Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 09:52   #451
BHPian

Re: SCOOP pics ! Ford KA+ (India made Ford Figo) for international markets.

Can this LHD spec bumper be offered as an official accessory? Even better would be to offer such bumpers as replacement parts during the car's purchase itself. Is it even legal to have a protruding bumper added on as an accessory after homologation?
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 11:13   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP pics ! Ford KA+ (India made Ford Figo) for international markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, it is. Probably to adhere to norms regarding rear crash absorptions.

Wonder what engines specs they have compared to the Figo's sold here.
GGC countries get the 1.2l and 1.5l petrol engines in manual and auto respectively. The same as we get here, while South African market gets the 1.5l petrol engine and the 1.5l diesel engine (bit surprised that diesel is being offered there). The Brazil market gets the 1.0l Ecoboost sans the turbo at 80bhp and the 1.5l petrol engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Can this LHD spec bumper be offered as an official accessory? Even better would be to offer such bumpers as replacement parts during the car's purchase itself. Is it even legal to have a protruding bumper added on as an accessory after homologation?
Had the same line of thought when i saw that the Indonesian Innova (old one) had thicker bumpers and also the North American Honda Jazz had beefier thick bumpers than ours.

Well, when we have illegal and harmful bullbars, bike bars and all, does a thicker bumper that doesn't do any harm be any bad?
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 12:02   #453
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Does the Indian one's rear bumper look a little card boardish comparatively ? The depth of the bumper sure looks different. How much did they save on this ?
The Indian Figo has to fit into the 4m length and the bumper is where most OEM's make the adjustment. Our Figo is only 114 mm short of 4m (3886 mm).

From a cost point of view, it would make sense to OEM's to have one part no. for both domestic and export.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 13:45   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The Indian Figo has to fit into the 4m length and the bumper is where most OEM's make the adjustment. Our Figo is only 114 mm short of 4m (3886 mm).
They can squeeze in space for a thicker bumper. Look at most of the CS sedans, which are nudging at 3995mm with their wafer thin bumpers, but have to give it to Ford for giving at least this bumper. Most, if not all of the new launches have bumpers that are flush with the boot lid and in some cases even inside the boot lid line

But that aside, looks like all the Figos sold now around the world are 3886 mm, so like you said it rules out different bumpers being used currently.

This one looks like it's for some country with a stricter 'bumper regulation law' as other than the rear bumper it doesn't appear to have any other changes.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 20:40   #455
BHPian

Just a hunch I wanted to share with fellow owners of the new Figo. Do anyone of you fancy the black honeycomb grille of the Ford Ka? The retailers dont have it and neither have i succeeded in finding the same on online sites. I am well aware that people are going head over heels on 'chrome' but i have retained the silver plastic one. The black honeycomb will look menacing! Btw my Figo is black

Last edited by manson : 20th May 2016 at 20:45.
Old 21st May 2016, 14:04   #456
BHPian

@All black Figo owners : can you post some pics of your cars? I am in a comparison mode between black and silver and blacking is edging out currently.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st May 2016, 15:55   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
@All black Figo owners : can you post some pics of your cars? I am in a comparison mode between black and silver and blacking is edging out currently.

Thanks in advance.
Black is edging out????? Sounds like a challenge! Hold your horses... here are a few pics of Newton.

Ford Figo : Official Review-dsc_0036.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-dsc_0245.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-dsc_0248.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-dsc_0211.jpg
shourya_lahiri is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 22:49   #458
BHPian

Looking gorgeous in black there!
Mine is also black but since it is perpetually covered in dirt, will post pics after getting a complete wash :-).
Btw, has anyone here fitted a front armrest for their Figo ?
Is it an official accessory?
Old 22nd May 2016, 00:04   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Mine is also black but since it is perpetually covered in dirt, will post pics after getting a complete wash :-).
Dirt you say? The black looks even better with dirt
About the armrest, I do not think it is an official accessory. Also I love to hold the steering with both hands! hahaha
Old 22nd May 2016, 01:35   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
Black is edging out????? Sounds like a challenge! Hold your horses... here are a few pics of Newton.

Attachment 1509353

Attachment 1509354

Attachment 1509355

Attachment 1509356

They are looking stunning.. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post

Let's see your Figo's pics too ASAP..
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 03:02   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1509353...
The first pic is a wall paper material, had the car sported a nice set of alloy wheels! A Momo revenge or even the pattern like the wheel cover (comes on Punto) would be delicious to have on the car!

If budget is not a constraint, please do check out. Thanks for sharing the pics!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 06:23   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The first pic is a wall paper material, had the car sported a nice set of alloy wheels! A Momo revenge or even the pattern like the wheel cover (comes on Punto) would be delicious to have on the car!

If budget is not a constraint, please do check out. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Glad to hear that

Regarding the alloys, actually I have plans for an upgrade for not only the wheels but the rubber as well. Upsizing to 195/55 R15. But for the time being, I also feel that the factory set up is offering good standards of grip level, the wider ones should do wonders then!

Moreover, I need to gather a little more info about which brands to opt for, before taking the leap.
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:52   #463
BHPian

[/url]
Quote:
... Moreover, I need to gather a little more info about which brands to opt for, before taking the leap.
Also check out Lenso Samurai Izuma wheels. They look amazing as well!! They are part of my shortlist along with Momo Revenge! (for my White Figo. I've got to wait until the next tyre change though, which could be another year from now. Currently on stock alloys with Michelin 185/65 XM2s).
Have a look at the Izuma wheels here under Team-BHP alloy wheels:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...heels-351.html

Last edited by espraveen : 22nd May 2016 at 10:55.
espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:56   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
[/url]
Also check out Lenso Samurai Izuma wheels. They look amazing as well!! They are part of my shortlist along with Momo Revenge! (for my White Figo. I've got to wait until the next tyre change though, which could be another year from now. Currently on stock alloys with Michelin 185/65 XM2s).
Have a look at the Izuma wheels here under Team-BHP alloy wheels:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...heels-351.html

The Izuma wheels look stunning! especially on the white Swift. I will definitely consider these at the time of the upgrade.
About the Michelin 185/65 XM2s, how are feeling with the set up? I can understand these are more 'comfortable', but how is the increase side wall height helping in the handling department? cornering etc?

Also will be great if you can share some pictures as well
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:27   #465
BHPian

Guys,
Came across this while browsing on the internet. I guess this was the reason there was the recall for all Figos. One thing that pains me though is that the A pillar has not retained its position which might turn out to be a structural issue.

Note:
I do not own the video. It belongs to whoever has uploaded it. Neither do I know the circumstances of the accident or why the airbag hasnt deployed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks