Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 22:57   #346
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I think it might help if the car is checked by the service people. See if the air filter is clean enough (it might be clogged with dust sooner in urban pollution). I don't think an engine from Ford should loose its peppiness so soon!
This is what I have already tried but to no avail.

- Italian tuneup
- Cleaning the air filter
- ECU reset
- Engine oil and oil filter change.
- A little higher than recommended tyre pressure
Old 24th March 2016, 11:44   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Frankly all the old generation Ford figo owners also didn't get commendable FE from their Petrol engine and I am also not expecting anything great from this engine. On highways you might be able to extract 12.
What I don't understand is the comparison I make to my own old Fiesta 1.6 which was giving me 14+ right from the first day and it improved to 15+ within city. Figo has lower weight, lower powered and latest engine, still 10 kmpl is strange !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
My 1.2 petrol Aspire gives me an average of 14 with a mix of highway and city drives....Your low mileage might have something to do with your driving style.....
There is something seriously wrong with the petrol engine as a conclusion to whatever I read online. It may not have anything to do with their monthly selling figures but Ford should look into it. I am not bothered about the mileage because my wife is using it Monday to Friday to and from office at the peak hours in the city with full time AC on. Which means no chance to hit 4th gear more than few minutes a day.

I can't even make a judgement on the mileage personally until I take it on the highway during holidays
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 19:05   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.nair View Post
I used to know the manager of Harry Ford. As they are new in town, are seriously looking to get some customers from Kairali. The rust on door is surprising & not a good sign for a new car whatsoever the reason maybe. Will need some neat bodywork to fix it. Try opening the door trim to see how much the rust is? There could be water logging as you mentioned the rust is progressive. Keep posting your friend's experience with Harry Ford.
My friend had visited Harry ford couple of weeks back to have them look at this issue. As he had already escalated this with Ford, an engineer from Ford (I think my friend said he came from Gujarat plant)was also present at the dealership to look at his car.

Ford engineer and the dealership's collective conclusions were that

1. rust seen over the part under the hood is actually the turbo motor and that it is very common to see the exterior of the turbo motor to catch rust. Looks like they even showed my friend a few other cars( figo and old fiesta ) with the turbo having some rust on it; and that nothing much can be done to fix it. Honestly, I have not seen any part under my Old Figo's hood catch this much rust. May be the turbo for Old figo is not easily visible to notice the rust. My friend had to buy their arguments.

2. the rusty looking patches on the A pillar crevice is not actually rust. They sprayed something over those areas and inserted an ATM card covered with a light cloth into the crevice between A pillar and windshield beading to wipe it and the rust like patches immediately disappeared. The paint is still there and hence believing it was not rust. Happy about that.

There was another problem about the fungus like patches in the beading where the doors close onto the body frame. This surfaced even before the rust issues came up. Harry Ford had earlier said that they will order the beading set and have it replaced. Ford customer care says that it has been delivered to Harry. But Harry folks say that they have not received it. This has been going back and forth for a few weeks now. Finally my friend received a call yesterday to go to the dealership to have it replaced next week.

Overall, my friend is not that happy with the attitude of the service folks at Harry Ford. He quoted the Customer Care Manager (One Mr. Tom) of Harry Ford telling the engineer who came from Ford as saying "Sir is concerned only about the aesthetic issues of the car, not with the performance of the car" with my friend also in the scene. My friend got a bit angry at his pun or insult or whatever you may call it and replied "Look we are talking about a 7 lakh plus car here. Not a nano or 800. So definitely I am worried about its aesthetic issues".

Leaving my friend's experience apart, I had a first hand experience of Harry Ford's service yesterday when I gave my first gen Figo for 1 lakh km service which again was disappointing. They are still less than 6 months into running this Ford dealership and service and have the advantage of being located within the city. Most customers dwelling within the city would not prefer to go to Kairali Ford which is a bit far from city and Kairali have their own problems about trust. But seeing the attitude of folks at Harry Ford, I think Kairali was better. A Fiesta guy whom I met at the customer lounge who was made to wait for hours together for getting his car back also had same feeling as mine. I am planning to post it detail in the 1st gen figo review page.
hardoop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 05:05   #349
BANNED

Has anyone upgraded your horn on your Figo/Aspire? Is there a means to upgrade horns by just removing stock horns and just swap them with red grills without relay or wire splicing?
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 07:45   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Has anyone upgraded your horn on your Figo/Aspire? Is there a means to upgrade horns by just removing stock horns and just swap them with red grills without relay or wire splicing?
Read mobike's thread where he has considered changing the horns but did not. The OEM horn is actually pretty loud to the 3rd person/vehicle. It's just that the passengers inside the car do not hear it loud enough because of the fantastic sound insulation of the cabin ☺
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 20:35   #351
BHPian

So the Ford's market research partner has been conducting focus groups in Mumbai.
And I was called up on wednesday for the same. This was their second such group in Mumbai taking down suggestions ,complaints, ideas for improvements etc...

The group consisted of 9 Ford Figo owners (including me - grandparents car 1.2 petrol manual!)
1 Figo petrol automatic owner
4 Figo petrol manual owners &
4 Figo Diesel manual owners.

None of them except me was a Team-bhp member (1 reader though!). so it was interesting to get a outside perspective of Ford Figo owners.
Even though their color choices were all over the table ,every owner had a ownership experience of 3 months or more. None of the owners knew each other and they had taken deliveries from the widest range of dealerships in Mumbai (SC Ford, Wasan Ford, Bhavana Ford etc etc...)

Please let know in the thread if they have been conducting such groups in other 2tier and 3 tier cities too.

It was very interesting to note that most of that internet research on team-bhp was the primary reliable source of information for decision making in buying their new car followed by car comparison websites like Car Dekho etc.. and then the suggestions from family and friends.

Last edited by johannskaria : 26th March 2016 at 20:37.
johannskaria is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 11:11   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
So the Ford's market research partner has been conducting focus groups in Mumbai.
And I was called up on wednesday for the same. This was their second such group in Mumbai taking down suggestions ,complaints, ideas for improvements etc...

The group consisted of 9 Ford Figo owners (including me - grandparents car 1.2 petrol manual!)
1 Figo petrol automatic owner
4 Figo petrol manual owners &
4 Figo Diesel manual owners.

None of them except me was a Team-bhp member (1 reader though!). so it was interesting to get a outside perspective of Ford Figo owners.
Even though their color choices were all over the table ,every owner had a ownership experience of 3 months or more. None of the owners knew each other and they had taken deliveries from the widest range of dealerships in Mumbai (SC Ford, Wasan Ford, Bhavana Ford etc etc...)

Please let know in the thread if they have been conducting such groups in other 2tier and 3 tier cities too.

It was very interesting to note that most of that internet research on team-bhp was the primary reliable source of information for decision making in buying their new car followed by car comparison websites like Car Dekho etc.. and then the suggestions from family and friends.
Hello there!

I was a part of this group too, and was sitting right next to you. I was the one with the 2 diesel Figos . I've been on team-bhp since the last decade or so, but just had my membership activated recently.
I seriously hope the issues and concerns that they discussed, particularly those of the ones with petrol Figo, reach the Ford India management. If Ford can come up with a petrol engine like the one in the 1.5 AMT, it is unforgivable that they still keep dishing out the super-laggy 1.2 petrol on the twins.
spectre13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:17   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
Hello there!

I was a part of this group too, and was sitting right next to you. I was the one with the 2 diesel Figos . I've been on team-bhp since the last decade or so, but just had my membership activated recently.
I seriously hope the issues and concerns that they discussed, particularly those of the ones with petrol Figo, reach the Ford India management. If Ford can come up with a petrol engine like the one in the 1.5 AMT, it is unforgivable that they still keep dishing out the super-laggy 1.2 petrol on the twins.
Hey doc , it was a pleasure to hear your opinions and a surprise to meet you here!
Agree with you on the Petrol engine , infact it was kind of a unanimous opinion in the group! If they address those concerns they've a very stable and all round contender when the face lift arrives in 2017-2018.
Do keep in touch.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 16:04   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Man, Is there a trend coming out regarding the engine losing its peppiness?
I hope this is not the case. Might need to clean filters and all sort of routine maintenance.
Quote:
Although I did not change the engine oil in the first service but my car too lost its peppiness around 4 - 5k. The mileage has remained great though.
Agree mileage is still looking good. yday went to M'baleshwar and gave me around 23-25.
Quote:
I am taking the car the to a different FASS. Let's see what their diagnosis is. Keeping my fingers crossed
All the best. ;will do the same in near future not an issue as of now.
Old 30th March 2016, 00:01   #355
BHPian

Took the car to Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar. Here is point wise analysis of the experience -

- They botched the appointment booking process. I booked online. They even confirmed on phone. Still my name was not there in the schedule of cars to be handled
- Car was given to a SA who allegedly had 17-18 years of experience. He looked the part. Made me happy that the car would finally see an expert and no novice as most of them usually are. Though the visit did not exactly remedy the problem I am ready to give them another chance and would get my 20k service with them.
- SA found no left pull and blamed it on the banking.
- SA found no loss in power. He did find the engine bit gruff sounding for which he cleaned the condenser (yes thats what he did! Asked someone to pressure wash the condenser. Not sure if the guy cleaned the radiator as well)
- Condenser cleaning did increase the engine smoothness a bit. But still lacked the new car peppiness.
- Also raised the weak AC issue which was not attended to.
- Was a bit disappointed as was expecting him to devote some more time on the car like opening the hood, running a engine scan, cleaning the air filter and so on. He did took a test drive though.

Remembering a recent thread about a old Maruti 800. The owner of the thread had mentioned a few SAs who went out of the way to mend his Maruti. Do people like them exist in Ford?? I will hand them my personal award! Waiting for my lucky day!

I am very sure that atleast the engine gruffness thing is not a figment of my imagination. Guess, I will run the car as it is till the 20k service and escalate it to Ford after that.

May be OT but still would like to share-

Went to see the new Amaze for a family friend. Observations -

- Front door of the Aspire is definitely heavier.
- Rear doors and boot are equally flimsy on both.
- Amaze wins in terms of space - incabin and boot. You would immediately notice the difference in the footwell space.
- Amaze is expensive for around 8 lacs OTR for SX Petrol with everything (means everything right upto the Honda maintenance package worth 10k) thrown in. Aspire TDCI is a steal.
- Showroom experience is better at the Honda's
- Perceptually, found Aspires build/fit and finish a bit better. I found a lot of plastics in Amaze really thin.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 19:08   #356
BHPian

The Figo is also called Ford KA in Ford's internal diagnostic software!

Ford Figo : Official Review-ka.jpg
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 19:14   #357
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1492289
Figo is sold as Ford KA and the Aspire as KA+ Sedan in some countries.
Old 30th March 2016, 22:38   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Figo is sold as Ford KA and the Aspire as KA+ Sedan in some countries.
Its the Ford Novo ka in Brazil. The original Ka is an ugly car that was sold in Europe and the Americas, I think.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 13:41   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Its the Ford Novo ka in Brazil. The original Ka is an ugly car that was sold in Europe and the Americas, I think.
Ford Ka as sold in the UK!! It looks tiny, but comes with 16'' alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-blobserver.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 18:28   #360
Senior - BHPian

My BIL just picked up a petrol Figo and the first service is done. He was getting 10kmpl earlier, now slightly more, is this normal?

I took it for a drive and was smashed by its road presence and feature list. Really competent car and looks great too, but the mileage could be better I feel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks