from it! To be very fair, keeping the comparison with 1st gen Figo aside, this does not feel like an outcome of desperate cost cutting.

If I may add, the new Figo is much solidly built than some of its competition. Period.
teemus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 10:12   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Just completed reading the full thread. Curious to know why petrol 1.2 is considered underperforming? Have done test drive with the petrol titanium+ TD car and was immensely excited ( I am by nature a sedate driver and prefer to keep rpm in sub 2K level).
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
1.2 is underperforming for people who are so used to the 1.6 or 1.5 engines.
My 2 cents;
The 1.2 is felt underpowered when you need that extra power , but it is not there and is more felt when the car is loaded with the AC on.
In comparison to other 1.2 hatches namely- Swift/Baleno, I20/Grand i10, Liva, Jazz/Brio the Ford 1.2 is actually low on power, on paper and otherwise.

If you are a sedate driver, it is enough.

This engine needs to be revv'd a bit for good speed and at the same time, it is not that rev happy due to the restricted intake.

The old and the new Figo has the same engine which is the Duratec 1.2 except that the new Figo has variable valve timing incorporated. Not sure if it makes a huge difference in driveability, but I felt the low end torque has suffered more in the new one.

Last edited by tharian : 12th February 2016 at 10:13.
Old 12th February 2016, 10:49   #274
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
If I may add, the new Figo is much solidly built than some of its competition. Period.
I am sorry there buddy, but I don’t agree with the notion of it being good, because it’s the best amongst the rest. And it is exactly that attitude amongst customers like us, and manufacturers who are grappling for the cents of percentage in the market share, that relegates us to the appalling quality we see even in a Honda City.

I like my car, but the build would probably not even be there on the list of reasons. One can take a look at my ownership thread for that. But I would refrain from saying that it is ‘solidly’ built. I also don’t think it’s a greasing issue. I have had to visit the workshop not once, not twice but three times for recurring rattling issues. Now, I have just left it that. Here are some of my observations over the 4 months I have had my car;

• Put your hand on the door-pad and operate the window. It flexes!
  • Shut the door and push it with a bit of force. It creaks!
  • Over potholes the doors/ hatch will make sound. Period.

Not saying it’s a bad car, there’s a lot that goes into a car than being anal on sounds; but the Figo twins have these problems, and the sooner we, as users, and Ford, as the manufacturer, acknowledges the problem, the better.
P.S. Ford sent out a survey for all new customers, and I have repeated these issues in detail to them on it. Not sure happens of it though.
methecupid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 13:13   #275
BHPian

Quote:
The doors on my Figo make louder noise as well while closing. I guess this is expected for the new Figo as, like you said, Ford has made the doors lighter than their expected standards. However, I would recommend you to contact the dealer if the sound is unusually loud. And, are you also getting rattling sounds from the doors while the car goes over any bumps? My car's driver side door has this issue. The dealer has attended to it once but the sound returned soon after that. I am going to get it checked again tomorrow during the second free service.
Actually I pointed out door noise issue and they did some adjustment and applied some grease but instead sound has increased now. There is something wrong with the lock itself than its built I think. Sound wasn't there for initial one month though. btw I haven't observed any rattling sound I think the car is very well insulated in this department.
nilpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 14:18   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I am sorry there buddy, but I don’t agree with the notion of it being good, because it’s the best amongst the rest. And it is exactly that attitude amongst customers like us, and manufacturers who are grappling for the cents of percentage in the market share, that relegates us to the appalling quality we see even in a Honda City.
Sorry, but I never said it is only as good as to be better just than the rest. For me it feels solid when considered independently and that is important and assuring.

Quote:
I like my car, but the build would probably not even be there on the list of reasons. One can take a look at my ownership thread for that. But I would refrain from saying that it is ‘solidly’ built. I also don’t think it’s a greasing issue. I have had to visit the workshop not once, not twice but three times for recurring rattling issues. Now, I have just left it that.
That is sorry to hear, guess I got lucky it was just the lock mechanism sliding against each other. Now after almost 4 months of ownership I have not experienced any other rattles or squeaks. *touchwood*

Quote:
Here are some of my observations over the 4 months I have had my car;
  • Put your hand on the door-pad and operate the window. It flexes!
  • Shut the door and push it with a bit of force. It creaks!
  • Over potholes the doors/ hatch will make sound. Period.
Agree with 1st point and seems like a design flaw. This I knew from the test drive itself and I chose to overlook it.

2nd point, I have not checked, will try. But the question is why would one abuse it so?

3rd point, I don't quite agree. I have driven it on countryside non-existent roads, gravel roads also through huge potholes and even bigger speed breakers; it does not make sounds. Always goes with a damped low pitched noise, definitely not rattles.

[quote]Not saying it’s a bad car, there’s a lot that goes into a car than being anal on sounds; but the Figo twins have these problems, and the sooner we, as users, and Ford, as the manufacturer, acknowledges the problem, the better.
P.S. Ford sent out a survey for all new customers, and I have repeated these issues in detail to them on it. Not sure happens of it though.[/quote

]Indeed, I have also spent more than 30-40 mins filling out the survey and have put even the mildest of noises of rattles that I have experienced in my first month. I was very elaborate with my answers and have to admit the survey in itself was exhaustive which is a good thing.

Nonetheless, I accept your point of view based on the fact that, if I have had these rattles in my car, I wouldn't have done anything else that what you have here.

Rattles aside, I hope you are enjoying driving the car as much as I am!
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 19:36   #277
BHPian

Hello guys, I am posting this for a friend who bought a figo titanium diesel in december. He says he is seeing white patches (fungus like layer) on the beadings. It vanishes when wiped with a wet cloth(with water or a dashboard cleaner) and reappears once the wetness dries off. He does not use any other detergent or any cleaning agent to wash his car's insides. The water is also not hard water. Could this be a quality issue ? Does any other figo owner see this problem in your car ? Pics attached.Ford Figo : Official Review-img20160208wa0001.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20160208wa0005.jpg

Thanks
Harish
Old 13th February 2016, 11:51   #278
BHPian

Checked in my new Figo TDCi at 9.30AM today for the 10,000KM second service . Complaints I made about the car: 1) Driver side door rattling sound and 2)Engaging reverse gear is not smooth some times, needs couple of tries before the gear slots in. Service advisor's resolution: 1)Since the rattling noise complaint is a recurring complaint after the first service, they need more time to work on the door this time at the body shop which would delay the delivery of the car till evening. This leaves me with no choice but bear with the rattles till the next time at the service centre as I'm time-constrained today. 2)I am told by the S. A. that reverse gear does need couple of tries sometimes and that's normal.

Has anyone else faced the same issue with the reverse gear?!
Old 13th February 2016, 12:41   #279

Quote:
Checked in my new Figo TDCi at 9.30AM today for the 10,000KM second service . Complaints I made about the car: 1) Driver side door rattling sound and 2)Engaging reverse gear is not smooth some times, needs couple of tries before the gear slots in. Service advisor's resolution: 1)Since the rattling noise complaint is a recurring complaint after the first service, they need more time to work on the door this time at the body shop which would delay the delivery of the car till evening. This leaves me with no choice but bear with the rattles till the next time at the service centre as I'm time-constrained today. 2)I am told by the S. A. that reverse gear does need couple of tries sometimes and that's normal.

Has anyone else faced the same issue with the reverse gear?!

Yes regarding reverse gear, I too have faced the same. Additionally, sometime gear do not get downshifted properly, especially downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:44   #280
BHPian

For smooth engagement of reverse gear, it is advised to bring the car to a complete halt, engage the clutch, wait for two-three seconds and then engage the reverse gear. This works for me 90% of the times.

I own first generation figo since 2010 and even for me, the creaks and rattles were very annoying. Doors creaked while going through rough roads and the dashboard rattled near the glove box. I identified that the doors creaked because the beading used to rub the body and the dashboard used to rub with the A pillar plastic shroud. I got couple of meters of foam tape from fellow bhpian and double sided tape and stuck the foam tape on the body frames (where the door beading used to rub the body frame), and the meeting points of A pillar plastic shroud with dashboard and C pillar shroud with parcel tray shelf. It has been 3-4 years and apart from occasional creaks the car is silent since this DIY. Recently I had a ride in a new Scorpio, the same door squeak was present, and also in a Brio, which I drive occasionally.

I am not defending any manufacturer, and saying its common. These little irritants do take away the excitement and should be addressed during the production process, but trying to locate the squeak and solving is better than running behind the mechanics at the service centres.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 14:10   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Has anyone else faced the same issue with the reverse gear?!
Thinking loud - Do you face issue when trying to reverse from stand still (after parking)? If so, I would advise you to engage first gear and move forward a bit and then engage the reverse gear. This mostly ensures the slotting.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 18:22   #282
BHPian

@nit787 Downshifting was a little stiff in the initial run-in period in my car as well but now it's OK!
@BlowHornOK Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try the method.
@swiftnfurious Yes! it generally happens when reversing from standstill.Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it out.
Old 13th February 2016, 20:05   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Engaging reverse gear is not smooth some times, needs couple of tries before the gear slots in. !
Quote:
Originally Posted by nit787 View Post
Yes regarding reverse gear, I too have faced the same. Additionally, sometime gear do not get downshifted properly, especially downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.
I too have the old Figo, and the method suggested by Blowhorn is the correct way to go about it atleast in the old Figo. Give a pause of few seconds after coming to neutral before shifting to reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
For smooth engagement of reverse gear, it is advised to bring the car to a complete halt, engage the clutch, wait for two-three seconds and then engage the reverse gear. This works for me 90% of the times.
If I remember correctly that is how it is recommended to do in the old Figo Manual. Works for me too always.

Most of the old Figo's rattles were solved in the teambhp official drives thread and they were consistently similar across cars. The SAs were not of much help. I guess the same thing will repeat with new Figo!
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 22:08   #284
BHPian

The Air Filter after cleaning during the second service(10,000KM). I thought of replacing it but the Service Advisor was against it. He said service schedule vis-a-vis parts replacement should be adhered to if the part is in OK condition. Otherwise warranty claims(if made) may be jeopardised. Well, in that case, I guess I have to wait till 20,000KM for the replacement, cleaning it myself in the meantime!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160213_122625.jpg  

Old 14th February 2016, 02:41   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Air Filter after cleaning during the second service(10,000KM). I thought of replacing it but the Service Advisor was against it. He said service schedule vis-a-vis parts replacement should be adhered to if the part is in OK condition. Otherwise warranty claims(if made) may be jeopardised...
If a part is NOT replaced as per the schedule, then there is a problem with warranty! If a customer pro-actively replaces a manufacturer recommended part ahead of time, it can NO WAY hamper the warranty piece.

Not too sure why SAs go to this extent of stupid claims. Some do in the interest of lesser expense for the customers, but then they should give the correct explanation than such excuses.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks